ADVERTISEMENT

3 man rush...

LakerGator

Rowdy Reptile
Dec 3, 2015
Florida
Great win but, I hate the 3 man rush. We got lucky at the end as LSU dropped 2 passes. The 3 man rush is always nerve racking as if you give a good QB time, he can find someone. Of course if we went down after the INT. we would’ve won anyways but, a GREAT win for the Gators

Great win but, I hate the 3 man rush. We got lucky at the end as LSU dropped 2 passes. The 3 man rush is always nerve racking as if you give a good QB time, he can find someone. Of course if we went down after the INT. we would’ve won anyways but, a GREAT win for the Gators

I didn't like it either, but I am in no mood, and certainly no position, to criticize any of our decisions. Dubyas is the goal, and goal achieved.

There are a few reasons you run a 30 front. First if you have a strong and fast DL, normally two fast DEs/Tackles and the same on noseguard then you can run the 30 front. It also stops the long bombs and the outside curl or down & out routes. It’s suppose to contain to force the throws in the middle of the field to force the clock to run. This is why Florida was able to pick off the ball twice. Our high school started running it in 2010 and just now went back to the 4-4 this past season.

Yeah I didn’t care for it either but at the same time, we had an 8 point lead not a 3 or 7 point lead. Time was around a minute and change. LSU had 1 timeout I believe and even with our three man rush, we were getting pressure. In the situation, you can’t get beat over the top with a quick hitter.

He's not getting a lot of credit, but Grantham has this defense playing really well right now. Notice the Georgia fans that were smacking their gums about him after the UK loss have disappeared.

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
He's not getting a lot of credit, but Grantham has this defense playing really well right now. Notice the Georgia fans that were smacking their gums about him after the UK loss have disappeared.

If u think about it, it wasn’t his scheme but the players not wrapping up. U can could count on both hands how many times they didn’t wrap up in that game. I thought it was Nebraska all over again on many ways on defense.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Hate it generally but it’s the right call in the case. LSU only had something like 49 seconds and no TO’s. The theory is that by dropping 8 you have way more defenders in coverage than they have receivers which forces the QB to hold the ball and burn clock. Then because you have so many in coverage they usually have to dump it short, tackle them in bounds and even more clock burns.

The 'Waterboy' might need a new, or at least an additional nickname.
'THE CLOSER' works for me for both weeks final plays.

MsSt, he ends the game on a 4th down with a monster sack.
LSU he ends the game on a 4th down with a leaping interception.

I'm very happy to give an 'ole boy' SALUTE to:
Safety Donovan Stiner 6-1 203 So - Houston Texas.

But I'm hoping that he won't be needed to end the game next week on a 4th down save...

Reactions: GatorGraz
We were getting pressure with 3 as well. Keep that in mind.
Grantham is really doing an amazing job...players are always in the back field, we're blitzing the chit out of these teams and coming from different angles etc... the offensive and defensive schemes are on point. Can't believe the job Mullen is doing...players are fired up...making plays and getting developed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT