ADVERTISEMENT

So, ummm that new staff recruiting bump that always happens...

If I tried to tell a judge the basis for my opinion was "a highly regarded lawyer we both know" he'd laugh at me. Then I'd get sued by my client for being a buffon.

Yet you lazy bastards keep using as your authority what some unknown poster on a message board when you're on the internet and can research the answer.
I am not a lawyer. Or claim to be an expert on recruiting rules. And besides, the recruiting rules are not in question.

The recruiting rules for the number of scholarship are pretty plain and pretty simple; every program can take up to 25 guys every year, including transfers. A program can add to that any left over from the previous year, including non-qualifiers from the previous year. Limited to 85 total when fall semester begins.

to wit;

"The NCAA restricts football teams to 85 total scholarships, or "counters," at any given time, as well as an annual limit of 25 "initial counters" (Bylaw 15.5.6.1).

The concept of limiting initial counters exists to essentially force schools into bringing in a responsible amount of players each year, thereby limiting the avenues for schools to seek a competitive edge by pushing out current student-athletes under potentially dubious circumstances to make room for newcomers.

To that effect, in addition to limiting schools to 25 initial counters, the NCAA also restricted schools to signing a maximum of 25 players per class to a national letter of intent or an institutional offer of financial aid between Dec. 1 and May 31 (Bylaw 13.9.2.3)."​

The only question on the table is what is our number? I presented a detailed case the number is 28. No one has presented a detailed case why that is not the number, other than pointing out McE said we are going to take "28 and maybe 30."

Last edited:
Transfer will count against whatever limit we have. Processing players currently on scholarship will not help with the single year limit, just the 85 man limit.

If 28 IS the right number, the only way we can take more is to get some guys to walk on.

IF.......and there is another way we can take more.....some of the low rated and lightly recruited early commits will simply have to go.

IF.......and there is another way we can take more.....some of the low rated and lightly recruited early commits will simply have to go.

What's up HungaryGator? Did you get banned under that screen name?

(Psst, if you're going to use a new screen name you should endeavor to change your writing style.)

I think everyone has acknowledged that at one time or another.

One of the very few agreements I had with Machen was he wouldn't permit the prior coaches to do that. I hope Fuches continues that policy and doesn't permit it.

Adults making six and seven figures should not be permitted to do this. It's despicable.

But that's not nearly as bad as the paid mouth-pieces getting that much to mostly attempt to subvert justice... (jmoho of course) :p

Feleipe Franks has been doing very good through the first 2 days of practice at the Army All-American practices. I actually think Franks may be a little underrated.

One of the very few agreements I had with Machen was he wouldn't permit the prior coaches to do that. I hope Fuches continues that policy and doesn't permit it.

Adults making six and seven figures should not be permitted to do this. It's despicable.
I tend to agree.

Maybe it balances out the recruits that screw up a school's class by doing a totally unexpected flip on NSD, at no cost to themselves. Or deciding to xfer out, thus screwing up the team's depth chart for the coming season.

Recruits do whatever they do.
Players do whatever they do.
Schools do whatever they do.
Coaching Staffs do whatever they do.
Fans do/think whatever they do.
The NCAA does whatever it wants to.

The Ten Commandments exist, and some follow them and some don't.
Such is life on the 3rd rock from the Sun..... o_O

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT