ADVERTISEMENT

Jimbo was going to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess it is just my perception that you quoted me or other Gators when you made the statement.

Not so much a "TO" as it is a "WITH"...I've mostly been conversing with you, Bay, and MJ in this thread. I think my opinions on the matter are clear for all parties, though. It's a silly topic to say the least (certainly not 7-page worthy), but it passes the time. LOL

Not so much a "TO" as it is a "WITH"...I've mostly been conversing with you, Bay, and MJ in this thread. I think my opinions on the matter are clear for all parties, though. It's a silly topic to say the least (certainly not 7-page worthy), but it passes the time. LOL

Well at least you are not attacking me, haha!

You are the biggest baby on this board and that's saying a lot. Someone seriously needs to get you a pacifier! Sheesh

dje, so ban us. Seriously. I haven't broken any rules that I am aware of. If your social skills are so lacking that you can't have a normal conversation pull a Shime and cry for Nole bannings when you don't like the conversation outcome.....in a 7 page thread about a Nole coach....started by a Gator.

Attacking? Ok.

Calling you a baby is not attacking you, it's merely an observation. You really need to grow a sack. You are wayyyyyy too sensitive to be posting on message boards.

There's ALWAYS a chance, heck Bowden almost bolted for Bama (his dream job).
Twice, I think. Both in the 80s, after two coaches at Bama left or were fired. And both times, FSU had to pony up a substantial raise to keep him. Which, in retrospect, was money well spent

Delusional in saying the state and University were broke and that paying 20 million to start over was far fetched? I realize the 2 departments are separate as MJ stated but also like he stated the optics would have been terrible. For that reason the deal would have been tough to push through. If none of this was in play LSU can back the $$ truck up and do what they want. Different circumstances in play though.
All good reasoning. But none of it discusses whether Jimbo was truly interested or was just trolling to increase his negotiating position with FSU.

From a negotiating standpoint, he now has FSU by the short hairs, just a bit.

Good for him.

MJ, he has always had them by the short hairs dating back to his HCIW status. He has made the University spend a lot of money but he has also made them a lot of money. Our rivals are lucky we couldn't get Bob out the door sooner or we would be that much further along. If he tanks a couple of seasons he will lose his card face a little.

Personally I don't think he reached out to LSU. He didn't have to. His agent probably floated his name with Jimbo's approval, before or after LSU made mention of him, and it got him more $ and more recognition. It happens every year. LSU, UGA, Auburn, Texas and WVU yet to Bay's surprise he keeps signing kids to come play for him.

His agent probably floated his name with Jimbo's approval, before or after LSU made mention of him, and it got him more $ and more recognition.

I think that is probably right.

That said, there are persistent, if muted rumors that FSU and Jimbo don't always see eye to eye on many things. But I am sure that is somewhat true for any successful coach and any AD department.

I have heard the relationship has improved tremendously. Thrasher has played a big role in that. The school just received a 100 million dollar endowment/donation today which I believe is the largest in school history. Money to be used towards the entrepreneurship program. I think there is a lot of good eye to eye in Tallahassee today.

I have heard the relationship has improved tremendously. Thrasher has played a big role in that. The school just received a 100 million dollar endowment/donation today which I believe is the largest in school history. Money to be used towards the entrepreneurship program. I think there is a lot of good eye to eye in Tallahassee today.

Yup. Without Thrasher, I believe Fisher to LSU would have simply been an eventuality rather than speculative.

1644808.jpg

Last edited:
Twice, I think. Both in the 80s, after two coaches at Bama left or were fired. And both times, FSU had to pony up a substantial raise to keep him. Which, in retrospect, was money well spent

LSU wanted Bowden in the early 80's too.

Bowden would have left in 87 for Alabama if the job had been offered, instead they wanted him to come interview.

Yup. Without Thrasher, I believe Fisher to LSU would have simply been an eventuality rather than speculative.

There was so much wrong info on Tigerdroppings. That's why I discounted all of it. The "Insiders" all said that Jimbo didn't get along with the FSU Admin and was looking to get out and that we were getting hammered by the NCAA for "rape stuff."

All of it laughable.

Do you not realize that's exactly what you are doing??

Actually dip spit, when I was making fun one of your brethren about the finances of LSU vs f$u you insisted on being a part of that conversation, and because I didn't give in to your off topic responses, you resorted to name calling. Now get lost troll.

Actually dip spit, when I was making fun one of your brethren about the finances of LSU vs f$u you insisted on being a part of that conversation, and because I didn't give in to your off topic responses, you resorted to name calling. Now get lost troll.

You quoted my post on page 7 and that's what started the back and forth. I thought you had me on ignore?? And there you go being a baby again. Smh

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT