ADVERTISEMENT

Muskrat says he cleaned up the UF program left by Urban Meyer

JMUTT12

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2010
Will Muschamp has been named the head coach at South Carolina, which has caused some concern among Gamecocks fans, given his struggles at Florida. Muschamp succeeded eventual Ohio State head coach Urban Meyer's very successful tenure with the Gators, which featured two national championships, but he was unable to duplicate that success.

However, Muschamp claims he "cleaned up" the Florida program and left it in a better place:

"My first day on the job, I sat with our president, Dr. Bernie Machen, and he came in my office one-on-one and shut the door, and he said, 'Clean it up.' And we did that," Muschamp said. "We left the program much better than we inherited it. It didn't end the way we wanted it to, but we graduated our players, had the highest grade-point average in school history for consecutive semesters my last four semesters there, and we did things the right way."

Muschamp did improve the program academically, but on the field, he doesn't have a lot to hang his hat on.

The rocky end of Meyer's time at Florida amid player discipline issues has since been the subject of several longer media stories.

This man is a psychopath who cannot keep his mouth shut. So is this an attempt to validate the USCe's serious error in hiring judgment?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News