ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

You really do need Reading Comp 101.

If you had a clue, you'd know that I want RB by committee, not a featured JS.
And you ASSumed incorrectly that I compared Emmitt to anyone, although Rhett and Fred were not far behind him as college RB's at UF. All three had slightly different skill sets, but all were Great Gators imo.

Want to get a little research exercise? Go find me the last primary starting RB at UF that didn't go on to at least get his shot as an NFL RB.
Hint: You'd have to go back before ES to find one....

But anyway, for many reasons, I wouldn't trade any of UF's 2017 RB's for any RB on the crims roster. They wanted Clown-U, then that's where they deserve to be.

Mark Thompson, Jordan Scarlett, Lamical Perine, Malik Davis + maybe Lemons.

I said u insuated. Totally different

So we only get some late good ones if there isn't room at the other places for them you are saying?

I meant to quote your last post. UF has some top tier guys already, but plenty of room for more. Problem is, most top tier guys are already taken. Only a small group of elite guys along with still some good 3* and mid level 4* star guys remain. As they hold out to take their officials some of the programs they are looking at will be filled up. Thus, they will need to look elsewhere. UF is not the only school that should benefit from that scenario. FSU may be able to win the attrition fight with uga for Warner, for example. There will also be some last minute flips and possibly one or solid 3*'s and 4*'s could become available near the end. Guys like Slaton seem to be lined up for your class right now. Hebert could still end up there, but Miami is making a hard run at him, etc. The last week of recruiting season is always a bit crazy.

Recruiting has become a year round deal that starts when kids are in 9th & 10th grade. It involves building relationships with high school coaches and parents and is very tedious and time consuming. Not all really good coaches are really good at modern day recruiting, but that's just the way it is. Time will tell if Coach Mac has what it takes. I've said it before - I like the guy a lot and wish him only the best. But a team will not be a perpetual Top 10 program like UF should be landing only a handful of 4 & 5 star players year in and year out. Some 3 star guys turn out to be great and some 4 & 5's turn out to be busts. But overall, the rating systems are more sophisticated than ever before and Alabama, Ohio State and others who finish in the Top 5 in the recruiting ranking will almost always have teams ranked there as well. Rationalizations are fine, but winning on the field will decide whether he stays or goes. and that comes down to getting enough top level players to beat other teams with top level players.

Regarding the Gaddy twins. They were UT commits for a long time. UT pulled their offers. Breon, the 4* is 50lbs overweight, lazy and slow. His twin is underweight for a DT and rumor was that he has academic issues.

Reactions: MMAAP
Recruiting has become a year round deal that starts when kids are in 9th & 10th grade. It involves building relationships with high school coaches and parents and is very tedious and time consuming. Not all really good coaches are really good at modern day recruiting, but that's just the way it is. Time will tell if Coach Mac has what it takes. I've said it before - I like the guy a lot and wish him only the best. But a team will not be a perpetual Top 10 program like UF should be landing only a handful of 4 & 5 star players year in and year out. Some 3 star guys turn out to be great and some 4 & 5's turn out to be busts. But overall, the rating systems are more sophisticated than ever before and Alabama, Ohio State and others who finish in the Top 5 in the recruiting ranking will almost always have teams ranked there as well. Rationalizations are fine, but winning on the field will decide whether he stays or goes. and that comes down to getting enough top level players to beat other teams with top level players.

Good recruiters get good classes at new schools in the first couple of years without having a former relationship.

Reactions: Michi-Gator
I recommend Reading Comp 101, if Clown-U even bothers with that.

That > UF beat out FSU < was from an article on SEC-Country, not me. However, I'm sure that FSUucks didn't 'beat out' UF for that lying short order Cook crim either, he just wanted to go where the Chief Slap-a-hoe's could hang out and feel right at home.... (and coaching up liars seems to be a strong point for the reFSUcks criminoles, and it always has been).

Hey, I still remember when FSUcks beat out UF for Sammy Smith, so UF had to just settle for Emmitt Smith instead.... :D
And for Cook, it was just a "business decision."

And for Cook, it was just a "business decision."

Yep, a criminole coach got the 'short order cook' to lie through his teeth for a flip on N$D to the crims. And as a reward, the shameous jameous Slap-a-ho's covered for him later.

Giving someone the 'stab-in-the-back' business, is a tallycrappy mainstay imo. o_O
==================

Mc-staff's first 2 recruiting classes at UF:

UF 21 - 12 = 16.5 Ave.

UGA 5 - 8 = 6.5 Ave. -- UF 2-0 UGA (neutral site WLOCP)

LSU 6 - 3 = 4.5 Ave. -- UF 1-1 LSU (both games @ LSU)

FSU 3 - 2 = 2.5 Ave. -- UF 0-2 FSU (that worm will turn again, soon)

Combined -- UF 3 - 3 with teams that are seemingly way out recruiting UF. :confused:

Jus-damn, Mc-staff must be really great coaches to be able to do that.
I mean, the best that those top schools can do against crappy UF is 50/50. :cool:

Yep, a criminole coach got the 'short order cook' to lie through his teeth for a flip on N$D to the crims. And as a reward, the shameous jameous Slap-a-ho's covered for him later.

Giving someone the 'stab-in-the-back' business, is a tallycrappy mainstay imo. o_O
==================

UF 21 - 12 = 16.5 Ave.

Combined -- UF 3 - 3 with teams that are seemingly way out recruiting UF. :confused:

I mean, the best that those top schools can do against crappy UF is 50/50. :cool:

I forget what happened with dante fowler..... Enlighten me.

giphy.gif
And you were wrong/incorrect either/both ways... :rolleyes:

I hope rumors are false. Maybe some informed people here know more. Sounds like about 6 or 7 of our blue chip targets are considered a lost cause for us now and one of our blue chipper commits may not qualify and one may flip on us.

The lone good news is we could pick up a blue chip DT or two possibly.

Last edited:

==================

UF 21 - 12 = 16.5 Ave.

This makes no sense because we haven't played with Macs classes yet. You are always the one to remind us you can't judge them for three years. And you know whether you admit it or not that we have been winning with chumps recruits

the main recruits of his have been playing on offense very young but have been hurt or out of the scene for the most part like Swain..

Blades 85% committed, making final decision on Signing Day

KISSIMMEE, Fla. | Over the last two weeks Pasadena (Calif) Muir cornerback Elijah Blades has taken official visits to Florida and Nebraska. The Rivals100 member has been committed to the Gators since the summer, but he hasn’t completely shut down his recruiting process.

Despite the aforementioned pledge, Blades openly stated that he won't be making a final decision until Signing Day.

“I am looking at it as I am still solid with them [Florida], but I will be doing my final commitment on Signing Day,” explained Blades. “I would say I am like 85-percent committed to Florida.”

Florida played host to Blades and his family earlier this month. The four-star hasn’t been to Gainesville since the summer when he traveled across country to visit for a couple of days. Having the opportunity to get back again helped serve as a reminder as to why he committed to the Gators in the first place.

“The official visit went great and my family really loved it,” said Blades. “I loved it a lot too and they just made me feel at home. I am just part of Florida right now.”

The Florida staff had a big need at cornerback heading into his cycle, and had Blades high on their wish list. During his time on campus the coaching staff continuously brought up the very real possibility of early playing time to Blades.

“They said I can come in and have a chance to start the first game,” explained Blades. “They are going to throw me in early and start me off even in practice going one-on-one with their best players to get me ready. They stressed playing.”

Up next for the Blades family was a trip to Nebraska this past weekend. The Cornhuskers have been the team rumored to have the best chance at flipping Blades commitment.

While there he was able to compare and contrast a few things between the two programs.

“Florida is kind of far away from home and Nebraska is far, but a little bit closer. The coaching is different, the facilities are different, and the kind of coaches at each school are different too.”

Another school that has been lingering in the background is Southern California.

With Blades practicing for the North American Championship game and playing Saturday night it’s unlikely he will be able to officially visit USC before things go quiet on Sunday. However, he didn’t completely dismiss a quick unofficial visit the day he returns.

“I haven’t talked to the coaches there they told me they would hit me up when I got back. It’s only like 20 minutes away, so maybe I could do an unofficial visit or something. I was supposed to officially visit last weekend, but I went to Nebraska. They have some corners leaving so I could have a chance to play.”

With a 'final decision' still looming, it’s obvious the Florida staff still has work to do here. Now that he has three programs sill in play, what will help Blades ultimately decide the best fit for him?

“I am going to look at playing time, what school wants me the most, and some schools are going to visit my parents like Coach Skipper is there today and then Coach Donte [Williams] is going to be there today too.”

Despite the push from the programs, Blades maintains he’s still committed to the Gators. When asked what it is that has kept his commitment intact over the last few months despite the distance between Florida and California, Blades mention his relationship with the Florida coaching staff.

“The loyalty with the coaches has been big,” said Blades. “They haven’t been trying to recruit other corners, they have been recruiting me. It’s my dream school and I would have a chance to play in my freshman year. Coach Skipper helps a lot too because he is my main recruiter. We get along great.”

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/espn-florida-football-recruiting-2017

This is what I was talking about a few minutes ago in the other thread

A few notes about Florida football picked up over the weekend:
1. I don’t mean to beat a dead horse here but the biggest obstacle Jim McElwain is facing on the recruiting trail is facilities. Until Florida catches up the Gators are going to lose good football players to Florida State, Alabama, Auburn, Georgia and the like. I talked to several people who have legitimate concerns about how far behind the Gators have fallen and how this is negatively affecting recruiting. This was the most telling statement I heard from one of the bigger boosters: “While we’re playing catchup, they’re continuing to upgrade facilities that are already much better than what we have here so when we get this new football facility, we’ll still rank around 10 or 11 in the SEC when it comes to facilities.” Someone I consider a true insider to the program told me, “We’re getting a stand alone football facility. Meanwhile at Clemson they’ve got a barber shop in theirs and lots of other bells and whistles. You don’t think kids pay attention to that, then think again.”

2. It’s not a mortal lock, but JaJuan Seider, the running backs coach at West Virginia, should join the Florida coaching staff after national signing day. Florida wants Seider and Seider wants Florida, but if he elected to stay put, it wouldn’t be the first time an assistant coach jilted a Florida head coach. Chances that he’ll be a Gator in February I would say are 80-20 positive.
3. Unless something changes in the next couple of weeks, Jeff Stoutland will be the OL coach. Stoutland’s contract with the Philadelphia Eagles reportedly expires in February so he can’t come to UF now.
4. Why is Florida State consistently outrecruiting the Gators? That question was posed to me a couple of times Saturday while at the O-Dome and I paid the question forward to a couple of others. Here’s the general consensus: (1) FSU has vastly superior facilities to UF and (2) Jimbo Fisher has this unique ability to make both the 2-star recruit and the 5-star recruit feel as if they are the single most important recruit FSU will bring in this year. It’s that personal touch on the recruiting trail that makes it very, very difficult for recruits to say no to Jimbo and FSU. From what I’ve heard, Florida has ground to make up in that category.

This makes no sense because we haven't played with Macs classes yet. You are always the one to remind us you can't judge them for three years. And you know whether you admit it or not that we have been winning with chumps recruits

Yep, not a single one of Mc's recruits have played a single down for the Gators yet, and none of the musclecramps have moved on yet either. You're just to smart for me... :rolleyes:

Per Zach at SEC Country: (posted on the previous page)

UF shot up the team rankings with that huge haul, finishing with the No. 21 class in the country. Of the 21 signees, 8 played in games as a true freshman and made a total of 28 starts. Last season, 18 of the 20 signees from McElwain’s first class saw action and started 72 games in 2016. So in total, the Gators have gotten 100 starts from just that 1st group over the past two years.

Last edited:
TH is obviously Mc's fault, just as Grier's PUBAR was.
He recruited 2 QB's, then played two xfers to try to fill in the gap.
And all he did with those QB's is win 20 games (I count Pres) and beat the snot outta Iowa in the bowl, with many of his recruits playing in that game. They included all of the LB's, (except for backup McMilian) CeCe, Zuniga, K.Davis, Clayton, and who was it that got 2 Ints, including a Pic-6,,, I forget... o_O

Now, who recruited Callaway, Cleveland, Massey, Hammond, Swain, Thompson, Scarlett, Perine, J.Taylor, McCoy, F.Johnson, T.Jordan, Ivey, etc...o_O

Last edited:
the facilities excuse is such a cop out...sorry. Georgia doesn't seem to have much problems recruiting. Do they even have a practice facility or a dedicated football office? Our facilities are probably better than UF's but they are no where near Bama's or LSU's...didn't stop us, even before we built them, we were still kicking *** and taking names. Coffee is for closers.

Reactions: bradleygator
Just in case you haven't noticed it before, very few here G-a-S about what any criminole thinks or says about their big brothers.

I for one don't think that UF's facilities are that far behind anyone else.
And if they are, that hasn't stopped them from winning 3 NC's in the last 20 years, along with more SEC-C's than any team but Satan's red-tide.

Especially when you compare the academics to Deion Rule Clown-U's.
And the SWAMP is miles above that erector set on Ron Zook Field, at Joke Shambles Stadium.

Much of the difference in football facilities is because UF has chosen to be a complete and competitive All Sports Program, instead of just another weak academics phootball factory for the gud-chrischan-boyz in talleycrappy... :cool:

Just in case you haven't noticed it before, very few here G-a-S about what any criminole thinks or says about their big brothers.

And if they are, that hasn't stopped them from winning 3 NC's in the last 20 years, along with more SEC-C's than any team but Satan's red-tide.

And the SWAMP is miles above that erector set on Ron Zook Field, at Joke Shambles Stadium.

Much of the difference in football facilities is because UF has chosen to be a complete and competitive All Sports Program, instead of just another weak academics phootball factory for the gud-chrischan-boyz in talleycrappy... :cool:

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...

Excellent! A criminoles natural state has been achieved. o_O
Now stay that way... :p

takei-lol.gif

Reactions: Dr. Nole

Actually, at a lot of schools with huge revenue producing football programs, that money can and IS used not only to install state-of-the-art football facilities, but ALSO upgrades for all other sports AND contributions back to the academic side of things. Speaking as a cradle-to-grave Big Red Husker fan with season tickets in Gainesville (wife's idea), there's no conceivable reason Florida can't do the same. I doubt this has been lost, for example, on young Mr. Blades.

Actually, at a lot of schools with huge revenue producing football programs, that money can and IS used not only to install state-of-the-art football facilities, but ALSO upgrades for all other sports AND contributions back to the academic side of things. Speaking as a cradle-to-grave Big Red Husker fan with season tickets in Gainesville (wife's idea), there's no conceivable reason Florida can't do the same. I doubt this has been lost, for example, on young Mr. Blades.

Well, UF has finished in the Top 10 for the Directors Cup for the last 33 consecutive years. How many years in the Top 10 finishers for the corn-holers, consecutive or not? o_O

And IF Blades chooses to be a corn-holer instead of a Gator, that's up to him. UF will continue to be DB-U, with or without him, but I'm still betting he's a Gator on NSD.
IF he flips to the corn-holers, then the NCAA should be tooking for the cancelled check... ;)
=============

Saving the best for last? Jim McElwain landed 7 commitments on signing day in his 1st recruiting class, setting the UF record. This year Mc could get 8 or more NSD pledges, breaking his own old record and setting a new one.
On NSD, the signed LOI's talks, while the months long bs walks...

On the new Gator OL coach. The solid commit from Charlotte, N.C. OT T.J. Moore has said "I think coach Mc knows who it's going to be. He just can’t tell me or can’t release it but he said that the coach would be like the rest of the coaching staff and would be a great person. There’s a lot he said, but I’m not sure if I can say everything.”

OT/OG Kai-Leon Herbert de-committed from Mich and will visit UF instead on the final weekend. UF lean.

Dear recruiting cliff jumpers, you need to read this article, then take deep breaths...
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-offensive-line-coaching-hire-tj-moore-recruiting

And if you're a 'hard-case' worrier that still needs more, try this one:
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/elijah-conliffe-florida-gators-football-recruiting-visit.

===============

DE Zach Carter - solid commit
DT T.J. Moore - solid commit
-------
DT Elijah Conliffe - UF - TN - UL - PSU all still in the mix.
DT Tedarrell 'T.J.' Slaton - a UF lean for NSD.
DT Tyrone Tuesdell - still possible - Augusta, GA
DT Devonte Wyatt - will visit on last weekend, currently a UGA commit. - Decatur, GA

DE LaBryan Ray - Madison, AL - UA-AA
DE K'Lavon Chaisson - Houston, TX - UA-AA - UF bumped USCw for his visit. His other offers that are still in his mix include: LSU - TX - Colo
DE Markaviest Bryant - still possible - Cordele, GA
DE Jarez Parks - still possible - Sabastian, FL
===============

If/when Mc fills out this class, I believe that I'm really not going to care where any of the ranking services decide to put them, cause I'm gonna be real happy with them anyway. Solidifying both lines is huge IMO, and this class looks like it will have done that...

Spring Game set for Friday night, April 7th.

Last edited:
Well, UF has finished in the Top 10 for the Directors Cup for the last 33 consecutive years. How many years in the Top 10 finishers for the corn-holers, consecutive or not? o_O

And IF Blades chooses to be a corn-holer instead of a Gator, that's up to him. UF will continue to be DB-U, with or without him, but I'm still betting he's a Gator on NSD.
IF he flips to the corn-holers, then the NCAA should be tooking for the cancelled check... ;)
=============

Saving the best for last? Jim McElwain landed 7 commitments on signing day in his 1st recruiting class, setting the UF record. This year Mc could get 8 or more NSD pledges, breaking his own old record and setting a new one.
On NSD, the signed LOI's talks, while the months long bs walks...

On the new Gator OL coach. The solid commit from Charlotte, N.C. OT T.J. Moore has said "I think coach Mc knows who it's going to be. He just can’t tell me or can’t release it but he said that the coach would be like the rest of the coaching staff and would be a great person. There’s a lot he said, but I’m not sure if I can say everything.”

OT/OG Kai-Leon Herbert de-committed from Mich and will visit UF instead on the final weekend. UF lean.

Dear recruiting cliff jumpers, you need to read this article, then take deep breaths...
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/florida-gators-offensive-line-coaching-hire-tj-moore-recruiting

And if you're a 'hard-case' worrier that still needs more, try this one:
https://www.seccountry.com/florida/elijah-conliffe-florida-gators-football-recruiting-visit.

===============

DE Zach Carter - solid commit
DT T.J. Moore - solid commit
-------
DT Elijah Conliffe - UF - TN - UL - PSU all still in the mix.
DT Tedarrell 'T.J.' Slaton - a UF lean for NSD.
DT Tyrone Tuesdell - still possible - Augusta, GA
DT Devonte Wyatt - will visit on last weekend, currently a UGA commit. - Decatur, GA

DE LaBryan Ray - Madison, AL - UA-AA
DE K'Lavon Chaisson - Houston, TX - UA-AA - UF bumped USCw for his visit. His other offers that are still in his mix include: LSU - TX - Colo
DE Markaviest Bryant - still possible - Cordele, GA
DE Jarez Parks - still possible - Sabastian, FL
===============

If/when Mc fills out this class, I believe that I'm really not going to care where any of the ranking services decide to put them, cause I'm gonna be real happy with them anyway. Solidifying both lines is huge IMO, and this class looks like it will have done that...

Spring Game set for Friday night, April 7th.

How very seven-ish of you. Never mind nonsensical.

In one post you defend the sorry state of Gator football facilities by saying they use the money for other sports. In response to a suggestion that there's probably enough to go around, you note the success of those other sports (along with silly name calling).

So, if all those other sports are doing so well (which I applaud, btw, we are Gator fans too), why again can't the Gators use some of their football revenues to improve football facilities? tia

Right now looking like a lot of misses and plan Bs, still a week to go though

Yep I wonder what Mac will do. Will he sign some extra 3 stars we weren't really that high on late just so we have some numbers in the class or will we end up with a class of just 21 or so? I guess we can hold out hope he picks up quite a few more blue chippers but not too sure more than a few is going to happen now.

Yep I wonder what Mac will do. Will he sign some extra 3 stars we weren't really that high on late just so we have some numbers in the class or will we end up with a class of just 21 or so? I guess we can hold out hope he picks up quite a few more blue chippers but not too sure more than a few is going to happen now.

Looks like we are missing on Concliffe, Henderson ans Herbert. Richt and da U outdoing us right now. Still holding out hope Blades sticks but that looks iffy at best right now

What a clown show. Collins leaves and we waited a month and left uncertainty for defensive recruits knowing we were hiring Shannon the whole time. Why do that? Then Summers interviewed at South Carolina back in December and all the 'insiders' claimed he was being pushed out and we already had somebody lined up now here we are still with no OL coach. And one of our top targets on the OL is canceling his visit because of it.

I thought Mac was telling the kids who it was and that they would be here just after signing day.

you'd be amazed at how many sunshiners we have spreading both of those around

im actually amazed how many more Gator fans think Mac is saban if you listen to them talk

I thought Mac was telling the kids who it was and that they would be here just after signing day.

Well that's what most staffs would do. Not us though, we're down two assistants already, pulling coaches off the trail with no replacement, and then asking recruits to 'trust we'll have a good coach' when they ask who the hell is gonna be coaching their position. It's dumb.

Reactions: Uswagpak
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT