ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Baseball Commits??

ocalaman

Bull Gator
Sep 4, 2002
Does anybody have a complete list with info. on the players who have committed to UF? I've seen names here and there, but not the full list. I know we've lost 2 catchers who have already signed pro contracts, one from Live Oak and one from Winter Haven, plus a big time pitcher from Minnesota. Do we have another catcher in the class? If not, we could be hurtin' if both Rivera & Kolo go pro, and extra hurt if JJ does as well.

Found the answer to my own question. Not easy to get this info., but it's on the Perfect Game USA website, where they currently have UF's recruiting class ranked #1. Here's the links: https://www.perfectgame.org/rankings/Recruiting/Rankings.aspx
https://www.perfectgame.org/rankings/Recruiting/CollegeCommits.aspx?ID=1774&g=2017

Although not shown below, I did see that catcher Sam McMillan signed with the Tigers after they gave him a $1 million signing bonus. As a 5th round pick, the bonus was $700,000 more than comparable picks have been offered. http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...igers-pony-sign-high-school-catcher/103072228

Also, catcher Zach Jackson was picked in the 6th round by the Cardinals and he said he is going to sign with them.

There are 2 other catchers on this list and 2 players who are rated especially high and appear to be coming to UF for sure are SS Brady McConnell & Pitcher Tommy Mace. O'Sullivan likes to bring in shortstops and then use them wherever he needs them on the infield (Guthrie was a SS in high school, but started at 2nd for Florida his freshman year. India and Liput both were high school shortstops). Hopefully the rest of these guys will be on campus and it's good to see a couple of lefty pitchers on the list.

Florida's HS Recruits

Class of 2017

Players who have signed a pro contact are not counted towards recruiting ranking points
Nat Rank Name Drafted/Signed Pos Ht Wt B T High School Hometown St
Jordan Butler Drafted by Yankees
LHP 6-2 193 L L Alonso Odessa FL
Samuel Carlson Drafted by Mariners
Signed RHP 6-4 208 R R Burnsville Savage MN
Connor Churchill
RHP 6-4 195 R R East Lake Palm Harbor FL
Jose Ciccarello
SS 5-10 185 R R Alonso Tampa FL
Justin Farmer
OF 6-1 195 R R Riverview Riverview FL
Colton Gordon-Zimring