ADVERTISEMENT

Why do coaches fall all over themselves to coach at UF?

Mcelwain is still gonna take home more than we'll end up paying muschamp the next 3 years, plus we have to pay back the buyout amount that Mac is giving up. Essentially we'll be spending more on current and former head coaches than bama is with nick Saban.

All this for a guy that had a little success in the Mountain west. This is why Foley's the best AD in the business.

Good points. Mac is giving up nothing...he's making more than he was by a long shot. He's also landed the head job at a big budget football school in a major conference. Him taking the job was a no brainer. When an established head coach at a major program leaves his job for UF and takes a pay cut...then I'll listen to the "coaches falling all over themselves" mierda.

UF's football job is indeed a big one, and well coveted no doubt. Especially attractive to guys at lesser programs looking to step up.

There are few, if any, coaching jobs more attractive to the ones at Florida. In most sports.

There are few, if any, coaching jobs more attractive to the ones at Florida. In most sports.

For two consecutive football hires I have heard "Who is going to take the job." That doesn't sound like falling all over yourself to me.

And again, in basketball, we took a guy who was making a HUGE jump up.

Is Florida a good place to coach, sure. But I would not say people are falling all overthemselves to come, at least for the two revenue sports

Michi....does it count at all how long Billy stayed at UF. Turned down the chance to coach UF twice and turned down the Orlando Magic.

That is saying something.

I think there are a number of top programs that coaches want to coach for.
When one opens up lots of coaches from lesser programs would want to take one of those jobs.
Once established in those programs it is rare to see a coach move from one of those top programs to take another top program. The only one i can think of is Meyer from UF to OSU.
So maybe OSU can say coaches are falling all over themselves but we can only say coaches from lesser programs are falling all over themselves.

When is the last time a coach voluntarily left UF for another job in the college coaching ranks? Answer: 1996, Lon Kruger. That's almost 20 years ago.
For those responding to Michi, understand...he is a nole troll.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT