ADVERTISEMENT

The Billy Napier Discussion:

JasonHigdon

Bull Gator
Staff
Nov 5, 2021
The Billy Napier Discussion:

I had a long conversation with Bblake yesterday and wanted to share with all of you some of the things we discussed, namely this silly Billy Napier & Lane Kiffin rage going on in the boards for whatever reason. People keep wanting to talk about a short list, who the next coach might be, and all kinds of things, like the current coach being out the door.

Bblake and I were laughing about this entire debate of people wanting names. I was poking fun in the boards, suggesting if they are going to try and hire Lane K, they have as good of a shot to hire Santa Claus and all his helpers.

There is no shortlist; no one can tell you here are the five guys UF would go after, and the reason is pretty simple. If things go south and UF decides to make a change, I fully believe the current administration will be shown the door, which means that the next AD is the guy who would have the little black book in his back pocket with the list of potential candidates. So, how on earth could anyone give you a list of real names (today) when the guy making the hire for the Gators doesn't even know he is going to be working for the Gators?

As the dog days of Summer approach, I understand some are grasping at straws and creating numerous hypothetical situations based on the Florida win total. I get it, as I mentioned earlier in the week, but we need to understand there is no magical list floating around. Instead, I focus on the keys to the season, roster newcomers, position breakdowns, rather than a mythical coaching debate—things we can really chop up and debate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News