ADVERTISEMENT

No knee for Meyer

Originally posted by Seminiferous:
It's interesting to me that you applaud the man who dumped on you.
Trolling early today Semi. At least we didnt dump the greatest single figure in UF history like fsu did with BB,
btw applauding a man that left two crystal balls in the trophy case is easy for most of us and the way he dominated fsu
and the other six rivals was a thing of beauty. Take it home to tallacrappy where the ducks had there way with the
noles. ANd thank God you didnt have to face the genius in the post season.

I will give UM some benefit of the doubt as far as his character based on Tebow's love for him.

Originally posted by R1950:
You guys cheer for Meyer after what he did to you? You fans do realize the condition of your program for the past five years after he jilted you, don't you? You remind me of Mary Lincoln writing a fan letter to John Wilkes Booth.

Let me make sure I understand this correctly. He wins two national titles in three years, correct. And you had one previous one in your 108 year history. And I really have doubts that he would have coached again as quickly as he did if the OSU job didn't open up. He's from Ashtabula Ohio and had a clause in his contract when he coached at Florida that he could leave if the OSU job opened up, correct ? Hell, he even had a picture of Woody Hayes in his Florida office and his mentor and very close friend is former OSU coach Earle Bruce who still has ties to OSU. He hired Earle's grandson as an assistant and he's a damn good one. In other words, HE'S HOME. Let me say that one more time - HE'S HOME. Ya think it's time to quit the whining ? No one told you to go out and hire a coordinator with no HC experince - what was his name Champ or Chump or whatever. Can't wait for our NC celebration this week in Columbus !
Maybe you should look and realize that a Nole was the one who posted that, not a Gator.

Noles should be glad he "dumped us"....good chance they don't have their title if he is still here.

This post was edited on 1/13 8:50 AM by djegators

Originally posted by EvilWayz:
You guys cheer for Meyer after what he did to you? You fans do realize the condition of your program for the past five years after he jilted you, don't you? You remind me of Mary Lincoln writing a fan letter to John Wilkes Booth.

Let me make sure I understand this correctly. He wins two national titles in three years, correct. And you had one previous one in your 108 year history. And I really have doubts that he would have coached again as quickly as he did if the OSU job didn't open up. He's from Ashtabula Ohio and had a clause in his contract when he coached at Florida that he could leave if the OSU job opened up, correct ? Hell, he even had a picture of Woody Hayes in his Florida office and his mentor and very close friend is former OSU coach Earle Bruce who still has ties to OSU. He hired Earle's grandson as an assistant and he's a damn good one. In other words, HE'S HOME. Let me say that one more time - HE'S HOME. Ya think it's time to quit the whining ? No one told you to go out and hire a coordinator with no HC experince - what was his name Champ or Chump or whatever. Can't wait for our NC celebration this week in Columbus !
52-20, baby.
3dgrin.r191677.gif
EDub, I think you mean, "41-14."

R1950- you realize the guy you quoted is a Seminole, right? Good Lord...

I think he made a great case for maybe being the best coach in college football today! I would take him over Saban.

Originally posted by JD Gator:

One thing I learned in Glendale in 2007 is that OSU fans are not the brightest bulbs in the socket.

Meyer is apparently going to get a tattoo since they won.

This is fitting, considering he only has that job now because of tattoos.

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:
Meyer is apparently going to get a tattoo since they won.

This is fitting, considering he only has that job now because of tattoos.
What is the tattoo going to say?

"GOAT"

I was in a large pool and I was in the $. If the overall point total was less than 61, I won. If not, 2nd. By him not taking a knee....let's just say the bastard lost me a lot of $s. URBAN!

Hell, he even had a picture of Woody Hayes in his Florida office
Figures he'd idolize a guy who brought shame to his school by punching a player from the opposite team in the middle of a game.

This post was edited on 1/13 1:11 PM by passoverGator

Originally posted by PacoGator19:

Originally posted by Michi-Gator:

Originally posted by passoverGator:
Thank GOD Michigan hired Jim Harbaugh.
Not sure why people keep saying this?
I don't quite get the infatuation with Harbaugh. Yes Harbaugh is a very good coach, but some are going a little bit over the top with him.

I do agree that his hiring will now make the Big 10 tougher, but it is more than likely just going to weaken Michigan State and put Michigan St back to where they belong in the state of Michigan.
Harbaugh's hiring will make the Big 10 a two trick pony instead of a one-trick pony. There is a clear and definite separation in athleticism and talent between Ohio State and the rest of that conference. It's not even close and that conference is at a disadvantage by not being in traditional recruiting hotbeds. Ohio State is probably the only B1G team that can go into the living room of a 5* recruit in any part of the country and compete for the kid's signature on an LOI. Harbaugh will be able to do that. None of the other B1G schools can.

The rest of the "contenders" in the B1G:

Michigan State - Dantonio just lost Narduzzi who he has worked with since he was at Cincy. That loss of continuity will have an effect on that team but they have momentum coming from a bowl game where their opponent blew a 3 TD lead and beat themselves.

Nebraska - Just took a downgrade on a coach. Pelini was/is an asshole but the guy won 9 games a year. Can Reilly do the same? My guess is no.

Wisconsin - Gary Andersen brought Wisconsin into 21st century college football and, by losing him, I think Wisconsin reverts back to last century football under Chryst.

Penn State - Franklin is a great recruiter but I've never been sold on the guy as a coach, even when he was at Vandy. This year is a transition year for him. Top 15 recruiting class and some momentum from beating a bipolar Boston College team by a point.

Iowa - Smoked by a mediocre Tennessee team in the Taxslayer Bowl. Refuse to fire their joke of a coach.

The rest of the B1G.....not worth mentioning.

I was drunk. Where did I get 52-20 from?
Hmmm I wonder where you got that from??? hehe

I hate that UM left us and ended up at Ohio state after all those crappy fans came over here puffing their chests out that they were going to beat us in the NC game. They chanted Urban Meyer at the freakin basketball game when we went up to that crappy state to play them. I hope above all hope that Jim Harbough causes enough friction so that old Urbie will see that it is even worse trying to please ohio state fans then Gator fans. It cannot be easier.

Originally posted by JD Gator:

52-20, baby.
3dgrin.r191677.gif

This is a great thread, but some people aren't paying attention

Reality, some of you need it.

Semidoucherous: If you are going to troll, at least TRY to find some subtlety. I know you claim to be a Pulitzer prize winning author of books on law, but I''ve read hundreds of your posts and never seen a glimmer of an IQ with 3 digits in it.

Random Buckeye fan: Meyer DID NOT QUIT TO COACH OSU. He had been working at ESPN for months before tattoogate broke out and the Sweater got kicked to the curb. Nobody had a clue that was coming when he left. To try to claim he left for the OSU job is disingenuous (Semidouch, look it up, I don't have time to explain big words to you) at best, and flat out lying at worst. But, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and accept the Wolverine explanation, that Bucknuts fans are idiots, or as we refer to them, as FSU fans that haven't moved south yet. Get a grip, get a clue, and get lost.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT