ADVERTISEMENT

Hate to say it kids...but we ain’t playin’...

That’s the issue. We are going in the wrong direction and it is gonna be July this week...sadgator is VERY dialed in to the State University system...right now, a huge percentage of classes planned for the fall term are being moved online...by the time we get it August, they all may be...on campus housing has been adjusted and many kids are being given the option to defer at the State schools...

tellin’ ya...the last week was NOT good if you are looking for trends on where we’re gonna be come late August...

If large percentages of kids are not on campus, or if campus housing is shut down again, we will not play...

it can turn around...and nothing is written in stone...but it needs to start now...
I agree with this. Curious to see how mlb and nba do with their restarts.

Those sports can isolate in a bubble better than CFB...maybe there will be some ideas that come out of it, if those seasons are going successfully...

either that or we’ll all have gotten it and moved on by fall at the rate it is going...

this week, COVID finally moved into sadgator’s inner-circle of associates he interacts with...only a matter of time....

That’s the issue. We are going in the wrong direction and it is gonna be July this week...sadgator is VERY dialed in to the State University system...right now, a huge percentage of classes planned for the fall term are being moved online...by the time we get it August, they all may be...on campus housing has been adjusted and many kids are being given the option to defer at the State schools...

tellin’ ya...the last week was NOT good if you are looking for trends on where we’re gonna be come late August...

If large percentages of kids are not on campus, or if campus housing is shut down again, we will not play...

it can turn around...and nothing is written in stone...but it needs to start now...

Trump said it's on the way out - so we're good!

Those sports can isolate in a bubble better than CFB...maybe there will be some ideas that come out of it, if those seasons are going successfully...

either that or we’ll all have gotten it and moved on by fall at the rate it is going...

this week, COVID finally moved into sadgator’s inner-circle of associates he interacts with...only a matter of time....
CDC said this morning the actual infection rate is probably 6 to 14 times greater than whats reported. That means 20-40m people probably have contracted it. What makes covid dangerous is that the overwhelming majority who get it have no symptoms. A friend of mine tested positive a few weeks back, so out of curiosity I went down and got tested. Bingo...positive. I never had a single symptom. I self quarantined and then retested 14 days later negative. Again, the key is we need to make sure and protect those most vulnerable. Just not sure how we completely do that. I volunteered for an antibody test at Mayo on Wednesday.

CDC said this morning the actual infection rate is probably 6 to 14 times greater than whats reported. That means 20-40m people probably have contracted it. What makes covid dangerous is that the overwhelming majority who get it have no symptoms. A friend of mine tested positive a few weeks back, so out of curiosity I went down and got tested. Bingo...positive. I never had a single symptom. I self quarantined and then retested 14 days later negative. Again, the key is we need to make sure and protect those most vulnerable. Just not sure how we completely do that. I volunteered for an antibody test at Mayo on Wednesday.
The CDC hasn't been exactly a trusted source of accurate information throughout this mess. Here's a short article explaining how they got in wrong on 5 different Covid-19 issues. https://justthenews.com/video/5-times-cdc-got-it-wrong-coronvirus

That in no way suggest this virus hasn't been very serious all along. The recent resurgence of documented cases is extremely concerning. But the death rate is actually turning out to be much lower than projected and anticipated. This article from the New York Post says it realistically is about 0.26% of those affected, with the vast majority of fatalities being old people (over 80) with other serious health conditions. https://nypost.com/2020/06/25/getting-realistic-about-the-coronavirus-death-rate/

So while the number of confirmed cases is going up primarily because of more testing combined with some people ignoring common sense safety measures, way fewer people are dying than the original "experts" thought would happen. And that should be a cause for celebration, as the article suggests. However, if the number of cases continues to increase or stays at a high level, it certainly will decrease the chances of football being played in the fall regardless of how much we all want it to happen. I still think it will, but certainly understand those who have ever-growing doubts.

Reactions: Gators2014

All this hoopla over a virus slightly more dangerous than the flu. Lets play

You're got a unique sense of humor, man. Wonder what you look like and would enjoy meeting you one day, political differences aside.
sadgator‘s actually just a pretty regular dude...nothing special...the picture of Wyatt Sexton is remarkably and ironically similar, which is part of the reason it is so funny to sadgator and his friends who lurk on this board (just age it up to 50)...works hard..not a jerk...not a creep...mindful of others’ feelings...ok parent, tries hard...good heart..,probably has a cocktail or two too many every now and again...addicted to a sports message board for some reason...loves the Gators...

Pippa and sadgator will be married 24 years this year...lots of love...lots of life...lots of aggravation both ways...two children we’ve both exhaustedly hover parented for WAY too long...

which explains a big part of it...

Not to get all political...but we suffered for three months...rushed back too quick...and now the shit is hitting the fan...

might not have mattered anyway, but sadgator can’t see any way they pull it off...

hoping for a miracle, but it just is SO depressing...

Told @bradleygator this here back in March, he said crazy talk.

And it has NOTHING to do with hoax flu, it's all political and will continue to be political.

A couple weeks ago it was reported MLB was on the verge of a deal between owners and players to play an abbreviated season. Media said this was first real movement and a deal appeared to be imminent.

What story broke the following morning? 5 Phillies test positive for hoax flu during training camp!

All talk of the season immediately died. This is how the left is going to kill the college and NFL seasons. All they have to do is get ONE TEAM at EITHER LEVEL to say it's too 'dangerous' for them to play, and the entire season is done for everyone.

Yall wanted the fear mongering, you embraced the fear mongering. Well not get ready to own sitting on the couch this fall watching ESPN Classic.

Cause that's the only way any of us will see a football season this Fall. Hope it was worth it just to try to make Trump look bad.

Reactions: Dannygator1989
sadgator‘s actually just a pretty regular dude...nothing special...the picture of Wyatt Sexton is remarkably and ironically similar, which is part of the reason it is so funny to sadgator and his friends who lurk on this board (just age it up to 50)...works hard..not a jerk...not a creep...mindful of others’ feelings...ok parent, tries hard...good heart..,probably has a cocktail or two too many every now and again...addicted to a sports message board for some reason...loves the Gators...

Pippa and sadgator will be married 24 years this year...lots of love...lots of life...lots of aggravation both ways...two children we’ve both exhaustedly hover parented for WAY too long...

which explains a big part of it...
Good thing not to takes oneself too seriously and to be able to laugh at yourself. You set the example here. This board is a nice distraction, but sometimes gets way too intense (and I've been guilty from time to time). I'll just be glad when sports is back and the bulk of the discussion can be focused on Gator athletics and not all the collateral junk. Congrats on the lengthy marriage. My wife & I will hit 45 years in September. Two adult, self-supporting kids with 4 young grandkids. Life is good.

Good thing not to takes oneself too seriously and to be able to laugh at yourself. You set the example here. This board is a nice distraction, but sometimes gets way too intense (and I've been guilty from time to time). I'll just be glad when sports is back and the bulk of the discussion can be focused on Gator athletics and not all the collateral junk. Congrats on the lengthy marriage. My wife & I will hit 45 years in September. Two adult, self-supporting kids with 4 young grandkids. Life is good.

If you told me we could have football back but willie had to be our head coach i would say yes.... Im that desperate

Last edited:

...appreciate your comments, but there are SO many great genuine posters here, including yourself...it is what makes this Board so much fun (especially when we actually have sports to discuss)...

...and sadgator does like to pick up the tab...so if we ever get the chance, the round will definitely be on me...and sadgator would welcome it...

oh and yes...Pippa really is hot...it’s not a goof...picture an awesome mash-up of the best of Pippa Middleton, Jules Asner (the first “Wild On” E girl), and Sandra Bullock...there you go, mrs. sadgator...it is part of what drives sadgator completely insane... thoughtful too...totally married up...

Well cases are rising. What if during game week 20 players get it?? What about travel for the team for away games?

This is what I have been saying for a while. I suspect random games will be cancelled in the middle of the season because a team has a bunch of positive tests. It will suck if it is a big rivalry game.

Reactions: PacoGator19
Have to enjoy what you got...I'm the biggest dummy on this board.

Reactions: sadgator

...appreciate your comments, but there are SO many great genuine posters here, including yourself...it is what makes this Board so much fun (especially when we actually have sports to discuss)....

105677197_3132285196810901_8563605467092557634_n.jpg

:eek: -- :oops: -- :cool: -- :D

But wait, I thought all the religious were Republican? But agree about the brainwashing.

Mmm I like to think you're better than that.

We both know that a religion is a set of foundational beliefs that people not only adhere to, but often times attach their entire mindset to.

Please convince me that Global Warming isn't the "religion" of some people.

You're so frustrated at this point with many of us, it might be time to take a step back.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT