ADVERTISEMENT

It's the economy stupid

When you say "response to a cold virus" you lose any remaining credibility that you had.
i am not too worried about my credibility. the response was to shut the country down and wreck the value or our currency. the country was changed forever. covid is in fact a cold virus, its a novel cold virus, but a cold virus none the less. Should we have protected our frail that were waiting on heavens doorstep? yes, to the best of our abilities. should we have told the truth about who was at risk so they could best protect themselves? yes, should we have shut the entire country down and arrest people going to the beach or gym so they could day drink and binge eat??? absolutely not. it killed more people than it saved, by a large margin. if you look at expected mortality tables you will see that it pulled forward those that were scheduled to pass by up to 18 months/

Yes, all of the above, myself, family, friends, neighbors all under economic duress and financial hardship during Biden's presidency. None of the above had issues during Trump's presidency. In fact, we all blossomed while Trump was in office, as did most people. All of the above are middle aged, middle class, home owners with mortgages (homes bought years ago before covid run up appreciation) hard working folks raising families with young kids. This category of folks had taxes reduced by Trump and cost of living in check. This group of folks always gets screwed over by Democrats by being forced to pay for the free loaders while the rich are always rich regardless of who the President is or which party controls Congress and are oblivious to economic duress and financial hardships. I'm an independent that votes on maximizing take home pay and faith in God, Jesus, Holy Spirit so thus far I've voted Republican because they're the ones more likely to increase my take home pay and less likely to kill babies.
Only two reasons. take your pick.

GREAT for the elites!!! Have you bought groceries lately? Gasoline? Home insurance? Financed anything at 3 times the rate than 4 years ago? MOST people(as shown in the polls) are NOT stupid OR blind!
Didn't you know that we all get 10% discount coupons at the grocery stores and gas stations by just saying that the stock market closed at a record high.

I am trying to figure out whether the people on here pushing stock market, job growth, etc etc while just ignoring what the great majority of Americans are most concerned about like prices for food gas, rents, mortgage interest rates etc are just trolls who actually know better or are that stupid that they really don't get it.

I hope they realize that this bridge catastrophe will only raise prices even more, but don't count on it.

Last edited:
The reality is......its not the economy anymore. Trump had a good economy and never had a favorability rating of 50% or higher and lost the election. Economy is good now and Biden's approval ratings are near record lows.

Not that the economy doesn't matter at all, but its not the bell weather it used to be. Other factors have become more important.
Trump didn’t lose the election.

And he got more votes than anyone in history.

The reality is......its not the economy anymore. Trump had a good economy and never had a favorability rating of 50% or higher and lost the election. Economy is good now and Biden's approval ratings are near record lows.

Not that the economy doesn't matter at all, but its not the bell weather it used to be. Other factors have become more important.

Lol. The economy is good now. The middle and lower class would disagree. I literally just got out of an Uber with an immigrant from Turkey.

Amongst the first things he said about America now? The economy has sucked for 2 years now. I work 2 jobs to just pay bills

You are parroting a false narrative, and I know you know this. How do we know?

its a boom, if youre not doing well, youre either a sloth or an idiot. there are no other reasons.
Quite odd coming from someone who lost their gold membership during Biden's incompetence.

200w.gif

Didn't you know that we all get 10% discount coupons at the grocery stores and gas stations by just saying that the stock market closed at a record high.

I am trying to figure out whether the people on here pushing stock market, job growth, etc etc while just ignoring what the great majority of Americans are most concerned about like prices for food gas, rents, mortgage interest rates etc are just trolls who actually know better or are that stupid that they really don't get it.

I hope they realize that this bridge catastrophe will only raise prices even more, but don't count on it.
First of all, the job market is not really growing. Every place you turn, companies are downsizing and laying people off. There is a shortage of workers for low paying jobs because inflation is squeezing employers, increasing prices does not correlate one to one with wage increases, with regard to profitability. And the .GOV blatantly lies about the true inflationary rate, they exclude the non-discretionary things like housing, groceries, and transportation.

As for the stock market, equities are rising with inflation. A stock purchased 5 years ago that has maintained the same price has lost 15% of it's intrinsic value, maybe more if it pays no dividends.

Reactions: RussellCasse

No it is not. And it's bellwether. Sheesh. You keep doing you, undocumented-sh*t

Trump didn’t lose the election.

And he got more votes than anyone in history.
Let me be VERY, VERY clear about this. ANYONE. ANYONE who believes a guy that LOST his first two presidential elections, then hid in his basement and refused to campaign because he CANNOT complete a coherent sentence...is TOO STUPID to carry on a conversation about ANYTHING.

First of all, the job market is not really growing. Every place you turn, companies are downsizing and laying people off. There is a shortage of workers for low paying jobs because inflation is squeezing employers, increasing prices does not correlate one to one with wage increases, with regard to profitability. And the .GOV blatantly lies about the true inflationary rate, they exclude the non-discretionary things like housing, groceries, and transportation.

As for the stock market, equities are rising with inflation. A stock purchased 5 years ago that has maintained the same price has lost 15% of it's intrinsic value, maybe more if it pays no dividends.
California businesses have already chopped jobs as their ridiculous minimum wage of $20/hr kicks in April 1. These idiotic liberal pols never think about or just don't care about the responses businesses have to take when stupid edicts like this are put in.

No it is not. And it's bellwether. Sheesh. You keep doing you, undocumented-sh*t
Dude, you should follow me around. I spell things wrong, or have typo's all the time (probably some on this post). You can make yourself useful and point them all out! Like a public service........I mean, every man needs something to make him feel good about himself.

Lord knows you haven't demonstrated the ability to do anything else worth a shit......so this may be your calling.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LordofallSocks
GREAT for the elites!!! Have you bought groceries lately? Gasoline? Home insurance? Financed anything at 3 times the rate than 4 years ago? MOST people(as shown in the polls) are NOT stupid OR blind!
LOL, ya, it was cool when Trump bragged about the market being at all time highs every time it happened in his term, but now its "great for the elites"

Time to change your name to Capt Hypocrite.

• Haha
LOL, ya, it was cool when Trump bragged about the market being at all time highs every time it happened in his term, but now its "great for the elites"

What were the gas prices like when trump was in there? How about grocery prices? How much did you have to make to own a home during the trump presidency? Grow up Peter Pan.

Again, the proof is in the pudding. How are people doing?

The people are telling you how it’s doing. The same people are telling you how they were doing financially under Trump.

Whether or not you have the intellect to process that, is still questionable.

What were the gas prices like when trump was in there? How about grocery prices? How much did you have to make to own a home during the trump presidency? Grow up Peter Pan.

These are the voters (illegal shift) the left preys upon. The ones that all you have to do is tell them things are doing fine despite the world burning down around them.

You know…”the educated”.

Last edited:
Reactions: jsfgators
A sign of the times to see the Trump mafia trip all over themselves on here to try and spin the economy like we are in the great depression, LOL.

Look.....I don't credit Joe Biden.....he didn't do much of anything to cause it, but the economy is a hell of a lot better than pretty much every single economist predicted. The recession didn't happen (yet). And the inflation we have has been caused by factors mostly out of Biden's control and some of those factors stemming back to the Trump administration (but not Trump's fault either). This is what most economists say......not politicians. And BTW, inflation is a problem for most of the world right now. Its not something specific to the US. Lastly, the inflation rate has been cut in half since it spiked in 2021 right after Covid.

Is there not ONE honest man among you who will call it like it really is.........or is your "calling" to back Trump and disparage Biden "no matter what and regardless of the truth" simply too strong to allow in a little integrity?

Joe Biden has a lot of flaws, he is too old, he did nothing to secure the border for 3 years and only tried to push through a bill recently when his polling started to suck, he has a weak vice president, etc.........but can't we be just a little bit honest about where the economy is? I remember when inflation was in the double digits.....the economy we have right now is pretty strong by most measurements...................and I have tons of business clients who demonstrate that reality every quarter.

But if your analysis doesn't go any deeper than .........Gee, things cost more now.......please don't respond. Your just a waste of time.

A sign of the times to see the Trump mafia trip all over themselves on here to try and spin the economy like we are in the great depression, LOL.

Look.....I don't credit Joe Biden.....he didn't do much of anything to cause it, but the economy is a hell of a lot better than pretty much every single economist predicted. The recession didn't happen (yet). And the inflation we have has been caused by factors mostly out of Biden's control and some of those factors stemming back to the Trump administration (but not Trump's fault either). This is what most economists say......not politicians. And BTW, inflation is a problem for most of the world right now. Its not something specific to the US. Lastly, the inflation rate has been cut in half since it spiked in 2021 right after Covid.

Is there not ONE honest man among you who will call it like it really is.........or is your "calling" to back Trump and disparage Biden "no matter what and regardless of the truth" simply too strong to allow in a little integrity?

Joe Biden has a lot of flaws, he is too old, he did nothing to secure the border for 3 years and only tried to push through a bill recently when his polling started to suck, he has a weak vice president, etc.........but can't we be just a little bit honest about where the economy is? I remember when inflation was in the double digits.....the economy we have right now is pretty strong by most measurements...................and I have tons of business clients who demonstrate that reality every quarter.

But if your analysis doesn't go any deeper than .........Gee, things cost more now.......please don't respond. Your just a waste of time.
Honestly, the Biden economy hasnt hurt me like it has for other people. I have high demand trade skill that is basically recession proof. When the electric utility business start to go under, then its probably time to hit the under ground bunker. I have been very blessed in this regard. I purchased a home in Florida when the prices were rock bottom, with a great interest rate. I contribute aggressively toward my 401K. I have never had a credit card, and purchase with cash only ( outside of the mortgage ). I raise my own food, so I dont pay what the average man does for substandard counterfeit food. Frankly, my families net worth has been crushing it throughout all admins, no matter the overall economic conditions. However, I can still step back and look at what this economy is doing to people that have a different set of decisions. I have 3 children, and I am alarmed by how things are unfolding in terms of their economic future. The prospect of home ownership for them ( and their peers ) is something that is drifting away. With the rates where they are now, it seems like even owning a car as young adult is getting away from a lot of youngsters. The cost of energy is back breaking for many. Joe Biden has only stated that he was going to go to war with fossil fuels. The energy costs are a result of this looney tune idea of making fossil fuel expensive to make solar panels and wind turbines look cheap. This drives up costs across the board. Joe Biden continues to allow illegal aliens over the border, placing a wet blanket over wages. I think there are a subset of people who are doing just fine with what is happening right now, but I think many others ( mostly the working poor / and the youth ) are are being devoured by it. We have an obligation to leave this country in a better spot then where we have inherited it. We need to open the spigot all the way on the fossil fuels, and maybe even create tax incentives for fossil fuel companies to sell their product in the USA at market price. We need to build the wall and deport illegal aliens that supress the wages of the American worker. We need to impose trade barriers on countries that dont treat us properly. Donald is the only candidtae that is going to do those things.

you on SNAP still? you bum, think about the country, we are crushing it. If you need more money, try working.

Honestly, the Biden economy hasnt hurt me like it has for other people. I have high demand trade skill that is basically recession proof. When the electric utility business start to go under, then its probably time to hit the under ground bunker. I have been very blessed in this regard. I purchased a home in Florida when the prices were rock bottom, with a great interest rate. I contribute aggressively toward my 401K. I have never had a credit card, and purchase with cash only ( outside of the mortgage ). I raise my own food, so I dont pay what the average man does for substandard counterfeit food. Frankly, my families net worth has been crushing it throughout all admins, no matter the overall economic conditions. However, I can still step back and look at what this economy is doing to people that have a different set of decisions. I have 3 children, and I am alarmed by how things are unfolding in terms of their economic future. The prospect of home ownership for them ( and their peers ) is something that is drifting away. With the rates where they are now, it seems like even owning a car as young adult is getting away from a lot of youngsters. The cost of energy is back breaking for many. Joe Biden has only stated that he was going to go to war with fossil fuels. The energy costs are a result of this looney tune idea of making fossil fuel expensive to make solar panels and wind turbines look cheap. This drives up costs across the board. Joe Biden continues to allow illegal aliens over the border, placing a wet blanket over wages. I think there are a subset of people who are doing just fine with what is happening right now, but I think many others ( mostly the working poor / and the youth ) are are being devoured by it. We have an obligation to leave this country in a better spot then where we have inherited it. We need to open the spigot all the way on the fossil fuels, and maybe even create tax incentives for fossil fuel companies to sell their product in the USA at market price. We need to build the wall and deport illegal aliens that supress the wages of the American worker. We need to impose trade barriers on countries that dont treat us properly. Donald is the only candidtae that is going to do those t
He just doesn't get it because he doesn't want to. A third grader knows $1.60 for eggs is better than $3.00.
what kind of white trash eggs do you buy?? good lord. ASk @jsfgators how much he would sell his farm fresh eggs for from his chickens? it wont be 25 cents an egg. this isnt 1950

It’s a sign of the times that 60 percent of the country disapprove of Bidens handling of the economy.

It’s a sign of the times that 20 percent of the country say they are better off today, and 48 percent say they are worse off today.

Be better. When 60 percent disapprove of Joes economy, then it’s probably YOU who needs to be honest about Joes Economy.

Want more?

Ok, you got it.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: fatman76

FJB's biggest polling accomplishment is ....that he has had ZERO accomplishments. Are you BLIND, son?? Or just mentally challenged? Maybe just your every day lefty that cares more for your fascist agenda than the Country?? (EVERY democrat). Please let us all know...because even amongst brain dead lefties....his polling on the economy is HORRIBLE! WHY is that? And what is really important? YOUR opinion?(1 vote) or America's opinion?(160 million votes)

Reactions: RussellCasse
I
And when people loss jobs (company closed, laid off, no hours to give because of no business, etc.) because of covid closures/restrictions, then after the restrictions are over and people start going back to work, is that "creating" jobs???? Or when people take a 2nd or 3rd job just to survive, is that "creating" jobs????
It conveniently is if you have a “D” next to your name. If you have an “R” next to your name it means your incompetent and evil.

And I paid 3.79 for gas yesterday. Is your news gonna get me a refund? No it's not. I guess you are just too stupid to understand what MOST people care about right now.
This is the thing. That headline may be true. People don’t care about that. They care that their grocery bill 4 years ago cost them 200 and now it costs them 300.

People can post these fancy graphics on economics all day. And I get it, I minored in economics so I understand what they’re trying to say.

Doesn’t matter. Average person doesn’t care. They care about what comes out of THEIR pocket. Not what’s going into other peoples pockets.

This is the thing. That headline may be true. People don’t care about that. They care that their grocery bill 4 years ago cost them 200 and now it costs them 300.

People can post these fancy graphics on economics all day. And I get it, I minored in economics so I understand what they’re trying to say.

Doesn’t matter. Average person doesn’t care. They care about what comes out of THEIR pocket. Not what’s going into other peoples pockets.
Wrong math on groceries. Groceries have almost doubled. The polling and figures they are putting out are lies. I know what we used to spend, and I know what we ARE spending.

FJB's biggest polling accomplishment is ....that he has had ZERO accomplishments. Are you BLIND, son?? Or just mentally challenged? Maybe just your every day lefty that cares more for your fascist agenda than the Country?? (EVERY democrat). Please let us all know...because even amongst brain dead lefties....his polling on the economy is HORRIBLE! WHY is that? And what is really important? YOUR opinion?(1 vote) or America's opinion?(160 million votes)
You post like a 12 year old. Please grow up.

• Haha
Honestly, the Biden economy hasnt hurt me like it has for other people. I have high demand trade skill that is basically recession proof. When the electric utility business start to go under, then its probably time to hit the under ground bunker. I have been very blessed in this regard. I purchased a home in Florida when the prices were rock bottom, with a great interest rate. I contribute aggressively toward my 401K. I have never had a credit card, and purchase with cash only ( outside of the mortgage ). I raise my own food, so I dont pay what the average man does for substandard counterfeit food. Frankly, my families net worth has been crushing it throughout all admins, no matter the overall economic conditions. However, I can still step back and look at what this economy is doing to people that have a different set of decisions. I have 3 children, and I am alarmed by how things are unfolding in terms of their economic future. The prospect of home ownership for them ( and their peers ) is something that is drifting away. With the rates where they are now, it seems like even owning a car as young adult is getting away from a lot of youngsters. The cost of energy is back breaking for many. Joe Biden has only stated that he was going to go to war with fossil fuels. The energy costs are a result of this looney tune idea of making fossil fuel expensive to make solar panels and wind turbines look cheap. This drives up costs across the board. Joe Biden continues to allow illegal aliens over the border, placing a wet blanket over wages. I think there are a subset of people who are doing just fine with what is happening right now, but I think many others ( mostly the working poor / and the youth ) are are being devoured by it. We have an obligation to leave this country in a better spot then where we have inherited it. We need to open the spigot all the way on the fossil fuels, and maybe even create tax incentives for fossil fuel companies to sell their product in the USA at market price. We need to build the wall and deport illegal aliens that supress the wages of the American worker. We need to impose trade barriers on countries that dont treat us properly. Donald is the only candidtae that is going to do those things.
Jsf. What caused housing prices and car prices to go up?

I also remember back when I was a teenager and inflation was in double digits and folks used to worry about if people my age could ever buy a home. Things changed.

And just FYI, I don't support Biden. Because I dislike Trump the "Trumpies" on here like to call me a lefty and a liberal democrat, etc.........its what they are programmed to do because they can't think for themselves. I would have voted for Nikki Halley or Ron DeSantis or really any reasonable republican instead of the horrible choice we are left with. But it is what it is.

While I don't agree with much of the green new deal stuff.....you and Trump have a very short term view on energy policy.....what is good for us/me right now. I have a longer term view.....what is going to best for my children. The short term view hurts us in the long run.

Jsf. What caused housing prices and car prices to go up?

I also remember back when I was a teenager and inflation was in double digits and folks used to worry about if people my age could ever buy a home. Things changed.

And just FYI, I don't support Biden. Because I dislike Trump the "Trumpies" on here like to call me a lefty and a liberal democrat, etc.........its what they are programmed to do because they can't think for themselves. I would have voted for Nikki Halley or Ron DeSantis or really any reasonable republican instead of the horrible choice we are left with. But it is what it is.

While I don't agree with much of the green new deal stuff.....you and Trump have a very short term view on energy policy.....what is good for us/me right now. I have a longer term view.....what is going to best for my children. The short term view hurts us in the long run.
Who do you like then?
Legit question. Not meant to antagonize. I believe like you do you can dislike both and it’s ok.

Who do you like then?
Legit question. Not meant to antagonize. I believe like you do you can dislike both and it’s ok.
I would have voted for Haley. I probably won't vote with the two choices we have.....but I live in a state where it won't be close so its not that important. I didn't vote when it was Hillary vs Trump because I couldn't pull the trigger for either.

I have lived through double digit inflation, interest rates nearing 20%, waiting for an hour to get gas, the 2008 financial crises, etc. The current price for gas, groceries, etc. isn't much of an issue for me.....whoever is president we will get through the relatively tame inflation we have now (3.2% last I looked) and it will be nothing more than a speed bump in history.

The two things that move the needle for me are the things that, IMO, threaten our country the most for my kids and grandkids. 1) how divided we currently are and 2) the ever increasing deficit.

Nobody knows exactly when the deficit will become a really big problem.....but we are getting closer to it every day and neither of these two old guys are going to to much of anything to change that.

Reactions: treygator29
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT