ADVERTISEMENT

11 in a row???

I keep hearing people talk about how he should have gone for two and that is by no means a lock of a decision. They're facing an offense (us) that had struggled to score all day, you take the extra point and go up 13 and make it a three score game

Sorry buddy. You know a lot about football, but this makes no sense. No way Florida is getting three possessions in the final ten minutes. With that time left, a 13 point margin vs a 12 point margin is the same.

I really don't see where Jones oUT coached McElwain either. Maybe by calling a few trick plays.

I disliked the bend but don't break defense on UT's final drive. Besides that Mc called the appropriate plays when needed and managed his time outs properly as well as the clock. He can't be faulted for lack of execution.

This year UT had the slight talent advantage. They still choked. No way I can say bUTch oUT coached McElwain.

Sorry buddy. You know a lot about football, but this makes no sense. No way Florida is getting three possessions in the final ten minutes. With that time left, a 13 point margin vs a 12 point margin is the same.

Why not? We only ended up getting 2, but 3 possessions in 10-minutes is not that hard to come by, especially if our defense is playing up to their capabilities. That means they're gonna force more 3 and outs. For example against UK we got 3 possessions from the 14:50 mark to the 6 minute mark, that's a little more than 8 minutes.

Why not? We only ended up getting 2, but 3 possessions in 10-minutes is not that hard to come by, especially if our defense is playing up to their capabilities. That means they're gonna force more 3 and outs. For example against UK we got 3 possessions from the 14:50 mark to the 6 minute mark, that's a little more than 8 minutes.

UT had just run off a 7 minute drive.

Three possession for three scores is a lot more improbable than two possessions and two scores.

12042932_10205553430861276_4065620578840965068_n.jpg

Bowden did the exact same thing against Miami in 2002. Kicked the extra point to go up 13 in the 4th. Ended up losing by one on another missed kick.

Jones decision was worse as UF didn't even have a kicker.

Running 4 plays with 1:30 and two time outs is just plain terrible.

I don't see how anyone on that team can have faith that Jones knows what to do.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
I actually forgot about the fact that our kicking game was horrible, that's one data point I didn't take into consideration.

I actually forgot about the fact that our kicking game was horrible, that's one data point I didn't take into consideration.
It really calls into question Jones' time out when we were lining up for a FG after Dobbs fumbled and we could not move the ball for three downs. That was by no means a chip shot FG, especially with a guy that seemed to barely get the ball through the uprights on extra points.

So Butch calls time out, we go for it on 4th down. make it and eventually score.

Jones is a dumb ass coach of epic proportions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT