ADVERTISEMENT

The "Mailman" Takes Over; Dawgs QB Competition On Hold ?

I do not like this, but unless Auburn is really bad, then Georgia is really good. NC level good. In 3 hours (actually about 45 minutes) I went from supremely confident to highly uncertain about the outcome of our game. And unless our defense finds something, we are going to lose to you again. My main hope is that you played lights out in a home night game against a team you had all offseason to prepare for (and ignored Arkansas, which would also explain that poor showing) and you won't look this good again. I suppose we will see against Tennessee.
I was pleasantly surprised by our play but nothing's settled yet. I'm just taking them one at a time. Our offense showed promise and hopefully we take the next step towards just getting better versus Tenn because Bama looms the following week. I fully expect to be trailing Fla in the standings when we meet in Jacksonville. It'll be a barn burner for sure.

UGA played a good game but I’ve been saying for awhile now that Bo Nix isn’t very good and not sure why he is so hyped up. Malzahn IMO isn’t a good head coach. He gets lucky every once in awhile and pulls an upset on Bama and manages to keep his job.

That is why I said Auburn would lose to UGA. Auburn got by on defense last year and they lost their best defensive players. I knew they couldn’t rely on Nix to win them games.

Let's not forget Bo's father Pat sucked as a QB at Auburn while playing for the fat ass Terry Bowden.
I think that is actually one reason why Bo Nix gets some hype. His dad was a starting QB at Auburn so they have to talk it up and he must be good just because daddy played QB at Auburn.

I think that is actually one reason why Bo Nix gets some hype. His dad was a starting QB at Auburn so they have to talk it up and he must be good just because daddy played QB at Auburn.

well yeah, it's definitely a reason. And I think to say that he "sucked" under Bowden is a stretch.
His dad also coached him in high school and he's been getting off season tutoring from Jordan Palmer for several years (as have many top QBs).

well yeah, it's definitely a reason. And I think to say that he "sucked" under Bowden is a stretch.
His dad also coached him in high school and he's been getting off season tutoring from Jordan Palmer for several years (as have many top QBs).
He will be worse this season for sure. Any QB that spends two seasons on the Gus Bust regresses.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
IMO, the UGA QB competition isn't over, its just "on hold" - till the 2nd QTR of the Alabama game.

Stetson Bennett got his chance against Arkansas and delivered. Bennett was thrown into the game without any real preparation but he took the reigns of the offense and led them to a 37-10 win.

Bennett went 20 of 29 for 211 yards and two touchdowns. He also rushed five times for 26 yards.

That performance earned Bennett the start against Auburn. Bennett led Georgia to a 27-6 win. He completed 17 of 28 for 240 yards and one touchdown. After the game, Smart even made it official that Bennett is “the guy.”

Stetson Bennett is Georgia's starting quarterback Saturday against Tennessee. Will he continue his victory streak ?

Is the "Mailman" here to stay - if so. for how long ?

Stetson Bennett is a great story about perseverance. From two-star walk-on to starting quarterback all because he refused to give up or to listen to his doubters. Bennett’s mental toughness is off the charts.

Can mental toughness & perseverance beat Tennessee - Between the Hedges ?
Yes, I think so.

Can mental toughness & perseverance beat Bama - on the road ?
It would be a great "feel-good" story, but no, Bama wins the game.

But, can any of UGA's other QBs win that game ?
No; IMO, Bama a better team no matter who plays QB for Dawgs.

Once UGA falls behind, I want to see how Smart & Monken react; who plays QB after they pull Bennett; who do they throw into the fire at Bryant-Denny stadium ?

Who starts the next game, on the road, against Kentucky ?

Uga looked good against auburn but I still have no idea how good auburn is. They are the single most inconsistent program, week to week and even year to year. We’ll see. They looked really bad last week but I really wasn’t impressed against Kentucky either. We knew uga would have a good defense. It’s tough to tell if they’re that good or if auburn is just that hapless.

Bo Nix is trash and if Oregon’s safety was worth a damn that terrible pass would have been intercepted and college football would have been saved from overhyping him because of his daddy.

IMO, the UGA QB competition isn't over, its just "on hold" - till the 2nd QTR of the Alabama game.

Stetson Bennett got his chance against Arkansas and delivered. Bennett was thrown into the game without any real preparation but he took the reigns of the offense and led them to a 37-10 win.

Bennett went 20 of 29 for 211 yards and two touchdowns. He also rushed five times for 26 yards.

That performance earned Bennett the start against Auburn. Bennett led Georgia to a 27-6 win. He completed 17 of 28 for 240 yards and one touchdown. After the game, Smart even made it official that Bennett is “the guy.”

Stetson Bennett is Georgia's starting quarterback Saturday against Tennessee. Will he continue his victory streak ?

Is the "Mailman" here to stay - if so. for how long ?

Stetson Bennett is a great story about perseverance. From two-star walk-on to starting quarterback all because he refused to give up or to listen to his doubters. Bennett’s mental toughness is off the charts.

Can mental toughness & perseverance beat Tennessee - Between the Hedges ?
Yes, I think so.

Can mental toughness & perseverance beat Bama - on the road ?
It would be a great "feel-good" story, but no, Bama wins the game.

But, can any of UGA's other QBs win that game ?
No; IMO, Bama a better team no matter who plays QB for Dawgs.

Once UGA falls behind, I want to see how Smart & Monken react; who plays QB after they pull Bennett; who do they throw into the fire at Bryant-Denny stadium ?

Who starts the next game, on the road, against Kentucky ?
Versus Bama at least, I doubt it will be Mathis. That atmosphere will totally overwhelm him. Bennett's emergence has allowed the staff to rest Daniels a few extra weeks but he is cleared to play. Bennett has been taking snaps with the 1's and Daniels is running scout team. With a career 12 starts I don't think Monken will hesitate to insert JTD into the game if need be.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT