ADVERTISEMENT

14,292 Days & counting Since their last REAL Title, but UGLY claims another Recruiting Nattie

Jeff from Jax

Gator Great
Dec 2, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
9638655.png

Sedrick Van Pran & Broderick Jones signed with UGLY to help them win the Recruiting Nattie - LOL.

"Georgia did land two commits on the day — a long, upside defensive back out of Louisiana that it flipped from Ole Miss named Daran Branch and in-state offensive lineman Cameron Kinnie — but most of the work was done well before Wednesday arrived. The commitment of four-star running back Daijun Edwards last week gave Georgia the final push .
https://247sports.com/Article/Natio...-updates-team-rankings-commitments-143347280/

Small fonts for small accomplishments !

From the Head Ball Coach - "Why is it that during recruiting season they sign all the great players, but when it comes time to play the game, we have all the great players? I don't understand that. What happens to them?"

Last edited:
I said this before, but their class looks a lot better on paper than on the field. Washington made a huge mistake. He’s a monster and he won’t get double digit catches in his combined career. They might get evans too but I doubt he’ll ever contribute on the field. They sign a lot of guys who they don’t make full use of. The areas where they have done really well are the OL and RB, and that isn’t a middling accomplishment, but it also has a ceiling. But this class doesn’t really strike me as that impressive

Now that Georgia has won the title in their most competitive sport of all on campus, they can transition to their second most notable NCAA sport which will take up the majority of the rest of the offseason. Transfers out of Athens.

Dang, it was a split title....espn still has Clemson on top. Does that mean they will share the trophy?

Now that Georgia has won the title in their most competitive sport of all on campus, they can transition to their second most notable NCAA sport which will take up the majority of the rest of the offseason. Transfers out of Athens.
And there will the portal master be.....Dan Mullllen waiting to snag any wavering 4/5-star that becomes disenchanted with his PT. What a marvelous problem to have actually.....you should try it some lifetime. 4 in a row coming to a theater near you. That's 4 recruiting titles in a row of course.....not to confuse you.

We have the facilities now, we have the brand power, the history, and recent success to boot. It's time to own this State not only on the field, but recruiting as well. It's obvious Dan is a great developer, play caller. But he needs closers on his staff. Miami and FSU are train wrecks right now, Georgia is good not great. If Ed Orgeron can win a National Title (no offense Ed), there is zero reason Dan can't.

Reactions: gatordad3
And there will the portal master be.....Dan Mullllen waiting to snag any wavering 4/5-star that becomes disenchanted with his PT. What a marvelous problem to have actually.....you should try it some lifetime. 4 in a row coming to a theater near you. That's 4 recruiting titles in a row of course.....not to confuse you.

Nah we have had recruiting titles in our lifetime under Meyer. We had actual Titles on the field too. Try the latter sometime in your lifetime.

But let's depend on a Wake Forest quitter to be our savior...all while chasing off a Heisman Candidate.

I said this before, but their class looks a lot better on paper than on the field. Washington made a huge mistake. He’s a monster and he won’t get double digit catches in his combined career. They might get evans too but I doubt he’ll ever contribute on the field. They sign a lot of guys who they don’t make full use of. The areas where they have done really well are the OL and RB, and that isn’t a middling accomplishment, but it also has a ceiling. But this class doesn’t really strike me as that impressive

Reactions: 7hillsDawg
Nah we have had recruiting titles in our lifetime under Meyer. We had actual Titles on the field too. Try the latter sometime in your lifetime.

Pete Caroll got #1 classes, and won the National Championship.

Urban Meyer got #1 classes, and won the National Championship.

Nick Saban got #1 classes, and won the National Championship.

Kirby Smart got #1 classes, and beat Ga Tech for the State Championship.

So.... how many days since you beat The UGA???? Huh muLLLens???? Exactly! And another one is coming hoss! Go DAWGS!!!
I guess settling for losing to Bama in the playoff championship, and losing in the SEC championship, yet winning recruiting titles is a Georgia fans thing.:oops:
In 1995, we didn't brag about losing to Nebraska like you Georgia fans do right now. In 2000, we didn't brag about losing to Michigan St in the NCAA basketball final. In 2005, we didn't brag about getting swept in the CWS finals vs Texas, but for some stupid reason, you Georgia fans sure love you some consolation prizes and 2nd place trophies.
Just keep it coming with all your Gaylord Focker 9th place ribbons, superdawg51, jt22039482, whatever your name is, Gwinnette, and grumpyolddawg(who happens to be the pissiest of them all).
shocked2.gif

I had 2 thoughts.

1. For the longest time, I thought of UGA as being Buffalo Bills-esque. I now realize that is an insult to the Bills. Have you ever seen Steven A Smith delight in the Cowboys tripping up? He has said(paraphrasing) that he knows at some point, sooner or later, the Cowboys will mess up (ring any bells, UGA?). He doesnt have a problem with the team itself or the owner. His annoyance lies with the fanbase that yearly boasts of greatness for the upcoming season.. UGA is the less popular and less successful college version of that. At least the Bills would have outside support in winning a NC, unlike UGA.

2. The sports world should dread a day of UGA winning a national championship. How many years have they acted presumptuous and entitled before the season began,only to pull a "cowboys"?

Lots, right?

They are akin to a water hose turned on all the way, but fully knotted up. The result of winning a NC would be like undoing that knot.

They wouldn't act like a historical blueblood that finally won after a long hiatus. Also, they wouldnt act like a newbie bragart thats never "been there".

No

They would be a Frankenstein's monster of a mixture of those two reactions. Then we, the sports world, would have to gather torches and do our best to try to deal with it.

UGA fans? It's best for everyone's sake that your ultimate success remains buried.

Last edited:
2. The sports world should dread a day of UGA winning a national championship. How many years have they acted presumptuous and entitled before the season began,only to pull a "cowboys?

Lots, right?

They are akin to a water hose turned on all the way, but fully knotted up. The result of winning a NC would be like undoing that knot.

They wouldn't act like a historical blueblood that finally won after a long hiatus. Also, they wouldnt act like a newbie bragart thats never "been there".

No

They would be a Frankenstein's monster of a mixture of those two reactions. Then we, the sports world, would have to gather torches and do our best to try to deal with it.

UGA fans? It's best for everyone's sake that your ultimate success remains buried.

Hopefully they would handle it as well as Ga Tech fans did in 1990.

A Corvette is sitting in the driveway, but it's being driven by a Yugo quality driver... :cool:

So Georgia is just as shitty as the bottom 90% of the teams?
That shitty ga team has spanked some lizard ass lately. And if you think that’s gonna change anytime soon I’ve got some ocean front property you might like. Nothing better than seeing gator faces when they realize each year they just aren’t good enough to beat ga.

That shitty ga team has spanked some lizard ass lately. And if you think that’s gonna change anytime soon I’ve got some ocean front property you might like. Nothing better than seeing gator faces when they realize each year they just aren’t good enough to beat ga.

I'm a Bama fan, we don't have that problem. And since I've seen Kirbs coach for a lot longer than you have, I know Florida isn't gonna have that problem much longer either.

Dang, it was a split title....espn still has Clemson on top. Does that mean they will share the trophy?
Pick a site and be consistent. We are both on Rivals so that is the one I use for recruiting rankings. Over the last 4 years, Rivals has UGA as #3, #1, #1, and #1. Looking forward to seeing what new OC Todd Monken and new QB Jaime Newman can do with all that talent.

Last edited:
If you hadn't noticed, the cycle in this rivalry has run in Florida's favor for almost 30 years. If all you're satisfied with just beating Florida like the other loser Georgia fans here like yourself, you live a sad, pathetic life. Nice choke job with the Georgia basketball team last night. Too bad you will feel Paco's wrath soon.

Pick a site and be consistent. We are both on Rivals so that is the one I use for recruiting rankings. Over the last 54 years, Rivals has UGA as #3, #1, #1, and #1. Looking forward to seeing what new OC Todd Monken and new QB Jaime Newman can do with all that talent.
Hasn't Monken been a failure as an OC everywhere he's been at?

[
I'm a Bama fan, we don't have that problem. And since I've seen Kirbs coach for a lot longer than you have, I know Florida isn't gonna have that problem much longer either.
Care to elaborate? Have you given Dan the inside scoop on how to finally beat Kirby? Will you share it with Pruitt and Malzahn too? All are O-fer vs. CKS.

Reactions: AmeDawg
[

Care to elaborate? Have you given Dan the inside scoop on how to finally beat Kirby? Will you share it with Pruitt and Malzahn too? All are O-fer vs. CKS.

They should be. Kirbs will enter 2020 season once again with the most talent of any team in the nation.

And he will miss the playoffs. For the 3rd straight season.

Kirbs is great at getting them on campus, but has no clue what to do with them once he does.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT