ADVERTISEMENT

10 Reasons not to buy an EV

After he came back from a 30 something day ban, MDFer never spoke of EV's, let alone Tesla's again.
Those Cyber truck look retarded as hell.

Reactions: BillytheC
We have a Tesla and Rivian and they are fantastic. They are powered by Tesla solar panels and walls.

Should we ban ICE? No.

More choice is (almost) always better.

By the way, in the WSJ. The Ford CEO went to China and was shaken, to the core, by the Chinese EV market. Why? Via cheap (nearly) slave labor, and government subsidies, they can sell very good cars for 40k.

You want to destroy US automaking? That’s it.

Dont believe me? Where is Whirlpool on the Fortune 500?

So, I like EVs, it’s fantastic when you have a closed loop power generation setup, but needs to be part of a portfolio of car options.

We have a Tesla and Rivian and they are fantastic. They are powered by Tesla solar panels and walls.

Should we ban ICE? No.

By the way, in the WSJ. The Ford CEO went to China and was shaken, to the core, by the Chinese EV market. Why? Via cheap (nearly) slave labor, and government subsidies, they can sell very good cars for 40k.

So, I like EVs, it’s fantastic when you have a closed loop power generation setup, but needs to be part of a portfolio of car options.
This is spot on..and why we NEED tariffs. We will never be able to compete with slave labor. Secondly...China has most of the material needed for the batteries. So this AT THIS TIME is NOT the direction America needs to go. US automakers are pulling the reigns in quickly, as well as some European manufacturers. We skipped Hybrid technology for the most part...that is where we need to be until we get a WHOLE BUNCH of issues worked out with EV's. We can hangle a small portion of them..but not all mandadted in 2035

This is spot on..and why we NEED tariffs. We will never be able to compete with slave labor. Secondly...China has most of the material needed for the batteries. So this AT THIS TIME is NOT the direction America needs to go. US automakers are pulling the reigns in quickly, as well as some European manufacturers. We skipped Hybrid technology for the most part...that is where we need to be until we get a WHOLE BUNCH of issues worked out with EV's. We can hangle a small portion of them..but not all mandadted in 2035
10,000 percent agree

Should we ban ICE? No.

It’s like trying to protect the US cell phone manufacturing industry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT