ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Thread

ocalaman

Bull Gator
Sep 4, 2002
Since tomorrow is National Signing Day, I figured some would be posting about who we did and didn't sign. I'll start things by reporting that Texas wide receiver D J Allen, who was down to choosing between Florida and TCU, committed to TCU today. https://theathletic.com/news/tcu-tops-florida-for-4-star-wr-dj-allen/Uu7S4ORNGMFH/

Meanwhile Jacksonville Bolles DE/OLB Jack Pyburn became the first Bolles player in a long time, if ever, coming to Gainesville by committing to the Gators this afternoon, choosing UF over Miami & Auburn.

Last edited:
I just want to add a few more. If Billy passes Norvell with his transition class, well, that isn’t good for F$U

OL Jalen Farmer & RB Trevor Etienne were both supposed to sign at 9 am and so far neither has done so. I noticed Etienne's time has been moved back to 10 am, so something should be coming through on him any minute. Both have been committed to Florida for quite a while. 2 important names due to sign at 10:30 that could be an indicator of how today is going to play out: 4 star RB Tre'Vonte Citizen, long expected to be an LSU signee, is now being shown as a potential flip to Florida; and 4 star DL Caden Story, who was originally choosing between Clemson & Auburn, now has Florida in the mix due to Patrick Toney's efforts. The prediction is still Clemson, but he would be a huge get for the Gators.

Reactions: mcanes
Would be nice to grab one of the kids not committed, but as long as we get the commits signed then still a good day, especially considering where we were 7 weeks ago.

DL Shemar Stewart, the #10-rated overall player in the 2022 class, from Monsignor Pace, FL HS, just signed with Texas A&M. He chose the Aggies over Alabama, Miami, LSU and Georgia. Florida was not in the running for him, but commentators say he and Harold Perkins are friends and may have decided to go to the same school. If that's true, not good news for the Gators. They also just announced that this Texas A&M recruiting class has now become the highest rated class of all time.

DL Shemar Stewart, the #10-rated overall player in the 2022 class, from Monsignor Pace, FL HS, just signed with Texas A&M. He chose the Aggies over Alabama, Miami, LSU and Georgia. Florida was not in the running for him, but commentators say he and Harold Perkins are friends and may have decided to go to the same school. If that's true, not good news for the Gators. They also just announced that this Texas A&M recruiting class has now become the highest rated class of all time.
I think Perkins is going to LSU but it is recruiting and money/NIL is being thrown around now and A&M has more than anybody.

Great, now we have Texas AM all up in Florida.....

Miami can have Citizen, Stewart is a huge miss by Cristobal. That was the one recruit they had to have today.

DL Shemar Stewart - chose the Aggies
commentators say he and Harold Perkins are friends and may have decided to go to the same school. If that's true, not good news for the Gators.
Ocala,

Commentators say many things; few of which are true; most of them are just designed to get them air time / recognition.

Point in case - TreVonte' Citizen picking Miami.

Why didn't ANY of these great & knowledgeable commentators - the same ones who no doubt are aware of Perkins secret pledge to "play with Stewart", pick Miami as Citizen's destination ?

Perkins originally committed, to Aggies; IMO - I'm now acting as a commentator - LOL, Gators have no chance with Perkins; he was just checking out the NIL money & taking a free trip.

Also, as you pointed out, Gators were not in the running for Stewart; therefor, since he wasn't coming to Gainesville, there wasn't ANY good news for the Gators no matter where he ended up !

As a destination for Stewart or Perkins, are the Aggies any worse than Georgia - whom we play every year ?

Ocala,

Commentators say many things; few of which are true; most of them are just designed to get them air time / recognition.

Point in case - TreVonte' Citizen picking Miami.

Why didn't ANY of these great & knowledgeable commentators - the same ones who no doubt are aware of Perkins secret pledge to "play with Stewart", pick Miami as Citizen's destination ?

Perkins originally committed, to Aggies; IMO - I'm now acting as a commentator - LOL, Gators have no chance with Perkins; he was just checking out the NIL money & taking a free trip.

Also, as you pointed out, Gators were not in the running for Stewart; therefor, since he wasn't coming to Gainesville, there wasn't ANY good news for the Gators no matter where he ended up !

As a destination for Stewart or Perkins, are the Aggies any worse than Georgia - whom we play every year ?
I wasn't taking a position one way or another - just reporting what was said, not only on TV, but on a recruiting thread I've been following, including the comment that if the speculation is true it's not good news for the Gators. You're statements are true, just don't shoot the messenger.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
Great, now we have Texas AM all up in Florida.....
Where are the recruits coming from?

QB Max Brown - Tulsa OK

TE Hayden Hansen - Weatherford, TX

RB Trevor Etienne - Jennings, LA

OG Jalen Farmer - Covington, GA

S Miguel Mitchell - Oxford, AL

OLB/SDE Jack PyBurn - Jacksonville, FL

DB Jalen Kinber - Mansfield, TX / UGly

OL O'Cyrus Torrence - Greensburg, LA / ULL

RB Montrell Johnson - New Orleans, LA / ULL

OL Kamryn Waites - Dallas, TX / ULL

QB Jack Miller - Scottsdale, AZ / tOSU

ILB Shemar James - Mobile, AL

DL Chris McClellan - Owasso, OK - EE

S Kamari Wilson - Ft Pierce, FL - EE

CB Devin Moore - Naples, FL - EE

DT Jamari Lyons - Viera, FL

K/P Trey Smack - Severna Park, MD

OT David Conner - Atlanta, GA

OL Christian Willams - Missouri City, TX

TE Tony Livingston - Tampa, FL

DL Andrew Savainaea - Graham, WA
=====

WR Caleb Douglas - Missouri City, TX - announced but NLI not in yet

Also listed in this class but already on roster and played in 2021
DL Tyrone Truesdell - Agusta, GA / AU

=====

So while other teams can get recruits from Florida, it's not like we don't raid other state too.

Only 5 were taken from Florida in this class.....

Last edited:
Where are the recruits coming from?

QB Max Brown - Tulsa OK

TE Hayden Hansen - Weatherford, TX

RB Trevor Etienne - Jennings, LA

OG Jalen Farmer - Covington, GA

S Miguel Mitchell - Oxford, AL

OLB/SDE Jack PyBurn - Jacksonville, FL

DB Jalen Kinber - Mansfield, TX / UGly

OL O'Cyrus Torrence - Greensburg, LA / ULL

RB Montrell Johnson - New Orleans, LA / ULL

OL Kamryn Waites - Dallas, TX / ULL

QB Jack Miller - Scottsdale, AZ / tOSU

ILB Shemar James - Mobile, AL

DL Chris McClellan - Owasso, OK - EE

S Kamari Wilson - Ft Pierce, FL - EE

CB Devin Moore - Naples, FL - EE

DT Jamari Lyons - Viera, FL

K/P Trey Smack - Severna Park, MD

OT David Conner - Atlanta, GA

OL Christian Willams - Missouri City, TX

TE Tony Livingston - Tampa, FL
=====

DL Andrew Savainaea - Graham, WA - committed, but not signed

WR Caleb Douglas - Missouri City, TX - announced but NLI not in yet

Also listed in this class but already on roster and played in 2021
DL Tyrone Truesdell - Agusta, GA / AU

=====

So while other teams can get recruits from Florida, it's not like we don't raid other state too.

Only 5 were taken from Florida in this class.....
I don't disagree with that. My point is traditionally Texas AM hasn't recruited super strong in Florida. Now they are joining all the others that raid Florida.

Reactions: instaGATOR
I don't disagree with that. My point is traditionally Texas AM hasn't recruited super strong in Florida. Now they are joining all the others that raid Florida.
That TX NIL oil money running through the halls at aTm might be a cause?
How else did they get 7 that are 5-star 247 rated???
(UA = 4 --- UG = 5)
While 247 has ZERO 5-stars going to UF....

Quality Character & Talent First - Where they are coming from a distant 2nd.
JMOHO of course....

Damn, ESPN still has us ranked last in the SEC, just slightly behind Vandy. Good job from where we were, but this will be our lowest class since rankings began.

Harold Perkins just announced for LSU. Too bad. Also, OL Matt McCoy from St. Augustine Creekside just signed with Miami over Florida.

Harold Perkins just announced for LSU. Too bad. Also, OL Matt McCoy from St. Augustine Creekside just signed with Miami over Florida.

Not sure McCoy had a committable offer and I did not think anyone was expecting him, anyways. Only recruit I’m annoyed about is Citizen as he was being pegged by everyone to UF. Didn’t expect anyone else major today.

The only players left on the board as far as I know are Safety Jacoby Matthews, who is announcing at 7 pm and California combo athlete Arlis Boardingham, 6'4", 220 lb., who has said he's not signing today, but will be choosing between Florida and Oregon.
Overall, this has been a pretty solid class, especially when you consider the portal signees in combination with the high school kids signed. Disappointed we couldn't get any huge flips at the end, but when you think about the mess this class was in when Napier took over and the short amount of time to salvage his transition class, I think it turned out fairly well.

Not sure McCoy had a committable offer and I did not think anyone was expecting him, anyways. Only recruit I’m annoyed about is Citizen as he was being pegged by everyone to UF. Didn’t expect anyone else major today.
Two of the Gator website showed McCoy as having a Florida offer, but 90% prediction to Miami. I think we just got on him too late, which is probably the case with a lot of the kids. Give Napier and "army" a year to build relationships and I expect a dynamite class next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT