ADVERTISEMENT

It's happening!!!

Nebraska hasn't been relevant in nearly 20 years and since joining the Big 10(14) has been very mediocre. Seems like it's time as a national power has passed due to demographics. Not sure even a big name coach can recruit kids to Lincoln in enough numbers to be a Top 10 program on a consistent level like can be done at Florida. But, like Chip Kelly, it's going to come down to a personal decision about what he wants to do with his life and where he & his family want to live. Hope it's Gainesville.

Agree with this. Difference is though that Kelly’s an established guy already and he’s probably got $20 or $30 mill. in the bank. Frost is just starting out. If he’s a pragmatist, a la Urban Meyer, he’s going to have a hard time turning down UF.

Not that NU won’t make Frost rich; but UF gives him a much better chance to establish himself at the top of the profession, and he knows this because he’s in Florida already. Rebuilding NU I’m sure would hold a lot of appeal as well. It will be close I’m sure.

Nebraska hasn't been relevant in nearly 20 years and since joining the Big 10(14) has been very mediocre. Seems like it's time as a national power has passed due to demographics. Not sure even a big name coach can recruit kids to Lincoln in enough numbers to be a Top 10 program on a consistent level like can be done at Florida. But, like Chip Kelly, it's going to come down to a personal decision about what he wants to do with his life and where he & his family want to live. Hope it's Gainesville.
I’m not debating that Florida is currently a better job. It probably is. But outside of a few years with Spurrier and Urban has Florida ever done much? Let’s not act as if Florida is on the verge of national domination. Because it’s not.

Frost has a better chance at success with Nebraska then he does with Florida. Big 10 is just a softer conference to win. While recruiting would be easier at Florida. Its not as hard to recruit here as you think. Everything points to NU.

Rather it’s Nebraska or Florida I just want the guy to succeed. He is a awesome person.

I’m not debating that Florida is currently a better job. It probably is. But outside of a few years with Spurrier and Urban has Florida ever done much? Let’s not act as if Florida is on the verge of national domination. Because it’s not.

Frost has a better chance at success with Nebraska then he does with Florida. Big 10 is just a softer conference to win. While recruiting would be easier at Florida. Its not as hard to recruit here as you think. Everything points to NU.
Ok and outside of Tom Osborne has Nebraska ever done much? When is the last good year Nebraska had? 1996?

It’s been quite a long time since Nebraska was any good at all.

Nebraska has a very good chance to get Frost but only because that is his alma mater. Would Nebraska even be mentioned as a candidate for Frost if it wasn’t? Ask yourself that question. If Frost wasn’t a Nebraska alum who would Nebraska be looking at right now?

I have maintained all along that Frost will go to Nebraska and if that is what he wants I hope he goes. I am glad they are offering this year too. That way IF he xhose UF it wouldn’t be a cass of him using UF to get to Nebraska. Best to know up front

pPRXBwu.gif

It's insane that the only two schools in America that might have an advantage over Florida regarding 2 specific coaches, fire their coaches the same exact year that we are looking for a coach.

Reactions: seffnergator
I have maintained all along that Frost will go to Nebraska and if that is what he wants I hope he goes. I am glad they are offering this year too. That way IF he xhose UF it wouldn’t be a cass of him using UF to get to Nebraska. Best to know up front

I might give that a look, except that you also maintained that the cow-Chip would be coming to UF, while I would be disappearing because of it... (now wipe your favorite breakfast item off your face) :cool:

Otherwise you'll need to engage your 'selective memory' into overdrive, and you might also need to stop weaving all over the speculation road... :rolleyes:

Based on the situation left by Mac, if Chip and Frost are out, we probably need to hire Taggart.

No thanks on Steve, thats not foing to fix anything

The roster is hot garbage, Idk why people keep dancing around it. No QB's whatsoever and limited skill, both lines of scrimmages are disasters, and we're shallow at multiple positions. All thanks to Mac's recruiting. Other than the potential of the program when its fully rolling, this situation isn't attractive.

Reactions: bradleygator
The roster is hot garbage, Idk why people keep dancing around it. No QB's whatsoever and limited skill, both lines of scrimmages are disasters, and we're shallow at multiple positions. All thanks to Mac's recruiting. Other than the potential of the program when its fully rolling, this (UF) situation isn't attractive.

Not a problem, because the cow-Chip will 'fix' everything for you and the Michi-troll, just like the circle of jerks have been chirping for weeks... :rolleyes:

The roster is hot garbage, Idk why people keep dancing around it. No QB's whatsoever and limited skill, both lines of scrimmages are disasters, and we're shallow at multiple positions. All thanks to Mac's recruiting. Other than the potential of the program when its fully rolling, this situation isn't attractive.
This is why I think Taggart gets the job. Dude can recruit and will re-stock the shelves back up. He just needs to hire an up and coming OC and keep a few of the defensive coaches we have around.

Can we go ahead and just call ourselves a basketball school now?

Reactions: smokingator
This is why I think Taggart gets the job. Dude can recruit and will re-stock the shelves back up. He just needs to hire an up and coming OC and keep a few of the defensive coaches we have around.

None of these defensive coaches need to stay around. They're part of the problem. In two seasons they've managed to decimate the one side of the ball that has been a strength for a decade.

None of these defensive coaches need to stay around. They're part of the problem. In two seasons they've managed to decimate the one side of the ball that has been a strength for a decade.
Skipper and Bell I think would serve us well to keep - other than that the rest do need to go.

Remember pre season when everyone was debating whether we had the best receivers in the country? Guess we settled that one.

Totally agree. Muschamp cleaned up a lot of disciplinary problems left behind by Meyer, plus recruited NFL-caliber talent all over the defensive side of the ball. He, also, recruited better offensive players, for the most part, than McElwain did. I defended Mac for 2 years, but this year exposed him for the poor recruiter and poor developer of talent that he really was. What a total MESS the next guy has to clean up!

If the admin are trying to force Randy Shannon on the next hire, they should all be fired immediately!
He is a good person I think we all can agree, but his defensive schemes are antiquated and lack any ingenuity whatsoever.

I seriously can’t fathom the thought of him being here next year. The running backs coach is the only guy that should get consideration for retention. imho

I highly doubt Stricklin is trying to force leftover coaches in an incoming new HC. At best I'm guessing it's a suggestion. No way you force your new hire to take scrubs while insisting he improve the team. Nobody would do that.

“At best I'm guessing it's a suggestion.”

Unfortunately most coaches worth a damn are ego maniacs and will only see his “suggestion” as being a meddling SOB!

Stricklin doesn’t need to be suggesting shite as it pertains to a new coach’s staff decisions. UF admin have been said to be notoriously hands on, which usually leads to a contentious relationship between coach and AD.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I highly doubt Stricklin is trying to force leftover coaches in an incoming new HC. At best I'm guessing it's a suggestion. No way you force your new hire to take scrubs while insisting he improve the team. Nobody would do that.

My guess would be he didn't like the control they had over every little thing to do with compliance and things like that.

Ok and outside of Tom Osborne has Nebraska ever done much? When is the last good year Nebraska had? 1996?

It’s been quite a long time since Nebraska was any good at all.

Nebraska has a very good chance to get Frost but only because that is his alma mater. Would Nebraska even be mentioned as a candidate for Frost if it wasn’t? Ask yourself that question. If Frost wasn’t a Nebraska alum who would Nebraska be looking at right now?

I stand by what I said. Only area Florida beats Nebraska is recruiting. As I said, recruiting isn’t as difficult at Nebraska as ESPN leads you to be.

I stand by what I said. Only area Florida beats Nebraska is recruiting. As I said, recruiting isn’t as difficult at Nebraska as ESPN leads you to be.

Man...yeah it is.

Demographics have changed, and so has technology. Those big boy hidden gem blackshirts your so fond of are no longer regional guys hidden in cornfields that only you guys know about.

That information is everywhere. And other coaches go out to get it. You can’t lock it down anymore.

Man...yeah it is.

Demographics have changed, and so has technology. Those big boy hidden gem blackshirts your so fond of are no longer regional guys hidden in cornfields that only you guys know about.

That information is everywhere. And other coaches go out to get it. You can’t lock it down anymore.
I’m not talking about hidden gems. We have as good facilities as Florida. A better stadium then Florida, better tradition then Florida, better fan support and just as much money as Florida.

I’m not talking about hidden gems. We have as good facilities as Florida. A better stadium then Florida, better tradition then Florida, better fan support and just as much money as Florida.

But you still have to convince kids from Texas, Florida and California to live in Lincoln, Nebraska. That’s the whole thing.

You sure? You have all of that and haven’t been any good since 1996. I think you have much bigger problems than you want to admit.

But you still have to convince kids from Texas, Florida and California to live in Lincoln, Nebraska. That’s the whole thing.
Osborne did it. Callahan did it. Hell, Riley had a couple of really good classes given he had limits he could sign.

Head this warning. You are where we were in 2003 after we fired Frank Solich. You think you are going to get the pick of the litter because of your name. You already struck out to UCLA. You’re about to get strike two.

Winter is coming to lincoln and Frost is coming home.

Osborne did it. Callahan did it. Hell, Riley had a couple of really good classes given he had limits he could sign.

Head this warning. You are where we were in 2003 after we fired Frank Solich. You think you are going to get the pick of the litter because of your name. You already struck out to UCLA. You’re about to get strike two.

Winter is coming to lincoln and Frost is coming home.

You realize if you get Frost it has zero to do with your program compared to ours, right?

You know that.

Please say you know that.

Reactions: wholt1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT