ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Gator baseball

As horrible our starting pitching has been all season and throughout the tourney, it's extremely unbelievable to get this far.

• Sad
Reactions: NavigatorII
Texas A&M has a deep and talented pitching staff and their hitters are much more disciplined than ours. We're down 5-0 in the 6th.

Shitty regular season but a great run into the CWS.
Gators playing with house money. Great post season considering such a mediocre start, and severe lack of experienced/quality pitching depth. Control issues plagued them all year. No complaints overall considering the facts. Proud of them taking lemons and making lemonade.

23c.gif

UT and aTm have been the best teams all year. We had our chances tonight and those at bats didn’t go our way.

Great great season by this team. And I think the future looks a little brighter than we thought a month ago. A lot of these young pitchers really developed and performed for us late and we’ve got a lineup starting with Kurland, Shelton, Heyman, Donay, Wilson. We’ve already got some good transfers and I’m sure will add more. Our recruiting class will be loaded per usual.

Some things to learn from though. We strike out way too much. I understand we’re trying to be aggressive but sometimes you make it really easy for the pitcher when you swing at everything. And on the other side I think we need to throw more strikes. Too many sliders early get us in bad counts.

But anyway, I’m sure sully will keep figuring it out. Great great season. It was a lot of fun. I’m excited to watch cags get after mlb.

Class act by Cags to go up to Tibbs after our game and before yours.

Hurts to lose but no one should be hanging their heads in the Sunshine State tonight.

Reactions: bradleygator
AM has deep pitching. We looked fatigued. Tough break being at the park early in the morning and then coming back to play last night. 60 days ago, if any of us had said we would be one of the last 3 teams still standing we would have been laughed off the board. We need to load up on pitching out of the portal, add 2-3 more bats, and then lock down our recruits. Ocala, how does our recruiting class look?

Reactions: gatordad3
Last edited:
Reactions: Nicktheslick
We will always be grateful for all you gave for us gator fans and we will follow your career at the next level. Great athlete great teammate great person. Thank you sir!

Reactions: bradleygator
Their fans were certainly A-holes. But that vol coach is dirty dirty...
Touche

Well, the silver lining in all of this is how much it's gonna bother FSU....not only to come up empty handed again, but be filled with "what if?" regarding their first game vs UT.

Last edited:
Not surprised with who we've added. Guy has an incredible glove but a below average bat. Now he did come thru in the post season for sure, but my guess is he felt his playing time was about to take a hit. Which most likely was.
Especially with the emergence of Ashton Wilson and Ty Evans returning from his injury.

Not surprised with who we've added. Guy has an incredible glove but a below average bat. Now he did come thru in the post season for sure, but my guess is he felt his playing time was about to take a hit. Which most likely was.
The guy was a good gator. I loved his comment last year when he made the game saving catch crashing into the wall. He would have run through the wall if necessary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT