ADVERTISEMENT

Steele in transfer portal will he play this year?

Kirby had a Freshman QB that threw like he was throwing to 6'5" receivers, however they were all in the 6'2" and under and wasn't the best leader or decision maker. Florida had an experienced QB that became a leader. It makes a difference, but you'll never see the forest for the trees!

LOL! So now Georgia fans are saying Mullen won more games in his first season than Kirby because Mullen had the great Felipe Franks as QB?

Mercy.

PS: The fact that you are complimenting Franks kinda makes the case that Mullen is an incredible coach.

UF ain’t Alabama. Has the last few years shown you that the football coach at UF has autonomy? These idiots just recently built an indoor facility. Mac asked for a stand-alone football facility in 2015 and they’re not even gonna start building it until 2021. We don’t have athlete only dorms. He was in regular student dorms, that’s a university issue which is why he had to wait until the end of the semester, the coach doesn’t have anything to do with that.

I’m sure Mullen went out and apologized because his name got caught up with Jones. That’s not on the coach either but it’s understandable. I’m damn near sure he didn’t fly out there to apologize for him not being moved out his dorm fast enough. That’s ridiculous. And if that’s why he really left him and his family are morons. He’s getting 1st team reps on a preseason top 10 team and was 1 week away from being in a new dorm and gave that all up because he wasn’t moved fast enough? If that’s the case he’s too dumb to ever succeed at high level. There’s clearly more to the story.
If we had a “Poster of the Month” award...oozie would own it right now...

60333448_610243092784807_3559037989998821376_n.jpg
It really is a sign of the times when sadgator actually had to pause for a second and seriously think about whether this was real...

Reactions: bradleygator
LOL! So now Georgia fans are saying Mullen won more games in his first season than Kirby because Mullen had the great Felipe Franks as QB?

Mercy.

PS: The fact that you are complimenting Franks kinda makes the case that Mullen is an incredible coach.
The truth is in the middle. Felipe had a good level of poise and experience coming in...

But Dan was able to take him to another level....

That might not have happened with a newbie QB.

Last edited:
Him not getting moved and him getting caught up in the story are the same thing. One doesn’t happen without the other. You can bet that’s how he sees it. And it’s not a small thing to have your name thrown into national headlines on a double sex assault.

I’m sure it wasn’t any one thing, but it’s a pretty bizarre deal when a five star transfers in early May.

Did you see his roommate Hill’s tweet about the situation? Saying Steele lied to leave and was gonna regardless. The coaches apparently had to talk him out of transferring shortly after he arrived on campus. Doesn’t take a lot to see there’s way more to the story here than some dorm change request.

Mercy.

I've never said he wasn't .David Eason had a big arm, playing as a Freshman, he made poor decisions, similar to Franks in his second year. The game slowed down for Franks this past year and he lead the team to 10-3. I'm certain alot had to do with Mullen and some had to do with the experience he has garnered since redshirting. Don't be too quick to discredit experience. It is critical at all levels of sports.

Did you see his roommate Hill’s tweet about the situation? Saying Steele lied to leave and was gonna regardless. The coaches apparently had to talk him out of transferring shortly after he arrived on campus. Doesn’t take a lot to see there’s way more to the story here than some dorm change request.
Wow, this beats daytime soaps.

And I can understand Steele and his family getting upset about his name getting caught up but again he’s in regular dorms and the issue was not even a week away from being resolved. There’s clearly more to the story. His teammates and own roommate calling him out let’s me know something else was up. No recent transfer has gotten treated like that.

Reactions: Blayze
He was/is homesick. He’s making up all the other stuff to cover his own butt and to use it as an excuse to be able to play immediately wherever he transfers too.

He was/is homesick. He’s making up all the other stuff to cover his own butt and to use it as an excuse to be able to play immediately wherever he transfers too.
I never said it on record but as soon as he committed and later signed I honestly never thought it would work out. I swear I had s feeling the west coast guy would get homesick.

Regardless, it's water under the bridge. All out of our control.

Reactions: sadgator
Any CB that's not tough enough to be off mommies apron strings, should have never come to an SEC school to begin with. o_O

IF,,, and I say IF that is truly the problem, then they are better off with him going back home.

It sure would be nice to have the actual 'honest and unfiltered' details on this whole fiasco.
So far you can't address this subject without the word 'cluster' coming up somewhere... :cool:

The truth is in the middle. Felipe has a good level of poise and experience coming in...

But Dan was able to take him to another level....

That might not have happened with a newbie QB.
My take exactly. Mullen is the QB whisperer, but he can't turn Bucanole into a QB. He needs someone with potential that he can unleash

That sucks. Man up and transfer if you want, but don't tarnish the reputation of your brothers to save your's by lying.

My take exactly. Mullen is the QB whisperer, but he can't turn Bucanole into a QB. He needs someone with potential that he can unleash

Franks entered the 2018 season with broken confidence coming off a 4-7 season and as the #10 rated QB in the SEC. UF was 1-6 in their final 7 games with the only win coming against Ala/Birm...

Franks begins the 2019 season as the #3 rated SEC QB, and he says that it's entirely due to the coaching of Dan and the new QB coach Brian Johnson.

Franks entered the 2018 season with broken confidence coming off a 4-7 season and as the #10 rated QB in the SEC. UF was 1-6 in their final 7 games with the only win coming against Ala/Birm...

Franks begins the 2019 season as the #3 rated SEC QB, and he says that it's entirely due to the coaching of Dan and the new QB coach Brian Johnson.
I stand by my belief that there has always been a good QB inside of Franks and that Mullen was able to unleash it . Mullen, however, couldn't do sh!t with Bucanole no matter how long he spent time trying to unleash the potential. Mullen needs a good QB that he can make great. This is not saying he can't make a lesser QB great.

I've never said he wasn't .David Eason had a big arm, playing as a Freshman, he made poor decisions, similar to Franks in his second year. The game slowed down for Franks this past year and he lead the team to 10-3. I'm certain alot had to do with Mullen and some had to do with the experience he has garnered since redshirting. Don't be too quick to discredit experience. It is critical at all levels of sports.

Jacob Eason.

So your own version of Justin Fields. You all believed what Fields supposedly said, but Steele is just making things up to get what he wants. Do I have this right?

So let me know what Steele has personally told you about his reason... :rolleyes:

Errrrrr he’s on the record as saying he’s transferring because he wasn’t allowed to move out of the room and got caught up in an accused double sex assault. And both of those things are undisputed. You can speculate that that’s not really why he transferred, but it did happen. That’s what this entire thread is about.

Fields is full of shit...and so is Steele...

Fields didn’t like the depth chart...it is still unclear what Steele’s issue is/was.

Why is it just dismissed out of hand that the kid came here to be about business and he didn’t think he was being taken seriously and he ends up with his name attached to a sex assault as the cherry on top? It’s on the record that he asked out of the room more or less immediately. And Mullen did fly out to CA to apologize. I don’t know if that’s the whole story, but it’s interesting that it’s easier for people to latch on to theories like he was involved in the sex assault and UF was cleaning house, or he was afraid of the depth chart, when there are zero facts to support them.

You said yesterday that the story was correct that it was because they didn’t hand him a starting job.

You said yesterday that the story was correct that it was because they didn’t hand him a starting job.
UH. I don’t recall saying that. He was homesick.

FWIW I’m not even sure he was Jalon Jones roommate. I’ve been told Steele was a few rooms down. Hill hasn’t transferred and he got caught up as well and is also a out of state prospect. You are only hearing 1 side. UF isn’t allowed to comment but you can see what his former teammates are saying.

I’m not really blaming Mullen or Steele in this situation. I believe the majority of the issue is homesickness. It has been said that Steele had even been thinking about transferring after just being at UF for a month or two.

Last edited:
I wonder how good Steele ends up wherever he goes. I think Elam will end up a better player than him. Steele will be good but I dont think he will be in the league of some past DBs we have had here.

Reactions: gatordad3
What's even funnier is Rick Wells, who only stepped on the field during garbage time ragged Steele on twitter. From what I've seen out of Steele, he looked lost on the field.
Didn't Steele shoot his mouth off about how the entire Pac 12 played soft on defense and saying how his style of play fits in the SEC? So if the rumor about his interest in Texas is true, doesn't the Big 12 suck even more on defense?

Why is it just dismissed out of hand that the kid came here to be about business and he didn’t think he was being taken seriously and he ends up with his name attached to a sex assault as the cherry on top?

It just seems totally extreme and absurd to leave the school you committed to a few months ago over a room transfer...especially when the dude doing the alleged bad stuff is now gone. Gotta be more to it...

So I'm lost here now. I heard about the story of him wanting to leave and entering the portal last week and really didn't look into it. Then everyone was telling me this weekend that after Mullen and wife flew out to talk to Chris and his family, that he had decided he was returning and was going to stay.

From briefly skimming through this thread, it still seems he is not going to stay? What's the truth here? Or does nobody really know right now? The question is, is he registering for classes or not.

Other Florida players are attacking him on Twitter. Probably make it awkward for him to stay

I don't follow the twitter, but I cannot find any article or news reporting these twitter attacks. Not to say it isn't happening of course, but it is what it is.

This is why I don't try to follow too closely to stuff in May. The story will change daily or hourly on what is happening depending on which burger king you got the latest info from.

Is he going to make it in for Summer B or is he likely to not get qualified in time? Some recruits are attending Summer A I see but Summer B is the deadline for a football recruit to be good to go I think.

What's even funnier is Rick Wells, who only stepped on the field during garbage time ragged Steele on twitter. From what I've seen out of Steele, he looked lost on the field.
Didn't Steele shoot his mouth off about how the entire Pac 12 played soft on defense and saying how his style of play fits in the SEC? So if the rumor about his interest in Texas is true, doesn't the Big 12 suck even more on defense?
Yes this is what is interesting to me is that even Rick Wells has gone on blast and Rick Wells never plays and is possibly a transfer candidate himself.

Yes this is what is interesting to me is that even Rick Wells has gone on blast and Rick Wells never plays and is possibly a transfer candidate himself.
Come to think of it, I believe I saw him on the field just once(the whole season) in the 4th against the Idaho Vandals.

Oh gawd, it's the end of the world, 4th string Fr QB Jalon Jones is an xfer-out.
And then reality settles in to replace the hyperbole...

QB Richardson excited to grow under Mullen's tutelage.

For Florida 2020 quarterback commit Anthony Richardson, the opening is welcome. “It’s good for me because it opens up another spot for me to get in early and possibly get more playing time than I usually would,” Richardson said. “So, that’s a good thing for me.” This offseason, Richardson has shown elite athleticism. Highlights of his dunks and blocked shots have hit social media, as well as a blistering 4.50-second forty at 6-foot-4, 222 (currently at 230) during The Opening Combine in Orlando. The speed and athleticism is a dimension to Richardson’s game is a huge asset.

https://247sports.com/college/flori...-Mullen-quarterback-development-UF-131992405/

PS
And although I did welcome Steele to the team, if I had to chose between them, I'd have taken K.Elam over him in a NY-second.

Personally I wouldn't try to blow sunshine around about this. It's never a good thing to lose players from your team and it looks especially bad to lose freshman who have never played a snap. I know it's inevitable with SOME who have never been away from home before and get homesick, but there really is no positive way to put this out there.

And there is never a good angle to getting a cancerous player like Jalon Jones on your team and dealing with that, no matter who you are and it doesn't matter if he was not the real reason Steele wanted/wants to leave.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT