ADVERTISEMENT

Holy crap. The NFL is corrupt as it gets

NavigatorII

Bull Gator
Dec 8, 2004
Vegas couldn't have scripted it better. What a farce. No dog in the this fight but I knew how it was going to go down and there it is. Horrible officiating. Goodell needs the gallows.

ezgif-save-copy-3.gif

Great game and I have no dog in that fight but I didn’t like that PI call on Philly. Not near an end of the game. The ref essentially decided the winner of that game with that call. It would be one thing if it was an obvious PI but it seemed pretty ticky tacky to me.

Reactions: fsu939913
Tough break for Philly on the holding call near the end of the game. Chiefs may have still won, but you hate to take away an opportunity from Philly. On the other hand the Eagles did not have a single second half stop...Toney's punt return was awesome.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Tough break for Philly on the holding call near the end of the game. Chiefs may have still won, but you hate to take away an opportunity from Philly. On the other hand the Eagles did not have a single second half stop...Toney's punt return was awesome.
When he reversed field I said uh oh, seen this before. 😂 Proud of Yung Joka. 😂 If you don't know what or who that is, google it. LOL

Tough call at the end no doubt. But Hurts fumble gave the Chiefs a TD in the 1st half and their defense didn't get a stop the 2nd half. One play didn't decide the game, IMO. Eagles just didn't execute well enough the 2nd half and 'KC was nearly perfect when it counted. I was slightly pulling for the Eagles, too, but didn't really care too much 'either way.

Reactions: kylepeavy
Tough call at the end no doubt. But Hurts fumble gave the Chiefs a TD in the 1st half and their defense didn't get a stop the 2nd half. One play didn't decide the game, IMO. Eagles just didn't execute well enough the 2nd half and 'KC was nearly perfect when it counted. I was slightly pulling for the Eagles, too, but didn't really care too much 'either way.
Well you could argue that Philly did get a stop if they don’t throw that flag. That was a 3rd down play and would of given Philly about 1:45 of time with 2 TOs to kick a FG to tie or a TD to win.

It could be argued that 1 play did decide the game. It gave KC a 1st down and the ability to run the clock all the way down to the end.

That was a pretty big penalty flag even regardless if you think it was a penalty or not. It essentially did decide the game.

Eagles DB just said he definitely grabbed the back of the jersey. Said if not most likely would have been a TD...interesting but a classy move by the Eagles player.

Well you could argue that Philly did get a stop if they don’t throw that flag. That was a 3rd down play and would of given Philly about 1:45 of time with 2 TOs to kick a FG to tie or a TD to win.

It could be argued that 1 play did decide the game. It gave KC a 1st down and the ability to run the clock all the way down to the end.

That was a pretty big penalty flag even regardless if you think it was a penalty or not. It essentially did decide the game.
Goodell and the woke rule making mob is killing the NFL. It makes one wonder if the officials are told how to call games. There's a new rule under consideration if a defensive player drags down a runner from behind and leverages his weight to pull him down, it will be considered like a face mask or horse collar. WTF?? What's next? Tackling dummies not able to use hands or arms to wrap up?
No Fun League is an accurate description. It's not the game I grew up with. I watch maybe 4 or 5 games a year, college football is my passion. But with NIL and no wait portal, that's going down the toilet quickly too.

I honestly don't care and I am glad that Philly lost, ticky tack penalty or not. There was not a lesser desired team in the playoffs that I wanted to win the Super Bowl than Philly.

How Stephen A feels about the cowboys is similar to how I feel about the eagles.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
Whatever pain medication they injected into Mahomes ankle at half-time must be really really good…sadgator wants some of that…

…and the ref shoulda kept the flag in his pocket at that point…not a real hard grab…didn’t take him down…inside 5 yards…would have liked to have seen the ending without it, but still a pretty good game…

Great game and I have no dog in that fight but I didn’t like that PI call on Philly. Not near an end of the game. The ref essentially decided the winner of that game with that call. It would be one thing if it was an obvious PI but it seemed pretty ticky tacky to me.
It was holding, not PI. He tugged the jersey and had the left arm around the waist. It was holding. The Philly player even admits it was and hoped they’d “let it slide”. Correct call.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Vegas couldn't have scripted it better. What a farce. No dog in the this fight but I knew how it was going to go down and there it is. Horrible officiating. Goodell needs the gallows.

ezgif-save-copy-3.gif
If this says anything, the Bengals got screwed out of the AFC title. All Goodell is doing is making Mahomes the next Tom Brady. Not sure why Kelce was so pissed off for. At least the officials saved the city of Philadelphia from becoming a bigger 3rd world $*ithole of a city, unless they already burned down more abandoned buildings and Starbucks any way.

It was holding, not PI. He tugged the jersey and had the left arm around the waist. It was holding. The Philly player even admits it was and hoped they’d “let it slide”. Correct call.
Nobody said it wasn’t holding but it wasn’t that bad and certainly a call that could have gone either way. I’ve seen worse not get called. Unfortunately it ruined what could have been a better game. Being a neutral fan I would have liked to see the ref keep the flag in his pocket and not decide the game like he did. I would have preferred to see a KC FG with an opportunity for Philly to at least go down for a game tying FG or even a GW TD. My other comment is even if he wasn’t held he wasn’t getting to that pass. Mahomes had pressure and was just throwing it out there at that point.

If this says anything, the Bengals got screwed out of the AFC title. All Goodell is doing is making Mahomes the next Tom Brady. Not sure why Kelce was so pissed off for. At least the officials saved the city of Philadelphia from becoming a bigger 3rd world $*ithole of a city, unless they already burned down more abandoned buildings and Starbucks any way.
To be honest what was Kelce’s deal last night?? Chill the F out dude and act like a professional and like you have been there before.

To me the buzzkill occurred after the flag. The Chiefs player had the chance to score a TD and slid down at the 1-yard line. I couldn't tell from the play if the Eagles were laying down to let the Chiefs score or not.

I understand the logic of running down the clock, but I would rather see the Chiefs score the TD, and then see if the Eagles could respond in the last 1:30 or so.

It was a great game, nearly a classic, up until the last 2-3 minutes.

Agreed - watching live I thought it wasn't the worst in the world but he turned the guy like 2x. It was holding.

And I hate the commentator essentially saying that even if it was holding you shouldn't call it - if it's holding you call it.

Agreed - watching live I thought it wasn't the worst in the world but he turned the guy like 2x. It was holding.

And I hate the commentator essentially saying that even if it was holding you shouldn't call it - if it's holding you call it.
Agree - Like the ESPN writer in the link above stated, a penalty is a penalty regardless of the game situation. Refs shouldn't take into consideration what the score is or how much time is left in the game when making a call. If it's a rule violation, throw the flag.

Agree - Like the ESPN writer in the link above stated, a penalty is a penalty regardless of the game situation. Refs shouldn't take into consideration what the score is or how much time is left in the game when making a call. If it's a rule violation, throw the flag.
That’s too simplistic of a view. Refs could call a foul on literally every play of a game. Every play presents another level of discretion to exercise. They need to be aware situationally of how what they are calling affects a game outcome.

And let sadgator tell give you the honest truth…that was a marginal call at best…kudos to the DB for taking the high road, but he barely impeded a path to what would have been a ball that was uncatchable…

It was literally a half beat more than hand checking off the line…

You don’t call that…plain and simple…that ref should be ashamed of ruining that game…

Eagles DB just said he definitely grabbed the back of the jersey. Said if not most likely would have been a TD...interesting but a classy move by the Eagles player.

Think he's just taking blame. It wasn't a hold worth throwing a flag on. They do that virtually every play. One way you can easily tell if it's egregious is by the receivers reaction, the receiver didn't even react, he thought it was normal

Think he's just taking blame. It wasn't a hold worth throwing a flag on. They do that virtually every play. One way you can easily tell if it's egregious is by the receivers reaction, the receiver didn't even react, he thought it was normal
No reason for the Eagles DB to take blame but good on him for doing so. I agree it happens all the time. I tell my wife I just have no idea what is defensive holding or PI anymore. But that was holding.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
Personally don't think you throw the flag there either, but the DB definitely grabbed the back of his jersey early in the route.

That’s too simplistic of a view. Refs could call a foul on literally every play of a game. Every play presents another level of discretion to exercise. They need to be aware situationally of how what they are calling affects a game outcome.

And let sadgator tell give you the honest truth…that was a marginal call at best…kudos to the DB for taking the high road, but he barely impeded a path to what would have been a ball that was uncatchable…

You don’t call that…plain and simple…that ref should be ashamed of ruining that game…
Disagree. Sometimes the simplest answer is the truth. I was pulling for the Eagles, but he grabbed the guys jersey. That's a penalty. Hurts doesn't give them a fumble TD in the first half, it never comes down to that play. The Eagles defense gets 1 stop in the 2nd half it never comes down to that play. Excuses are for losers, and the Eagles have stood up and not made any. So kudos to them.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
Disagree. Sometimes the simplest answer is the truth. I was pulling for the Eagles, but he grabbed the guys jersey. That's a penalty. Hurts doesn't give them a fumble TD in the first half, it never comes down to that play. The Eagles defense gets 1 stop in the 2nd half it never comes down to that play. Excuses are for losers, and the Eagles have stood up and not made any. So kudos to them.

It's not a penalty tho, grabbing jerseys happens every play, he didn't impede him from making progress down the field. The receivers reaction says it all, he was walking off the field. A certain level of hand fighting/grabbing is allowed as long as you don't impede the route, that's what happened.

It's not a penalty tho, grabbing jerseys happens every play, he didn't impede him from making progress down the field. The receivers reaction says it all, he was walking off the field. A certain level of hand fighting/grabbing is allowed as long as you don't impede the route, that's what happened.
Agreed. I still think it was a “weak” call. After watching several replays my mind hasn’t changed. That type of stuff goes on in just about every single play.

I just kind of hate this type of thinking.

If you don't think it's a foul then I'm with you.

But some are out there arguing that yes it's a foul, but because it's late in the Super Bowl it shouldn't be called - that's BS imo.

It was a good call - all the other arguments like "refs could call something every play" is kind of silly logic. Are you suggesting they should never call anything then? lol I mean, if you can call something every play then you should.

I watched it live and a few times afterward - it was on the border of holding but I did think it was holding...so call it regardless of the context imo.

• Sad
. I tell my wife I just have no idea what is defensive holding or PI anymore. .
No way in hell I'm telling my wife that kind of nonsense. She'd wonder whose team I'm playing for now. I'm not going to have "Not sure if he was Sadgator" etched on my tombstone. No siree! 😂

• Haha
I just kind of hate this type of thinking.

If you don't think it's a foul then I'm with you.

But some are out there arguing that yes it's a foul, but because it's late in the Super Bowl it shouldn't be called - that's BS imo.

It was a good call - all the other arguments like "refs could call something every play" is kind of silly logic. Are you suggesting they should never call anything then? lol I mean, if you can call something every play then you should.

I watched it live and a few times afterward - it was on the border of holding but I did think it was holding...so call it regardless of the context imo.

I'm not someone who wants the end of the game called different and I didn't think it was the right call. I agree with you on the point that you can't call the last play or important play differently, I hate when that is an argument but this was just that in reverse. They had not been calling this all game and then froze up and called it late. That's why it's so egregious to me. They allow a certain level of hand fighting before holding and that was well within those means.

Nobody said it wasn’t holding but it wasn’t that bad and certainly a call that could have gone either way. I’ve seen worse not get called. Unfortunately it ruined what could have been a better game. Being a neutral fan I would have liked to see the ref keep the flag in his pocket and not decide the game like he did. I would have preferred to see a KC FG with an opportunity for Philly to at least go down for a game tying FG or even a GW TD. My other comment is even if he wasn’t held he wasn’t getting to that pass. Mahomes had pressure and was just throwing it out there at that point.
If that's a call they make in the second quarter of a game in week three then that's a call they need to make there. If not, then it's not. Games should be called the same from beginning to end and from week to week and regardless of who is playing. Not saying they can be perfect but if they are trying to be as consistent as possible, then, fine.

I hate the timing of it but it was the correct call. He grabbed the guy by the right shoulder and waist, slowed him down and and changed his direction. It wasn't a blatantly bad but it was PI the whole way. I don't really care my Cowboys can't win a playoff game either way lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT