ADVERTISEMENT

Suck it stupid Tuckians!

I don't have any hate towards them but kind of wanted them knocked down a peg after all that talk. Human nature I guess.

They are going crazy blaming their coach over at Rupp Rafters.

Originally posted by Gator Fever:
I don't have any hate towards them but kind of wanted them knocked down a peg after all that talk. Human nature I guess.

They are going crazy blaming their coach over at Rupp Rafters.
I LOVE going to Rupp Rafters when they lose!

Calipari is a great recruiter but he isn't that good of an X's and O's coach. Why do you think he recruits the way he does? He knows he has to have more talent than his opponent because he knows he's not going to win very many in game coaching battles.

Hey the good news is the UK fans have the NBA draft to look forward to and Cal can talk about how it is the greatest night in UK history again. LOL

I will say this is the first time in a while they are blaming the coach more than the refs.
This post was edited on 4/4 11:35 PM by Gator Fever

Originally posted by PacoGator19:
Calipari is a great recruiter but he isn't that good of an X's and O's coach. Why do you think he recruits the way he does? He knows he has to have more talent than his opponent because he knows he's not going to win very many in game coaching battles.
W T F ! ! !

It's Kentucky basketball. A turnip could get the best recruiting class every year there. It's the same as USC, the name recruits itself. It's a testament to Calipari's failure and stupidity that he can't get the best talent in the country to win the title more than once in all the years he's been there. Everyone else does more with less than Calipari, UK fans just don't see that.

fc,550x550,red.jpg

Go Badgers!!!!

Originally posted by grommit:

W T F ! ! !

It's Kentucky basketball. A turnip could get the best recruiting class every year there. It's the same as USC, the name recruits itself. It's a testament to Calipari's failure and stupidity that he can't get the best talent in the country to win the title more than once in all the years he's been there. Everyone else does more with less than Calipari, UK fans just don't see that.
9............NNNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEE.......McDonald All Americans on the UK team compared to none on Wisky. Calipari and the Gotti hairdoo is overrated.

For anyone that thinks there's a conspiracy to let Kentucky win, good job.

Vegas just got killed and the ratings for the title game took a massive blow.

And this is why college basketball is such a great sport...being a "team" can still mean more than just individual talent, and every team at least has a chance.

Yeah, he's the only coach in the country that wants to recruit as much talent as he possibly can.
ohwell.r191677.gif

Originally posted by SeaPA:

Yeah, he's the only coach in the country that wants to recruit as much talent as he possibly can.
ohwell.r191677.gif
As shown by what happens to the schools after he departs.

Folks I am no UK BB fan whatsoever but it sure appeared and felt like the REFS had their hands in this game too much and they decided the outcome of it. There was too many BS calls on UK and it didn't balance to UW bs they were doing and weren't getting called.

I didn't care who won the game so take it as a person who was neutral the refs and maybe vegas won this game of UW.

Originally posted by HardeeWildcatFan:
Folks I am no UK BB fan whatsoever but it sure appeared and felt like the REFS had their hands in this game too much and they decided the outcome of it. There was too many BS calls on UK and it didn't balance to UW bs they were doing and weren't getting called.

I didn't care who won the game so take it as a person who was neutral the refs and maybe vegas won this game of UW.
So then Kentucky is, what? 7-1 in games decided by the refs this year? Sympathy is not forthcoming.

Refs cost Kentucky the game, period!!! When Gasser deliberately smacked Trey Lyles fist with his face the refs didn't even call a foul.

Originally posted by cockydev:
Even while watching the game live, the shot clock violation was evident.
Exactly Cal asked for them to look at the video but they wouldn't. Yes the UK player who smacked the UW player should have gotten a flagrant 1 but I swear the REFS and even the announcers were for UW all the way.

I guess we all can say that WHITE BOYS can play basketball after all?

Both Billy and Bruce said UK was beatable if the refer did not favor the Cats. They were right.

Originally posted by MJWilliamson:
Both Billy and Bruce said UK was beatable if the refer did not favor the Cats. They were right.
And if they really were as dominant as their fans and the media made them out to be, refs for or against them wouldn't matter.

Exactly Cal asked for them to look at the video but they wouldn't. Yes the UK player who smacked the UW player should have gotten a flagrant 1 but I swear the REFS and even the announcers were for UW all the way.

Those weren't white boys. Didn't you listen to the post game interview

They lost by 7, why are people still talking about the shot clock violation? It was obviously the wrong call, but they had minutes and multiple possessions after that play. Oh yea, that basket only tied the game. That isn't the reason UK lost, they lost because up 4 with 4 minutes left they tried to burn clock and ended up having to take garbage shots for 3-4 straight possessions. Before Harrison's basket under a minute they hadn't scored in almost 5 minutes, blame the refs for that I guess.

Originally posted by Panhandle Slim1:

Those weren't white boys. Didn't you listen to the post game interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtoKhCX3qpE

Nobody does less with more than Calipari. They lost to the better team on that day and Calipari choked up at the end of the game playing stall ball.

Frankly I don't care, but what I do know is if UK did get screwed in any way by the calls against Wisconsin it was only that karma finally came back to bite them after an entire season of gifts. 13 separate times this year they were down by double digits in games, and the refs managed to hand them the win by overwhelmingly uneven trips to the charity stripe in their favor.

So if for ONE time this entire year they finally aren't getting the benefit of playing 8 vs 5 on the court, I can sleep quite fine at night.

Come on ooz, they lost by 7 because they had to keep fouling and those guys just weren't missing free throws.

Refs purposely going against Kentucky simply doesn't make sense to me though because the tatings probably just got cut by half of what it would have been with a Duke vs Kentucky final (which many people had in their brackets AND hardens back to Christian Laetner...who has been promoted by the media a lot this month).

Oh, and Vegas had a melt down with that loss. If anything, I would look into if those refs had a vested interest, because the game went oddly.

If UK won it all Vegas was going to take a direct donkey punch to the nuts, every casual fan and dad you know saw that UK was at even money to win the whole thing and put their money on it. Vegas just raked last night with that loss not only for that game but for ALL the future bets on UK to win the whole thing.

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:
Come on ooz, they lost by 7 because they had to keep fouling and those guys just weren't missing free throws.

Refs purposely going against Kentucky simply doesn't make sense to me though because the tatings probably just got cut by half of what it would have been with a Duke vs Kentucky final (which many people had in their brackets AND hardens back to Christian Laetner...who has been promoted by the media a lot this month).

Oh, and Vegas had a melt down with that loss. If anything, I would look into if those refs had a vested interest, because the game went oddly.
I think the refs were just bad in general, I don't think they were trying to eff UK though. There were 3 terrible calls down the stretch and 2 of them benefited UK. They had the flagrant foul where Lyles literally punched a guy in the face and only got a Flagrant 1. Then they had the charge on Wisconsin's PG which negated a 3 that put them up. And in that case Wisky's point guard was called for a charge on a 250 lb. center, I mean c'mon. And then there was the goaltend which was obviously wrong. I think because the goaltend was so blatant people keep focusing on that but they were bad throughout and UK benefited from some key calls down the stretch as well.

Calipari definitely got worked by Bo Ryan. He would have lost to Brey if Harrison hadn't hit a 30 foot 3 pointer. It's a bit overstated to say nobody does less though, even given the players he has. He's in the final 4 every year. This year's team was deep and talented but it didn't have an Anthony davis, Cousins or John Wall. I actually thought they'd get competition in the sec this year, which turned out to be crazy.

Exactly Cal asked for them to look at the video but they wouldn't. Yes the UK player who smacked the UW player should have gotten a flagrant 1 but I swear the REFS and even theannouncers were for UW all the way.

You realize that this game was shown on 3 different channels...1 with UK announcers, 1 with Wisky announcers, and 1 that was neutral? You may have been watching the cheesehead version.

Nobody was pulling harder for Kentucky to lose than Vegas. They had all kinds of futures bets out there and stood to lose a ton with a UK victory. Even the local bookies were sweating that one out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT