ADVERTISEMENT

Vanderbilt @ Florida...

He had more than 2 seconds on a lot of plays counting scrambling. The main issue to me is we just do too much dinking and dunking and that isn't going to cut it when the other team is scoring. When Mertz buys that time he needs to be more confident to go after plays when we have a chance down the field. Arkansas offense does look pretty bad against Ole Miss so far but I think most teams remaining will require us to do some real productive passing to win and it's hard to picture that based on the season so far.
I can't recall a single play all year where he was able to just stand back there and look around. Watched the GA qb do it 4-5 times in the first half alone. Brown came in and he had to scramble for his life twice too. Mertz has been our best player and napier along with oline been our worst players.

I can't recall a single play all year where he was able to just stand back there and look around. Watched the GA qb do it 4-5 times in the first half alone. Brown came in and he had to scramble for his life twice too. Mertz has been our best player and napier along with oline been our worst players.

On the Charlotte and KY tape there are times when most QBs would have released it with the WRs positioning down the field and it being in his vision and he played it safe for whatever reason and took the easy short stuff. I know the line is struggling but I have watched quite a few SEC games this year where the QB has hardly any time most passing plays and gets the ball down the field some still on more plays. Napiers offense is the main issue I think but you can't be too scared to risk something bad happening either.

Nice solid win. I’ll take it.

You never know what can happen. Miami lost on the last play of the game to a 2-4 team when they could have taken a knee.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT