ADVERTISEMENT

Shit Is Hitting the Fan for the Gators

Stone. Cold. Sober.

Just sick and tired of all the ostriches with their heads in the sand because they're incapable of being honest.

I stopped posting on this board because of it. So did TampaGator.

I started back up because I relocated my practice from one part of the state to a different part. As I'm now getting busy again, I don't have the time to post here.

And frankly, I am again fed up with the same crap that drove me off last time.

And that bs is from the dweeb that had the nerve to call someone else a crybaby... o_O
LMFAO!!! :D:D:D

PS

Don't let the door,,, (stoned, over cooled, and slobber) :p

Yea...this is false. Spurrier got the knack for being a 'lazy' or bad recruiter but his classes were always filled with prep all-Americans. I believe Spurrier had two classes in his tenure that finished outside the top 10. He hated recruiting, but he was good at it.
Oozie, I respect your opinion because you have been there. However, so have I. In fact I played for the aforementioned Ball Coach during the run in the mid-90's. I agree UF's recruiting classes were generally in the Top 10. That is exactly the point many of us "ostrich heads" are trying to make. A Top 10 recruiting class puts you in contention from a talent perspective. The new norm by some is failure to be a Top 3 recruiting class means you should fold the program.

Stone. Cold. Sober.

Just sick and tired of all the ostriches with their heads in the sand because they're incapable of being honest.

I started back up because I relocated my practice from one part of the state to a different part. As I'm now getting busy again, I don't have the time to post here.

What a self-absorbed, angry, angry little man with an overinflated sense of importance. Buh-bye now.

Reactions: BayAreaGator
Oozie, I respect your opinion because you have been there. However, so have I. In fact I played for the aforementioned Ball Coach during the run in the mid-90's. I agree UF's recruiting classes were generally in the Top 10. That is exactly the point many of us "ostrich heads" are trying to make. A Top 10 recruiting class puts you in contention from a talent perspective. The new norm by some is failure to be a Top 3 recruiting class means you should fold the program.

Fair enough.

I can tell you from speaking to Space off the board that he doesn't feel we need a top 3 class. We do have a good class. But it's also fair to say we have missed on a lot of our top targets for certain positions like LB and it's looking like DB will be the same. It's more about filling needs and I'd say so far we have failed to do so at those two positions and maybe OL. And apparently Manuel and Burns are going to FSU. If that happens we will have not signed a DT and will have lost our second top target at DE. Any class where you don't sign a DT can't be considered a win on the DL even though I think Clayton and Polite are great prospects at DE.

Fair enough.

I can tell you from speaking to Space off the board that he doesn't feel we need a top 3 class. We do have a good class. But it's also fair to say we have missed on a lot of our top targets for certain positions like LB and it's looking like DB will be the same. It's more about filling needs and I'd say so far we have failed to do so at those two positions and maybe OL. And apparently Manuel and Burns are going to FSU. If that happens we will have not signed a DT and will have lost our second top target at DE. Any class where you don't sign a DT can't be considered a win on the DL even though I think Clayton and Polite are great prospects at DE.
What LBer prospects did we miss on? Your not counting Mack Wilson are you? Did you really think Wilson was going anywhere other than Bama? We got Moon, Joseph and Reese. That's a pretty good LBer haul.

Stone. Cold. Sober.

Translation: "Waaaaahhhhhhhhh!! Booooohoooooo!!!"

Best of luck, you whiny douchebag.

What LBer prospects did we miss on? Your not counting Mack Wilson are you? Did you really think Wilson was going anywhere other than Bama? We got Moon, Joseph and Reese. That's a pretty good LBer haul.

No I didn't think Wilson was ever coming. And said as much when we were taking his scrub friends to entice him, thought it was stupid then now we're stuck with lesser dudes to appease a dude who was never coming here. But a lot of people thought he was coming, he was one of the recruits people would point to and say "we're going to sign so and so which will make our class even better!" but now that he's not coming it's not a miss because he wasn't coming any way, apparently. Funny how that works. And Wilson was undoubtedly the staff's top prospect on the board at that position. We were also after Rice, Quarterman, and Jackson pretty hard. The first two are committed elsewhere and Jackson isn't coming either. That's just off the top of my head.

No I didn't think Wilson was ever coming. And said as much when we were taking his scrub friends to entice him, thought it was stupid then now we're stuck with lesser dudes to appease a dude who was never coming here. But a lot of people thought he was coming, he was one of the recruits people would point to and say "we're going to sign so and so which will make our class even better!" but now that he's not coming it's not a miss because he wasn't coming any way, apparently. Funny how that works. And Wilson was undoubtedly the staff's top prospect on the board at that position. We were also after Rice, Quarterman, and Jackson pretty hard. The first two are committed elsewhere and Jackson isn't coming either. That's just off the top of my head.
I'm not sure we are taking Nelson anymore. We weren't after Rice, Quarterman or Jackson very hard. We could have had Quarterman if we wanted him. He's been shopping himself for months. It doesn't really matter we have a good LBer class right now.

I hope we don't take Nelson. I hated that BS when it was happening. Don't even care if Wilson would have committed on the spot. We aren't over signing and cutting like other schools so we don't have room to take projects with the hope that one recruit signs.

12642693_1478228848861031_3470083011487789237_n.jpg

Reactions: oozie7
I love my Gators, but I don't let it ruin my day.
I'm quite happy with the 2015 year and 2016 class. I don't believe we are set up to fail. I'm confident we'll be competitive in 2016 so long as we have a QB. It goes a long ways to have a QB that can throw a ball at the wall and being able to hit it. The inroads that the staff has put in play for the juniors will pay dividends in the 2017 class in my opinion.

For those ledge jumpers, UGA hasn't won a championship in what, 30 years? Auburn has only 1 because of Cam. LSU 2? Ole Miss - maybe before I was born? Tenn - 1 (and if wasn't for Stoerner would had been 0).

It's not easy to win championships, let alone 1. Bama has just been making look easy.

17' has the potential to be a big time class. The only issue I see is that I expect us to take a small step back record wise next year. If that's the case, how do we sell it? That's the big question. Considering our 10-win season and PT available all over the roster, you'd have expected us to hit on a few more of our top targets this year. We have a good class and one that fills some holes, but I only see about 3-4 guys who you just know will be good the moment they step on the field. We need classes with 7-8 of those types consistently to get back to winning titles.

Well bama has benefited from many things to make it look easy, all of college has been down dealing with talent all over the nation except for them and their money bags overall.. and they own the lawmakers on and off the field and get every break iv'e ever seen when they are in danger during this run. They would say the opposite by the way they have lost the games they have but even then money bag calls set up the Kick six to begin with to give them a shot to win it in regulation. Even this year the way Arkansas beat ole miss, only shit like that could happen to benefit Bama. When they lost to LSU in 2011, money back packs took care of that. Name another team that could not win their own division, conference title or even play in it and then get a rematch then not even have toe share the Championship, while Ok State won like like 40 in their last game against a top rated team. Even in 09 they were fortunate many times, especially the UT choking the kicking game multiple times...

Doommmm, despairrrrr, pain & ag-go-kneeee.... :(

OR

Published: January 31, 2016
Updated: Feburary 1, 2016

"The Florida Gators are addressing all of their needs — in a big way — and could wind up in the top five." Joey Johnston of the Tampa Tribune
-----------
"The Gators strongly remain in the running for Burns, Jackson and Mullen. But Jim McElwain’s second recruiting class already has generated enviable returns with 12 early enrollees," ESPN recruiting analyst Tom Luginbill said.
------------

The midterm (12 early enrollee) players for Florida, that’s an astounding figure. When you're trying to build depth in your program, this is such a huge plus. I feel like Florida is competing on both sides of the ball better than they have in years," said longtime recruiting analyst Bobby Burton of 247Sports. (+ the Purdue QB Grad-xfer)
----------------
“Jim McElwain and his staff came late to the process, but they have really gotten after it and built great relationships,’’ ESPN recruiting analyst Derek Tyson said. “They definitely had great needs at multiple spots. What they have done is fill those needs with quality recruits. It’s very impressive.’’

Reactions: Razorback_Nole
DeShaun Watson was a part of Clemson's #17 ranked Class in 2014. Why do people think that you need a top 3 Class to win a Natty? They got there and competed just fine. Let the Coaches coach.
According to ESPN the 2014 Clemson class with bellcow Deshaun Watson was ranked #12. They only had 20 recruits that cycle, but they had some solid prospects in that class. Also Clemson imo has better coaches than Florida atm which helps a lot. After you get the talent you gotta help them take that next step & coach em up.

For those ledge jumpers, UGA hasn't won a championship in what, 30 years? Auburn has only 1 because of Cam. LSU 2? Ole Miss - maybe before I was born? Tenn - 1 (and if wasn't for Stoerner would had been 0).

More like if Weinke would not have broken his neck then Tenn would have 0. The Rooster was lucky to beat Florida in 98, but then his inexperience and lack of talent showed in the NC when he threw 2 ints & 1 pick 6 & the Noles only lost by 7pts.

Last edited:
Reactions: ClutchlikeOBJ
Why do I feel like everyone missed the point of the OP?
It seemed to me he is upset that the coaches fired Muschamp & is also not happy with this years recruiting class by the new coaches. He also very badly wants to say, "I told you so." What else is there to get?

According to this site, the recruits/players on your team atm = this talent ranking for Florida. Not bad considering that Clemson is #13 right behind ya. Just need the coaches to coach em up to break through to the playoffs & SECCG.
http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite

Last edited:
Chris Rumph is your best recruiter & the only 1 kicking butt on the trail this year. He is 8th in the SEC & 19th overall atm. Geoff Collins is 68th, Doug Nussmeirer is 88th & Randy Shannon is 89th. (I thought Shannon with his Miami ties would be much much better) Those are your only coaches in the top 100 in recruiting atm.

Last edited:
Who are these great coaches that Clemson has
Love em or hate him, Dabo connects with these kids. He also has a good staff imo. Solid DC & OC. I mean their former OC that is now a HC was the highest paid OC in the land. They replace him & do not miss a beat. There is also something to be said about stability at the HC position. No turnover helps.

Why do I feel like everyone missed the point of the OP?

Because he comes across like an arrogant douche bag who has repeatedly said that's why he left the board...and constantly threats to leave again.

Seems self absorbed.

What of all of his first hand knowledge and inside info has actually benefitted this board?

I know some on here give him lap dances and ride the jock.

To me its just another person on the internet. He will never make a difference in benefitting my life.

When he does not get overly emotional, about a particular subject/thread or a particular poster, he is quite good.

I like the lad. We may butt heads, but he is one of the good guys.

When he does not get overly emotional, about a particular subject/thread or a particular poster, he is quite good.

I like the lad. We may butt heads, but he is one of the good guys.

I like him as well. Or use to. But some posts have made it to left field. I'm also sick of the threating to leave. Like he needs an ego stroke and needs some to beg him to stay.

Folks come and go on these boards all the time. I don't lose sleep over anybody leaving.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Because he comes across like an arrogant douche bag who has repeatedly said that's why he left the board...and constantly threats to leave again.

Seems self absorbed.

What of all of his first hand knowledge and inside info has actually benefitted this board?

To me its just another person on the internet. He will never make a difference in benefitting my life.
You forgot "condescending."

Seriously, phuck Muschamp. While he did recruit good defensive talent he shat the bed on offense year after year. How does a coach not recruit offensive linemen and let the cupboard go dry there? WTF? No top tiered receivers wanted to come to UF because of the caveman offensive schemes and having a competent offense not only lets you overcome defensive fail nightmare games (and Chump had some of those) but also puts butts in seats and creates interest in the program from both a fan and a recruit's prospective. Offense under Muschamp was abysmal from day one. Total suckage. He was given ample time, he simply didn't produce. USCe, god help you.

Seems self absorbed.

Well, that's it. You're never gettin' an invitation to have wine in the sky box.

Looks like we're only still in the running for Cleveland.

Very good chance we're going to lose Manuel.

Let's hear from Paco now and the rest of the Sunshine Pumpers.

This is THE CLASS that should launch a championship team. If it's not a top three class (and honestly really a number one class) then we're going to be shit out of luck.

All you dumbasses who bought into BONG's equally dumbass "MUSCHAMP MUST GO BECAUSE HE IS THE DEVIL INCARNATE" are going to reap what you sowed.

You stupid f--king bastards.

I hope you're happy.

Pickin' the recruits vs Pickin' your nose....

Muschamp/AU got DE Cowart, while McElwain had to settle for DE Jefferson, so how'd that work out for UF? o_O

DE Byron Cowart ***** ESPN 1/300,
the nation's top recruit last season, struggled in 2015, but UF's key rookies shined with three of them making the Freshman All-SEC squad.
===========

OT/OG Martez Ivey ***** - ESPN 5/300
He missed the first two games after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery in August.
Ivey’s first start (at LG), didn’t come until week 7 at LSU. He started the last 8 games.

DE CeCe Jefferson ***** - ESPN 9/300
29 tackles, 8.5 tackles for loss and 3.5 sacks.

WR Antonio Callaway **** - ESPN 299/300
Callaway was one of the SEC's best deep threats, despite UF's struggles at QB. He finished the season with 678 receiving yards and 4 TD's, but 'he led the league with 19.4 yards per catch.' In SEC play, that number increased to a league-high 22.1. He was also an excellent return man, averaging 15.5 yards per punt return and recording 2 punt return TD's.
~~ The next to the last (299) ESPN Top 300, but he led the SEC in SEC play with 22.1 yds/rec. :eek:

While the 1/300 pick (Cowart) struggled.... :confused:

I'm relaxed and comfortable coming into NSD tomorrow, but then I'm just a clueless 'Sunshine Pumper.' :cool:

Seriously, phuck Muschamp. While he did recruit good defensive talent he shat the bed on offense year after year. How does a coach not recruit offensive linemen and let the cupboard go dry there? WTF? No top tiered receivers wanted to come to UF because of the caveman offensive schemes and having a competent offense not only lets you overcome defensive fail nightmare games (and Chump had some of those) but also puts butts in seats and creates interest in the program from both a fan and a recruit's prospective. Offense under Muschamp was abysmal from day one. Total suckage. He was given ample time, he simply didn't produce. USCe, god help you.
Hells bells chump couldn't even get top flight RUNNING BACKS to come to Florida with his caveman offensive schemes. IMO, you have to go back to C4......maybe Fred Taylor....for the last, best pure running back. That was one of the biggest knocks on Meyer while he was here. He got incredible talent at all positions, but we had no backs who could move the pile in short-yardage situations AND who could take a pitch or handful and break free for a 75-yard TD run. It was either one (Tebow) or the other (Rainey, Demps).

Chump's conservative, defensive-minded style may actually be a good match for a program that cannot expect top recruits every year. His style seems like would work well in a "scarcity" environment.

He may not win championships there, but he might keep them going bowling, more often than not. Anyone at USCe expecting more than that is unrealistic.

Muschamp/AU got DE Cowart, while McElwain had to settle for DE Jefferson, so how'd that work out for UF? o_O

the nation's top recruit last season, struggled in 2015, but UF's key rookies shined with three of them making the Freshman All-SEC squad.
===========

He missed the first two games after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery in August.
Ivey’s first start (at LG), didn’t come until week 7 at LSU. He started the last 8 games.

Callaway was one of the SEC's best deep threats, despite UF's struggles at QB. He finished the season with 678 receiving yards and 4 TD's, but 'he led the league with 19.4 yards per catch.' In SEC play, that number increased to a league-high 22.1. He was also an excellent return man, averaging 15.5 yards per punt return and recording 2 punt return TD's.
~~ The next to the last (299) ESPN Top 300, but he led the SEC in SEC play with 22.1 yds/rec. :eek:

I'm relaxed and comfortable coming into NSD tomorrow, but then I'm just a clueless 'Sunshine Pumper.' :cool:
Insta, "you ignorant slut!" Never let facts get in the way of a good story.

===========

So in order to prove Mac knows talent better than other coaches, you pick out the performance of two consensus 5-stars and a fairly high 4-star player to prove that point? This after telling us for weeks high rated players don't mean shit? This is too brilliant.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT