ADVERTISEMENT

After 3 games: Post your starting line-up

johnhinson

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Sep 28, 2015
QB : Kyle Trask - Franks has had ample opportunity and it is clear he doesn’t have IT. Maybe Trask doesn’t either, but it is time to find out.

RB - Lamical Perine - Tempted to put Pierce here, but the truth is I haven’t paid much attention to how well he pass blocks. So I will go with the safer option Perine who looks like the most improved player on the team by a mile.

TE - I wouldn’t start one. Lewis can block, but can’t catch. Krull can catch, but apparently isn’t ready to block/knows the playbook. Stephens and Gamble really just arnt that good. I would play predominately a 4 WR set because our wide outs are actually pretty good. Spread the field and put your best players on the field.

WR - Van Jefferson
WR - Trevon Grimes
WR - Josh Hammond
WR - Freddie Swain

LT - Martez Ivey - I don’t like it, but overall I think he is the best option.
LG - Tyler Jordan
C - Nick Buchanan - I’m assuming Heggie just isn’t medically ready. Otherwise, he would be starting here.
RG - Chris Bleich - Fred Johnson rebounded a bit today. Don’t care. Start Bleich.
RT - Jaawan Taylor - He missed a key block on a 3rd down today, but overall still a solid RT.

Offense note:

I would switch to a 4 WR offense for the rest of the season. Run a lot more WR screens due to their abilities to get YAC and block. That will spread the defense horizontally and then I would run a mix of runs up the middle and to the outside with Perine, Pierce, and Davis getting the bulk of the carries.

DE - Elijah Conliffee - had a rough game against UK, but he is very talented and young. I still see him developing into a dominant DT down the road.

NT - Slaton - I know he can dunk, but he isn’t absurdly fast or quick. He should be playing over the center and trying to occupy 2 blockers while not giving any ground. His size is his greatest asset and that is what should be highlighted.

DE - Marlon Dunlap/Kyree Campbell - Enough of this hybrid 3-4/4-3. Put 3 big boys up here and stuff the run and push the pocket back. The biggest advantage of the 3-4 is it’s increased size and effectiveness against the run. Take advantage of it.

OLB - CeCe Jefferson

ILB - David Reese/Kylan Johnson - David Reese if he is healthy. Kylan Johnson is a former safety who grew into a LB body. He has good speed and coverage skills. He has battled injuries throughout his career. I didn’t really question him not starting due to that fact. I just assumed he wasn’t healthy. Apparently, he was and now I have no idea why he wasn’t starting day 1. His speed and coverage skills are far far far far far......far greater than Vosean Joseph’s. Just the truth. Joseph should not play another down. I’m sorry it is wasted reps.

ILB - James Houston - He is clearly the best playmaker at the position. He is 235 lbs, fast, makes plays, and is only a RFR. Why are we starting someone older, less talented, and less productive over him? WTF?

OLB - Jackson Polite - Put both him and Jefferson on the field at the same time. Big front 7. Stuff the run. Rush the passer. Help the freshman CB Trey Dean.

CB - Trey Dean - Who else would start here now that Marco Wilson is out?

CB - C.J. Henderson

SS - Amari Burney - 6’1 225 lbs and runs 4.4 forty. Best tackler at the safety position. We need that head hunting safety back. I know this guy is a true freshmen, but I say go with the growing pains and start the guy.

FS - Chauncey Gardner- Johnson - Didn’t do great here last season, but clearly is stronger and more physical this year. I say play him here and allow him to line-up 1-on-1 with the 3rd wide out.

Defensive note:

I know this line-up is a big gamble for giving up big play, but I believe it is the only way to create the negative plays that we need to become bowl eligible this season. Our opponents are better than we thought and we are not as good. Gonna have to gamble a bit. We desperately need those 15 extra practices.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News