ADVERTISEMENT

How dirty was Billy Donovan during his time at Florida

ohsfan28

Rowdy Reptile
Aug 9, 2011
He almost immediately started attracting a bunch of 4 and 5 star recruits at a historically mediocre basketball program

He comes from the Rick Pitino coaching tree .Pitino might be the single dirtiest coach in the entire history of college basketball

If you add these things together, I an thinking he was likely pretty dirty. Good thing for him that he left before the FBI investigation started

Oh and as long as we are talking coaching trees and cheating.....keep in mind that aubarn hired Tony Barbee, who you raved about, from the John Calipari coaching tree.

And of course Bruce Pearl is his own cheating coaching tree.

Every college coach does something dirty. I've even seen it first hand at the NAIA level at a Baptist school for girls volleyball.

But being under the microscope that UF was considering it's dirty deeds the decade prior...Foley ran a tight ship while at UF. I'm sure when Donovan started attracting top talent at UF...NCAA eyes started snooping. It would have hurt them zero to bust the chops of him, a flamboyant coach like Spurrier, as well as Meyer.

I'm sure somewhere in a deep dark back road in the marsh land of Alachua there lived a bag man.

Every college coach does something dirty. I've even seen it first hand at the NAIA level at a Baptist school for girls volleyball.

But being under the microscope that UF was considering it's dirty deeds the decade prior...Foley ran a tight ship while at UF. I'm sure when Donovan started attracting top talent at UF...NCAA eyes started snooping. It would have hurt them zero to bust the chops of him, a flamboyant coach like Spurrier, as well as Meyer.

I'm sure somewhere in a deep dark back road in the marsh land of Alachua there lived a bag man.

This is ohsfans MO on every board he gets RUNNOFT of. Talk about the other team cheating, get mad when someone mocks him for being a fan of a serial cheater.

Now if we want to have interesting debates.....who was cheating more in the 1980s?

Jimmy Johnson at Miami, or Pat Dye at Auburn?

I tend to think it was Jimmy Johnson, then again...Jimmy was never the topic of a 60 Minutes expose on cheating at his school.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Oh and as long as we are talking coaching trees and cheating.....keep in mind that aubarn hired Tony Barbee, who you raved about, from the John Calipari coaching tree.

And of course Bruce Pearl is his own cheating coaching tree.
ohsfan28/26/24 raved about a coach with losing record?

I guess Calhoun was trying to bring this up:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-xpm-2003-10-18-0310180389-story.html

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=1645672

Coaches are making comments, but aren't following through with allegations. The only coach who took it a step further was Williams, who protested Florida's signing of Mike Miller, who was being sought after by Kansas as well. Williams' claims prompted a 10-month NCAA investigation into Donovan's recruiting tactics, which amounted to no violations.

He almost immediately started attracting a bunch of 4 and 5 star recruits at a historically mediocre basketball program

He comes from the Rick Pitino coaching tree .Pitino might be the single dirtiest coach in the entire history of college basketball

If you add these things together, I an thinking he was likely pretty dirty. Good thing for him that he left before the FBI investigation started

If you weren't such a thin skinned soy boy you could've added this to this thread.

https://florida.forums.rivals.com/posts/1475152/

Reactions: oozie7
Pretty sure Roy Williams accused Billy of cheating when we landed Mike Miller instead if him (at Kansas at the time). After that everything died down - Billy ran a clean ship (as far as we know)

Reactions: PacoGator19

He thought Tony Barbee was going to be John Calipari Jr, kinda like the Dawgs think Kirby is gonna be Nick Saban Jr.

When we pointed out that Barbee came from the Calipari tree so that must mean he was a cheater too, then he ranted and raved about how other schools cheat, which in his world means aubarn's cheating doesn't count.

And to be fair to Barbee, I don't think he was cheating at aubarn. At least I hope to hell he wasn't cheating, with his horrible record......but he did have a better start at aubarn than Pearl did :D

Reactions: gatordad3
This is ohsfans MO on every board he gets RUNNOFT of. Talk about the other team cheating, get mad when someone mocks him for being a fan of a serial cheater.

Now if we want to have interesting debates.....who was cheating more in the 1980s?

Jimmy Johnson at Miami, or Pat Dye at Auburn?

I tend to think it was Jimmy Johnson, then again...Jimmy was never the topic of a 60 Minutes expose on cheating at his school.
Miami’s success is directly tied to the street value of cocaine. It was never higher than the mid to late 80s. It surged again in the early 2000’s. Had a slight bump around 2009/2010 but nowhere near the previous highs of the 80s but enough to give UM hope and a top 15 finish. It’s been down most of this decade. You can google the cocaine street value chart if you wish.

There is absolutely ZERO evidence, or even a halfway validated rumor, that Billy Donovan did anything shady or questionable while at Florida or anywhere else in his coaching career. If somebody has credible information to the contrary, please share. Otherwise, this thread should be deleted for what it appears to be - Fake News from a phony, childish, whiny, foul-mouthed nobody. P.S. - Same thing can be said in regards to Mike White as well - clean, honest, hard-working.

There is absolutely ZERO evidence, or even a halfway validated rumor, that Billy Donovan did anything shady or questionable while at Florida or anywhere else in his coaching career. If somebody has credible information to the contrary, please share. Otherwise, this thread should be deleted for what it appears to be - Fake News from a phony, childish, whiny, foul-mouthed nobody. P.S. - Same thing can be said in regards to Mike White as well - clean, honest, hard-working.

Don't ask for proof, he will now give you a stream of tweets or instagram posts as 'evidence'.

Now if you had seen a top basketball assistant led off campus in handcuffs.....

Forget Cliff, hell their current coach sat out 5 years from a show/cause. Aubie loves them some castoffs, Pearl, Scam Newton, Nick Marshall....etc....they always open for bu$ine$$.
except Cam wasn't a castoff. Even if he got in trouble, lol that Urban Meyer would have gotten rid of anybody. He kept Aaron Hernandez after all.

Cam's junior college coach told ESPN a few years ago that he was never kicked out of Florida. I will take his word over yours.

Meanwhile Florida tried to take at least one real castoff in cheating Chip Kelly, but he decided that he would rather coach at UCLA. That is roll on the ground hilarious.

If you have a problem with people taking castoffs, you must hate hunchback Dan Mullen's guts. He built his entire team at Moo State around kids that were kicked out of other places.

Florida doesn't have to bring in thugs from other places. Urban Meyer and Spurrier proved they could recruit plenty of their own thugs straight from high school hahahahahahahahaha

Wasn't he kicked out of school for cheating?

I mean at Florida. Auburn would have given him a raise.
He was about to commit to playing for Dan Mullen till Daddy Newton stepped in and said, "This time, my son don't come for free."
Isn't that right ohsfan24/ohsfan34/ohsfan28?

Oh look, village idiot Auburn fan Calhoun/ohsfan just created another Florida basketball coach who cheats thread on top of this one.

Wasn't he kicked out of school for cheating?

I mean at Florida. Auburn would have given him a raise.
Newton stole a laptop and was charged with felony accounts of burglary, larceny and obstructing justice. He completed a pre-trial diversion program, made a plea deal and the charges were subsequently dropped. Other allegations had come up that he had cheated on classwork, once his freshman year, twice his sophomore year before the laptop theft and at that point he transferred out to Blinn College rather than face suspension or expulsion.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...08-arrest-says-it-changed-his-life/107949812/

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/10/sports/ncaafootball/10auburn.html

Last edited:
Soaking of taking castoffs, Mississippi State had three starters or three key players on their defense this year alone that were taken in by hunchback Dan Mullen after being kicked off other teams

Where is any proof thar Can Newton was kicked out if Florida? It is non existent

Dozens of Florida thugs got into trouble under Urbiie. Little or nothing was done to most of them

You have posted nothing to dispute the juco coach's claim that Can was not kicked out of Florida

I did go back and read the USA Today story about him transferring from Florida under a cloud of academic misconduct

That is such revisionist bullshit. When he first transferred to Auburn, the only thing that was known publicly was about the laptop.

The academic shit was first reported either right before or after Auburn played for the national championship by a reporter who had a pretty long history of getting shit wrong. Last time I heard the guy wasn't even a reporter any more...probably because of his history of getting shit wrong

I did go back and read the USA Today story about him transferring from Florida under a cloud of academic misconduct

That is such revisionist bullshit. When he first transferred to Auburn, the only thing that was known publicly was about the laptop.

The academic shit was first reported either right before or after Auburn played for the national championship by a reporter who had a pretty long history of getting shit wrong. Last time I heard the guy wasn't even a reporter any more...probably because of his history of getting shit wrong
Must be your cousin.

Reactions: gatordad3
As always, you're nothing more than a clueless village idiot troll. o_O

Didn't play parking ticket.
Academic fraud involving tutor.
Stolen lap top.
Obstruction of justice.
Result: He was advised as to what was going to happen to him,,, so he then chose....
Gonzo to JuCo. -- Thrown Out is what happened, without that having to be applied directly.

Then when being recruited by the barn, that's when sCam's dad said; "this time (unlike at UF) he's not signing for free." -- Resulting in new furniture (6-figures) for sCan's dad's church I believe,,, at least that was the rumor going around. NCAA investigator might have also got a check, so no proof was ever produced, and so sCam / Allbarn bought a NC.... :cool:

Kind of like Daddy Bowden resigned. Too bad the criminole thuggery didn't resign with him. It continued under Jumbo...at least until he was smart enough to leave.

Must suck to get dumped for a school that won their last national championship around the start of World War ll.

And then the Criminoles replace Jumbo with....

Oh wait, I seriously can't even think of the name of your new coach .I bet Criminoles everywhere wish they had never heard of him either after that shit show of last year

Yes, Bowden and Pat Dye both resigned under the embarrassment of a 60 Minutes expose... wait, that was just Dye. Having Auburn flirt with the death penalty only to be given a luxury sky box, his name on the stadium and cheered by the masses. Funny I don’t see Florida fans propping up Charlie Pell but you are here slinging mud while your school celebrates a cheater who embarrassed the school on national television.

I realize Daddy Bowden never resigned in shame because the criminoles have never had any shame about their thuggery.

You sold your soul to a rapist even after Daddy Bowden left

Daddy Bowden was pushed out the door simply because he stopped winning. He was then quickly replaced by another thug enabling piece of shit and life went on as normal for the criminoles

During his time with the criminoles, Daddy Bowden literally made jokes in public about not punishing the thugs on his team.

Please name all the other schools where the head coach not only let thugs run wild, but the head coach make jokes about not punishing the thugs

Didn't the criminoles also take Randy Moss at one point after he was involved in a brawl that almost killed people.

I know Randy Moss originally signed with Notre Dame but they wouldn't touch him after this brawl

This was the only thing that I could find on Billy Donovan cheating:

DKs6PgRVwAAJnW7.jpg

Why do people bring up shit that they don't know anything about? Anybody who thinks anything is going to happen to Auburn in this FBI case knows absolutely nothing about the case

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT