ADVERTISEMENT

No knee for Meyer

Originally posted by Seminiferous:
He never abandoned us.
No he did not. But his Florida teams just generally just kicked the shit out of FSU and most everyone else.

You mean after he won 2 national titles? Bowden had to coach since the civil war to win that many.

It's interesting to me that you applaud the man who dumped on you.
And I find it interesting that after six years you are still butt hurt over the ass kickings Meyer gave your team.

You guys cheer for Meyer after what he did to you? You fans do realize the condition of your program for the past five years after he jilted you, don't you? You remind me of Mary Lincoln writing a fan letter to John Wilkes Booth.

I love Bowden. There's a BIG difference. Bobby didn't quit on us; Meyer quit on you.
Bobby tried his best to leave your program in the same shape he found it. And would have had FSU not stepped in and fired him. All he needed was one more year to drive it into the dumpster.

Meyer did indeed quit on us. But he also was the Daddy of every single one of our rivals. Every.single.one.

It is instructive that you have the need to point out that he quit on us. To try and sully his Gator accomplishments.

You are about a subtle as a drunk Danny.

But on the bright side for FSU. Fisher has now managed to demonstrate one good thing. He has demonstrated that a undefeated ACC team should not automatically qualify for a place in the playoffs. That any number of one loss teams from real conferences are every bit as good, if not better.

Bobby didn't quit on you. Even when you were begging him to.

Take a couple weeks off, and see if you can reframe your attitude to fit with the new rules. E-mail me after that if you'd like to try again.

You guys cheer for Meyer after what he did to you? You fans do realize the condition of your program for the past five years after he jilted you, don't you? You remind me of Mary Lincoln writing a fan letter to John Wilkes Booth.

Let me make sure I understand this correctly. He wins two national titles in three years, correct. And you had one previous one in your 108 year history. And I really have doubts that he would have coached again as quickly as he did if the OSU job didn't open up. He's from Ashtabula Ohio and had a clause in his contract when he coached at Florida that he could leave if the OSU job opened up, correct ? Hell, he even had a picture of Woody Hayes in his Florida office and his mentor and very close friend is former OSU coach Earle Bruce who still has ties to OSU. He hired Earle's grandson as an assistant and he's a damn good one. In other words, HE'S HOME. Let me say that one more time - HE'S HOME. Ya think it's time to quit the whining ? No one told you to go out and hire a coordinator with no HC experince - what was his name Champ or Chump or whatever. Can't wait for our NC celebration this week in Columbus !

Originally posted by R1950:

Let me make sure I understand this correctly. He wins two national titles in three years, correct. And you had one previous one in your 108 year history. And I really have doubts that he would have coached again as quickly as he did if the OSU job didn't open up. He's from Ashtabula Ohio and had a clause in his contract when he coached at Florida that he could leave if the OSU job opened up, correct ? Hell, he even had a picture of Woody Hayes in his Florida office and his mentor and very close friend is former OSU coach Earle Bruce who still has ties to OSU. He hired Earle's grandson as an assistant and he's a damn good one. In other words, HE'S HOME. Let me say that one more time - HE'S HOME. Ya think it's time to quit the whining ? No one told you to go out and hire a coordinator with no HC experince - what was his name Champ or Chump or whatever. Can't wait for our NC celebration this week in Columbus !
52-20, baby.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

R, try winning with class.

Then he should say that instead of the fake "gotta spend time with my family" bullcrap we were spoon fed.

Originally posted by JD Gator:
Actually, that's pretty accurate. Wouldn't surprise me if Bobby would still be coaching had FSU allowed it.

As for the original topic, why take a knee? No one thought he'd get OSU to this game (myself included). Besides, I think he was upset at ORE for taking the ball from them so many times, thus preventing TDs. That score could have easily been 63-20.
eek.r191677.gif
ORE is darn lucky it that score wasn't worse.

If I may also add, Jones is a beast. 6'5", 250 lbs!!! Kid looks like a GAM and an NFL QB running around out there. Talk about depth!

Originally posted by passoverGator:
Then he should say that instead of the fake "gotta spend time with my family" bullcrap we were spoon fed.
No kidding. While, I was impressed last night (and have to admit, the guy can flat out coach), I still think he's a douche.

MeyerThoughts.jpg

As I recall many of your Buckeye brethren DESPISED Urban when he coached at Florida. At that time most of your fans were busy having a love-fest with Jim "tattoo" Tressel. Hypocrites.

images

I knew he wouldn't take a knee. That's who he is.
Yep. Urban the Barbarian. To be fair, it didn't seem like he was trying all that hard to score. And Oregon just said eff it...whatever. But yeah, just take a knee anyway dicwad.

Fear not my brethren, in 2-3 years Mac will be giving him esophageal spasms again.

Originally posted by alaskanseminole:

No kidding. While, I was impressed last night (and have to admit, the guy can flat out coach), I still think he's a douche.

ec
And yet, you still will not admit that y'all's douche is a douche. GTFO. noles have one of the biggest douches ever, and they constantly defend him even to the point of being ludicrous. Isn't the above quoted post a borderline violation of our rules?

2k0nl4.jpg

This post was edited on 1/13 8:17 AM by djegators

Originally posted by JD Gator:

Take a couple weeks off, and see if you can reframe your attitude to fit with the new rules. E-mail me after that if you'd like to try again.
Oh thank you thank you thank you.

Originally posted by djegators:
And yet, you still will not admit that y'all's douche is a douche. GTFO. noles have one of the biggest douches ever, and they constantly defend him even to the point of being ludicrous. Isn't the above quoted post a borderline violation of our rules?
Not sure why that's directed at me. I've continually said JW has acted like an entitled a$$hat and should have literally channeled his inner monk after the sexual assault allegations. My only defense of him has been that he didn't commit the sexual assault. That was based on the reports and the girl's crazy multi-story fabrications, not his character. I'm VERY much looking forward to some media peace and quiet next season.

Is what a rule violation? Calling OSU's HC a douche?

Originally posted by alaskanseminole:

I am sure this has everything to do with your deep rooted concern for UF football and nothing to do with his on-field humiliation of F$U

Originally posted by Michi-Gator:
I am sure this has everything to do with your deep rooted concern for UF football and nothing to do with his on-field humiliation of F$U
Neither.

I think Kiffin is a douche also.

I don't think Spurrier or Zook are douche bags, and I watched from the stands as Spurrier ripped our hearts out in 1997 and Zook carried off the field in 2004. Not sure why you think I can't look past Orange and Blue or Garnet and Gold.
confused0024.r191677.gif

p.s.
I like Champ too. Really wish Jimbo would have hired his buddy as our DC.

This post was edited on 1/13 9:07 AM by alaskanseminole

Thank GOD Michigan hired Jim Harbaugh.
Not sure why people keep saying this?
I don't quite get the infatuation with Harbaugh. Yes Harbaugh is a very good coach, but some are going a little bit over the top with him.

I do agree that his hiring will now make the Big 10 tougher, but it is more than likely just going to weaken Michigan State and put Michigan St back to where they belong in the state of Michigan.

I have to explain? So Meyer will finally have some competition in the Big Ten.
The eastern division alone has:

Dantonio - Mich St
Franklin - Ped St
Harblow - MestChicken
Meyer - OSU

Originally posted by djegators:
LOl@ Igloo and his habitual passive aggressive linestepping.
Good grief, what now? Man, some of you read WAY too much into things.

Meyer is a freaking douche bag, but good lord can he coach. How is that passive?

I was impressed with last night's win from a coaching perspective as well as a player's perspective (looking at you Jones). The depth Meyer has recruited shows OSU will be in the conversation for years to come. I can respect and acknowlege the fact he is a great coach without actually liking him, can't I?

This post was edited on 1/13 9:05 AM by alaskanseminole

I have to explain? So Meyer will finally have some competition in the Big Ten.
The eastern division alone has:

Dantonio - Mich St
Franklin - Ped St
Harblow - MestChicken
Meyer - OSU
He's going to need some competition because Ohio State will likely be pre-season #1 next year. They are loaded.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT