ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like we have a coaching issue

White took over a losing record team and he has gone 21-14 vs a Top 50 RPI.
Inconsistency shooting the ball, not poor coaching, was been the obvious problem imo.
This has been especially true at the undefended FREE throw line, costing them several games. :oops:

Learning his team and it's individual players requires that he do some testing of different lineups and making constant adjustments in the systems. It's very much a learning process for both the players and the coaches in this 1st year, and judging by the last 4-5 games, they have all learned some important things that they can carry over into next season.

FACT:
White is one win away from being the Gator's All Time Winningest 1st year B-Ball coach.
I doubt that any of the doubters would have predicted that back in October, just like the same doubters would not have given McElwain any shot at 10 wins and the SECe-C. I much prefer to be positive about both where we/they are, and where we're all going. :)

Okla was a high seed Dance team that just lost to UK by 21 pts, (79 - 58).
At home, UF lost to UK by 9 pts.
Not making the dance is as much political as it is 'actual quality' imoho.

IMO, making solid 'team progress' is much more important in the 1st season, than being invited to the Dance is. Making the NIT gives them the continued games and practice time that they need, so I'm happy and okay with that. -- GooooooooGATORS! :cool:

Okay with the NIT? :eek::eek::eek:Good grief:rolleyes:

I'm enjoying the dance and the final 8 :cool::cool::D

Name your willing and available replacements for either Mc or MW?
I really (jus-my-own-opinion) don't think that Foley could have done any better.
No matter who you hire, they are ALL a 'role of the dice' when they get to UF.
So, looking at the ACTUAL RESULTS of their 1st seasons, I'm THRILLED with both of the Gators new coaches. In fact, that goes for the new SEC-C gymnastics coach as well. ;)

~ Mc did very well when he had a QB, then finished with 3 straight losses when he didn't.
~ MW did very well when the team could shoot the ball, (sucked when they couldn't spit and hit the floor) and has been excellent in 3 of their last 4 games. He does need to at least make it to the Garden Party to put the cherry on top imo, but either way, I'm still impressed and happy with the job that he and his staff have done so far.
* He'd get my vote for basketball's SEC CoY, IF he get's that 22nd win. o_O

Doubt exists for you. :oops:
Current satisfaction and hope for the future exists for me. :)
Opinions vary among fans everywhere, and that's just fine with me.
Sa-lute.... :cool:

Archie Miller very likely would've been a home run hire. I'm guessing this is his last season at Dayton.

I picked them to get to the Final Four because everyone sucks dick in the tournament this year

Archie Miller very likely would've been a home run hire.
I'm guessing this is his last season at Dayton.

Miller just got a contract extension through 2023 from Dayton, so your guess about him not being there any longer was not so good after all. It looks to me like UF might not have even been able to hire him away from Dayton. Does he have ANY prior connections to the Republic of Florida or to UF?

And your own "likely would've been a home run hire" is just in your own opinion, (which of course you're entitled to) likely or not.

Virtually no one believed that Mc would/could win 10 games and the SECe in his first year. :cool: (my own guess was that UF was a 'dark-horse' to win the SECe)

Same goes for White being able to take a team that only got 16 wins for a HoF coach, to 20+ wins in his 1st season at UF. That's especially true when that same HoF coach only got 13 wins in his 1st year at UF, and 15 in his 2nd year.... o_O

Chokela homa in the FINAL 4 Insta will be in hives lol

Nope. WRONG yet again. But then your own personal CHOKES about what reality is, is not a surprise for me. :cool: If I really G-a-S about your chokers, then I'd be constantly posting on THEIR board.

You see, it hasn't been decades since my Gator's made it to a Final Four, it's just been a couple of years ago. And unlike the Chokers, my team has actually won a relatively recent NC in B-Ball. The Gator's are also the last team to do so B-2-B. The team to do it before that was Duke, way back in the early 1990's....

I actually expect to read about yet another in-famous CHOKE pretty soon.... :D
(not interested enough to actually watch the coming final-4) :p

Miller just got a contract extension through 2023 from Dayton, so your guess about him not being there any longer was not so good after all. It looks to me like UF might not have even been able to hire him away from Dayton. Does he have ANY prior connections to the Republic of Florida or to UF?

And your own "likely would've been a home run hire" is just in your own opinion, (which of course you're entitled to) likely or not.

Virtually no one believed that Mc would/could win 10 games and the SECe in his first year. :cool: (my own guess was that UF was a 'dark-horse' to win the SECe)

Same goes for White being able to take a team that only got 16 wins for a HoF coach, to 20+ wins in his 1st season at UF. That's especially true when that same HoF coach only got 13 wins in his 1st year at UF, and 15 in his 2nd year.... o_O

You asked about alternatives and I provided one. And, yeah, great point, that one year extension is really going to give him second thoughts about bolting for a top opening.

You asked about alternatives and I provided one. And, yeah, great point, that one year extension is really going to give him second thoughts about bolting for a top opening.

And unlike me, I see that you didn't actually specifically address what I asked.

Did one of the best AD's in college sports even have your guy on his list?
If not, the question is why not, since he is/was a HOME-RUN candidate for you?

You guessed that he would no longer be at Dayton,,,,, so just admit that your guess was incorrect.
And did any other 'Top Program' go after him to hire him away from Dayton, and if not, why?

Many people here claim that UF is not even a pretty good school for B-Ball.
Pitino even told BillyD that he'd never get any real support at UF because it's just another SEC football school. :rolleyes:
How that works out to being a 'Top Opening' for a B-Ball coach in your opinion. leaves some questions imo... o_O

Futhermore, Mike White was and is a 'Home Run' hire as far as I'm concerned, before and after his 1st year at UF. :cool:
If future HoF BillyD was a 'Home Run' hire with 13 1st year wins, then 15 2nd year wins, then Mike White surely is with his 1st season 21 wins.... o_O

While YOU may think that UF could have done much better in hiring a new B-Ball coach,
I'm of the opinion that with 21 1st season wins, UF could have done much worse. :cool:

Nothing personal, everyone here has a right to their own opinions.... :)

And unlike me, I see that you didn't actually specifically address what I asked.

Did one of the best AD's in college sports even have your guy on his list?
If not, the question is why not, since he is/was a HOME-RUN candidate for you?

You guessed that he would no longer be at Dayton,,,,, so just admit that your guess was incorrect.
And did any other 'Top Program' go after him to hire him away from Dayton, and if not, why?

Many people here claim that UF is not even a pretty good school for B-Ball.
Pitino even told BillyD that he'd never get any real support at UF because it's just another SEC football school. :rolleyes:
How that works out to being a 'Top Opening' for a B-Ball coach in your opinion. leaves some questions imo... o_O

Futhermore, Mike White was and is a 'Home Run' hire as far as I'm concerned, before and after his 1st year at UF. :cool:
If future HoF BillyD was a 'Home Run' hire with 13 1st year wins, then 15 2nd year wins, then Mike White surely is with his 1st season 21 wins.... o_O

While YOU may think that UF could have done much better in hiring a new B-Ball coach,
I'm of the opinion that with 21 1st season wins, UF could have done much worse. :cool:

Nothing personal, everyone here has a right to their own opinions.... :)

I actually did address exactly what you requested.

It remains to be seen whether or not Miller will be at Dayton next year - there's an entire offseason ahead of us. A one-year extension (that you duplicitously framed as "an extension through 2023") is a ludicrous supporting argument that he will or will not be there. My point is that he's going to be at the top of nearly every AD's list who is looking to fill a vacancy, as you can plainly see here.

"Archie Miller (Dayton): Near the top of many wish lists, the 37-year-old Miller has posted a 115-55 record and three straight NCAA Tournament trips in five seasons at Dayton. His last three seasons have gone like this: 26-11 and Elite Eight, 27-9 and one NCAA Tournament win, and 25-8 and an NCAA Tournament first-round loss. Dayton beat Vanderbilt 72-67 at Memorial Gym this season."

I would GUESS that he'd take an opening at a good program/situation.

Florida would absolutely be an upgrade over Dayton, for the record.

It seems a bit silly to claim that White's a home run hire at this point. His recruiting needs to pick up and our guys completely shat the bed at the end of the year. We all obviously hope he ends up continuing Billy's legacy but to claim that he's as known of a commodity as Miller is absurd.

Also, why do you feel the need to emphasize to people that they have opinions? Isn't that obvious?

Last edited:
Nope. WRONG yet again. But then your own personal CHOKES about what reality is, is not a surprise for me. :cool: If I really G-a-S about your chokers, then I'd be constantly posting on THEIR board.

You see, it hasn't been decades since my Gator's made it to a Final Four, it's just been a couple of years ago. And unlike the Chokers, my team has actually won a relatively recent NC in B-Ball. The Gator's are also the last team to do so B-2-B. The team to do it before that was Duke, way back in the early 1990's....

2002 and 2009 insta-hen ( decades):eek: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

George Washington??? Good grief :eek::D:D:D:D

The lizzerds may have a coaching issue?o_O

Check out the 5th message.

"If it becomes clear to the moderators that your only purpose in posting on this board is to incite other posters and / or make a general pest of yourself, the moderators reserve the right to ban you. This is especially the case if you are repeatedly warned and/or banned and reinstated."

However, the doomer swooners will never have any problems choking... :p

This Decade runs from 2010 > 2019
That puts both 2002 and 2009 outside of this decade.

IF you want to go by the past 10 years, calling that a decade, then;
2002 is 14 years ago, nearly a decade and a half ago.
2009 is 7 years ago and fast approaching a (10 years) decade.

And the chokers last B-Ball NC was when? o_O

PS
What did GWU do to their next NIT opponent, after winning our game by 5 pts in their own house, and with UF playing without their starting center? It's too bad that the O'Dome renovations couldn't have been put off for a couple of weeks, then those 1st 3 NIT game would have all been home games for the Gators.

Last edited:
I actually did address exactly what you requested.

It remains to be seen whether or not Miller will be at Dayton next year - there's an entire offseason ahead of us. A one-year extension (that you duplicitously framed as "an extension through 2023") is a ludicrous supporting argument that he will or will not be there. My point is that he's going to be at the top of nearly every AD's list who is looking to fill a vacancy, as you can plainly see here.

"Archie Miller (Dayton): Near the top of many wish lists, the 37-year-old Miller has posted a 115-55 record and three straight NCAA Tournament trips in five seasons at Dayton. His last three seasons have gone like this: 26-11 and Elite Eight, 27-9 and one NCAA Tournament win, and 25-8 and an NCAA Tournament first-round loss. Dayton beat Vanderbilt 72-67 at Memorial Gym this season."

I would GUESS that he'd take an opening at a good program/situation.

Florida would absolutely be an upgrade over Dayton, for the record.

It seems a bit silly to claim that White's a home run hire at this point. His recruiting needs to pick up and our guys completely shat the bed at the end of the year. We all obviously hope he ends up continuing Billy's legacy but to claim that he's as known of a commodity as Miller is absurd.

Also, why do you feel the need to emphasize to people that they have opinions? Isn't that obvious?

You like Archie Bunker
, I like Mike White.
So be it.
Oh btw, my guy IS the Gator's new B-Ball coach, and that's a fact, not an opinion.
My opinions are silly iyo, while your opinions have proven to be irrelevant at best.
Your own guesses and opinions don't seem to carry much weight in the face of the facts.

Other AD's lists I don't care about. Was Archie on Foley's list, I haven't bothered to look?

I hope that Mike continues UF's B-Ball legacy, BillyD's legacy is now with the Ok-Thunder.
While I do appreciate what both Spurrier & Donovan did while at UF, they are both gone now.
And I'd say that UF did as much for them and their careers, as they did for UF.
Career making is not a one way street, just ask any of the other Gator sports coaches.

Lastly, because so many sports message board posters seem to get confused about what is just a personal opinion, and what an actual fact is....

Last edited:

UF 74 - 66 tOSU (-8) In his own house, Coach Matta couldn't beat White's team. o_O

UF 77 - 82 GWU (+5)
GWU averaged giving up 69.3 pts/gm, UF scored 77 on them in their house.
GWU's next 2 NIT opponents averaged just 53 pts/gm.

GWU 65 - 46 SDSt (-19)

GWU 76 - 60 Valparaiso (-16)

GWU is the 2016 NIT Champion with their 76-60 (-16) win over 1 Seed Valparaiso.
Kinda makes UF''s -5 point loss to them in their home arena look a bit better....

They were on fire from the arc while the Gators shot 29% from the arc. Just 2 more 3's by our guys and they win that game, so obviously it's our new coaches fault... :rolleyes:

Young B-Ball coach White's 21 win 1st season looks pretty good to me.

In comparison, a young BillyD's 1st season was good for only 13 wins.
And Mike got those 21 wins with the loser 16 win team that BillyD left behind...

Lon Kruger took UF to the Final Four 2 years before BillyD arrived at UF and won 13 games.
BillyD took UF to the Final Four 2 years before Mike White arrived at UF and won 21 games.

BillyD didn't make it to an NIT until his 3rd year at UF, and it took until his 4th season to make the Dance.

You like Archie Bunker
, I like Mike White.
So be it.
Oh btw, my guy IS the Gator's new B-Ball coach, and that's a fact, not an opinion.
My opinions are silly iyo, while your opinions have proven to be irrelevant at best.
Your own guesses and opinions don't seem to carry much weight in the face of the facts.

Other AD's lists I don't care about. Was Archie on Foley's list, I haven't bothered to look?

I hope that Mike continues UF's B-Ball legacy, BillyD's egacy is now with the Ok-Thunder.
While I do appreciate what both Spurrier & Donovan did while at UF, they are both gone now.
And I'd say that UF did as much for them and their careers, as they did for UF.
Career making is not a one way street, just ask any of the other Gator sports coaches.

Lastly, because so many sports message board posters seem to get confused about what is just a personal opinion, and what an actual fact is....

I never said I don't like Coach White.

I also wasn't using other AD's lists as proof that Miller is a great candidate - not sure why you're arguing against that straw man.

Yeah, BillyD doesn't have a legacy here anymore. Please.

Sloan has a UF legacy.
Kruger has a UF legacy.
Donovan has a UF legacy.
White will have a UF legacy eventually.
Just like Spurrier has a UF legacy, or maybe 2 UF legacies, and a SCa legacy, and an SEC legacy....
So what? o_O

I'm just gonna keep up with the UF--GATOR legacy, like I have for the last 50+ years, and let the individual coaching records fall out were ever they may. :cool:

This horse is looking like a bloody puddle to me, so I'm going to quit beating it at this point.
Have a nice day, the 'different opinions' have been appreciated. :)

PS
Mike White is a Home Run hire, whether you realize it or not at this point... :D

Chokela homa in the FINAL 4 Insta will be in hives lol
============

iG -- Nope. WRONG yet again. But then your own personal CHOKES about what reality is, is not a surprise for me. :cool: If I really G-a-S about your chokers, then I'd be constantly posting on THEIR board.

And now for the coup-DA-gra,,, on the head-NAILED-to-DA-flor.... o_O

Just as I expected...
-- Villanove 95 - 51 (-44) Choke-la-homa
>>>

You can almost always count on the doomer-swooners for yet another epic CHOKE...
>>> The Wildcats' 95-51 win over Choke-la-homa is,,,
the largest margin of victory ever in a Final Four. :D:D:D:D:D
(nice record to set, you're nailed yet again)

The Swooners were (media-moron) ranked as the No. 1 team in the country this year.
OVERRR-RATED -- OVERRR-RATED -- OVERRR-RATED -- OVERRR-RATED
Choke-la-homa
is just the 2nd single-digit seed in modern NCAA Tournament history to lose a game by at least 44 points.

How does the Gators -5 loss (without our center) to eventual NIT Champion, in their house, compare now?
Little Villanova is heading to the National Championship game for the first time in 31 years.
While the overrated Dust-Bowl-Chokers are headed back home,,, where they belong.

See - Head-nailed-to-da-flor --->
and then disappear yet again.... :rolleyes:
(you'd think he'd be used to me feeding him his CROW dinners by now)

2015 Orange Bowl -- Chokers 17 - 37 Clemp's-son (+20)

* And now you know why both Kruger and Stoops are FORMER Gator coaches.
But you keep right on claiming that UF has the problem coaches, cause you're a pretty funny loser! chomp
chomp

Last edited:
Reactions: TennesseeGator
I guess that's the last we will see of the Oklahoma dude.....maybe he will come back and take his medicine....

That's highly unlikely Country. Like the tennis-sea Mad-Dog-Dollie, they just run their mouths, lose, and then disappear,,, as expected of their type of bandwagon fans... o_O

Mike White is one of 3 active SEC B-Ball coaches to win 20 or more games (21) in their first year on the job.

McElwain became just the 3rd coach in SEC history to reach the SEC-C game (10-2) in his rookie season. :cool: (finished 10-4) :(

While the doom & gloomers will continue to carp incessantly, it's Case Closed IMO.
At least for now, after their 1st season as the new Gator coaches.... :)

For a little bump to da Dust Bowl Choker-chump:

How have 1st year Gator football coaches done since iG started watching?
1st Season Total Wins:

1960 - Ray Graves - 9 Wins
1970 - Doug Dickey - 7 Wins
1979 - Charlie Pell - 0 Wins (gave him a break cause he followed 4th & Dumb Dig-Ducky)
1985 - Galen Hall - 9 Wins
1990 - Steve Spurrier - 9 Wins
2002 - Ron Zook - 8 Wins
2005 - Urban Meyer - 9 Wins
2015 - Jim McElwain - 10 Wins - 7-1 SEC, 6-0 SECe
(even with the PUBAR that musclecramp left, and losing his starting QB mid-season)

Our 1st real nibble on the Mc-Nuss offense will be coming to us this season. Yee-Haw!

For a little bump to da Dust Bowl Choker-chump:

How have 1st year Gator football coaches done since iG started watching?
1st Season Total Wins:

1960 - Ray Graves - 9 Wins
1970 - Doug Dickey - 7 Wins
1979 - Charlie Pell - 0 Wins (gave him a break cause he followed 4th & Dumb Dig-Ducky)
1985 - Galen Hall - 9 Wins
1990 - Steve Spurrier - 9 Wins
2002 - Ron Zook - 8 Wins
2005 - Urban Meyer - 9 Wins
2015 - Jim McElwain - 10 Wins - 7-1 SEC, 6-0 SECe
(even with the PUBAR that musclecramp left, and losing his starting QB mid-season)

Our 1st real nibble on the Mc-Nuss offense will be coming to us this season. Yee-Haw!

Please quit portraying a Nuss offense as something to behold. Its 2016, not 1986

Did you miss that stellar gameplan he assembled for FSU and Michigan last year? So did everybody else
The offensive gameplan was actually very good in the first half against Michigan. Unfortunately when you have a QB as bad as Harris it really doesn't matter what gameplan you have.

How come you only bring up the gameplan for those games and not the game plans against Ole Miss, Tennessee and UGA? Because against it doesn't suit your argument? More cherry picking?

Reactions: instaGATOR
Why ever bring up any games that Treon played in? seriously

no matter who plays Qb now it can't be as bad, even our two back ups can check off at the line and look competent throwing a ball that doesn't skip across water

Why ever bring up any games that Treon played in? seriously

no matter who plays Qb now it can't be as bad, even our two back ups can check off at the line and look competent throwing a ball that doesn't skip across water

++

I was unhappy with the Michigan gameplan. But losing to FSU the way we did was not a surprise, given how poorly we played the last few games before that one

Having certain twits on IGNORE 85-90% of the time works fairly well for me. :cool:

I will occasionally look at the idiot posts when I need a laugh :D, or when I feel like (verbally) slappin' a twit a time or two.... :p

Last edited:
Having certain twits on IGNORE 85-90% of the time works fairly well for me. :cool:

I will occasionally look at the idiot posts when I need a laugh :D, or when I feel like slappin' a twit a time or two.... :p

"Twits" and "idiots."

A fine example of non-personal attacks.

Did you miss that Florida won the SEC East?

That's certainly a good thing, as ultimately the Gators' win total is. Congrats.

Losing the last three in a row isn't as bad as it appears given the opponents and coaches: 'Bama (Saban), FSU (Fisher), and Michigan (Harbaugh). So...losing those games isn't the issue. The skid was truly bad because the team wasn't competetive in those games. It just looked ugly.

I also think winning the SEC east this season isn't as great as it has been in the past. You've been a Gator fan for a long time. I personally can't think of a season where the SEC east was as bad as it was in 2015. Can you think of one worse?

You guys have some holes to fill...and that will happen. I really think it's unfair to be a big critic of Mac...nor is appropriate to coronate him. I think with the right guys in place Mac will do well.

Reactions: miksta
"Twits" and "idiots."

A fine example of non-personal attacks.

And yet another fine example from the stalking troll, who rarely follows a threads subject, but always goes after the posts of another 'long-time' Gator fan. Congrats on that Dunny... :p

That's certainly a good thing, as ultimately the Gators' win total is. Congrats.

Losing the last three in a row isn't as bad as it appears given the opponents and coaches: 'Bama (Saban), FSU (Fisher), and Michigan (Harbaugh). So...losing those games isn't the issue. The skid was truly bad because the team wasn't competetive in those games. It just looked ugly.

I also think winning the SEC east this season isn't as great as it has been in the past. You've been a Gator fan for a long time. I personally can't think of a season where the SEC east was as bad as it was in 2015. Can you think of one worse?

You guys have some holes to fill...and that will happen. I really think it's unfair to be a big critic of Mac...nor is appropriate to coronate him. I think with the right guys in place Mac will do well.
agreed. He's off to a better start in a tougher conference than fisher.

You didn't think he was going to bring that up did you? We didn't win the East in Meyer's first year. I wonder if he was complaining about that then

But we won the entire SEC and the NC in his second year? Are you anticipating that to happen for us this year, otherwise this was a pointless post

The offensive gameplan was actually very good in the first half against Michigan. Unfortunately when you have a QB as bad as Harris it really doesn't matter what gameplan you have.

How come you only bring up the gameplan for those games and not the game plans against Ole Miss, Tennessee and UGA? Because against it doesn't suit your argument? More cherry picking?

We were lucky to beat UT, the gameplan wasn't special. UGa was checked out by the time we played them.

But we won the entire SEC and the NC in his second year? Are you anticipating that to happen for us this year, otherwise this was a pointless post
which coach do you think inherited the more talented roster? It's not even close. Meyer inherited a much better roster than McElwain. For one Meyer inherited a guy that can actually play QB. Nobody is saying McElwain is as good or better than Meyer because since then Meyer has obviously proven himself. But you compare Meyer's first season at UF to McElwain's first season at UF and they are very similar. Hence the reason why it is way too early to be throwing in the towel already.

Do you even give any UF coaches a few years? McElwain just exceeded everybody's expectations and your already calling for his head. You know how irrational that looks right?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT