ADVERTISEMENT

Whispers in the Hall: September 18, 2023

JasonHigdon

Bull Gator
Staff
Nov 5, 2021
Whispers in the Hall: September 18, 2023

Four-Star Flip? I know there is a player who committed to another program, a four-star player who recently told the Florida staff he will be a Gator. Time will tell. I am still determining the timing of it all right now. I thought he would announce for Florida initially, but that did not happen, and now here we are months later, waiting for him to jump into the Florida class. We will call this recruit Player A. I think he will be in this class, but I thought this prior and was wrong.

Players B & C recently told the Gator coaches they are also in the class. I know all of you, or most of you, will say why not go public? I can't answer that question. I can't tell you the decision-making process of a 17-year old kid. It means that Florida is moving closer to gaining three more verbal commitments. I feel strongly about the chances of all three of these guys ending up Gators. Might this put the class in a numbers crunch? Possibly, but this is where we see either the Billy Napier PG 13 OR the Billy Napier R Rated (Thanks, EH for that Reference LOL).

I expect Florida to land three more verbal commitments for the current cycle. They could go one or two more, but they are still trying to figure a few things out.

2025 is off to a great start with Waltez Clark, and he will be a guy that others ultimately gravitate to, but as we all watched with Chauncey Bowens, an early commitment does not always work in the end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News