ACT test scores hit 30 year low

BillytheC

Rowdy Reptile
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2021
  • Sad
Reactions: BCSpell
You guys need to be more inclusive.

For posters like @kalimgoodman @BSC911 @Mdfgator let me explain: The ACT test is an examination that you take as a requirement for admission into college.

Really...sometimes you guys can be so insensitive.

Thank you covid lock downs and virtual schooling. The pure simplistic garbage that was my kids school "work/assignments" for 2 years was pitiful at best. Nothing really for the "advance" kids, as everyone got the same thing. Unfortunately, my oldest suffered because of it and didn't do well on either the SAT or the ACT. A prep class for the SAT didn't help either. At least my youngest has a chance. We started him with prep classes/work last year, so hopefully by the time he graduates in 2.5 years, he will do better.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Thank you covid lock downs and virtual schooling. The pure simplistic garbage that was my kids school "work/assignments" for 2 years was pitiful at best. Nothing really for the "advance" kids, as everyone got the same thing. Unfortunately, my oldest suffered because of it and didn't do well on either the SAT or the ACT. A prep class for the SAT didn't help either. At least my youngest has a chance. We started him with prep classes/work last year, so hopefully by the time he graduates in 2.5 years, he will do better.
dont take this the wrong way but your making the liberal argument that the tests are biased. I dont think they are, fyi...

Well my son hated the online learning but since it was a private school they actually never missed a beat. They even took the workload up a notch. I had to scan in anything that was done by hand as his age group weren't expected to be able to type fast enough to get the assignments done.

I was the proctor and I can tell you I never had that much work when I was in public school.

Public schools around here seemed to struggle and the DEI mindset didn't hold anyone accountable since not everyone had the same home environment and it wouldn't be "fair."

Reactions: BCSpell
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT