ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Soccer Adds Transfer Delaney Tellex

JasonHigdon

Bull Gator
Staff
Nov 5, 2021
GAINESVILLE, Fla. - Florida soccer adds 2023 American Athletic Conference All-Tournament selection Delaney Tellex to the upcoming season's roster. The forward/midfielder transfers to Florida after playing her freshman season at Memphis.

"We are thrilled to see Delaney choose to be a Gator! She brings NCAA tournament experience and is ready to embrace the competitive challenge of the SEC," Florida Head Coach Samantha Bohon said. "I love the competitive attitude she brings and think she'll find teammates who will match her 'compete to win' mindset."

Tellex is the seventh newcomer to join the Gators for the 2024 season. UF signed four freshmen last November and added two additional transfers - Emilee Hauser and Kaela Standish

Delaney Tellex X: @DelaneyTellex IG: delaneytellex

* Position: Forward/Midfield

* High School: Penfield H.S.

* Hometown: Penfield, N.Y.

* Info

At Memphis (2023):

* First collegiate goal was AAC Tournament final game winner. One of two freshmen named to AAC All-Tournament team

* Appeared in 18 matches, including each of Memphis' three NCAA Tournament matches

High School:

* 2022 New York State Sportswriters and Coaches Organization for Girls' Sports (NYSSCOGS) All-State first team (Class AA) All-State third team as a junior

* 2022 Monroe County Division I Player of the Year after scoring a Division I leading15 goals

* Penfield H.S. won 2022 Monroe County Division I title

* 2021 and 2022 All-Greater Rochester first-team selection by Democrat and Chronicle; second-team in 2020 and 2021

* Scored more than 50 goals playing at Penfield High School

* Played with Western New York Flash ECNL team, earning 2021 Ohio Valley All-Conference U16 second-team honors

Tellex's Career Statistics (at Memphis)

Season

GP-GS

Min

Shots

G

A

Pts

18-0

Totals

18-0

Reactions: MKA and hmcmg8r