ADVERTISEMENT

It's Officially FSU vs UF Week, Fellas!

alaskanseminole

Bull Gator
Oct 20, 2002
San Antonio, TX
First off, I'm actually glad you guys beat LSU. The crap they were dishing out over here after the hurricane debacle was ridiculous and the way you beat them was absolutely perfect--ripped their hearts out at the goal line. BEAUTIFUL! Congrats on winning the East!

Secondly, you guys beat a ranked team which will move you up in the polls making our game that much more hyped.

Lastly, enough with the pleasantries...I hope Cook breaks all kinds of records and FSU humiliates you guys right before you get blasted by Bama! Enjoy your victory, pals....praying it's short lived! :cool:

Go Noles!!!

FSU's defense is trash this year, something we're not used to. Most of their offense is also trash, but Dalvin Cook is the real deal. The best RB we will face all year to be honest. That with it now being an evening game for them, this will be a much tougher game for us than going to LSU and beating a Fournette-less tiger team that had already fired it's coach this year.

I still think we at least have 5 times a better chance to win this year up in Tallahassee than we did last year at home with that offense that we showed up with that scored a whopping zero points. Still this is good practice to build up to playing Bama the following week. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best, even if that means you play your toughest 3 opponents of the season in back to back to back weeks to close out your schedule. All on the road no less. Tell me how we're not one of the toughest schedules in the country this year?

Reactions: Razorback_Nole
The FSU Oline is the key to the game. I figure we stuff the box to stop Cook, trying to force FSU to beat us with the pass. They have a pretty good set of receivers, so if Francois has time, we could have trouble. Corners on islands need QB harassment to be effective.

I'm not concerned about FSU's defense being less than superb, we have the offense to make any defense better. But, if we roll out some, run the QB a bit, and generally keep them guessing, I think we can do enough to score in the high teens/low 20's. I promise the "fake wr jet sweep/run off tackle" play won't work 25 times against FSU like it did against LSU. We will need a little bit more creativity.

The FSU Oline is the key to the game. I figure we stuff the box to stop Cook, trying to force FSU to beat us with the pass. They have a pretty good set of receivers, so if Francois has time, we could have trouble. Corners on islands need QB harassment to be effective.

I'm not concerned about FSU's defense being less than superb, we have the offense to make any defense better. But, if we roll out some, run the QB a bit, and generally keep them guessing, I think we can do enough to score in the high teens/low 20's. I promise the "fake wr jet sweep/run off tackle" play won't work 25 times against FSU like it did against LSU. We will need a little bit more creativity.

Pretty objective analysis, Liz (unlike the one above you). If our O'line craps the bed (per usual) it's going to be a long night for DF...dude has proven to be pretty tough, but how much sod can a guy take?

I think the UF-LSU game was good for football...about time a team tried to screw over another team(LSU making the game be played there) and talked a bunch of crap and then got their butts kicked at home. They got what they deserved is definitely appropriate in this situation.

Reactions: passoverGator
yea and no other team has made their opponent do an involuntary mannequin challenge

Dalvin Cook just ran for 225 yds. and 4 TD's for a career total of 4,166 rushing yds. and 48 TD's in less than 3 years so far. Key on Cook and that opens up the passing game. Here to fore, most all passes have gone to the wide outs with very few to TE's but that could change. Cook is also an excellent pass receiver. If it comes down to field goals FSU's Ricky Aguayo (brother of collegiate record setter Roberto Aguayo) broke one of Roberto's records by scoring 6 FG's in one game. He is consistent and accurate. FSU's defense has improved steadily throughout the season with the biggest improvements coming most recently as previously injured players are now back on the field.

FSU-UF and FSU-Miami were once the premier games in the nation having NC implications nearly every year. Hopefully those incredible times are on their way back. This should be an exciting game.

Reactions: Bellis30
Gators don't have the type of offense to take advantage of FSU defense weakness which is confusion in the secondary. FSU DL is one of the best in the country at rushing the passer. Should be a total mismatch there.
If UF tries 7 step drops Appleby will get wrecked hard. I think UF will try some bombs early to get a cheap touchdown which is probably a good idea.

On offense FSU will find ways to get the ball to Cook without forcing the issue unlike the garbage coaching at LSU. Francois will also run on designed plays.

Unless FSU is minus 4 in turnovers or E.J. Manuel shows up to play QB FSU wins 27-13.

Appleby doesn't sit there long without throwing the ball I don't know what you've been watching...

and running for 800 yards on Syracuse is a little different brand than what they will go against this weekend even with the injuries the defense is still probably arguably the best on their schedule

Gators don't have the type of offense to take advantage of FSU defense weakness which is confusion in the secondary. FSU DL is one of the best in the country at rushing the passer. Should be a total mismatch there.
If UF tries 7 step drops Appleby will get wrecked hard. I think UF will try some bombs early to get a cheap touchdown which is probably a good idea.

On offense FSU will find ways to get the ball to Cook without forcing the issue unlike the garbage coaching at LSU. Francois will also run on designed plays.

Unless FSU is minus 4 in turnovers or E.J. Manuel shows up to play QB FSU wins 27-13.

lol, really?

If we can beat LSU in Baton Rouge we can sure as hell beat FSU. FSU hasn't seen anything close to a defense that UF has.

If we can beat LSU in Baton Rouge we can sure as hell beat FSU. FSU hasn't seen anything close to a defense that UF has.

I am not going to lie. I am a little more concerned about this game today than I was 2 weeks ago. I think your team is riding a high. Our secondary is a bit of a mess with injuries right now. Our DL has been really good of late imo. I think that FSU will win the game. If we stop your run you won't beat us through the air even with the injuries. Cookie will get his and assuming Francois doesn't get broken in two before the 4th quarter I think FSU still should win this game by 10-14.

Last edited:
Speaking of defense, sophomore cornerback Tarvarus McFadden leads the nation with 8 interceptions so far. DE DeMarcus Walker 6-4/280 has 12 1/2 sacks and 3 FF (forced fumbles) for the year so far.

The toughest offense and defense FSU has faced so far this year was Clemson. They won the game in Tallahassee with a last minute 48 yard FG.

And now #13 and #14 will face off in Tallahassee Saturday night. All the makings of a great college football game.

Last edited:

UF just gave up 423 yds. to LSU with a hurt LF. FSU has played 5 defenses in the top 30. UF has a great D but with a SOS of 13 FSU has played some quality defenses with some high quality offenses as well.

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
Very excited for this game. Been a tough year with work travel, neck injury and kid sports that have kept me busy and not able to watch much football. I will have the family and then some at the house this Saturday. Sneaking in 3 days of deer hunting this week too.

FSU's defense is trash this year, something we're not used to. Most of their offense is also trash, but Dalvin Cook is the real deal. The best RB we will face all year to be honest. That with it now being an evening game for them, this will be a much tougher game for us than going to LSU and beating a Fournette-less tiger team that had already fired it's coach this year.

I still think we at least have 5 times a better chance to win this year up in Tallahassee than we did last year at home with that offense that we showed up with that scored a whopping zero points. Still this is good practice to build up to playing Bama the following week. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best, even if that means you play your toughest 3 opponents of the season in back to back to back weeks to close out your schedule. All on the road no less. Tell me how we're not one of the toughest schedules in the country this year?

I agree that it's a tougher game, because they will score points. LSU on the road should be tougher, but we're better in low-scoring games.

Our offense and offensive play calling is so horrendous, the only way we can win is if it is a fist-fight ugly game on both sides. Playing at home with the dynamic offense they have, sadgator honestly sees FSU winning comfortably by 14-20+ points. This one is not even going to be close after about 10 minutes of game play.

Appleby doesn't sit there long without throwing the ball I don't know what you've been watching...

and running for 800 yards on Syracuse is a little different brand than what they will go against this weekend even with the injuries the defense is still probably arguably the best on their schedule

Do you know what Cook averages against your defense??

Can I quote you on this?

Key to this game will be can our offense sustain drives so the defense doesn't wear down. Last year I believe the noles were around 100 total yards of offense heading into the 4th quarter. Problem was our D had been on the field almost the entire game. So if we can move the ball some, get first downs, and the defense not gassed, we have a great shot.

2 years ago Treon's inability to hit wide open receivers was the difference. That last drive he threw behind two receivers who were wide open, one of which may still be running right now.

I am not going to lie. I am a little more concerned about this game today than I was 2 weeks ago. I think your team is riding a high. Our secondary is a bit of a mess with injuries right now. Our DL has been really good of late imo. I think that will win the game. If we stop your run you won't beat us through the air even with the injuries. Cookie will get his and assuming Francois doesn't get broken in two before the 4th quarter I think FSU still should win this game by 10-14.

You have more injuries than us? I find that hard to believe, we have 7 starters out. ..but that doesn't really matter, we lost our top 3 tacklers and we replaced them with 3 guys who were our top 3 tacklers in the last 2 games.

Did I say we have more injuries? I can literally name 4 guys on your team. I certainly am not up to speed on who is and isn't healthy.

Did I say we have more injuries? I can literally name 4 guys on your team. I certainly am not up to speed on who is and isn't healthy.

Florida State Injuries (* = indicates starter)
11/20/16 DB Calvin Brewton Head injured last game, "?" Saturday vs. Florida
11/20/16 WR Da'Vante Phillips Wrist "?" Saturday vs. Florida
11/20/16 DB Marcus Lewis Hip "?" Saturday vs. Florida
*11/20/16 LB Jacob Pugh Concussion "?" Saturday vs. Florida
11/20/16 DE Jalen Wilkerson Concussion "?" Saturday vs. Florida
11/20/16 LB Josh Brown Foot "?" Saturday vs. Florida
11/10/16 RB Johnathan Vickers Concussion out indefinitely
*11/07/16 WR Jesus Wilson Foot out for season
11/04/16 DT Adam Torres Foot out for season
*11/04/16 OL Landon Dickerson Knee out for season
*10/12/16 DB Nate Andrews Pectoral out for season
09/28/16 WR Ja'Vonn Harrison Suspension out indefinitely
09/21/16 QB Malik Henry Suspension Served likely to redshirt
*09/14/16 DB Derwin James Knee out for season
09/09/16 WR George Campbell Groin out for season
09/09/16 LB Sh'Mar Kilby-Lane Academics out for season
09/04/16 DT Keith Bryant Foot out for season

Florida Injuries
11/20/16 DL Bryan Cox, Jr. Ankle "?" Saturday vs. Florida State
11/20/16 WR C.J. Worton Ankle "?" Saturday vs. Florida State
11/20/16 OL Cameron Dillard Knee "?" Saturday vs. Florida State
11/20/16 LB Jarrad Davis Ankle "?" Saturday vs. Florida State
11/20/16 DL Justus Reed Undisclosed "?" Saturday vs. Florida State
11/20/16 QB Luke Del Rio Shoulder doubtful Saturday vs. Florida State
11/20/16 RB Mark Herndon Undisclosed "?" Saturday vs. Florida State
11/13/16 DB Marcus Maye Arm out for season
11/07/16 LB Alex Anzalone Arm out for season
09/06/16 WR Dre Massey Knee out for season
08/19/16 DB C.J. McWilliams ACL out for season
08/11/16 OL Antonio Riles Knee out indefinitely

Key to this game will be can our offense sustain drives so the defense doesn't wear down. Last year I believe the noles were around 100 total yards of offense heading into the 4th quarter. Problem was our D had been on the field almost the entire game. So if we can move the ball some, get first downs, and the defense not gassed, we have a great shot.
Spot on.
Since many of your starters are down and not much depth, your offense must move the ball or they will be gassed before the 4th quarter.

Last year UF had a plus 5 min. on time of possession, and ran more plays than FSU. However with the # of injuries, if either team this year can get a significant advantage in TOP, it can make a difference.

Reactions: tnole903

Florida's OL is like 300% better than it was a month ago. They were very good against USC and LSU, dominating one of the better front 7's in the country in the second half. UF left points on the board too. Hopefully, scared coaching shows up on the UF sideline again. But, Don't underestimate how far they have come. If you have watched, UF is pretty good at the deep ball. They connect on one or 2 a game. I worry about Cleveland or Callaway getting behind one of our guys. We should win, but I doubt we score 27 unless UF is turning the ball over.

UF just gave up 423 yds. to LSU with a hurt LF. FSU has played 5 defenses in the top 30. .

Guice is one of the top 5 backs in the country. Sure they missed LF, but Guice would start or get serious snaps for almost any team, including us. He got serious snaps when LF was healthy.

FSU is forgetting one thing...Your QB has been hit so many times this year that any more hits mainly from UFs LBs he may not get up!!!! Yes I've watched a lot of your games and your OL isn't that good and you guys are going to have trouble...

Reactions: Fsuman31
There is absolutely no way to predict this game. Both teams have been Jekyll and Hyde this year. There are so many ways this one could go. FSU winning 41-10, losing 28-6, or being in a 17-17 nail biter in the 4th are all in play in this one. Nothing would surprise me. Neither team is demonstrably better than the other. It's just going to come down to how the 2 teams play on Saturday night. Home field has been a complete non factor in this series of late (road team has won 5 of the last 8) so you can't even really factor that into the equation.

Reactions: Bellis30
Florida State Injuries (* = indicates starter)
11/20/16 DB Calvin Brewton Head injured last game, "?" Saturday vs. Florida
11/20/16 WR Da'Vante Phillips Wrist "?" Saturday vs. Florida
11/20/16 DB Marcus Lewis Hip "?" Saturday vs. Florida
*11/20/16 LB Jacob Pugh Concussion "?" Saturday vs. Florida
11/20/16 DE Jalen Wilkerson Concussion "?" Saturday vs. Florida
11/20/16 LB Josh Brown Foot "?" Saturday vs. Florida
11/10/16 RB Johnathan Vickers Concussion out indefinitely
*11/07/16 WR Jesus Wilson Foot out for season
11/04/16 DT Adam Torres Foot out for season
*11/04/16 OL Landon Dickerson Knee out for season
*10/12/16 DB Nate Andrews Pectoral out for season
09/28/16 WR Ja'Vonn Harrison Suspension out indefinitely
09/21/16 QB Malik Henry Suspension Served likely to redshirt

09/09/16 LB Sh'Mar Kilby-Lane Academics out for season

Just so i am clear, suspensions and academics are considered "injuries" in Tallahassee?

Looks like you have three starters that will be out for this game. We lost seven in the previous two weeks.

Reactions: HardeeWildcatFan
FSU is forgetting one thing...Your QB has been hit so many times this year that any more hits mainly from UFs LBs he may not get up!!!! Yes I've watched a lot of your games and your OL isn't that good and you guys are going to have trouble...

Yeah that OL is not great. If they were we would be much better than #22 total offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT