ADVERTISEMENT

Tim Tebow

No, I agree a lot of it was way too conservative playcalling. Fox was too conservative with him, which made no sense, since they were basically throwing the season away at the point they brought him in. In the bears game, he didn't throw at all until the fourth quarter when the game looked out of reach, and then I think he threw for 200 yards in the fourth quarter and overtime.

Tim needed time to develop into a starting NFL QB, and I think the reason he wasn't given that time is that management was unwilling to deal with the intense outside pressure the kid brought with him...it wasn't his fault, but it was still a problem. And if he gives the game another try, he'll probably still have this issue to deal with...the article talking about a possible comeback used "polarizing" to describe him. The media feeds on controversy and isn't above manufacturing some if it will bring a few more clicks.

And it's too bad because Tim's a great kid and a born football player. If I owned an NFL team, I'd want him to be part of it.

Originally posted by saenole:
Tim needed time to develop into a starting NFL QB, and I think the reason he wasn't given that time is that management was unwilling to deal with the intense outside pressure the kid brought with him...it wasn't his fault, but it was still a problem. And if he gives the game another try, he'll probably still have this issue to deal with...the article talking about a possible comeback used "polarizing" to describe him. The media feeds on controversy and isn't above manufacturing some if it will bring a few more clicks.

And it's too bad because Tim's a great kid and a born football player. If I owned an NFL team, I'd want him to be part of it.
This is the part that has always annoyed me most with this 'polarizing' thing. The media covers him 24/7 because they know it will generate clicks, then the same media turns around and says the media attention he receives makes him a distraction. People in 'media' and journalism today are the most worthless individuals around.

Florida State fans everywhere would agree, oozie. Newspapers and online sites in particular are fighting for their existence, and even once-reputable companies like the New York Times are stooping pretty low in an effort to generate some interest. And, unfortunately, sports fans seem to eat this stuff up...until it's about one of their own.

I agree. There's just a special kind of stupid about the media giving someone constant attention and then claiming the attention (that they give) is a distraction. I seriously wanna punch one of those dummies when I read or hear it.

If you're going to starting punching people in the nose, we can provide a long list of candidates.

The problem is that the Brennans and Fordes and Schlabachs and Finebaums of this world don't care what you think of them, they just want the clicks. In fact, I think these people take being hated by us riff-raff sports fans as a badge of honor. If you do try to fight back, it just adds fuel to their fire, and they already have a limitless supply of ink and airtime for keeping the fire going.

These types don't mind killing someone's career and reputation, even when they don't have facts to support their venom-dripping rants, and, in my opinion, they're a despicable bunch.

And that, plus $1.50, will get me a cheap cup of coffee.

Yea Finebaum definitely gets off on it. It's crazy to me that a clown like him who literally knows nothing about the sport has become a millionaire just by saying outlandish chit and pissing off the fans nearest him (Bama and Auburn). It's crazy.

Originally posted by gatorRAD:
Tim Tebow was banished from the league for one reason, his love for Jesus Christ! He was a threat to a media that was horrified by his genuine faith period! Players on opposing teams, and the liberal media were throwing verbal stones about Tim for his "Tebowing" after a score. The man had previously beaten the #1 defense in the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs, traded for Manning and thrown to the lions. Karma's a bitch isn't Elway! Go Jesus, Go Tebow
Do you really believe that? I think the vast majority of NFL GMs & coaches would suit up anybody that they believed gave them a better chance to win; it doesn't matter to them if he openly displays genuine faith, or if he's the biggest dirtbag in the city.

Originally posted by SeaPA:

Tim Tebow was banished from the league for one reason, his love for Jesus Christ! He was a threat to a media that was horrified by his genuine faith period! Players on opposing teams, and the liberal media were throwing verbal stones about Tim for his "Tebowing" after a score. The man had previously beaten the #1 defense in the Pittsburgh Steelers in the playoffs, traded for Manning and thrown to the lions. Karma's a bitch isn't Elway! Go Jesus, Go Tebow
Do you really believe that? I think the vast majority of NFL GMs & coaches would suit up anybody that they believed gave them a better chance to win; it doesn't matter to them if he openly displays genuine faith, or if he's the biggest dirtbag in the city.
This right here ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's all about W's and L's and if there's a guy out there that can help they will sign them.

Ray Rice will get another shot, watch.

Tim's overt religious views were just one element in what became the traveling Tebow media circus, and in my opinion it was this circus atmosphere (not a lack of talent) that made teams not want him on their roster as a backup. It creates all sorts of problems in the locker room when your 2nd or 3rd string QB is getting more media attention than your starters.

Tim's overt religious views were just one element in what became the traveling Tebow media circus, and in my opinion it was this circus atmosphere (not a lack of talent) that made teams not want him on their roster as a backup. It creates all sorts of problems in the locker room when your 2nd or 3rd string QB is getting more media attention than your starters.
Exactly, I don't know how anyone doesn't get this. It's why the Kurt Warner or Reggie White comparisons don't hold up. If Tebow played QB at the level of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, then yea franchises would deal with this supposed distraction because he'd help them win. But they only see him as a backup, so for a backup, the 'distraction' isn't worth it, which is totally unfair to Tebow. That's what people are talking about. Nobody is here saying he's a stud QB who needs to be starting somewhere. He's fully capably of being a backup QB though. Anybody who looks at the backup QB's in that league and says otherwise just doesn't know football. But whatever team he's on he instantly becomes the most popular player...teams don't want that from their backup QB.

Originally posted by oozie7:

Exactly, I don't know how anyone doesn't get this. It's why the Kurt Warner or Reggie White comparisons don't hold up. If Tebow played QB at the level of Peyton Manning or Tom Brady, then yea franchises would deal with this supposed distraction because he'd help them win. But they only see him as a backup, so for a backup, the 'distraction' isn't worth it, which is totally unfair to Tebow. That's what people are talking about. Nobody is here saying he's a stud QB who needs to be starting somewhere. He's fully capably of being a backup QB though. Anybody who looks at the backup QB's in that league and says otherwise just doesn't know football. But whatever team he's on he instantly becomes the most popular player...teams don't want that from their backup QB.
Oh, I agree that he's not on a roster more due to teams not wanting the distraction & hassle than due to his not being as good, or better, than a number of NFL backups. The distraction issue is a mix of the religion thing and the near-certainty that, if things go badly for the starter, that plenty of fans will start pushing for him to take over the starting roll.

RAD's rant didn't read at all like the point you're making; it sounded far more like someone who believes TT to be a superstar who's been blackballed from the league over religion.

Originally posted by SeaPA:

Oh, I agree that he's not on a roster more due to teams not wanting the distraction & hassle than due to his not being as good, or better, than a number of NFL backups. The distraction issue is a mix of the religion thing and the near-certainty that, if things go badly for the starter, that plenty of fans will start pushing for him to take over the starting roll.

RAD's rant didn't read at all like the point you're making; it sounded far more like someone who believes TT to be a superstar who's been blackballed from the league over religion.
Gotcha. Although if you think about it logically, he has a little bit of a point. He wasn't blackballed because of his faith directly, but sorta kinda indirectly. He's as popular as he is primarily because of his faith. And all the religious crazies started showing up in huge numbers when the Broncos went on that little run, people who ordinarily didn't watch football. And then when he was traded they all went on the attack. So yea, his following doesn't do him any favors. But again, he can't really help that.

This is 100% correct. He would be the most talked about backup QB in NFL history and the NFL GMs and owners don't want that.

Originally posted by ubergator74:
Nope. He was thrown to the Jets.
^^^^underrated post.

I guess they prefer the Ray Rice types.
rolleye0001.r191677.gif

Funny thing is, his faith is no greater than that of Kurt Warner or David Nelson...his was just more vocal.

Originally posted by GatorTheo:
I think Tebow has moved on. If he really wanted to play, I think he would do Canada or something to keep himself ready. He's had 3 chances (not all great chances)...maybe it's just not his destiny.

We were very lucky to have him. It was an amazing run! His last game in the Swamp with all the flashes going off was a very memorable experience.

This post was edited on 2/27 1:33 PM by GatorTheo
He DID play in the NFL, and even won a playoff game! Many would kill to have that opportunity; I am glad that Tebow has continued to be the leader that he has shown to be on and off the field. I love being in leadership (I am a fourth-level leader/manager at my job); true leadership is service-oriented, and is just a MULTIPLIER in people's lives . Naturally, I would love to see Tebow in the NFL doing some great things, but he has already achieved great things in the NFL, although, I would love to see him win a Super Bowl. Even opposing fanbases can appreciate what he does, even if he destroys our team. I respect that Tebow stood up for his beliefs, even when people were extremely critical. I remember all of the hype over his Super Bowl commercials; the fan-fare, both positive and negative had a far greater impact than the commercial itself (wasn't that controversial). He was raised correctly, as his parents were the example for him.

thanks OP for what you posted
Chris Tomlin - good stuff!
Good thread
Probably a lot of Noles would puke at the thought, but the world would be a much better place with more people in it like Tim.

The Nole fans who can't say a nice word about Tebow come from the same knucklehead barrel as the Gator fans who vilify Winston at every opportunity. Luckily for both schools, these dimwits make up a small minority of the fan base.

Originally posted by GatorGray:

30 minutes ago

Well, how about this: Former Broncos and Patriots QB Tim Tebow is working out today for the Philadelphia Eagles, a source confirmed.
Jesus, they boo Santa Claus over there, I'd hate to see what they do to poor Timmy.

He's going to be 28 when the season starts. Let it go Tim.

He's got a great thing going for him as a commentator. Great money and helps promote himself far more than struggling in the NFL as a backup.

http://www.shareonfb.com/jvdor7/Raiders_Sign_Tim_Tebow_to_3_Year_deal_worth_24_million_Reggie_Mckenzie_says_34QB_competiton_has_already_begun34

Originally posted by GatorGray:

I heart Chip. What a gentleman and a scholar.
No so fast Oozie...

45m45 minutes ago
Tim Tebow has come and gone from Philadelphia. Team is not planning to sign him at this time. We'll see if anything changes.
Was watching NFL Network and someone made an interesting comment on this. Basically, they were guessing that if Mariotta doesn't fall to Chip and he doesn't get a QB this draft, he'll sign Tebow. I mean think about it. Bradford is glass knees and Sanchez just isn't good. Most teams only carry 2 QB's because of the roster limits but if you have to mediocre/injury prone guys then it makes sense to carry a third. Guess we'll see.

They just signed Sanchez to a 2 year deal. Why? Who knows.

They traded Foles for Bradford. Why? Who knows.

I don't think they can cut either of them.

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:
They just signed Sanchez to a 2 year deal. Why? Who knows.

They traded Foles for Bradford. Why? Who knows.

I don't think they can cut either of them.
Don't think they'll cut either, just probably carry a 3rd QB since once is backup material only and the other is about as fragile as my grandma. I'm betting at some point they'll need a 3rd QB to step in this year. Unless they get Mariota.

The report is what Paco said, if they can trade Barkley, they'll sign Tebow to replace Barkley as 3rd qb. How would you like to line up on goal line defense and see DeMarco Murray and Tebow sitting back there? It would be awesome. And Kelly is the one guy in the league who's creative enough to use him like that.

Come on God, make this happen. How many indigents does a guy have to circumcise before he catches a break?

If/when this happens you all should really thank me. I've been making sweet love to my Chip blow up doll since Champ got fired. Once the Chip to UF deal fell through, he decided to make it up to me.

If/when this happens you all should really thank me. I've been making sweet love to my Chip blow up doll since Champ got fired. Once the Chip to UF deal fell through, he decided to make it up to me.
roll.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT