ADVERTISEMENT

It's Officially FSU vs UF Week, Fellas!

is that before or after the 15th 3 and out by treon

6a00d83451b26169e2019aff8fd2ba970b-800wi

Reactions: Bellis30 and RHT 3
The toughest offense...FSU has faced so far this year was Clemson. They won the game in Tallahassee with a last minute 48 yard FG.

Louisville decided how many points they were going to score on you.

If Petrino wanted 80, Louisville would have scored 80.

We might break Francois in half. I am cautiously optimistic about the game as long as our guys do not celebrate the LSU game too long.

We might break Francois in half. I am cautiously optimistic about the game as long as our guys do not celebrate the LSU game too long.
two emotional games in a row...tough to do 3 in a row...will need 4 in a row, if UF wants the prize. Really tough on pros to do this, let alone college kids.

Reactions: sadgator
If the team has been celebrating the LSU win like sadgator has for the last three days, we are doomed.

Honestly, every single tangible and intangible factor, including coaching, favors FSU in this game. How anybody can even remotely suggest that Florida is in "good" shape or has any type of advantage is absurd. It will take a miracle of circumstances to pull this off. sadgator is totally serous.

Last year UF had a plus 5 min. on time of possession, and ran more plays than FSU. However with the # of injuries, if either team this year can get a significant advantage in TOP, it can make a difference.
We had 1 five min drive and 1 six minute drive, other than that, our D was out there way too long. They were gassed in the 4th q paired with some tough field position to defend. FSU is better offensively this year.

two emotional games in a row...tough to do 3 in a row...will need 4 in a row, if UF wants the prize. Really tough on pros to do this, let alone college kids.
I am going to focus on the second before I worry about the third

I wonder if UF should even show up. FSU is just too good. They are so good they lost to UNC on their home field.

I wonder if UF should even show up. FSU is just too good. They are so good they lost to UNC on their home field.

That's the UNC that got a last second penalty to set up a FG to win and is ranked above Arkansas..... that did not need a last second FG to win at all. You guys should put on unis that look like Lville and you might score every possession.

That's the UNC that got a last second penalty to set up a FG to win and is ranked above Arkansas..... that did not need a last second FG to win at all. You guys should put on unis that look like Lville and you might score every possession.
"Omg omg omg Florida's road loss to Arkansas was so totally worse than our home loss to UNC!"

We could do this all day long. Yes that is the UNC that also lost to UGA right?

We could do this all day long. Yes that is the UNC that also lost to UGA right?

Indeed. That's why I was surprised you went there in the first place. Before I put some money on the game, is Mac sandbagging on injuries?

Indeed. That's why I was surprised you went there in the first place. Before I put some money on the game, is Mac sandbagging on injuries?

Real talk, I would put money on the game if we had a decent OL. Florida is going to live in our backfield and abuse Francois just like everybody else has and it may even be worse. I don't know where to even start trying to predict this game. Maybe we'll get a fumble or a pic and control the game from ahead. Who knows.

This is an evenly matched game. FSU can't protect the QB so we should get to Francois a lot. But I'm assuming there will be lots of 1-on-1's and their WR's are good enough to make us pay, just depends on how quickly we can get to Francois. On the flip side FSU's run defense is actually decent but they can't stop the pass. So for now I don't see us being able to exploit their defensive weaknesses like the better offensive teams can. Unless we somehow bully them in the run game I think points are gonna be hard to come by. Should be a 24-17 type game either way. I'd say we gotta hold them to 14-17 to win.

Reactions: Bellis30
That Francois kid is really good. I would hate to see him playing behind a good offensive line. I agree with Oozie, we will need to hold them to 17 or less to have a decent shot at winning.

I'm thinking 17 directly from offense. Special teams might have to score too, idk. Both these teams are up and down so it's hard to know what to expect. Good thing I don't bet.

This is an evenly matched game. FSU can't protect the QB so we should get to Francois a lot. But I'm assuming there will be lots of 1-on-1's and their WR's are good enough to make us pay, just depends on how quickly we can get to Francois. On the flip side FSU's run defense is actually decent but they can't stop the pass. So for now I don't see us being able to exploit their defensive weaknesses like the better offensive teams can. Unless we somehow bully them in the run game I think points are gonna be hard to come by. Should be a 24-17 type game either way. I'd say we gotta hold them to 14-17 to win.

Oozie..........

Re: "FSU's run defense is actually decent but they can't stop the pass."

NOTE: FSU cornerback Tarvarus McFadden leads the nation in INT's. So bring it on.

NOTE #2: Last time FSU played an SEC team (Ole Miss on the road) FSU freshman kicker Ricky Aguayo booted 6 for 6. Point is about all FSU has to do is get on the other side of the 50 and it's 3 points. How would you say UF's kicker compares?

Oozie..........

NOTE: FSU cornerback Tarvarus McFadden leads the nation in INT's. So bring it on.

NOTE #2: Last time FSU played an SEC team (Ole Miss on the road)s FSU freshman kicker Ricky Aguayo booted 6 for 6. Point is about all FSU has to do is get on the other side of the 50 and it's 3 points. How would you say UF's kicker compares?
I guess Orlando is considered "on the road". Our kicker is 3 for 4 over 50 this year, so not too shabby. I noticed Vandy, which was averaging just under 20 points per game, managed to score 38 against ole miss in their win over the black bears.

Oozie..........

NOTE #2: Last time FSU played an SEC team (Ole Miss on the road) FSU freshman kicker Ricky Aguayo booted 6 for 6. Point is about all FSU has to do is get on the other side of the 50 and it's 3 points. How would you say UF's kicker compares?

I know about McFadden but I would still say your secondary isn't as good as your run defense. Not to say they're bad just that it isn't the strength of the defense. And they got torched by the better offenses too. Now they've settled some since then but it's also been against bad defenses. Either way I'm not expecting us to be able to take advantage of it which is why I said we'd have to bully you on the ground.

Reactions: Bellis30
I think UF will dominate for most of the game, keeping FSU on their heels up and down the field. But FSU will get an occasional explosive play, where Dalvin Cook, or a WR, breaks loose, which will even things out.

Sort of like 2012, except FSU has a better QB and RB this time.

UF doesn't do things on offense that gives FSU trouble. That said, Apple B has some decent mobility and a decent arm.

i look for UF to do a lot of crossing routes, and a lot of pre snap formations in hope of causing confusion. If UF does the usual 3/5 step drop straight back the FSU defensive ends will kill the UF tackles. It will get ugly. I also look for UF to go deep several times in hopes of breaking a long one. FSU is vulnerable up the middle not on the corners.

The UF D line will probably cause FSU to have to go outside. The ends for UF are ok but are not the biggest in the world and can be pinched inside. If Cook can get to the edge I think he will do damage because UF's LB's are young.

I don't really know if UF covers TE's all that well because I can't think of a team that really utilized them they played against. I think if Cook gets off at all the TE will be there for FSU all night.

Barring turnovers, special teams, etc, I think at home FSU is a 7-10 point favorite. At this stage of the year, you are who you are when it comes to rankings, record, etc.

That said, in 2012 if you'd have told me UF would put extra O lineman in the game and our DC wouldn't adjust I'd call you crazy. Or that EJ was gonna fumble five damn times. Inside the twenty every time .

Final FSU 31- UF 21

I guess Orlando is considered "on the road". Our kicker is 3 for 4 over 50 this year, so not too shabby. I noticed Vandy, which was averaging just under 20 points per game, managed to score 38 against ole miss in their win over the black bears.

You think perhaps having their star QB Kelly in the game could have helped Ole Miss?

Interesting Stat:
Since Mac took over at UF, they are 18-6. fsu is also18-6 over that same period.

Last edited:
Some metrics comparing the two teams:
ADVANCED STATS FLORIDA STATE FLORIDA
F/+ Ranking 14 19
ESPN FPI Ranking 9 22
Strength of Schedule 13 60
S&P+ Offensive Ranking 5 88
S&P+ Passing Ranking 22 56
Completion percentage* 60.8 59
Passing yards per attempt* 8.67 7.16
Passing Touchdowns* 14 10
Sacks allowed 34 15
S&P+ Rushing Ranking 4 103
Rushing yards per attempt* 5.07 3.67
Rushing Touchdowns* 20 7
Red zone touchdown percentage 76.47 51.35
Turnovers lost 15 15
S&P+ Defensive Ranking 31 5
S&P+ Passing Defense Ranking 41 9
Completion percentage allowed* 59.7 44.9
Passing yards per attempt allowed* 7.98 6.19
Passing Touchdowns allowed* 14 5
Sacks 41 28
S&P+ Rushing Defense Ranking 30 7
Rushing yards per attempt allowed* 3.64 3.17
Rushing Touchdowns allowed* 9 5
Red zone touchdown percentage allowed 62.5 42.31
Turnovers gained 20 18
S&P+ Special Teams Ranking 39 3

How much "looking forward" do you think is going on with either the UF players or coaches thinking about the Bama game. The SEC Championship in Atlanta is coming whether UF wins or loses in Tallahassee.

1) FSU-Cook has yet to play the Gator defense. Last year and the year before are not this years team. In fact, the defense that started to begin this season, is not the same defense now.

LSU was a 14 pt favorite at home, with no one giving the Gator's a ghost of a chance to win. -14 + 6 = 20, so that win was a lot bigger than the game score imo.

Now, nothing matters about what either team has done so far. The only thing that matters is what happens this coming Saturday night,,, on Ron Zook field... :D

Last edited:
How much "looking forward" do you think is going on with either the UF players or coaches thinking about the Bama game. The SEC Championship in Atlanta is coming whether UF wins or loses in Tallahassee.

UF is going to come out firing on all cylinders in the first half on offense like they did in the first half of the USCjr game and the UT game. Will they put points on the board or have breakdowns in the red zone. Can they maintain it in the 2nd half will be the question?

Ahhh, Ron Zook III. Follow the private jet. Let's see there was Bob Stoops.......no thanks. Then there was Mike Shanahan........are you serious? And then, there was the Zooker. Wow.........very similar to Mack...elwain. Jury is still out though. Guess we all have to wait and see.

Whoa! Lot riding on the year end!!! Yikes!

The only thing I know about the aftermath of this game is that igloo and I will still be friends.

He's a good guy, I think that we can generally agree upon.

Reactions: sadgator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT