ADVERTISEMENT

1st time ever in the NFL Draft

TEBOW TIME

Rowdy Reptile
Dec 7, 2019
6 players drafted in the top 10 are from the SEC. LSU, Alabama, Georgia, Auburn and Florida

Bama 3
LSU 1
Georgia 1
Auburn 1
Florida 1

15 SEC players in the top 32

Last edited:
Will be the most busts ever from one conference. Simply based on it being the most drafted.

LSU is losing a bunch of early entrants to this draft. With that and Georgia getting no spring practice for that new QB and those new O linemen I think it improves our chances to win the SEC East if there is a season which I think there will be.

As far as the picks so far I think Miami was smart to take Tua.

Hey nailed-head choker, did you see that since 2009, the SEC has had 5 more Top 10 NFL draft picks,,,, (44 - 39)

than the next two conferences combined?
1. SEC - 44
2. Big-12 - 20
3. ACC - 19

The 2020 SEC had 6 Teams with 1st Rnd NFL draft picks.
The SEC has the #1 pick, and 6 of the Top 10 picks.
While 9 of the Top 15 picks came from the SEC. For 60 freakin’ percent. :eek:
The SEC broke the Conference NFL draft record (12) with their 15 First Round Picks. ~The NFL knows how good the ball is in the SEC.
~~ And this is part of the reason that post season Bowl-CFP fans like to chant after another big win,,, SEC-SEC-SEC. :D:p:D

And oh, BTW:
At least one Florida player has been selected in every NFL Draft since 1952.
That is currently the longest streak in SEC history.

LSU is losing a bunch of early entrants to this draft. With that and Georgia getting no spring practice for that new QB and those new O linemen I think it improves our chances to win the SEC East if there is a season which I think there will be.

As far as the picks so far I think Miami was smart to take Tua.

Jags needed about 8 picks yesterday. Team is that devoid of talent. Have NOTHING at DT, should have drafted one, but you can't say they didn't draft for need, because they have needs everywhere.

Maybe they are trying to get the #1 overall next year. A franchise QB would be great. I think they have the lack of talent needed to make it happen.

Yeah but also the most all-pros using the same logic.

When 1 conference dominates you will tend to represent both extremes from a stats perspective. Not really sure what the original point was.

Correct. Point being i think NFL teams are getting lazy and picking from about 4 teams. I get that Clemson, LSU, Bama, and Oh st have the best players but they also have the most busts. I posted out of jealousy to make myself feel better. Zero FSU busts this yr.....

Correct. Point being i think NFL teams are getting lazy and picking from about 4 teams. I get that Clemson, LSU, Bama, and Oh st have the best players but they also have the most busts. I posted out of jealousy to make myself feel better. Zero FSU busts this yr.....

Oh - lol - well you should have said that! haha I get it.

Reactions: fsu939913
Just killin' some of this 'dead time' in the off-season.... :cool:

Gators are going higher in the NFL draft than most predicted. (GM 's sand-bagging maybe?)
1-9 CB Henderson - 4 star
2-57 WR Jefferson - 4 star
3-79 DE Zuniga - 3 star
3-90 DE/LB Greenard - 3 star
4-120 RB Perine - 3 star
Lamical Perine was a lightly recruited prospect out of HS. He was rated as a 3-star prospect and the #493 overall player in the 2016 recruiting class by the 247 Composite, an industry-generated recruiting ranking. He was ranked as the #28 RB nationally in his class. -- Again, so much for the 3-star player rankings...
==========

Still availavble...
WR Swain - 4-star
WR Cleveland - 4-star
WR Hammond - 4-star
P Townsend - 3-star
MLB Reese - 3-star
DT Shuler - 3-star
OC Nick Buchanan - 3-star
SS Jeawon Taylor - 3-star
DT/DE Luke Ancrum - 2-star

What do the Gators have in common with the tOSU schmuckeyes and the Tennis-sea rubber-lollies?
Those 3 are tied (19) Nationally for the most WR's taken in the 1st 3 Rnd's by the NFL draft since 1967.
Florida has had 40 total WR's drafted in all rounds over that span.

Linebackers drafted in the modern era (1967) in the 1st 3 Rnds:
1. 24 USCw
2. 22 tOSU
3t. 21 UA
3t. 21 PSU
5. 19 UF
-----
6. 18 TN
7t.17 scUM
7t. 17 Chokers
9t. 16 UGly
9t. 16 LSU

9t. 16 Neb.
Note -- The SEC has 2 in the Top 5, and 5 total in the Top 10 - UA-UF---TN-UG-LSU

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Swain to the Seahawks
Cleveland to the Broncos
Just killin' some of this 'dead time' in the off-season.... :cool:

Gators are going higher in the NFL draft than most predicted. (GM 's sand-bagging maybe?)
1-9 CB Henderson - 4 star
2-57 WR Jefferson - 4 star
3-79 DE Zuniga - 3 star
3-90 DE/LB Greenard - 3 star
4-120 RB Perine - 3 star
Lamical Perine was a lightly recruited prospect out of HS. He was rated as a 3-star prospect and the #493 overall player in the 2016 recruiting class by the 247 Composite, an industry-generated recruiting ranking. He was ranked as the #28 RB nationally in his class. -- Again, so much for the 3-star player rankings...
==========

Still availavble...
WR Swain - 4-star
WR Cleveland - 4-star
WR Hammond - 4-star
P Townsend - 3-star
MLB Reese - 3-star
DT Shuler - 3-star
OC Nick Buchanan - 3-star
SS Jeawon Taylor - 3-star
DT/DE Luke Ancrum - 2-star

What do the Gators have in common with the tOSU schmuckeyes and the Tennis-sea rubber-lollies?
Those 3 are tied (19) Nationally for the most WR's taken in the 1st 3 Rnd's by the NFL draft since 1967.
Florida has had 40 total WR's drafted in all rounds over that span.

Linebackers drafted in the modern era (1967) in the 1st 3 Rnds:
1. 24 USCw
2. 22 tOSU
3t. 21 UA
3t. 21 PSU
5. 19 UF
-----
6. 18 TN
7t.17 scUM
7t. 17 Chokers
9t. 16 UGly
9t. 16 LSU

9t. 16 Neb.
Note -- The SEC has 2 in the Top 5, and 5 total in the Top 10 - UA-UF---TN-UG-LSU

NFL Draft Update - 4-26-2020

1-9 CB C.J. Henderson - Jags

2-57 WR Van Jefferson - Rams

3-79 SDE Jabari Zuniga - Jets

3-90 WDE/LB Jonathan Greenard - Texans

4-120 RB Lamical Perine - Jets

6-214 WR Freddie Swain - Seahawks

7-252 WR Tyrie Cleveland - Broncos
-----
UDFA WR Josh Hammond - Jags

UDFA P Tommy Townsend - Chiers

UDFA DT/DE Adam Shuler - Cardinals

UDFA MLB David Reece - Panthers

UF has now had 42 WR's drafted since 1967.
They are the only school to have 3 WR's drafted in 2020.(plus an UDFA WR)
They have done so twice now, in 1978 and 2020.
Pretty astounding, considering that RB Perine with 40, had more catches than FS or TC.
The way Dan spreads the ball around drives opponent DC's crazy....

Note: UF ranks tied for 1st Nationally among schools with the WR's selected in the 1st 3 rounds during the common draft era (1967).
DB-U and WR-U??? ;)
======

And just for my little FSUcks buddy, numbers.... :D:p:D

Gators 2020 NFL Draft Notes
  • Florida has had the 5th-most 1st and 2nd round picks in the Nation and 3rd-most in the SEC since 2008.
  • Alabama – 52
  • Ohio State – 35
  • LSU – 31
  • USC – 29
  • Florida – 27
  • Florida State – 24
  • Clemson – 22
  • Notre Dame – 22
  • North Carolina – 15
  • Missouri – 14
==========

The Gators' 7 total drafted players represent the most in the state of Florida for 2020.
  • Florida – 7
  • Miami – 4
  • Florida International – 2
  • Central Florida – 1
  • Florida Atlantic – 1
  • Florida State – 1 (at least they're still ahead of USF....) :rolleyes::p:D
  • South Florida – 0

And as bad as the past decade has been for the Gator's....

The Gators have had 34 players selected in the 1st 3 rounds since 2010.
  • Florida – 34
  • Florida State – 26
  • Miami – 17
I wanted to post that on your thread, but someone censored it before I got there. ;)
Case Closed....
:cool:

Last edited:
It was a huge haul that NFL teams collected from the Florida Gators last weekend. A big part of that were 3 WR's that were drafted and one that was also signed as an undrafted free agent. Florida head coach Dan Mullen is proud of all of their hard work on the field and in the classroom.

“I think it’s a huge deal because I think you know what, when guys look at it—and our guys, thankfully they bought into it and now they all reap the rewards of it and I think… you get out on the recruiting trail and you’re… calling these different receivers and they’re like ‘well coach this school, they had the one guy get all these catches’ and I said ‘ok well what if you’re not the one or how many different people are saying they are the one?’” Mullen said. “And you come play at Florida, you’re not only gonna get coached, you’re gonna get developed… and have the opportunity to go and get touches on the field and the opportunity to go on to the next level and play in the NFL. That’s such a huge selling point."

“I think one of the other big points that has really… been kinda overlooked is not only did we have 4 go to the NFL, all four have graduated college. And I think that is something that is really special and unique.”

Read a good write up here:
https://247sports.com/college/flori...Swain-Josh-Hammond-Tyrie-Cleveland-146564944/

Last edited:
Cleveland went to Denver. What were the Browns thinking? Cleveland to Cleveland would have been so much more fun.

Shades of the ole Gump... ;)

Forrest Gump: "There was Dallas, from Phoenix; Cleveland - he was from Detroit; and Tex... well, I don't remember where Tex come from." :D:eek::D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT