ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Tebow

Scalp'em Nole

Bull Gator
Dec 21, 2001
I was at a Chris Tomlin concert last night which is a huge Christian artist and they had a small segment during the concert how Tebow joined up with CURE International and opened the Tebow CURE Hospital in the Philppines to give reconstruction surgeries to the deformed children of 3rd world countries. These kids were thrown to the streets as outkasts because of their disabilities. It is amazing to see the before and after results. I was taken back by all of this. Give props to anyone who tries to make a difference in this world to help the ones in need.

IMO it is criminal that this guy can't get a job in the NFL. Your telling me their are approximately 90 QBs in the NFL better than Tebow? I don't buy it one bit. I don't believe that he couldn't be a 2nd or even 3rd stringer somewhere. I know why he's not on a team due to the media frenzy it would create but don't you think the NFL needs some good publicity and some good things to happen rather than that constant negative pub that keeps on coming up in the NFL. Tebow already makes tons of great things happen due to all the things he does but wouldn't it be nice if he had the NFL to use as a platform to help people out even more. Just mind boggling to me.

It makes zero sense that he's not in the nfl, and I feel bad for him because he's such a competitor and it must kill him not to be able to play football for zero good reason. But at least he's using the time he has to do something positive. Keep up the good work Tebow!

tebow-cure-busy-street.jpg

To be honest Tebow is so humble I don't think he really cares if he is playing in the NFL or not. He has a plan for Tebow.

Originally posted by bradleygator:
It makes zero sense that he's not in the nfl, and I feel bad for him because he's such a competitor and it must kill him not to be able to play football for zero good reason. But at least he's using the time he has to do something positive. Keep up the good work Tebow!
I don't know why he would care at this point honestly, he's seen it or himself what it's really all about. Let's be honest, it's more acceptable to be gay than a Christian in this society now. In fact they pop champagne for you and give you parades for admitting you like sticks.. but a Christian, is just simply a massive distraction.

I think Tebow has moved on. If he really wanted to play, I think he would do Canada or something to keep himself ready. He's had 3 chances (not all great chances)...maybe it's just not his destiny.

We were very lucky to have him. It was an amazing run! His last game in the Swamp with all the flashes going off was a very memorable experience.

This post was edited on 2/27 1:33 PM by GatorTheo

Did anyone capture any FSU fans still left in the stadium during those flashes? It's hilarious how many more fans they have brought the last two trips in the Swamp after that.

Originally posted by 46885:
Did anyone capture any FSU fans still left in the stadium during those flashes? It's hilarious how many more fans they have brought the last two trips in the Swamp after that.
Had they won, there would be 110,000 of them claiming to be there.
smile.r191677.gif

I'd be pretty torqued if I were him. You come off one of the great college football careers of all time, get drafted in the first round, take a bad team to the playoffs, win a playoff game and then two seasons later you're out of the league? And he's about as competitive a person as you will find.

I think he made some bad career decisions, if he wanted an NFL career, starting with going to the Jets. After that, I would have advised him to go anywhere he could play, including the CFL and even the arena league. I think he and his agent thought he was a little above that and may have emphasized short term marketability over giving him the best chance to play long-term. Whatever he ends up doing with his life, he will obviously be successful and make a very positive impact. But as a football fan, and a Tebow fan, I think it's too bad I can't watch him play anymore. His run with Denver was the last time I was really interested in the NFL. I grew up in Denver, obviously a huge Broncos and Elway fan, but the way they treated him pretty well put an end to that.

The majority of people are actually under the impression that he's just an amazingly awful QB, that's just how much they got tired of hearing about him in college.. But all these Bradfords, Gabberts(couldn't even remember his name), RG3's etc... get years and years to be PATHETIC and it's just normal for them to have growing pains. Tebow never even had a season to be bad or ever really was but....... BUSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

The majority of people are actually under the impression that he's just an amazingly awful QB, that's just how much they got tired of hearing about him in college.. But all these Bradfords, Gabberts(couldn't even remember his name), RG3's etc... get years and years to be PATHETIC and it's just normal for them to have growing pains. Tebow never even had a season to be bad or ever really was but....... BUSTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Hate to bust your bubble, but Tebow was just not talented enough to be an NFL QB. Tebow has about 90% of the talent to be an NFL QB.

If he was capable of being a good NFL QB he would still be in the league, Hell Rex Grossman is still hanging around and he has negligible skills.

Originally posted by BusTV:

Hate to bust your bubble, but Tebow was just not talented enough to be an NFL QB. Tebow has about 90% of the talent to be an NFL QB.

If he was capable of being a good NFL QB he would still be in the league, Hell Rex Grossman is still hanging around and he has negligible skills.
Too bad, you didn't even last 15 min here, hahaha!

Bradford can play at the NFL level, it is just a matter of staying healthy for him. Gabbert has been a bust, but he has been in the league now 4 years, only 1 more year Tebow, and I doubt he will be around much longer. And RGIII can also play, with him it is an attitude adjustment. I think your comparisons are off a bit, especially the "years and years" comment, since none of them have been in the league much longer than Tebow was in the league. And of the 3, Gabbert is the only one with questionable NFL skills, but he has only been in the league for 1 more year than Tebow, and has had injury issues.

How many years have those guys been the starters? None of them were just shoved aside

and you must be kidding if you think RG3's only issue is his attitude.. His footwork is absolutely ATROCIOUS and so is just about everything else with his passing mechanics. When the former HOF QB's are saying you need to "start over" on how you approach the game and with being trained how to play the game, you have a serious issue. Rg3 is average on his best day in the NFL, Cousins was better than him from day one and now everyone knows it. Good thing Cousins doesn't believe in God too much

How many years have those guys been the starters? None of them were just shoved aside

and you must be kidding if you think RG3's only issue is his attitude.. His footwork is absolutely ATROCIOUS and so is just about everything else with his passing mechanics. When the former HOF QB's are saying you need to "start over" on how you approach the game and with being trained how to play the game, you have a serious issue. Rg3 is average on his best day in the NFL, Cousins was better than him from day one and now everyone knows it. Good thing Cousins doesn't believe in God too much
Gabbert has 27 starts, so not even 2 full seasons worth. I think you can he was pushed aside to a degree. RGIII was benched this year, which is his 3rd season, so who knows when/if he will be a starter again. Bradford has always been the starter when healthy, he is at least a solid player. And sorry, but RGII has completed over 60% of his passes every season, and his rookie year has a QB rating over 100 and ran for over 800 yards. When healthy and when he isnt full of himself, Griffin can certainly be a quality NFL QB. As much as I wanted Tebow to succeed too, you can't possibly argue he showed anywhere near the potential of Bradford or Griffin. Gabbert sure, but Gabbert was benched and shown the door in Jacksonville pretty quickly.

And Cousins had his chance this year, and was benched for Colt McCoy. People thought Cousins was better based on limited playing time. When given the opportunity to start, he fell flat on his face, so not sure why you are trying to praise him.

This post was edited on 2/27 8:19 PM by Cubs79

This post was edited on 2/27 8:20 PM by Cubs79

The challenge with Tebow was never that he lacked talent. It's that the traits that help him play exceedingly well in the dual-threat, wildcat style college offenses don't work as well in the NFL. Everyone is so much more specialized at that level. It's nearly impossible to be both an elite passer AND an elite runner at the NFL level. In college, he was great at both. In the NFL, he was merely OK-to-good at both. And that's not what NFL coaches are looking for. NFL coaches just want a guy who reads defenses quickly and throws accurately from the pocket.

Regarding his religion being a distraction -- there's no way that this is an issue. The NFL is filled with guys who publicly thank God and/or Jesus after every win. If NFL coaches thought they could win with Tebow, they would play him.

Originally posted by Uniformed_ReRe:
The challenge with Tebow was never that he lacked talent. It's that the traits that help him play exceedingly well in the dual-threat, wildcat style college offenses don't work as well in the NFL. Everyone is so much more specialized at that level. It's nearly impossible to be both an elite passer AND an elite runner at the NFL level. In college, he was great at both. In the NFL, he was merely OK-to-good at both. And that's not what NFL coaches are looking for. NFL coaches just want a guy who reads defenses quickly and throws accurately from the pocket.

Regarding his religion being a distraction -- there's no way that this is an issue. The NFL is filled with guys who publicly thank God and/or Jesus after every win. If NFL coaches thought they could win with Tebow, they would play him.
He wasn't an OK passer in the NFL, he just wasnt. He was an Ok runner, but even his running style was more of a power runner. He isn't that fast of a runner. Wilson, Vick, Kaepernick, even Vince Young and RGIII, are faster runners than Tebow, which is better suited for a scrambling QB in the NFL.

And you are correct about the Religion part. Kurt Warner was every bit as vocal about his religion as Tebow and is likely going to be in the HOF someday soon. And a previous poster who said something about Kirk Cousin's faith, apparently doesnt realize that Cousin's was also raised by ministers and is a very religious guy.

Tebow is the man but he's not a #1 guy for long for most systems in the NFL right now. Problem is your back up QB can't be the star of the team. Imo...he could start but nobody cares about what I think. Either way that guy is a 'fall of famer' in my book. I love him and not just because he's a Gator Great...straight up great guy. Not many people can have all the fame and love that he gets and stays as grounded as he does. That guy is special and we are all better for knowing him.

Originally posted by GatorNation79:
Tebow is the man but he's not a #1 guy for long for most systems in the NFL right now. Problem is your back up QB can't be the star of the team. Imo...he could start but nobody cares about what I think. Either way that guy is a 'fall of famer' in my book. I love him and not just because he's a Gator Great...straight up great guy. Not many people can have all the fame and love that he gets and stays as grounded as he does. That guy is special and we are all better for knowing him.
He is a great guy and I think a lot of people who arent even Gator fans were cheering for him. ANd he was a great college player, one of the best ever IMO. But, his game just does not translate to the NFL. If he were willing to change positions then maybe he would still be in the league, but he was never going to be a quality NFL QB.

Originally posted by Cubs79:

Gabbert has 27 starts, so not even 2 full seasons worth. I think you can he was pushed aside to a degree. RGIII was benched this year, which is his 3rd season, so who knows when/if he will be a starter again. Bradford has always been the starter when healthy, he is at least a solid player. And sorry, but RGII has completed over 60% of his passes every season, and his rookie year has a QB rating over 100 and ran for over 800 yards. When healthy and when he isnt full of himself, Griffin can certainly be a quality NFL QB. As much as I wanted Tebow to succeed too, you can't possibly argue he showed anywhere near the potential of Bradford or Griffin. Gabbert sure, but Gabbert was benched and shown the door in Jacksonville pretty quickly.

And Cousins had his chance this year, and was benched for Colt McCoy. People thought Cousins was better based on limited playing time. When given the opportunity to start, he fell flat on his face, so not sure why you are trying to praise him.

completion % is not something I take into account if I know a guy is dinking around like Tom Brady, that stat can be very misleading in football, especially because Urban Meyers QB's are probably up there in that stat with WVU type teams yearly.. Griffin plays too much like Vick and I knew he would stay hurt. I knew you would think I was praising cousins too, I don't think he's worth a damn either.. it's not hard to be better than Rg3 in that offense. RGknee has no room to improve in my eyes and many others, he's topped out and already a glass body.. and I loved watching him play in college and It sounds like I dislike him but Im just being honest about what Im seeing while watching him every year. Maybe another offense would work for him

How would we know what potential Tebow really showed in his limited time? Hell they traded away his #1 target but all he did was win games. He never played long enough for anyone to know if he was good, decent or a bust. Most first round picks get the chance to prove it somewhere, he never did and I am certain no one figured out these things from PRACTICE alone.. Espeically when they KNOW and have been PROVEN he is a gamer when the lights come on. There aren't a lot of guys like his breed anymore.

completion % is not something I take into account if I know a guy is dinking around like Tom Brady, that stat can be very misleading in football, especially because Urban Meyers QB's are probably up there in that stat with WVU type teams yearly.. Griffin plays too much like Vick and I knew he would stay hurt. I knew you would think I was praising cousins too, I don't think he's worth a damn either.. it's not hard to be better than Rg3 in that offense. RGknee has no room to improve in my eyes and many others, he's topped out and already a glass body.. and I loved watching him play in college and It sounds like I dislike him but Im just being honest about what Im seeing while watching him every year. Maybe another offense would work for him

How would we know what potential Tebow really showed in his limited time? Hell they traded away his #1 target but all he did was win games. He never played long enough for anyone to know if he was good, decent or a bust. Most first round picks get the chance to prove it somewhere, he never did and I am certain no one figured out these things from PRACTICE alone.. Espeically when they KNOW and have been PROVEN he is a gamer when the lights come on. There aren't a lot of guys like his breed anymore.
Well Cousins wasnt better than RGIII, whether you were praising him or not, Cousins did nothing when he replaced RGIII other than get benched for Colt McCoy.

And completion % might not be everything, but it certainly is something. As fun as the 2011 season in Denver was to watch, keep in mind, that Denver team backed into the playoffs losing their last 3 games. IN that stretch, Tebow completed 30 passes, including only 6 against KC the final game of the year. I am sorry, but completing an average of 10 passes a game in situations where you need those wins (they got in the playoffs because SD lost their last game), that isnt good. He also had a 5 game stretch where he only completed 40 passes. YOu cannot have prolonged stretches where you can't even complete double digit passes, and expect to be an NFL QB.

And you keep saying he wasnt given a chance. He played for the Jets, who would have loved nothing more than for him to over take Sanchez for the job, he simply wasnt good enough to do it. He was also with NE for training camp. No one thought he would unseat Brady as the starter, but if there is one coach in the league who could have found some way to use him, it was Bellichick. But he wasnt able to make the team.

That's not correct that the Jets wanted him to win the job. The owner wanted him for publicity but the coach, ryan, liked Sanchez and was dismissive of tebow. When tebow was in denver, ryan dismissed his game as "college stuff." That was before tebow beat his ass on monday night by beating his blitz and running for the winning touchdown, which was pretty good for an apparently mediocre runner. I sat in mile high stadium and watched him throw for 300 yards in his first game as a starter and run in the winning touchdown against houston. He threw for 300 in his last game as a starter in Denver as well to beat pittsburgh in the playoffs. How many playoff wins do rgIII and Bradford have?

Tebow never got a chance in the nfl. As numbers noted, the Broncos were actively trying to prevent him from making the playoffs. They traded away his best receiver and inexplicably waived Orton to the Chiefs who needed a qb and who were competing with the Broncos for the division title. Orton is still in the league by the way. Orton had the broncos at 2-4 before tebow took the same team to the playoffs.

Anyone who says they know tebow can't play in the nfl is speculating without basis, but I can see by this cubs moron's posts that that is standard issue for him.

Originally posted by bradleygator:
That's not correct that the Jets wanted him to win the job. The owner wanted him for publicity but the coach, ryan, liked Sanchez and was dismissive of tebow. When tebow was in denver, ryan dismissed his game as "college stuff." That was before tebow beat his ass on monday night by beating his blitz and running for the winning touchdown, which was pretty good for an apparently mediocre runner. I sat in mile high stadium and watched him throw for 300 yards in his first game as a starter and run in the winning touchdown against houston. He threw for 300 in his last game as a starter in Denver as well to beat pittsburgh in the playoffs. How many playoff wins do rgIII and Bradford have?

Tebow never got a chance in the nfl. As numbers noted, the Broncos were actively trying to prevent him from making the playoffs. They traded away his best receiver and inexplicably waived Orton to the Chiefs who needed a qb and who were competing with the Broncos for the division title. Orton is still in the league by the way. Orton had the broncos at 2-4 before tebow took the same team to the playoffs.

Anyone who says they know tebow can't play in the nfl is speculating without basis, but I can see by this cubs moron's posts that that is standard issue for him.
You are wrong. Ryan is an egomaniac, and he brought Tebow in after the Giants won the SB to steal the spot light off the Giants. Tebow, in reality, is a perfect Rex Ryan QB. Ryan is a ground and pound offensive guy, and a defensive coach, he wasnt looking for a 4500 yrds 40 tds passer. He would have loved nothing more than to have his QB be the spotlight of NYC, working his system, and by that time they realized Sanchez wasnt their guy. And it is great you saw Tebow throw for 300 yards, but he only did it twice in his career and the 2nd time was in a 45-10 loss. in the playoffs (he only threw for more than 200 yards 4 times). Honestly, I am a Gator fan, but I am not delusional. If you honestly watched Tebow and thought he was good, you know nothing about the NFL. After being with 3 teams, and saying he wasnt given a chance, you are simply wrong. If he was willing to switch positions he possibly could have been a TE or LB, but he was not going to be an NFL QB.

Can somebody give me a decent answer why Tebow is out of the NFL? IF he was good, do you honestly think he wouldnt be on a team somewhere? And if you go to the religion thing, then explain Kurt Warner, who was every bit as outspoken with his faith, and who had a wife who would call into local radio shows and get into arguments with hosts regarding her husband, had a HOF career. Every thing I hear you guys saying is, "he wasnt given a chance". He was with 3 teams. How is that not given a chance?

I wanted him to succeed at that level, he is one of the top 5 college QBs ever IMO, but if you watched him in the NFL, he wasnt cut out for it. And any argument against that, is honestly just naive.

And look, when Bellichick cut him, you knew he wasnt an NFL player. With Tebow's skillset, if Bellichick could have used him in any form, he would have. But saying he wasnt given a chance when he was with 3 teams, and arguably the most intelligent football mind ever cut him in his last go around, it should kind of tell you something.
This post was edited on 2/28 4:29 AM by Cubs79

Do you honestly, really think that Kurt Warners situation as bag boy at the kroger is compared to possibly and arguably the most decorated college football player ever because of the new era and media? Tebow has been called Jesus as a joke for years, it's nowhere near the same situation. You wanna see something hilarious about where this nation is headed and is pretty much there? Take a look at this:

10390974_10101096551459086_6913170009717714231_n.jpg

This only illustrates my first post in this thread. Im sure there is a "you are so brave" response for anyone typing that they are gay.

and if you think this isn't a real thing, try it for yourself. It's pathetic where this world is going and basically where it already is for good.

I know this thread got a little sidetracked. I just wanted to witness to some on how a good human being is doing what he can do to the less fortunate. Uplifting, Inspirational and with good purpose. I wasn't expectin Chris Tomlin to be wearing a gator uniform who was trying to tackle Tebow or Tebow trying to sing a Chris Tomlin song lol. Wasn't sure where it was leading until they got further into the message on CURE International. It creates awareness to make better humans in us all. Glad I saw it.

Live A Life That Matters Ready or not, someday it will all come to an end. There will be no more sunrises, no minutes, hours, or days. All the things you collected, whether treasured or forgotten, will pass to someone else. Your wealth, fame, and temporal power will shrivel to irrelevance. It will not matter what you owned or what you were owed. Your grudges, resentments, frustrations, and jealousies will finally disappear. So, too, your hopes, ambitions, plans, and to-do lists will expire. The wins and losses that once seemed so important will fade away. It won't matter where you came from, or on what side of the tracks you lived, at the end. It won't matter whether you were beautiful or brilliant Even your gender and skin color will be irrelevant. So what will matter? How will the value of your days be measured? What will matter is not what you bought, but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave. What will matter is not your success, but your significance. What will matter is not what you learned, but what you taught. What will matter is every act of integrity, compassion, courage or sacrifice that enriched, empowered or encouraged others to emulate your example. What will matter is not your competence, but your character. What will matter is not how many people you knew, but how many will feel a lasting loss when you're gone. What will matter is not your memories, but the memories that live in those who loved you. What will matter is how long you will be remembered, by whom and for what. Living a life that matters doesn't happen by accident. It's not a matter of circumstance but of choice. Choose to live a life that matters.

but Gabbert was benched and shown the door in Jacksonville pretty quickly.
LOL please, he needed to be shown the door exactly when he was, if not sooner. He's terrible and it was obvious.

Do you honestly, really think that Kurt Warners situation as bag boy at the kroger is compared to possibly and arguably the most decorated college football player ever because of the new era and media? Tebow has been called Jesus as a joke for years, it's nowhere near the same situation. You wanna see something hilarious about where this nation is headed and is pretty much there? Take a look at this:

10390974_10101096551459086_6913170009717714231_n.jpg

This only illustrates my first post in this thread. Im sure there is a "you are so brave" response for anyone typing that they are gay.

and if you think this isn't a real thing, try it for yourself. It's pathetic where this world is going and basically where it already is for good.
Jameis Winston was frequently called "Jameis Christ." He was also accused of rape and has various other off-field incidents, and he's still probably going #1.

If the NFL thinks that they can win with a guy, he can do anything short of being convicted of a felony or swear allegiance to Al Qaeda, and they will play him.

He wasn't an OK passer in the NFL, he just wasnt. He was an Ok runner, but even his running style was more of a power runner. He isn't that fast of a runner. Wilson, Vick, Kaepernick, even Vince Young and RGIII, are faster runners than Tebow, which is better suited for a scrambling QB in the NFL.

And you are correct about the Religion part. Kurt Warner was every bit as vocal about his religion as Tebow and is likely going to be in the HOF someday soon. And a previous poster who said something about Kirk Cousin's faith, apparently doesnt realize that Cousin's was also raised by ministers and is a very religious guy.
You're being willfully obtuse. Neither Cousins nor Warner had the fan following Tebow has/had. Numerous coaches and GM's have called him a 'distraction' because of it, which is totally unfair to Tebow. They saw how fans in Denver rallied behind Tebow even while he was on the bench and they know the same would happen if they brought Tebow to their team, even as a backup. As soon as their starter struggled everybody would be calling for Tebow.

As to the rest, you guys can keep tap-dancing around around it but no young QB in recent memory has gotten the treatment that Tebow has gotten. And I say that as somebody who thinks he was at best 'average' in the NFL. Bottom line is he took over a team that was 1-4, led them to the playoffs, AND torched the NFL's #1 ranked defense at the time and his reward for it was never seeing another start in the NFL. And that was his first season as a starter. Every other 1st round QB in recent memory has gotten 3 seasons minimum to take their lumps and try to prove they're the future franchise QB, Tebow got 11 games. How you people think you can make enough of a judgement to call him not good or a failure on that small sample size is beyond me. Bottomline is nobody knows if Tebow could have been good or if he was horrific, he was never given a chance to prove either. Meanwhile bum QB's like Charlie Batch hang around for a decade as a backup getting spot starts, I'm sure Tebow couldn't be a backup over guys like that
rolleyes.r191677.gif

By the way, what app is that image from?
instagram
Thanks.

I found this image being discussed on Snopes:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/jesusinstagram.asp

tl;dr, Jesus isn't banned from Instagram; it's a misunderstanding.

Also, I think the backlash against Tim Tebow occurred for the same reason that there is a backlash against basically anyone who becomes too popular. Tebow has a bit of a "golden boy" persona. A lot of people -- especially people in the media, who tend to be deeply cynical -- react viciously when presented with someone like Tebow. Being sincere, optimistic and well-meaning engenders hostility in those who believe such things don't really exist, and therefore must be a facade.

Originally posted by PacoGator19:
IMO it is criminal that this guy can't get a job in the NFL. Your telling me their are approximately 90 QBs in the NFL better than Tebow? I don't buy it one bit. I don't believe that he couldn't be a 2nd or even 3rd stringer somewhere. I know why he's not on a team due to the media frenzy it would create but don't you think the NFL needs some good publicity and some good things to happen rather than that constant negative pub that keeps on coming up in the NFL. Tebow already makes tons of great things happen due to all the things he does but wouldn't it be nice if he had the NFL to use as a platform to help people out even more. Just mind boggling to me.
No way from a football sense should he be out of the league.who doesn't want a backup QB who could be a backup on Special Teams too.

Tim Tebow was banished from the league for one reason, his love for Jesus Christ! He was a threat to a media that was horrified by his genuine faith period! Players on opposing teams, and the liberal media were throwing verbal stones about Tim for his "Tebowing" after a score. The man had previously beaten the #1 defense in the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs, traded for Manning and thrown to the lions. Karma's a bitch isn't Elway! Go Jesus, Go Tebow

Originally posted by gatorRAD:
Tim Tebow was banished from the league for one reason, his love for Jesus Christ! He was a threat to a media that was horrified by his genuine faith period! Players on opposing teams, and the liberal media were throwing verbal stones about Tim for his "Tebowing" after a score. The man had previously beaten the #1 defense in the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs, traded for Manning and thrown to the lions. Karma's a bitch isn't Elway! Go Jesus, Go Tebow
Reggie White became an ordained minister at the age of 17 & was "extremely" vocal about his beliefs his entire NFL career.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT