ADVERTISEMENT

Jimbo was going to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does anyone want our garbage coach anyway?? How do I know he's garbage?? Because gators told me he was.

Yes, I've noticed. I've participated, but I'm realizing more and more, WHO CARES!? LOL
Exactly. At the moment, FSU has him for at least another year. Probably longer, unless he shows that "GaTech" is an ongoing habit that has recurred from his first three years, rather than a rebuilding year aberration.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcanes

I guess I just don't get what this whole thread is even about. What am I missing?
It's your fans, your writers (I.e. Schoeffel) and now your AD who are making a big deal of the issue...by publicly denying LSU's assertions that negotiations between LSU and FSU did, in fact, take place.

Therefore, it's fair to point out a conspicuous fact....that your head coach, the man in the middle of all this, won't publicly deny that he engaged in negotiations with LSU.

It's your fans, your writers (I.e. Schoeffel) and now your AD who are making a big deal of the issue...by publicly denying LSU's assertions that negotiations between LSU and FSU did, in fact, take place.

Therefore, it's fair to point out a conspicuous fact....that your head coach, the man in the middle of all this, won't publicly deny that he engaged in negotiations with LSU.

LOL...one of their fans even tried to dismiss LSU due to finances....very funny coming from a fan of school whos athletic dept has a lesser revenue and a higher reliance on taxpayer money then LSU does. But that is delusionoles for you!

Reactions: GatorGray
LOL...one of their fans even tried to dismiss LSU due to finances....very funny coming from a fan of school whos athletic dept has a lesser revenue and a higher reliance on taxpayer money then LSU does. But that is delusionoles for you!

According to this report, we're not doing too shabby in the Athletic Dept revenue area. Not bad for the little ole school out of the lowly ACC.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/wri...sports-sec-big-ten-dominate-100m-revenue-club

According to this report, we're not doing too shabby in the Athletic Dept revenue area. Not bad for the little ole school out of the lowly ACC.

http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaaf/wri...sports-sec-big-ten-dominate-100m-revenue-club

It still proves the nole wrong implied LSU had no chance at jimbo due to finannces.....your chart still shows that LSU has higher revenue, and it doesn't dispute the fact that f$u gets more taxpayer assistance. But keep trying, you're doing wonderfully!

...by publicly denying LSU's assertions that negotiations between LSU and FSU did, in fact, take place.

Now you've got me confused Bay (seriously). This came from Baton Rouge (not Tally) on Dec 4th:

A day after a report stating Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher was in negotiations to become the next head coach at LSU, the Tigers’ athletic director said he instead made inquiries into coaches to replace Les Miles.

“We made some inquiries,” LSU athletic director Joe Alleva told
The (Baton Rouge, La.) Advocate on Friday. “There’s talk about negotiations. There were no negotiations. There were inquiries made.

“There’s a big difference between inquiries and negotiations.”

A. Jimbo was bolting for LSU with a signed/sealed "negotiated" deal until Miles was retained at the final hour.
B. Jimbo's agent responded to some LSU inquires and looked into what would be best for his client. Jimbo likely wanted to hear about what was on the table.
C. ZERO communication took place between LSU and Fisher. Fisher would never leave for a terrible (aka: lesser) job at LSU.

If I'm understanding the 7 pages correctly, Gators think A happened and Noles think C happened.

MJ and I think B happened.

Did I get this correct?

It still proves the nole wrong implied LSU had no chance at jimbo due to finannces.....your chart still shows that LSU has higher revenue, and it doesn't dispute the fact that f$u gets more taxpayer assistance. But keep trying, you're doing wonderfully!

I didn't post that to show we had higher revenue than LSU, hell I know we don't. I posted it to show we're not as far back as one would think. And if you believe what's coming out of LSU, finances is indeed one of the reasons for keeping Les Miles.

I didn't post that to show we had higher revenue than LSU, hell I know we don't. I posted it to show we're not as far back as one would think. And if you believe what's coming out of LSU, finances is indeed one of the reasons for keeping Les Miles.

In that case, thank you very much for answering questions I never asked.

Reactions: GatorGray
Not enough to build a stadium....but I didn't ask that question either.

Also, I need specific numbers. Over, let's say the last 5 years. How much taxpayer money have been used to fund the FSU athletic dept vs the Florida athletic dept?? Get those to me pronto.

How much taxpayer money does FSU athletic dept receives versus your team??
FSU relies far more on student subsidies (read: taxes) than Florida. In fact, were it not for those subsides, then FSU would have operated in the red

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances

2qjkrb9.jpg

Well you're the one who threw that out there. I just asked for clarification and numbers. Oh well

No, actually you are the one that took the discussion off-topic. I was laughing at your buddy who tried to infer that LSU had no chance at jimbo due to finances, when actually LSU has more revenue, and less taxpayer money. But noles will be noles....

Thanks for the link. Looks like we were over 7% and you guys were close to 3.5%. But my God look at Rutgers. Wow!
BTW, on the subject of revenues, I do not believe these 2014 numbers represent the SEC Network revenues. Those were announced and distributed in May of 2015. SEC TV will increase each SEC school's revenue by as much as $31mm. It will differ from program to program, as some schools like Florida and Alabama had TV licensing revenue from tier three sources before the SEC network. So oddly enough, our SEC TV contribution to total revenue will not increase as much on a net basis as say Vandy. Or any other program that did not have a tier three TV rights contract.

Last edited:
"Louisiana's public colleges are hoping for the best but preparing for the worst as they face a drop in state funding of up to 82 percent. As the state legislature fails to make headway covering a $608 million shortfall in higher education spending, its public colleges are bracing for the prospect of budget cuts so deep some institutions — including the state's biggest public flagship — might have to declare financial exigency. That's college funding-speak for something akin to bankruptcy."

"Under financial exigency, a bankruptcy-like status that gives institutions a legal pathway to change contracts or other financial obligations, schools would have more freedom to lay off tenured professors or eliminate programs and departments."

"But when new worries surfaced this week about the university's credit rating and the threat of a possible bankruptcy filing, national investors backed out of much of the deal before the closing, Kennedy said. The university then scrapped the bond sale."

So I realize Boosters would probably take the financial hit on all the buyouts but how can LSU justify it when they are dealing with the above? You want to talk about sending the wrong message? Let's pay a coach 15 million to go away and throw another 5 million to bring a potential new guy in. All this before you pay the new guy dime one of his new, inflated salary. Add to that let's fire some professors and employee's because we can't cover payroll. Not sure if the talk about LSU not having money was intended for me but this is what I was talking about. It is also why I called the state broke dick as well.

You realize that the athletic department as LSU has separate funding from the LSU university system?

The optics would have been terrible to pay Les Miles his golden parachute and then pay for a new coach. But it would not have impacted the academic side.

Not sure if the talk about LSU not having money was intended for me but this is what I was talking about. It is also why I called the state broke dick as well.

MJ already said it, but I was pointing the irony and delusionole aspect of you saying that about LSU, as a means of saying there was no chance jimbo would leave, when their atheltic dept has MORE revenue than f$u, and they don't rely on taxpayer money. But carry on, you are doing great.

MJ already said it, but I was pointing the irony and delusionole aspect of you saying that about LSU, as a means of saying there was no chance jimbo would leave, when their atheltic dept has MORE revenue than f$u, and they don't rely on taxpayer money. But carry on, you are doing great.

There's ALWAYS a chance, heck Bowden almost bolted for Bama (his dream job).

Delusional in saying the state and University were broke and that paying 20 million to start over was far fetched? I realize the 2 departments are separate as MJ stated but also like he stated the optics would have been terrible. For that reason the deal would have been tough to push through. If none of this was in play LSU can back the $$ truck up and do what they want. Different circumstances in play though.

Delusional in saying the state and University were broke and that paying 20 million to start over was far fetched? I realize the 2 departments are separate as MJ stated but also like he stated the optics would have been terrible. For that reason the deal would have been tough to push through. If none of this was in play LSU can back the $$ truck up and do what they want. Different circumstances in play though.

Bad optics is rarely the reason things like this are stopped....otherwise, you wouldn't have a taxpayer funded stadium.

Point is, you come to OUR board, and RRT you azz off, but ignore your buddies who troll here, and you say nothing even when you know they are wrong...just pointing that.

You are the biggest baby on this board and that's saying a lot. Someone seriously needs to get you a pacifier! Sheesh

dje, so ban us. Seriously. I haven't broken any rules that I am aware of. If your social skills are so lacking that you can't have a normal conversation pull a Shime and cry for Nole bannings when you don't like the conversation outcome.....in a 7 page thread about a Nole coach....started by a Gator.

dje, so ban us. Seriously. I haven't broken any rules that I am aware of. If your social skills are so lacking that you can't have a normal conversation pull a Shime and cry for Nole bannings when you don't like the conversation outcome.....in a 7 page thread about a Nole coach....started by a Gator.

LOL....I never said you broke rules or asked for bannings...never cried about anything, just point out your hypocrisy...now you attack me....so typical of you giuys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT