ADVERTISEMENT

Recruitin'

Tennessee just lost another DE. They will probably redouble their efforts on Jordan.

Well we still have some big guys out there that are possible. I just don't know how many will choose us.

It looks like it is going to be a good class but I'll wait until NSD to judge but I really like the EEs we are getting in right now. We are signing a bunch of players. I think we will see quite a few guys processed (transfer out).

Top 3. Part of that will be due to numbers. (and I don't necessarily mean you, LOL)

I'd be absolutely shocked by top 3 in the best possible way. Only chance of that is a PERFECT finish with a few upside surprises and quite a few of our current 3 star commits being asked to look elsewhere.

Any finish in the top ten is a good finish. Too much depends on which guys make it to enrollment and how they pan out after that. No need to get too caught up in a #10 finish vs a #1 finish

Last edited:
I'd be absolutely shocked by top 3 in the best possible way. Only chance of that is a PERFECT finish with a few upside surprises and quite a few of our current 3 star commits being asked to look elsewhere.

I think some of the latter is going on now. Add to that the number of recruits we will have in the class (could be 30+ with all of the EEs), the ranking will be very high. Currently at #6 on Rivals.

I think some of the latter is going on now. Add to that the number of recruits we will have in the class (could be 30+ with all of the EEs), the ranking will be very high. Currently at #6 on Rivals.

Don't forget UF, UGA, and Vandy are the only schools in the SEC that operate with a hard cap of 85 on NSD. To get the class much bigger than it already is will take some processing, which will happen to some extent, but not the same way it happens at a Bama.

We also don't seem to have a very deep pool of 4 and 5 star kids left that are talking about UF. Seems like Shavar Manuel is likely, hopefully at least one top WR (Victor and NCM don't seem likely any more) goes our way, and we can get an early impact LB.

How can kids really still be wanting to go to sit on a shelf at Alabama? lol

There's no way they should have another #1 recruiting class

We're very top heavy. Some of our takes are ummm questionable to say the least.

So where do we stand right now on the possible 2016 defensive roster?
This list was compiled by me from several different sites. Recruits in BOLD.
I didn't check the gatorzone 'played-list,' so the redshirts might not be correct.

CB Vernon Hargreaves III 5-11 199 Sr 3L (likely NFL early departure)
CB Jalen Tabor 6-0 191 Jr 2L
(possible NFL early departure)
CB Quincy Wilson 6-1 209 Jr 2L
------------
#2 CB Chauncey Gardener 5-11 1904.5/40, Fr - EE

#15 Ath/CB McArthur Burnett 6-0 185 4.41/40, Fr
#57 Ath/CB Aaron Robinson
6-1 185 4.5/40, Fr
#78 CB Christopher McWilliams
5-11 164, Fr

S/Nic/CB Nick Washington 6-0 195 rsJr 3L
S/Nic/CB Duke Dawson 5-10 204 Jr 2L

FS Marcus Maye 6-0 207 rsSr 3L (AA, possible NFL early departure)
SS Keanu Neal 6-1 216 Sr 3L (possible NFL early departure)
SS Marcell Harris 6-1 211 rsJr 2L
SS Kylan Johnson 6-1 220 rsFr SQ
----------------
#12 FS Quincy Lenton 6-0 195 4.6/40, Fr
#39 FS Jeawon Taylor 6-2 195 4.8/40, Fr
#66 SS Antonio Nelson 6-3 190, Fr

DB Michael Iorio 5-10 194 rsSr SQ
DB Mark Norvelis 5-10 192 rsSr HS W-O
DB Kerolin Francois 5-11 203 rsJr SQ
DB D.L. Powell 6-0 193 rsJr SQ
DB Garrett Stephens 5-9 187 rsJr SQ
DB Eddie Giles 5-9 161 rsSo SQ
DB Isaac O'Neal 5-9 180 rsFr SQ
DB Chris Williamson 5-11 188 rsFr SQ

LB Jeremi Powell 6-0 224 rsSr 3L
LB Daniel McMillian 6-1 219 Sr 3L
LB Alex Anzalone 6-3 244 Sr 3L
LB Jarrad Davis 6-2 230 Sr 3L
LB Matt Rolin 6-3 216 rsJr 1L
LB Christian Garcia 6-0 221 rsJr SQ W-O
LB Steven Stipe Jr 5-11 216 rsJr SQ
LB R.J. Raymond 6-2 236 rsSo SQ
LB Isaac Brinson 6-0 198 rsFr SQ
LB Rayshad Jackson 6-0 221 rsFr SQ
LB Jahim Lawrence 5-11 211 rsFr SQ
LB Darius Singletary 6-1 197 rsFr SQ
----------
#19 OLB Meremiah Moon Fr 6-4 205, Fr
#48 OLB Vosean Joseph Fr 6-2 210, Fr

(RUSH = OLB/DE)
RUSH Alex McCalister 6-6 239 rsSr 3L
RUSH Jordan Sherit 6-4 250 rsJr 2L
RUSH Justus Reed 6-3 240 rsSo 1L
-----------
#9 DEws/TE Antonneous Clayton Fr 6-3 218, Fr
#27 DEws Jordan Smith 6-6 217 4.75/40, Fr

DE Bryan Cox Jr 6-3 268 rsSr 3L
DE Keivonnis Davis 6-4 230 So 1L
DE CeCe Jefferson 6-1 275 So 1L
DE Forrest Palmore 6-2 240 rsSo SQ
DE Luke Ancrum 6-5 251 rsFr SQ
DE Jabari Zuniga 6-3 263 rsFr SQ
----------
#33 DEss/TE Jachai Polite Fr 6-3 250, Fr
#59 DEws JaQuan Bailey Fr 6-4 230, Fr
#65 DEws Eric Mitchell Fr 6-1 221, Fr

DT Joey Ivie 6-3 295 Sr 3L
DT Caleb Brantley 6-2 314 rsJr 2L
DT Taven Bryan 6-5 292 rsSo 1L
DT Khari Clark 6-2 321 rsSo 1L
DT Thomas Holley 6-3 320 rsSo 1L
DT Josh Inman 6-2 280 rsFr SQ
DT Andrew Ivie 6-1 302 rsFr SQ
============= (59)

Kickers, Punters & Long Snappers (10)

LS Ryan Farr 6-0 207 So 1L
LS Jonathan Haney 6-2 209 rsSr
LS Devin Grimm 6-1 188 rsSo SQ
LS Jacob Tilghman 6-1 201 rsFr SQ

P Johnny Townsend 6-1 202 rsJr 2L
P Jon Gould 6-0 173 rsFr SQ W-O
P Jack Spicer 6-3 196 rsFr SQ W-O

K Austin Hardin 5-10 198 rsSr 3L (benched for inconsistency, KO's only)
K Neil MacInnes 6-4 219 Sr W-O (xPt's and short/med FG's)
K Jorge Powell 5-10 166 rsSo 1L (FG & xPt's, injured out in 2015)

Gives an idea of where we stand and where any needs might be for recruiting. :cool:

From Pineiro's Twitter feed:

CWOzxhKUkAINwne.jpg

Reactions: BringBackBonner
I think his point is that we've got lots of momentum right now.

Scout and ESPN has a lot of our guys rated higher than Rivals does. So we got a pretty nice bump over there. But Scout is also known for being loose with their rankings too. They assign the most 5-stars for example by a pretty good amount.

So begins the lower ranked guys "wxploring their options" as the top tier kids join Mac and Co in Gainesville. What a great problem to have

I despise the timing of this.

I HATE recruiting. I quote the late Pat Tillman:

Tillman was asked by Sun Devils coach Bruce Snyder what
he thought of the recruiting process. "It stinks," Tillman shot
back. "Nobody tells the truth."

So a kid through no fault of his own accepts the offer to go play for Florida because Florida coaches think he's the best they can get. Then when Florida coaches think they can get a better player, the kid who has agreed for months (and in some cases years) is told he'd be better off going elsewhere.

Problem.

It's happening in December of his senior year in high school when his choices will be severely limited.

I DESPISE adults who make six and seven figure salaries lying to children all so that they can win football games.

And don't give me that crap about the children lying to adults. THEY'RE CHILDREN. Adults are held to a higher standard and should be.

Recruiting sucks.

Reactions: BringBackBonner

Fourth on Scout (where like Warchant on Rivals, the staff of that site have a lot of influence on how players are graded).
Ninth on 24/7 & ESPN.

Clear as mud. And oh so objective.

He is visiting, correct?

Victor still headed to tOSU?
Yes Bruce will visit so it gives you a chance. Victor was all UF and then all Ohio State. Now it seems like he is a little open again. Ohio State is still leading but we are making up ground again.

I despise the timing of this.

I HATE recruiting. I quote the late Pat Tillman:

Tillman was asked by Sun Devils coach Bruce Snyder what
he thought of the recruiting process. "It stinks," Tillman shot
back. "Nobody tells the truth."

So a kid through no fault of his own accepts the offer to go play for Florida because Florida coaches think he's the best they can get. Then when Florida coaches think they can get a better player, the kid who has agreed for months (and in some cases years) is told he'd be better off going elsewhere.

Problem.

It's happening in December of his senior year in high school when his choices will be severely limited.

I DESPISE adults who make six and seven figure salaries lying to children all so that they can win football games.

And don't give me that crap about the children lying to adults. THEY'RE CHILDREN. Adults are held to a higher standard and should be.

Recruiting sucks.

I agree with you. I despise the practice of accepting the commitments of lower ranked kids knowing full well you are going to replace them later on if you can.

Mac seems to really like the tactic and he isn't alone. Bama and FSU seem to be doing more of this lately also, though not to the extent we are with seemingly about 1/3rd of our class made up of those kind of prospects as recently as a few weeks ago that Mac and our fans seem to want to "process" closer to signing day.

Agree with y'all. They should just not take those dudes, I don't see what the point is. It's not like it generates any buzz, receivers aren't signing up to play with a Trask for example. Keep chasing your top guys and if toward the end you don't feel they're coming then move on to people lower on your board.

Recruiting is not a big deal at all,,, unless YOU make it one.

Schools/coaches want the best that they can get.
They offer the ones with promise, sometimes years in advance.
They will offer better players/people if they come along before NSD.

Recruits want the best school/deal that they can get.
They commit to the school with promise, sometimes years in advance.
They will visit other schools if they offer a visit, even when committed elsewhere.

NSD and the LOI show the end result of all those days/weeks/months/years of effort.

It is fun to talk and/or speculate about, especially in the off-season.
It's NO BIG DEAL,,,, unless YOU make it one. Otherwise, just enjoy the ride.
Space, you often come off as a whiner,,, :p or maybe as a bit 'spaced-out'... o_O
But nothing personal intended, just an observation on my part... :D

PS

And the coaches will rarely 'pull' offers. They are just being honest in telling a lower rated recruit verbal that 'the situation has changed' and that they might want to consider going elsewhere for playing time. Some go, some stay and compete. And if a recruit gets offered a car and/or a family job, then they might choose to go elsewhere,,, do-do occurs... o_O

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT