ADVERTISEMENT

Michi should not read this until intoxicated

Exactly the way I felt during Jeff Bowden's tenure. I could care less the mix of run/passes as long as the offense was efficient. With Fisher, I have no worries about the efficiency on offense. I just want to see our defensive pass rush improve this season. The offense at FSU is of little concern.
To your point look at the run pass ratio during UFs national title years.

Run-pass ratio is rarely important. I mentioned this all the time under Muschamp but the issue wasn't that we ran all the time, it was how and when we ran. We just ran stupidly. No window dressing, no multiple formations, nothing. We just lined up and ran between the A and B gaps over and over and over again. Or ran on 3rd and 6+ after being stuffed all game. My favorite offense is Oregon and they run 60% of the time. They just keep you off balance with formation and personnel so they can run. That's what we need to do.

Run-pass ratio is rarely important. I mentioned this all the time under Muschamp but the issue wasn't that we ran all the time, it was how and when we ran. We just ran stupidly. No window dressing, no multiple formations, nothing. We just lined up and ran between the A and B gaps over and over and over again. Or ran on 3rd and 6+ after being stuffed all game. My favorite offense is Oregon and they run 60% of the time. They just keep you off balance with formation and personnel so they can run. That's what we need to do.

And an Oregon type offense would be genius here because the state of Florida is oozing with the speed and athleticism that would make that style of offense very dangerous. And that is the type of player we simply can NOT land right now. Chump scared them all to OSU and FSU and Clemson and Barn and FIU and.....

But we will again try to be Bama east, hopefully at least moderately successfully this time. It will be interesting if Miami hires a guy with a Oregon-style offense and if FSU has another good year.

Exactly the way I felt during Jeff Bowden's tenure. I could care less the mix of run/passes as long as the offense was efficient. With Fisher, I have no worries about the efficiency on offense. I just want to see our defensive pass rush improve this season. The offense at FSU is of little concern.

To your point look at the run pass ratio during UFs national title years.
And an Oregon type offense would be genius here because the state of Florida is oozing with the speed and athleticism that would make that style of offense very dangerous. And that is the type of player we simply can NOT land right now. Chump scared them all to OSU and FSU and Clemson and Barn and FIU and.....

But we will again try to be Bama east, hopefully at least moderately successfully this time. It will be interesting if Miami hires a guy with a Oregon-style offense and if FSU has another good year.

Exactly. It all depends on fitting your personnel and having consistency. Great coaching will help to develop these players to run the offense in their sleep. Everyone knows what a good offense is going to run...just not sure exactly when and the execution of every offensive player will keep the defense from being able to react effectively enough to stop it consistently. Run 60% or run 45%. Does it really matter as long as the offense is really good at executing and the coaches call a decent game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT