ADVERTISEMENT

Trump says abortion should be decided by states 'will of the people'

We have lots of things done on a federal basis. The states only govern certain things. We are one country, not 50.

What is the logic.....what is the reasoning behind why it is better to have 50 different laws on abortion instead of one overall rule?
I guess for the same reason that we have 50 different laws for the death penalty. I guess to let citizens actually vote on these matters.

• Love
Reactions: instaGATOR
Ya, that's probably a valid technical argument, but doesn't really answer what I am trying to get at.

Why is it better to have 50 different laws for this? Again, what is the logic?
Because one law fits all is bad practice. What works for California does not fly in Texas. States rights is in the bill of rights.

We have lots of things done on a federal basis. The states only govern certain things. We are one country, not 50.

What is the logic.....what is the reasoning behind why it is better to have 50 different laws on abortion instead of one overall rule?
Can't underestimate stating the obvious for ignorant folks like yourself I suppose. We are a nation with a Constitution comprised of 50 states. Read up on how that operates to find the logic and reasoning you so seek.

I truly understand states rights but at some point we need more federal laws. Like I'll never understand why we have 50 different election laws. Why we 50 different driving laws? Etc. It's just stupid.

Same drugs they did for the state of the union address. Everything has to be spelled out and spoon fed to you guys.
What drug is that? I come from a science background. So I'm curious to know what drug you think you can give someone that makes dementia go away.

That is the key question. He in turn needs to tell evangelicals: “I set the Supreme Court to over turn Roe, now it is YOUR job to align by state on what makes sense.”
But they are already calling for a national ban. They want every state to align with same number of weeks.

This is a very libertarian view of things and if you pay attention, it's the way the Trump governed last time. Not authoritarian or dictator. he's a libertarian at his core, which is good with me ...
That's why I like Trump. He was Democrat most of his life, then switched to Republican. Not because of party politics, but because he just wanted to win and make the country better. He's a no nonsense, populist, libertarian with policies and care that helps the country and the average American. He wasn't a career politician, which is why all of us politician haters, both parties, like him.

So what's the practical effect of that with regard to abortion?
I just told you. If the people in California want abortions to be legal til the head presents they can do that. And if Texas doesn't want abortions at all, they can do that.

Telling someone they can't travel from Texas to California for the purposes of abortion is unconstitutional. Freedom of movement is in the constitution.

Since abortion isn't, that's why states get dibs. On everything else.

That's why lane splitting is legal in Ca but illegal here in Florida.

Thanks for admitting you can't explain it.
You need the Constitution and the 50 states explained to you? Is that like rocket science for you to understand? KISS method: one Constitition that governs the land and 50 states that govern themselves united under the Constitution with their own states' rights.

What drug is that? I come from a science background. So I'm curious to know what drug you think you can give someone that makes dementia go away.
Donzepil, Galantamine, and Rivastigmine. The first two temporarily clear amyloid plaque using monoclonal antibodies. and the third is a cholinesterase inhibitor which stops the breakdown of the messenger chemical acetylcholine.

I just told you. If the people in California want abortions to be legal til the head presents they can do that. And if Texas doesn't want abortions at all, they can do that.

Telling someone they can't travel from Texas to California for the purposes of abortion is unconstitutional. Freedom of movement is in the constitution.

Since abortion isn't, that's why states get dibs. On everything else.

That's why lane splitting is legal in Ca but illegal here in Florida.
So the practical implication is that people who live in Texas just drive to other states to have their abortions, correct?

You can't drive to California to lane split in Florida.

Donzepil, Galantamine, and Rivastigmine. The first two temporarily clear amiloidal plaque using monoclonal antibodies. and the third is a cholinesterase inhibitor which stops the breakdown of the messenger chemical acetylcholine.
Joking Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

Haha, CCP-pee pants Joey is deploying Feds to your general vicinity now.

So the practical implication is that people who live in Texas just drive to other states to have their abortions, correct?

You can't drive to California to lane split in Florida.
Yes. I'm pretty sure either Texas or Louisiana have a provision in their law that criminalized travelling to another state and I'm of the opinion that's unconstitutional because a citizen has a right to travel and Texas has no jurisdiction in California. Further, they're not travelling to another state for the purposes of evading federal law.

That's why I can open carry in Texas but not Florida.

Donzepil, Galantamine, and Rivastigmine. The first two temporarily clear amyloid plaque using monoclonal antibodies. and the third is a cholinesterase inhibitor which stops the breakdown of the messenger chemical acetylcholine.
They don't make you look like Biden did at the SOTU. Not even close.

"I come from a science background." Haha, what a schlep. Oh, so now you conveniently admit he has dementia, haha. Don't take it me from me brochacho, just "trust the science", haha.
No I'm not saying that he has dementia. I'm saying that you guys say that he has it but they can make it go away when he gives major speeches or debates only? How convenient, right?

They don't make you look like Biden did at the SOTU. Not even close.
You're a doctor now too? You dose someone with all three a month in advance you can get thru a speech off a teleprompter.

I don't know what you saw that night but I saw Grandpa Simpson yelling at the sky.

• Haha
Reactions: greyghost14
Yes. I'm pretty sure either Texas or Louisiana have a provision in their law that criminalized travelling to another state and I'm of the opinion that's unconstitutional because a citizen has a right to travel and Texas has no jurisdiction in California. Further, they're not travelling to another state for the purposes of evading federal law.

So does it make sense in the end to have an abortion ban in Texas that doesn't stop abortions?

Is it enough to make folks feel better that its not happening in their state?

Open carry of firearms in Florida is illegal in public places, and you cannot open carry your gun even if you have a permit, except if you are a law officer or a member of the military.

However, you can open carry for activities like hunting, camping, fishing, range shooting, live fire, shooting competitions, etc.

And I'd rather carry concealed anyway. Don't want the bad guys to know, so they never know who might shoot them if necessary under Free Florida's Castle & Stand Your Ground laws.
=====

It expresses the principle known as states' rights, by stating that the federal government has only those powers delegated to it by the Constitution, and that all other powers not forbidden to the states by the Constitution are reserved to each state, or to the people.

This is the united States of America under the Constitution, not the United States.....

I live in the Free Republic of Florida, not in the United States! And thank God for that!

This (well the above post) is what I have been saying for years: abortion is a loser issue for Republicans that is mostly used by liberals and that sways otherwise right leaning independents to vote left.

If AOC wants to abort AOC jr, then let her. Done losing elections over issues that disproportionately are wanted by the other side and only reduce government spending.

Trump got it exactly right here. Him pushing national ban would have been a disaster.
Yeah this is t racist at all!!

Theoretically, I would pass a 20 week minimum at the federal and then the states can determine additional weeks and funding.

With that said, it’s at the states and would pass (or has passed) in likely 60 percent of them.
It will be legal in every state. The whiny Bible thumping idiots don’t make up enough of a majority in any state, even Alabama or miss.

Open carry of firearms in Florida is illegal in public places, and you cannot open carry your gun even if you have a permit, except if you are a law officer or a member of the military.

However, you can open carry for activities like hunting, camping, fishing, range shooting, live fire, shooting competitions, etc.

And I'd rather carry concealed anyway. Don't want the bad guys to know, so they never know who might shoot them if necessary under Free Florida's Castle & Stand Your Ground laws.
=====

It expresses the principle known as states' rights, by stating that the federal government has only those powers delegated to it by the Constitution, and that all other powers not forbidden to the states by the Constitution are reserved to each state, or to the people.

This is the united States of America under the Constitution, not the United States.....

I live in the Free Republic of Florida, not in the United States! And thank God for that!
Why do you pay the IRS then?

Nevada has some of the most free liberty rights of any state, which are the base principles I like and how the country was constructed to begin with.
Why do you think I own a home there, it’s hard dragging my bits around in other states.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT