ADVERTISEMENT

sadgator’s definitive position on the Mullen firing …

sorry Paco…sadgator knows there are enough threads on this…but he felt the need to get his true position on record…

sadgator is seriously butt hurt…he ain’t gonna lie…this one hurts…bad…and sadgator wants to unfairly take out his frustration on those who he feels are foolishly reveling in this…

sadgator has been a loyal member of this board since 2002… he is as honest and true of a Gator fan as you will find….

sadgator isn’t a big money booster or person in the know…he is an average fan of average intelligence who thinks fondly about his time at Florida ‘93 every…single…day…

sadgator sang gator songs at his wedding and raised his kids going to games and loving the motherland….

but sadgator has finally had enough…we literally went through hell for approx. 7 years while two horrible coaches dismantled our identity and eveything we loved about Gator football…

Mullen gave us hope…he knew us…he embraced us…he walked our sidelines during two National Title runs…his staying for the BCSCG was a HUGE part of why we won a title in 2008…like it or not (many can’t acknowledge this)…

He returned with passion and a plan to return us to the program we knew…and for the better part of three years he did that…he spoke of “relentless effort” and a “gator standard” and when he spoke…sadgator believed…and he largely delivered…

Now…after one very shitty season…for whatever reason…he is gone…sadgator honestly believes that impatience was a large part of this…but it doesn’t matter…we are right back where we were 4 years ago…the vocal part of the fan base got what it wanted…

sadgator believes that this was a bad move.

Regardless, sadgator is done. sadgator surrenders. The “war” is over. sadgator has given up. The mob has won. But sadgator will say this…this average, nobody, “dedicated” fan won’t believe one word of this administration or next coaching staff about…”standards” or “efforts” or “anything” anymore.

So congratulations to everyone who wanted this…sadgator hopes you get what you want…

it is apparently all that matters…

but…based on where we’ve been for the past 11 years…sadgator wouldn’t bet on it…
Sad,

1. He got us on probation for the first time in 30 years. Also got a show cause.
2. Lost to UK twice in three years.
3. 2-9 against Power 5 teams in last 11 games. 0-9 against teams not in Tennessee.
4. 2-6 in conference this year.
5. 41st in recruiting this year with players defecting daily.
6. Surly and uncooperative with the media.
7. Fought to keep Grantham.
8. Refuses to play AR.

Do I need to go on? I probably could.

I initially also didn't think about Bob Stoops - too old, re-thread etc. but college football is becoming much more the NFL and European soccer in that a coach really has 1-2 years to make a splash...and maybe not that long in some cases.

Results are exepcted now - in Stoops case, if he came in with a killer staff and he might be here 2-3 years I'd take him.

Sad,

1. He got us on probation for the first time in 30 years. Also got a show cause.
2. Lost to UK twice in three years.
3. 2-9 against Power 5 teams in last 11 games. 0-9 against teams not in Tennessee.
4. 2-6 in conference this year.
5. 41st in recruiting this year with players defecting daily.
6. Surly and uncooperative with the media.
7. Fought to keep Grantham.
8. Refuses to play AR.

Do I need to go on? I probably could.
sadgator admits he didn’t make it easy at times…but that offense though….

college football is becoming much more the NFL and European soccer in that a coach really has 1-2 years to make a splash...
We should totally bring in Ted Lasso…

and holy cow…how freaking totally hot is Keeley…she might be the best of them all…

7e02cfebbfd4a6c8a29c46056baeb26fdec72c64.gifv

0d9571d870dfa1015b0e72a3c0acf32192cad618.gifv

sorry Paco…sadgator knows there are enough threads on this…but he felt the need to get his true position on record…

sadgator is seriously butt hurt…he ain’t gonna lie…this one hurts…bad…and sadgator wants to unfairly take out his frustration on those who he feels are foolishly reveling in this…

sadgator has been a loyal member of this board since 2002… he is as honest and true of a Gator fan as you will find….

sadgator isn’t a big money booster or person in the know…he is an average fan of average intelligence who thinks fondly about his time at Florida ‘93 every…single…day…

sadgator sang gator songs at his wedding and raised his kids going to games and loving the motherland….

but sadgator has finally had enough…we literally went through hell for approx. 7 years while two horrible coaches dismantled our identity and eveything we loved about Gator football…

Mullen gave us hope…he knew us…he embraced us…he walked our sidelines during two National Title runs…his staying for the BCSCG was a HUGE part of why we won a title in 2008…like it or not (many can’t acknowledge this)…

He returned with passion and a plan to return us to the program we knew…and for the better part of three years he did that…he spoke of “relentless effort” and a “gator standard” and when he spoke…sadgator believed…and he largely delivered…

Now…after one very shitty season…for whatever reason…he is gone…sadgator honestly believes that impatience was a large part of this…but it doesn’t matter…we are right back where we were 4 years ago…the vocal part of the fan base got what it wanted…

Regardless, sadgator is done. sadgator surrenders. The “war” is over. sadgator has given up. The mob has won. But sadgator will say this…this average, nobody, “dedicated” fan won’t believe one word of this administration or next coaching staff about…”standards” or “efforts” or “anything” anymore.

So congratulations to everyone who wanted this…sadgator hopes you get what you want…

but…based on where we’ve been for the past 11 years…sadgator wouldn’t bet on it…
hes fired

You cant bring him back

He lost this team for whatever reason, or it appeared liike hed lost the team.
Something wasnt right.

It mightve been a bad move, but the money folks wanted a change - so there you go.

There are no more 'woops' or 'bad years'. Every coach is on the hot seat, every year.

This is admittedly a stretch, but last year, Harbaugh's trajectory at Michigan was looking similar to Mullen's at UF: a strong start that was trending downhill, eventually to a 2-4 record last season. It was a partial season, but that could have gotten ugly.

Maybe Michigan gave him a mulligan due to COVID, but they stuck with him, and this year, he's turned it around. Even good coaches go through down cycles. Only Saban can be good every year.

But at this point, what's done is done. Just don't hire Kiffin.

Reactions: fsu939913
Didn't Stoops retire because he doesn't want to die young like his father? If you can get him, more power to you. But it sounds like he's made his decision.

Finally somebody who is freaking smart about football that I can agree with 110%. It was a stupid move by UF and if they hire a crappy HC I will be burning every UF Gator thing I have and walk away from College Football. This AD is the one who should find another job. He is a puppet of fanatics who has never played this game except on Xboxes and PlayStations.
'Enough Said!!

Finally somebody who is freaking smart about football that I can agree with 110%. It was a stupid move by UF and if they hire a crappy HC I will be burning every UF Gator thing I have and walk away from College Football. This AD is the one who should find another job. He is a puppet of fanatics who has never played this game except on Xboxes and PlayStations.
'Enough Said!!
I would agree with this if Mullen hadn’t already shut it down. I don’t want anybody that doesn’t want to be here.

Reactions: PacoGator19
'Enough Said!!
Sad is a drama queen with soft hands and manicured finger nails who hires out his grass cutting. However that is ok. He is our little Cuk and we love him.

You sound like the drama queen that throws temper tantrums. You seriously going to burn all your Gator gear and walk away from college football because the school and Dan Mullen came to a mutual agreement to divorce?

Take a shot of bourbon, make love to your better half, breathe deep, smoke a stogie, something. It's not that serious.

Last edited:
Sad is a drama queen with soft hands and manicured finger nails who hires out his grass cutting. However that is ok. He is our little Cuk and we love him.

You sound like the drama queen that throws temper tantrums. You seriously going to burn all your Gator year and walk away from college football because the school and Dan Mullen came to a mutual agreement to divorce?

Take a shot of bourbon, make love to your better half, breathe deep, smoke a stogie, something. It's not that serious.
I’ve already checked those boxes.

Reactions: sadgator
We need somebody ASAP to save this years class or it really doesn’t matter much does it? It’s going to be Napier. Strickland doesn’t pull the strings as much as the big $$$$$$$$ boys tell or suggest to him what to do.

We need somebody ASAP to save this years class or it really doesn’t matter much does it? It’s going to be Napier. Strickland doesn’t pull the strings as much as the big $$$$$$$$ boys tell or suggest to him what to do.
Expect the news to leak about 6:30 ish after the Lafayette game is ending.

It will be Napier it appears as long as something crazy doesn't happen like last time but after that Kelly mess you would think Stricklin learned his lesson.

How would you all feel with Tim Tebow being Head Coach? He would attract recruits and I believe he would make a good HC. He brings something that other ppl just don't have..

How would you all feel with Tim Tebow being Head Coach? He would attract recruits and I believe he would make a good HC. He brings something that other ppl just don't have..
Danny Wuerffel as OC. Jevon Kearse as DC. Pouncy Twins as OL coach. Gerard Warren as DL coach. Brandon Spikes as LB coach. Lito Sheppard as DBs coach. Jeff Chandler as K coach. Bubba Caldwell as WR coach. Quez Green as STC. Mike Gillislee as RB coach. Ben Troupe as TE coach. Alex Brown as DE coach.

There.

• Love
Reactions: instaGATOR
Danny Wuerffel as OC. Jevon Kearse as DC. Pouncy Twins as OL coach. Gerard Warren as DL coach. Brandon Spikes as LB coach. Lito Sheppard as DBs coach. Jeff Chandler as K coach. Bubba Caldwell as WR coach. Quez Green as STC. Mike Gillislee as RB coach. Ben Troupe as TE coach. Alex Brown as DE coach.

There.

You know what? Out of shots and giggles, I would make popcorn and watch Tebow as head coach.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
It will be Napier it appears as long as something crazy doesn't happen like last time but after that Kelly mess you would think Stricklin learned his lesson.
Pretty much guaranteed it is Napier. ESPN interviewed Strickland this week. Says he wants someone young to build the program and sustain it for the next 10-15 years. That kind of let the cat out of the bag.

Reactions: Uniformed_ReRe
We have people in here saying they don't want a coach unless they have P5 HC experience, and others saying they would be ok with a guy with literally zero HC experience. Pretty wide variety of opinions.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
This confirms what we all knew. Long article though.

Paul Finebaum can go Fuchs himself for telling us how we're too patient with Napier while saying we weren't patient with Mullen after winning the SEC East.

A lot of sour grapes in there but I bet a lot of it is kind of accurate. Mullen is not great head coach material and should just be an OC and would probably be better suited as an OC in the NFL. Doesnt surprise me if Grantham was that way as he comes off like that. I remember that look he had when Mullen finally manned up and went after him about our defense being a wreck in a 2021 game.

Somehow that article on Mullen is completely mindblowing but exactly what I expected all at the same time.

I actually think the story takes it kind of easy on Mullen, the narrative being all the bad actors were subordinates who he was too stubborn to reign in. If the program’s attitude was as bad as this article states it was on Mullen’s shoulders, the cotton bowl stuff was crazy.

This confirms what we all knew. Long article though.

Paul Finebaum can go Fuchs himself for telling us how we're too patient with Napier while saying we weren't patient with Mullen after winning the SEC East.
1. sadgator stopped reading the article you cited as soon as it started quoting disgruntled players suggesting that part of the reason Mullen left was that Grantham was not interested in Black Lives Matter…

2. How in the hell do people remember these old threads to recall and quote into?!?!?!?…it always amazes sadgator…

3. Man, sadgator was a emo bitch when he started this thread….

4. This thread is funny as hell…

Last edited:
Reactions: grandhavendiddy
1. sadgator stopped reading the article you cited as soon as it started quoting disgruntled players suggesting that part of the reason Mullen left was that Grantham was not interested in Black Lives Matter…

2. How in the hell do people remember these old threads to recall and quote into?!?!?!?…it always amazes sadgator…

The Black Lives Matter stuff is about .01 percent of it. Maybe a lot of this stuff goes on at every program. But the article pretty clearly reflects that Mullen wasn’t interested in doing what was necessary to run a big time program at a high level.

The Black Lives Matter stuff is about .01 percent of it. Maybe a lot of this stuff goes on at every program. But the article pretty clearly reflects that Mullen wasn’t interested in doing what was necessary to run a big time program at a high level.
Look, sadgator has reluctantly come to accept the fact that Mullen had a few issues and was way too loyal to his staff…

But that article has more non-objective unnamed sources than a yellow-journalism hit piece from the late 1890’s…

Reactions: instaGATOR

So I'm skimming this resurrected thread, not realizing it's old, and I see the post from Shime complaining about how bad we played against Samford. Which caused me a bit of consternation, as I didn't realize we had Samford the week before Utah, and also concerned that we evidently looked bad in the game. Then I was confused because when I pulled up the schedule Samford wasn't on it. What a drag it is, getting old...

Look, sadgator has reluctantly come to accept the fact that Mullen had a few issues and was way too loyal to his staff…

But that article has more non-objective unnamed sources than a yellow-journalism hit piece from the late 1890’s…
After reading this report (while not accepting it as gospel), it reads less like he was loyal to his staff and more that he was intimidated by his staff.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT