ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

15439835_1752829928373877_5821208922097019183_n.jpg

Mac said that having a class outside the top-20 with 7 weeks to go is still "pretty cool" because the coaches are out there recruiting their "tales off."

Reactions: kellylexy
Florida Commits win FL state Championships:

TE Kemore Gamble 8A State Champion
CB Shawn Davis 8A State Champion
QB Jake Allen 7A State Champion
CB Marco Wilson 5A State Champion
OLB James Houston IV 5A State Champion, UA-AA
Wilson/Houston Teammate is still considering UF:
#29 OT Kai-Leon Herbert **** - (Mich commit)

How good (quality?) are the Gator 2017 commits?
With only 14 in the class, 247 has them ranked with the #20 class.

ESPN has #16 UF with 6 Top 300's, and 11 total as 4 stars. One of the 3 stars is an UA-AA and another is the Hillsborough Co. (Tampa) All Time Career Rushing Yards Record holder.
Makes me wonder how good this class could be IF Mc-staff could just recruit? :rolleyes: ----------- On NSD we'll find out about recruit ranking,,,, with nothing but constant sniveling before that date. And then in the coming 4 years, we'll actually get to SEE how good or bad those recruits turn out to be.... o_O

Right now we trail 7 of our 12 opponents from this upcoming 2017 season in Rivals recruiting. :eek:

Right now we trail 7 of our 12 opponents from this upcoming 2017 season in Rivals recruiting. :eek:

OH MY FREAKIN' GAWD. That's a TOTAL DISASTER. THEY'RE DOOMED!!! :confused:

How could I have over-looked that critically important stat in my consideration of the pre-NSD recruit classes various rankings.... :confused:

we just took the worst beating since over 20 years ago in the schools history, there ain't no way anyone is defending the future and where it's headed right now, especially when the only thing teams can look ahead too... we don't have it and are doing AWFUL in it, recruiting is bad. Coaches are bad, not getting good players is bad, it's bad.

we just took the worst beating since over 20 years ago in the schools history, there ain't no way anyone is defending the future and where it's headed right now, especially when the only thing teams can look ahead too... we don't have it and are doing AWFUL in it, recruiting is bad. Coaches are bad, not getting good players is bad, it's bad.

And that's so totally cluleses of a pack bs claims that it doesn't deserve a real response, above this kind of response anyway....
hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

I just typed in tony joiners name two nights ago and he was involved with a murder too that I forgot about, he used to date one my me ex's friends, she was into killers obviously... she used to mess with Hernandez too

Was anyone posting here in 2014 defending Muschamp like some people are trying to defend Mac now?

Cause EVERYBODY knows that even a half-way decent coach, NEVER loses games like that.

1990 UF 3 - 45 Tennis-sea (-42), UF 30 - 45 FSU.
1991 UF 21 - 38 Syracuse & UF 28 - 39 ND Sugar Bowl -- how embarrassing. :oops:
1992 UF 6 - 30 MsSt - Should have been fired like Zook was later on. :rolleyes:
1995 UF 24 - 62 (-38) Neb mNC :eek: -- His 6th season at UF o_O
1999 UF 7 - 34 Bama SEC-C :(
2000 UF 7 - 30 FSU :(

2005 UF 3 - 31 Bama (-28) :eek:
2009 UF 13 - 32 Bama (-19) SEC-C in Tebow's Sr season. :(
2010 UF 6 - 31 Bama, UF 7 - 10 MsSt, UF 14 - 36 SCa, UF 7 - 31 FSU :eek:

2016 UF16 - 54 Bama (-38) SEC-C -- His 2nd season at UF

But hey, keep on listening to the clueless twits, while they hate on Mc-staff... :rolleyes:

Reactions: ZeusGator
Cause EVERYBODY knows that even a half-way decent coach, NEVER loses games like that.

1990 UF 3 - 45 Tennis-sea (-42), UF 30 - 45 FSU.
1991 UF 21 - 38 Syracuse & UF 28 - 39 ND Sugar Bowl -- how embarrassing. :oops:
1992 UF 6 - 30 MsSt - Should have been fired like Zook was later on. :rolleyes:
1995 UF 24 - 62 (-38) Neb mNC :eek: -- His 6th season at UF o_O
1999 UF 7 - 34 Bama SEC-C :(
2000 UF 7 - 30 FSU :(

2005 UF 3 - 31 Bama (-28) :eek:
2009 UF 13 - 32 Bama (-19) SEC-C in Tebow's Sr season. :(
2010 UF 6 - 31 Bama, UF 7 - 10 MsSt, UF 14 - 36 SCa, UF 7 - 31 FSU :eek:

2016 UF16 - 54 Bama (-38) SEC-C -- His 2nd season at UF

But hey, keep on listening to the clueless twits, while they hate on Mc-staff... :rolleyes:

Look, People bitched when Spurrier lost 2 games in a year. This clown has lost at least 4 games in each of his first two years. Nuss has overseen 3 straight seasons of offense in the 100s including this years 115th. We are in the worst recruiting streak at UF since rating services. Where is all this 'trust' for the coaches supposed to come from???

Look, People bitched when Spurrier lost 2 games in a year. This clown has lost at least 4 games in each of his first two years. Nuss has overseen 3 straight seasons of offense in the 100s including this years 115th. We are in the worst recruiting streak at UF since rating services. Where is all this 'trust' for the coaches supposed to come from???

It is such an ironic post....Spurrier was building a program from nothing. There was no decades of tradition or success, in fact the program was in trouble. But he changed the culture, built a program, and changed the conference. What he have now is Spurrier's process in reverse, we are reverting back to the pre-Spurrier days.

Well then, let me again join your all in calling for the firing the entire coaching staff today.

Then we should follow that up with the next most logical step.
Shut down the football program at UF and concentrate on the sports that show UF in a positive light.

That, or just continue to be the usual 'spoiled entitled' fans, that have become the standard in today's upside-down world. :cool:

It is such an ironic post....Spurrier was building a program from nothing. There was no decades of tradition or success, in fact the program was in trouble. But he changed the culture, built a program, and changed the conference. What he have now is Spurrier's process in reverse, we are reverting back to the pre-Spurrier days.

UF had not had a single losing season since a full decade before SOS arrived.
UF was named the mNC by 7 different organizations in 1984.
Spurrier has always bragged about how many great players he had on his 1990 team, he's NEVER claimed that the cupboard was bare when he got to UF.

His -38 point loss was in his 6th season. Every player on that team was recruited by him and his staff.
While Mc was left a total cluster on offense. 4 starting QB in 2 years, no OL to speak of, 7 different WR coaches in the previous 7 years, and on and on.....

I'm not dissing on SOS or Meyer for their lopsided game losses, and nobody here should be dissing on Mc in his 2nd season for his. o_O

And has NSD come and gone but I missed it?
This is like saying that we're ahead in the game at half time... So what?
UF's class, even at this early date and with only 14 commits so far, still has the #16 ranked class, which puts it around the upper 12% of all D1 teams. But of course, adding another 10-12 recruits by NSD won't improve that ranking at all I'm sure.... :rolleyes:

Someone asked me somewhere in a thread (?) why Jake Allen didn't have a load of top offers?

~ Why does QB Jake Allen 6-3 210 have so few big time offers from other Power 5 Conf. teams?

The Elite 11 QB has been pledged to the Gators since the summer of 2015. He never wavered later that fall when they had three quarterbacks on the roster and two committed for 2016.
When he committed to UF, he also started to recruit others to be Gators, and that has also never wavered. {if you were a coach, would you waste your time with an offer or trying to flip him?}

Allen is not deterred by the struggles on offense with OC Nussmeier, his primary recruiter and future position coach. He expressed confidence in his offensive system and play-calling. “Just sitting down and talking about offense with him, you can tell he knows his stuff,” Allen said of Nussmeier. “From what I see on TV, at games and going to the practices, everything is there. Players just have to go out and execute the scheme on Saturday. Doing it on a big stage isn’t easy to do, but it has to get done, and it will.”
==============

UF is again projected to lose 2 DB's to early departure to the NFL.
CB Tabor and CB Wilson are projected to both go in the 1st round.
After losing VHIII and Keanu Neal last season to the 1st round, how does UF again replace the holes in the secondary that includes rsSr AA Marcus Maye.

CB Tabor allowed a 51.3% compeltion rate in 2016.
CB/Nic Duke Dawson allowed a 51.3% compeltion rate in 2016.
Dawson was only penalized once and missed just 2 tackles.
While he did give up 2 TD passes, he also had a pick-6.
Pro Football Focus (PFF) Dawson 87.2 - Tabor 79.8 - Wilson 72.9, so the cupboard is not empty.

Besides the other good DB already on the roster, you have Fr Chauncey Gardener. Gardner, who was a 4-star recruit and the #4 CB in the 2016 signing class, made an interception at FSU and might be the fastest guy on the team.
To those guys you have a very strong incoming class of DB's.

It's a wonder anybody spends millions on coaching if all it takes is players executing to be a good team. Isn't it funny how some coaches players' seem to always 'execute'? I guess for three straight years Nuss has just been unlucky and keeps getting stuck with these damn players who can't execute. Poor him.

Reactions: Michi-Gator
And has NSD come and gone but I missed it?
This is like saying that we're ahead in the game at half time... So what?
UF's class, even at this early date and with only 14 commits so far, still has the #16 ranked class, which puts it around the upper 12% of all D1 teams. But of course, adding another 10-12 recruits by NSD won't improve that ranking at all I'm sure.... :rolleyes:

Well right now we are in the lower 50% of SEC recruiting. Our rightful place should be top 4 in SEC recruiting every single year.

Same people

I assume you're including me.

By 2014, I had begun discussing that modern college football has no room for young defensive minded coordinators to become head coaches. Too much offensive change that can't be easily overcome by someone like that.

I'm also going to assume that "defending Mac" means "not in full blown apocalyptic melt-down mode and feel the need to be snide and bitch about it every 5 minutes.

Reactions: miksta
I assume you're including me.

By 2014, I had begun discussing that modern college football has no room for young defensive minded coordinators to become head coaches. Too much offensive change that can't be easily overcome by someone like that.

I'm also going to assume that "defending Mac" means "not in full blown apocalyptic melt-down mode and feel the need to be snide and bitch about it every 5 minutes.

10256687.jpg

Seriously though, we all saw you demonstrate patience with Muschamp. And you are being consistent with Mac, but I know you see what we see.

I'm normally not impetuous and impatient by nature. It's just that I see so clearly what needs to be done and it's damned frustrating watching nothing change week after week, year after year.

Those of us here that played or coached recently seem to be the most bothered by it.

10256687.jpg

Seriously though, we all saw you demonstrate patience with Muschamp. And you are being consistent with Mac, but I know you see what we see.

I'm normally not impetuous and impatient by nature. It's just that I see so clearly what needs to be done and it's damned frustrating watching nothing change week after week, year after year.

Those of us here that played or coached recently seem to be the most bothered by it.

No no. I've already advocated for a change if it's the right one.

UF had not had a single losing season since a full decade before SOS arrived.
UF was named the mNC by 7 different organizations in 1984.
Spurrier has always bragged about how many great players he had on his 1990 team, he's NEVER claimed that the cupboard was bare when he got to UF.

His -38 point loss was in his 6th season. Every player on that team was recruited by him and his staff.
While Mc was left a total cluster on offense. 4 starting QB in 2 years, no OL to speak of, 7 different WR coaches in the previous 7 years, and on and on.....

I'm not dissing on SOS or Meyer for their lopsided game losses, and nobody here should be dissing on Mc in his 2nd season for his. o_O

He deserves blame for the # 115 offenses and sub par SEC recruiting so far.

Reactions: GatorNation79
Going into another season with another unproven QB or even worse another below average one is not very promising...Mac gets a 3rd season but if it's not different looking then he has to go. Offense that looks like shit and bad recruiting is not a good combination...we'll see how we close out recruiting but the direction doesn't look very great.

Reactions: Gator Fever
Going into another season with another unproven QB or even worse another below average one is not very promising...Mac gets a 3rd season but if it's not different looking then he has to go. Offense that looks like shit and bad recruiting is not a good combination...we'll see how we close out recruiting but the direction doesn't look very great.
So when I say bad recruiting...just for INSTA if you're not great then it's bad.

I woke up with 24 alerts on here, most action this board has seen in years.

JUCO signing day:

Auburn landed the #1 player, Stidham & #2 TE.

Miss State landed the two top 5 DT's & #1 WDE & #6 WDE, and #11 OT, #18 OL.

Alabama got the #1 OT and #1 DE.

South Carolina signed the #3 CB, #4 OLB, & #6 OT.

Ole Miss signed 3 JUCO's: #7 CB, #4 ILB, and #4 DE.

Arkansas: #1 TE, #2 WR (6'4 225lbs), #6 WR (talk about "fixing" your offense!)

Texas A&M: #2 SDE

Missouri signed a DE & DT, & OT.

Kentucky signed a DT.

UGA signed the #6 OL.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mac must know they have a bunch of blue chip DT's ready to flip on or before signing day. Maybe he is pulling the FSU thing about telling teams that you are still with them despite the flip coming.

JUCO signing day:

Auburn landed the #1 player, Stidham & #2 TE.

Miss State landed the two top 5 DT's & #1 WDE & #6 WDE, and #11 OT, #18 OL.

Alabama got the #1 OT and #1 DE.

South Carolina signed the #3 CB, #4 OLB, & #6 OT.

Ole Miss signed 3 JUCO's: #7 CB, #4 ILB, and #4 DE.

Arkansas: #1 TE, #2 WR (6'4 225lbs), #6 WR (talk about "fixing" your offense!)

Texas A&M: #2 SDE

Missouri signed a DE & DT, & OT.

Kentucky signed a DT.

UGA signed the #6 OL.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mac must know they have a bunch of blue chip DT's ready to flip on or before signing day. Maybe he is pulling the FSU thing about telling teams that you are still with them despite the flip coming.

Will the good news ever stop for us?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT