ADVERTISEMENT

UT and Rick Barnes are perfect for each other...

Tennessee loses two starters in schofield and someone else.
If they lose a third starter in Williams they are done.
If Williams stays they will be good enough to look good but fall short in the SEC and max out with an early tourney loss.

The year they had everything in place to dominate, they did not win the SEC regular season. Did not win the SEC tournament. Did not advance to the Elite 8.
UnfinishedIdenticalGypsymoth-small.gif

they both are chokers in the NCAA tournament. Look at their NCAA tournament records.

Yup. I can see how it is a hell of a lot better to have a break even record in the SEC and get booted out of the tournament in the 1st round like you Aaron Hernandez U manage.

Keep on pretending.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
Is this the spin now? Making it to the second weekend of the ncaa is somehow a failure? How about this. FSU has beaten uf's ass 5 straight and is the better basketball program right now.
Hmm, true. But during this winning streak noles and gators tournament results are almost identical. But you guys were clearly better this year. Other than that the games were all very close. Enjoy it!

Yup. I can see how it is a hell of a lot better to have a break even record in the SEC and get booted out of the tournament in the 1st round like you Aaron Hernandez U manage.

Keep on pretending.
2nd round, but who's keeping track right? How was that one elite 8 appearance in your programs history?

Reactions: TennesseeGator

Keep on pretending.
Congrats on your great UT men’s basketball history. What’s that? 1 elite 8 in the entire programs history. Heck Mike White did that just a few years ago.

It’s fun watching you guys choke and then hire a choker coach.

Is this the spin now? Making it to the second weekend of the ncaa is somehow a failure? How about this. FSU has beaten uf's ass 5 straight and is the better basketball program right now.
When’s the last time you have gotten to the Elite 8. Even Mike White has got UF to the Elite 8 a few years ago.

When is the last time FSU got that far? Congrats on having a choker coach and a choker basketball program just like UT.

Reactions: gatordad3

Keep on pretending.
You mean like Mike White has been made it to the Elite 8 just a few years ago and UT only has 1 Elite 8 in their entire history. Even a UT homer has to admit that is pretty bad.

Look how many SEC programs have at least made it to the Final Four once and UT can’t even do that.

Even your previous cheating coach has gotten Auburn to the Elite 8. That must really hurt to see that.

Tennessee' Basketball Storied History
NCAA Tournament National Championships

NCAA Tournament National Title Game

NCAA Tournament Final Four

NCAA Tournament Elite Eight
NCAA Tournament Sweet Sixteen
1967, 1981, 2000, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2014, 2019
NCAA Tournament Round of 32
1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2014, 2018, 2019
NCAA Tournament appearances
1967, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1989, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2018, 2019

Tennessee only Elite 8 came in 2000, they lost to UNC who we beat in the Semi Final in Indianapolis.

Tennessee only Elite 8 came in 2000, they lost to UNC who we beat in the Semi Final in Indianapolis.
Hate to disagree, but in 2000 Tennessee lost to North Carolina in the Sweet 16. North Carolina beat Tulsa in the Elite 8. The Gators beat Duke in the Sweet 16, Oklahoma St. in the Elite 8 and North Carolina in the Final 4 before losing to Michigan St in the title game. In 2010, Tennessee beat Ohio St. in the Sweet 16, then lost by 1 point to Michigan St. in the Elite 8. Here's the links:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_NCAA_Division_I_Men's_Basketball_Tournament
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NCAA_Division_I_Men's_Basketball_Tournament

When’s the last time you have gotten to the Elite 8. Even Mike White has got UF to the Elite 8 a few years ago.

When is the last time FSU got that far? Congrats on having a choker coach and a choker basketball program just like UT.
Mike White took the Gators to the Elite 8 in only his 2nd season. It took Leonard something like 19 years to make it the Elite 8.

Hate to disagree, but in 2000 Tennessee lost to North Carolina in the Sweet 16. North Carolina beat Tulsa in the Elite 8. The Gators beat Duke in the Sweet 16, Oklahoma St. in the Elite 8 and North Carolina in the Final 4 before losing to Michigan St in the title game. In 2010, Tennessee beat Ohio St. in the Sweet 16, then lost by 1 point to Michigan St. in the Elite 8. Here's the links:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_NCAA_Division_I_Men's_Basketball_Tournament
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_NCAA_Division_I_Men's_Basketball_Tournament

That's right I was gonna say I could be wrong because I was going off of memory from top of head 20 years ago. I remember them losing to UNC for sure on like Texas court.. Forgot about Tulsa. I remember every second of our games in that entire tournament vividly to this day. Watched that Duke game in the car on the way down to Gainesville, and the Ok State game in a bar in Cedar Key. Remember Donnell Harvey dunk to put the icing on it to go to Final Four, was a great day.

Reactions: ocalaman

FSU made the elite 8 last year. Your program got lucky with a hall of fame coach that left because nobody cared, now you're stuck with "even Mike White."

Keep on pretending.
We've been to the Pinnacle...twice. UT hasn't.

We've had Bo Derek and Tyra Banks.

UT had one of it's best teams and an easy path...y'all went limp with a nude Jennifer Garner in the bed ready for the evening.

Limp....

Chokers...choked with everything lined up. A struggling UF...UK a little down compared. Y'all let Bruce Pearl bitch slap the taste out of your mouth. Y'all let Purdue crush your face with a hob nail boot.

I would expect more from Leonard Little DUI U.

Limpy!

FSU made the elite 8 last year. Your program got lucky with a hall of fame coach that left because nobody cared, now you're stuck with "even Mike White."
Yeah the guy we are “stuck” with made it to the Elite 8 much quicker than your current coach.

Yes we got lucky. That is the convenient excuse that a loser would make. But makes sense coming from a fan of a team that has virtually no basketball history.

But you’re just a Nole homer as we are all aware of. You still think Willie Taggart is a good coach.

Mike Martin was a choker too. Martin is similar to Regular Season Rick.

Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeGator
Your program got lucky with a hall of fame coach that left because nobody cared, now you're stuck with "even Mike White."

Lol. Florida doesn’t have to justify its NCAA tournament success to anybody. We had arguably one of the greatest teams in NCAA tournament history win two Natty’s and have been to so many elite 8’s and Final Fours over the past 25 years that it is almost routine and expected.

That being said, FSU certainly owns us in the regular season right now, so congrats on that.

Lol. Florida doesn’t have to justify its NCAA tournament success to anybody. We had arguably one of the greatest teams in NCAA tournament history win two Natty’s and have been to so many elite 8’s and Final Fours over the past 25 years that it is almost routine and expected.

That being said, FSU certainly owns us in the regular season right now, so congrats on that.
FSU has beaten us early in the season a lot lately. He's had more talent, more size and more length than us and still can do no better than 4th in the ACC and a Sweet 16 this year and 1 Elite 8 in his whole tenure. And that proves what I said earlier. Hamilton gets less with more than just about any coach out there.

Oooh! 2 Elite 8 appearances in the past 27 years, same with your Sweet 16 appearances. Leonard Hamilton spent 20 years at FSU with only 8-9 NCAA appearances.

FSU has a slightly better basketball history than Tennessee as far as the NCAA tournament goes, but not much. Their best team by far was in 1972.
NCAA Tournament runner-up
NCAA Tournament Final Four
NCAA Tournament Elite Eight
1972, 1993, 2018
NCAA Tournament Sweet Sixteen
1972, 1992, 1993, 2011, 2018, 2019
NCAA Tournament Round of 32
1972, 1980, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2011, 2012, 2017, 2018, 2019
NCAA Tournament appearances
1968, 1972, 1978, 1980, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1998, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2017, 2018, 2019
Conference tournament champions
1955, 1991, 2012
Conference regular season champions
1951, 1955, 1978, 1989

Reactions: PacoGator19
Leonard Hamilton, on the other hand, has not been as successful as Regular Season Rick. He had a losing record in 4 years at Oklahoma St., a losing record in 9 years at Miami and in 17 seasons at FSU has an overall winning percentage of .621 at FSU, .565 overall, with 0 conference titles at FSU (except for winning the ACC tournament in 2012) , 7 NCAA tournament appearances, losing in the 1st round twice, the second round twice, the Sweet 16 twice and the Elite 8 once. In 30 years, he has won 1 regular season conference title - The Big East with Miami in 2000. A poor man's version of Rick Barnes, IMO.

Last edited:
Mike Whit
Leonard Hamilton, on the other hand, has not been as successful as Regular Season Rick. He had a losing record in 4 years at Oklahoma St., a losing record in 9 years at Miami and in 17 seasons at FSU has an overall winning percentage of .621 at FSU, .565 overall, with 0 conference titles at FSU (except for winning the ACC tournament in 2012) , 7 NCAA tournament appearances, losing in the 1st round twice, the second round twice, the Sweet 16 twice and the Elite 8 once. In 30 years, he has won 1 regular season conference title - The Big East with Miami in 2000. A poor man's version of Rick Barnes, IMO.
Rick Barnes and Ham are good coaches. Both have had success at football schools. Ask Texas if Shaka Smart is an upgrade. Ham built the program up to regular tournament appearances from the smoldering abyss that was the Steve Robinson era. Before Ham FSU was in the conference cellar, now they are regularly in the top 4. We have teams you've maybe heard of in our conference like Duke, UNC, Louisville, Syracuse etc.

Oooh! 2 Elite 8 appearances in the past 27 years, same with your Sweet 16 appearances. Leonard Hamilton spent 20 years at FSU with only 8-9 NCAA appearances.
Lol now he's been there 20 years. You guys add an extra year with every post.

So you think deep tournament runs are routine and expected? At Florida? Lol that delusional. Only Kentucky, Duke or UNC fans actually think that way.

"and even Mike White..." --- WTF??? :rolleyes:

1st Year, takes over a 16-17 team, gets 20+ wins and an NIT 1/4 Final.
2nd Year, Elite-8 and SEC CoY (previous WAC & C-USA CoY awards)
3rd Year, without rsSr C Egbunu, Rnd of 32.
4th Year, without rsJr C Gak & minus 2 PF's, Rnd of 32.
All 4 season with 20+ wins.

And just watch what happens in 2019-20.
PG Nembhard So ***** - #2 UF All Time in Fr Assists.
SG Locke So **** - #1 UF All Time in Fr made 3's
SF/PF K.Johnson So **** - Led team in Rbs/Gm as a 6-5 true Fr.
-----
SF/CG Scottie Lewis 6-6 185 ***** (13/50)
PG Tre Mann 6-4 175 ***** - (24/50)
C/PF Omar Payne 6-10 225 **** (47/50)
C Jason Jitoboh 6-11 270 *** -- (255/300)
SG Alex Kiatsky 6-3 170 ** (43% 3-Pts) - P-WO)

Returning upperclassmen:
C Gorjak Gak 6-11 254 rsSr
C/PF Dontay Bassett 6-9 237 rsJr
PF/C Isaiah Stokes 6-8 255 rsSo

~ With 3 more open ships to fill by Summer-B.

I wouldn't trade coach White for Ham-Barns combined...:cool:

So you think deep tournament runs are routine and expected? At Florida? Lol that delusional. Only Kentucky, Duke or UNC fans actually think that way.
In the last 25 years? Absolutely. 5 final fours, 9 elite 8's? You tell me, does that not qualify? I believe we have the 7th most tourney wins in the last 25 years and 6th most final 4s.

Lol now he's been there 20 years. You guys add an extra year with every post.
18, 19, 20, with less than 10 NCAA appearances, what's the difference, and what has he won? An ACC Championship that resulted in an early exit from the NCAA tournament. So you were one of many on whorechant who believed being conference champions was a far better accomplishment than making it deep into the tourney? I remember that lame ass conversation as well as a stupid discussion back in 2012.
I'm sure the 2008 Georgia hoops team would have preferred a deeper run in the tourney rather than a conference title with an early NCAA exit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT