ADVERTISEMENT

Suck it stupid Tuckians!

Originally posted by SwampMaster:
Originally posted by HardeeWildcatFan:

Originally posted by cockydev:
Even while watching the game live, the shot clock violation was evident.
Exactly Cal asked for them to look at the video but they wouldn't. Yes the UK player who smacked the UW player should have gotten a flagrant 1 but I swear the REFS and even theannouncers were for UW all the way.

I guess we all can say that WHITE BOYS can play basketball after all?
You realize that this game was shown on 3 different channels...1 with UK announcers, 1 with Wisky announcers, and 1 that was neutral? You may have been watching the cheesehead version.
I for one was stuck watching the UK announcers. It sucks as bad as when you would watch those classic football games on CSS and all they EVER use are Alabama or Georgia announcers.

It takes away something from watching classic replays of games where your team wins the game, but you have to sit there and listen to commentators refer to your guys as the bad guys, even though you're watching it on what is supposed to be an unbiased/impartial network. I forget what network I was watching the final four game on, but they sure as hell were not impartial. Almost like watching a Notre Dame football game on NBC in which the homerism of the telecast is just the plain obvious.

Originally posted by cwesleyf:
Don't we all love watching the arrogant and entitled lose?
I agree I just wonder where all those 40-0 TShirts went to? We all know they made thousands of them, guess they were donated to third world countries....

11091186_10153202454449705_4989846088762410820_n.jpg

Well, I guess that's why we're so awesome, since we've never had an undefeated season in football or basketball. I'm sure people across the country were devastated....

And I swear if someone brings up our "undefeated season" a hundred years ago, that person is never again allowed to gripe about other teams living in the past.

Originally posted by SeaPA:
Originally posted by PacoGator19:
Calipari is a great recruiter but he isn't that good of an X's and O's coach. Why do you think he recruits the way he does? He knows he has to have more talent than his opponent because he knows he's not going to win very many in game coaching battles.
Yeah, he's the only coach in the country that wants to recruit as much talent as he possibly can.
ohwell.r191677.gif
You might not be comprehending it the way I did. Yes every college coach want the most talent. However you have to balance it out and recruit players that are students as well. Some coaches load up on the one/two and dones, some coaches recruit student athletes that will play for four years. Some coaches recruit a mix of one and doners with student athletes.

Coach Cal truly doesn't give two craps about who graduates.

In the early part of his career Billy D had numerous players jumping to the NBA. Mike Miller, Kwame Brown (never made it to college), Haslem, Donnell Harvey, and a few others. He later took a new approach to how and who he recruited.

Cal doesn't care about graduation because Kentucky doesn't care.

All they want to do is win and send guys to the NBA.

Honestly, is that SO wrong? When you think about it, the more guys they have in the NBA, the more hefty donations they can get.

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:

Honestly, is that SO wrong? When you think about it, the more guys they have in the NBA, the more hefty donations they can get.
Devils advocate, many pros blow through the money and are broke when the career is over. 7-15 years from now after they are out of the league they have no degree to continue a career.

Many donors are alumni who graduated. You recruit one and doners you are missing a few degree holder donors.

Im curious to research and see what athletes are the top donors for UF. The Jabari Gaffney's or the Danny Wuerfferl's.

Originally posted by TennesseeGator:

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:

Devils advocate, many pros blow through the money and are broke when the career is over. 7-15 years from now after they are out of the league they have no degree to continue a career.

Many donors are alumni who graduated. You recruit one and doners you are missing a few degree holder donors.

Im curious to research and see what athletes are the top donors for UF. The Jabari Gaffney's or the Danny Wuerfferl's.
I bet athletes make up just a minute % of donations given to big time sports schools. Their benefit is through the name recognition mostly.

Calipari is a great recruiter but he isn't that good of an X's and O's coach. Why do you think he recruits the way he does? He knows he has to have more talent than his opponent because he knows he's not going to win very many in game coaching battles.

Beat Florida three times last year. Made the final four four out of the last five years and won one championship. Best record in college basketball over that same period. Sounds like a pretty good coach to me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT