ADVERTISEMENT

Misdemeanor Trial is Monday...what happens with Dalvin Cook?

What happens with Dalvin Cook?

• Found guilty of misdemeanor and suspended from play

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Acquitted and plays first game

Votes: 22 55.0%
  • Acquitted and doesn't play first game

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Plea deal and doesn't play first game

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Plea deal and plays first game

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Interesting tidbits.

- Willie Meggs daughter was part of the jury pool
- Willie Meggs and Co.knew that the Twitter account they were trying to introduce as evidence was a fake...trying to draw Cook to the stand.

Weren't they not allowed to play the interview with Cook?

Interesting tidbits.

- Willie Meggs and Co.knew that the Twitter account they were trying to introduce as evidence was a fake.

Do you hesitate at all to believe that the State Attorney would knowingly perpetrate a fraud on the Court, subjecting himself to sanctions and possible disbarment?

Last edited:
Reactions: dakid_0812
Do you hesitate at all to believe that the State Attorney would knowingly perpetrate a fraud on the Court, subjecting himself to sanctions and possible disbarment?

Nope. But I'm sure they didn't know it was fake.

LINK 1: http://collegespun.com/acc/florida-state/state-attorneys-office-tried-to-use-fake-dalvin-cook-twitter-account-as-evidence

LINK 2: http://www.tomahawknation.com/2015/8/21/9189389/report-state-attorney-tried-to-introduce-fake-twitter-account-as

It just didn't make sense.

Victim days Dalvin was nice and the peacemaker during the argument she was having with Rudolph/Phillips. Then when she says "I can just google you" Dalvin (known for being soft spoken, calm and reserved) goes ballistic and this 200+ lb football player starts punching her in the face multiple times. Resulting in nothing more than a red lip.

Huh?

Also of note, the states supposed star witness, Justin Rossi, totally recanted his version of the story. Why you ask? Because grant Jenkins (Who was standing next to him at time of incident ) came forward with the real story two weeks ago and he knew he was busted.

Time to move on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nolebra Kai
Reactions: Nolebra Kai
The title of that article is "No easy answers in the Dalvin Cook case"

There is a very easy answer. He was charged, tried and acquitted. It's over. No matter how many articles he or others like him write, it's over. He is acquitted. It seems like this TMZ disease is affecting all journalists now.

But if you read the article, there were certainly some questions on both sides. Of course, that will legitimately result in a not guilty verdict.

Thanks for the amusement, Gators.

The obsession, incorrectness, and fixation speak for themselves.

There is absolutely no need to amplify the obvious,

Its very clear the jury had decided they were not going to convict before they were even chosen. This was a pretty clear case where every defense witness completely changed their story and perjured themselves. Unfortunately, Its what most expected to happen with a local jury full of FSU football fans. Go football!!

(and the FSU fan posts at that article are hilarious in a very pathetic way)

Its very clear the jury had decided they were not going to convict before they were even chosen. This was a pretty clear case where every defense witness completely changed their story and perjured themselves. Unfortunately, Its what most expected to happen with a local jury full of FSU football fans. Go football!!

I'm curious, Buddy. Tell us what happened that night...in detail please.

You admitted the players were lying.

As well as the other side. I think EVERYONE was lying, even the attorneys (on both sides). The whole thing read like a kangaroo court. So, that leaves us with the physical facts.

Accuser says Cook was a peacemaker and punched her several times with a closed fist in the face. That makes zero sense and the players' testimonies are all over the place, so that leaves us with physical evidence.

A. The officer who first appeared on the scene testified that the "victim" did not look like she had been punched by anyone.
B. If a 200lb+ athlete close-fist punches a person in the face multiple times, it will cause a lot of damage.

Personally, I think there was a huge argument with no one being in the right and during the commotion she was probably inadvertently elbowed/whacked by someone in the chaos. I don't think anyone intentionally punched her. However, everyone (both sides) were too damn drunk to remember what exactly happened.

Bottom line, a bunch of people got in a tizzy by one-up insulting each other and someone got hurt (kinda). This should have never gone to court. It's silly.

Only one paragraph Buddy?? I mean with a coverup of this magnitude including a bought and paid for jury to get our star rb back on the field and all you can muster is one damn paragraph?? Buddy, I'm highly disappointed. Your rambling on this board contains at least 4 to 5 paragraphs of tin foil hat level rhetoric, yet Cook can get only one paragraph out of you?? I'm so over you Buddy!

I think EVERYONE was lying, even the attorneys (on both sides). The whole thing read like a kangaroo court.

I doubt that anyone was surprised by the outcome considering the university and system involved.

Kangaroo is putting it nicely considering...

GO Canes!

I doubt that anyone was surprised by the outcome considering the university and system involved.

Kangaroo is putting it nicely considering...

GO Canes!

I never heard anyone on any side expect a conviction. Nothing on video = play ball!

Then why lie?

I'm not sure what statements were lies and what were simply mis-recollections (made up word, I know) due to intoxication. Again, why did this even go to trial. A large group of drunk people got into shouting match and someone got a busted lip in the commotion. That happens on most nights in the bar scene. No one is truly injured.

Can you explain why the officer felt no one was punched and how a football player can repeatedly punch a woman without her sustaining facial damage? I honestly cannot. I punched a kid ONE time in high school. I was 138lbs soaking wet and his eye swelled shut and was black/blue for a week.

I'm not sure what statements were lies and what were simply mis-recollections (made up word, I know) due to intoxication. Again, why did this even go to trial. A large group of drunk people got into shouting match and someone got a busted lip in the commotion. That happens on most nights in the bar scene. No one is truly injured.

Can you explain why the officer felt no one was punched and how a football player can repeatedly punch a woman without her sustaining facial damage? I honestly cannot. I punched a kid ONE time in high school. I was 138lbs soaking wet and his eye swelled shut and was black/blue for a week.
The problem is she had a busted lip. One side said it resulted from a punch. The other side said many different things, none of which explained her busted lip. Had the players said she got inadvertently hit during an up close argument involving multiple people, and this Jenkins kid actually told police what he told the jury...its likely no arrest warrant is ever issued...and Cook would have escaped...playing football from the beginning of camp

Last edited:
I'm so over you Buddy!
Well, well...

trgay.gif

GO Canes!

As well as the other side. I think EVERYONE was lying, even the attorneys (on both sides). The whole thing read like a kangaroo court. So, that leaves us with the physical facts.

Accuser says Cook was a peacemaker and punched her several times with a closed fist in the face. That makes zero sense and the players' testimonies are all over the place, so that leaves us with physical evidence.

A. The officer who first appeared on the scene testified that the "victim" did not look like she had been punched by anyone.
B. If a 200lb+ athlete close-fist punches a person in the face multiple times, it will cause a lot of damage.

Personally, I think there was a huge argument with no one being in the right and during the commotion she was probably inadvertently elbowed/whacked by someone in the chaos. I don't think anyone intentionally punched her. However, everyone (both sides) were too damn drunk to remember what exactly happened.

Bottom line, a bunch of people got in a tizzy by one-up insulting each other and someone got hurt (kinda). This should have never gone to court. It's silly.

Now that's a good story!
If that's what happened, why didn't they just say that.

The problem is she had a busted lip. One side said it resulted from a punch. The other side said many different things, none of which explained her busted lip. Had the players said she got inadvertently hit during an up close argument involving multiple people, and this Jenkins kid actually told police what he saw...its likely no arrest warrant is ever issued...and Cook would have escaped...playing football from the beginning of camp

And the whole Rudolph thing baffles me. Both sides admitted he was hit (or at least shoved), but neither mentioned it from the onset. Again, no matter what the stories are, the physical evidence says she wasn't punched. A bunch of people got all worked up over name-calling and trying to claim fame to unearned accolades--I can buy you, I'm better than you, blah blah blah. A female got her pride hurt and a busted lip entitled her to claim she was punched. It was nothing more than her way of saying, "I'll show you!"

The problem is, every single person involved was so damn drunk, that no one (right or wrong) could get their stories straight. If I were the officer, I'd be like, "Okay, does anyone need medical attention? [Answer no] Ok, since no one's seriously hurt here, GO HOME! I don't have the time nor the desire to sort through this drama."

Now that's a good story!
If that's what happened, why didn't they just say that.

How fluent do you recall events from a drunken night skirmish? Me? Not very clearly.

"Hey, man you punched that dude in line!?"

"I did!? Holy crap! LOL I don't even remember it. That's why my hand hurts. LOL"

[for example]

Lesson learned here. You're a group of star athletes at a university under tight media scrutiny. Stay out of the limelight; especially the bar scene.

And the whole Rudolph thing baffles me. Both sides admitted he was hit (or at least shoved), but neither mentioned it from the onset. Again, no matter what the stories are, the physical evidence says she wasn't punched. A bunch of people got all worked up over name-calling and trying to claim fame to unearned accolades--I can buy you, I'm better than you, blah blah blah. A female got her pride hurt and a busted lip entitled her to claim she was punched. It was nothing more than her way of saying, "I'll show you!"

;) ok

I'm dying to refute much of this but responding to this would take too long and I've used up enough time and tested my mental health enough.

;) ok

I'm dying to refute much of this but responding to this would take too long and I've used up enough time and tested my mental health enough.

Not everything has to be some grand conspiracy, Bay. Drunk kids did drunk things. Jury recognized drunk kids doing drunk things and and got home by dinner. Cook didn't get away with beating up women. The jury wasn't paid off by FSU boosters. TPD didn't try to cover up for FSU athletes. The prosecution and the defense weren't attempting to orchestrate some judicial travesty.

I agree, though, next topic.

The problem is she had a busted lip. One side said it resulted from a punch. The other side said many different things, none of which explained her busted lip. Had the players said she got inadvertently hit during an up close argument involving multiple people, and this Jenkins kid actually told police what he told the jury...its likely no arrest warrant is ever issued...and Cook would have escaped...playing football from the beginning of camp

Have you seen her so called "busted lip"? It looks like she just bit the inside of it. Either purposefully as she was seeking $$$$$$ or just be falling when she was drunk as %+^+. It looks absolutely NOTHING like an injury from a punch.

So I'm not buying in a million years her story of the incident. Forget any other witness accounts, let's just examine her version of events and the image taken at the time of the incident. She admitted she hit a player first and was then assaulted by a 215 ripped football player than threw multiple punches several of which hit her directly in the face and one of which hit her equally drunk friend. The friend has zero injuries and she has a tiny boo boo on the top inside of her lip. How can you even plausibly reconcile this? Do you know what ONE punch does to a face? Oh wait, you can't reconcile this because it's not within the bounds of reason.

So now let's look at what worst PLAUSIBLE scenario. At absolute worst, you had two completely drunk women mouthing off and then literally throwing punches at the players, one of the chicks had no injuries and one has a tiny boo boo that at WORST came from hand to the face pushing her back to ward her off while she was throwing punches and NOT an actual punch with intention to hurt her.

Yes, that's the absolute worst plausible scenario, one that at most warrants some running of steps for not being in a positive environment and not any type of criminal action.

But I don't believe even my worst case scenario. The accuser's boyfriend was embarrassed publicly by Dalvin Cook on national tv and I'm guessing once she recognised him in the photo lineup that she just made up his involvement. I believe it's far more plausible her little booboo was from when she was restrained from hitting the other FSU player (and that's assuming she didn't make it up by biting her own lip or just injured it falling).

In degrees of plausibility and possibility its:

1) Off the hilt ripped 215 lb football player brutally assaults two women throwing multiple punches to the face with the end result of one death and one severely mangled face with a broken jaw and broken nose....oh wait, that's NOT what happened. That's just a Gator fantasy, but it IS far more plausible than 2.

2) Off the hilt ripped 215 lb football player brutally assaults two women throwing multiple punches to the face with the end result of one woman having a pea sized booboo on the top part of her inner bottom lip and the other is so completely uninjured she "forgot" she had been hit until the trial....0%

3) Drunk woman throws multiple punches at another football player and accidentally gets a pea sized booboo on the top part of her bottom lip when she's being restrained while flailing around, then blames Cook because he was doing the restraining ...10%.

4) Drunk woman throws multiple punches at another football player and accidentally gets a pea sized booboo on the top part of her bottom lip when she's being restrained while flailing around, then blames Cook rather than person restraining her because he embarrassed her boyfriend....30%

5) Drunk woman throws multiple punches at another football player and accidentally gets a pea sized booboo on the top part of her bottom lip when she falls on her own while drunk, then blames Cook he embarrassed her boyfriend....30%

6) Drunk woman throws multiple punches at another football player and afterward is embarrassed and seeking vengeance so she makes up the entire story of getting hit so she can make $$$$ while hurting the players at the same time. Her booboo was selfinflicted either intentionally or accidentally.....30%

Not everything has to be some grand conspiracy, Bay. Drunk kids did drunk things. Jury recognized drunk kids doing drunk things and and got home by dinner. Cook didn't get away with beating up women. The jury wasn't paid off by FSU boosters. TPD didn't try to cover up for FSU athletes. The prosecution and the defense weren't attempting to orchestrate some judicial travesty.

I agree, though, next topic.
For the love of God, stop with your strawman stuff. I've gone out of my way to be specific with my position on the Cook issues. This nonsense you posted doesn't pertain to anything I've said.

Have you seen her so called "busted lip"? It looks like she just bit the inside of it.

So we agree her lip was injured. We disagree on the likely cause.

Damnit. Stop dragging me back into this especially with statements like this that really deserve gifs designed to ridicule and embarrass.

I never heard anyone on any side expect a conviction. Nothing on video = play ball!
And apparently, Jimbo's "zero tolerance for violence against women" is actually "zero tolerance for violence against women - if and only if it is caught on video".

So now, the nole version is "the girl 'bit her lip' and her friend then went immediately looking for a cop to fabricate a story about getting punched". Jesus Fark. There's no way they believe this nonsense. Like I said before, every one of them knows Cook hit her.

So now, the nole version is "the girl 'bit her lip' and her friend then went immediately looking for a cop to fabricate a story about getting punched". Jesus Fark. There's no way they believe this nonsense. Like I said before, every one of them knows Cook hit her.

Oh they do? You'd bet your life, 100% certain of two drunk women's story you've NEVER met? I don't trust EITHER side's story. I do; however, no what a GAM's fist will do when it connects several times with some one's face.

For the love of God, stop with your strawman stuff. I've gone out of my way to be specific with my position on the Cook issues. This nonsense you posted doesn't pertain to anything I've said.

My post wasn't completely directed toward you, Bay. It was at the entire thread who's convinced FSU is the evil empire, and this is just another blow to the Rebel's cause. I apologize for quoting you specifically.

That said, I stick to my "opinion." I don't trust anything a bunch of drunk people said. I put my stock in:

A. An officer who said it didn't look like the victim was punched.
B. No way Cook punched her. Just no way, unless he's got paper fists.
C. I don't trust the recollection of intoxicated people.

And apparently, Jimbo's "zero tolerance for violence against women" is actually "zero tolerance for violence against women - if and only if it is caught on video".

Its actually zero tolerance for violence against women if it actually occurs and is not some fabricated BS story.

Bay, you appear surprised by the outcome? How? You know you work in a shady industry. How is the result here so eye opening?

What I find interesting is the same people who told me in the Deandre Johnson thread that men should not hit women under any scenario, even when physically threatened because they are sooooooooo much stronger than women and can do extreme damage with one strike, now believe a 210 lb. male who happens to be one of the strongest, most well conditioned athletes in the country punched a woman in the face multiple times and all she has to show for it is a slight cut on the lip. Oh and she required no medical attention. Contradictory much?

What I find interesting is the same people who told me in the Deandre Johnson thread that men should not hit women under any scenario, even when physically threatened because they are sooooooooo much stronger than women and can do extreme damage with one strike, now believe a 210 lb. male who happens to be one of the strongest, most well conditioned athletes in the country punched a woman in the face multiple times and all she has to show for it is a slight cut on the lip. Oh and she required no medical attention. Contradictory much?

psychgifs.gif

Good luck getting a answer on that one. You're consistently the best poster on this board. You're very level headed regardless of team affiliation. Very rare.

He didn't punch her at all. The victim said he played peace maker mostly until h she made google comment. Just makes zero sense that he punched her without her receiving medical attention.​

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT