ADVERTISEMENT

Gators @ Kentucky...

Smart on Stoops staying in the refs ears about that no call penalty on pass interference. They watched us like a hawk in the second half and it showed by the penalties.

Reactions: GordonGecko
This is a 3-4 loss team. Georgia will run us out of Jacksonville and if we can't handle the noise in Lexington, imagine what LSU's crowd will do to us. That was the most undisciplined effort from an offensive line I've ever seen. And our passing game is too predictable, with Emory just staring down his target too many times. They whipped us in the trenches all game long and, to me, deserved to win the game. They played with more passion and effort.

I'm not even counting USC out of beating UF if we play a game like this again.

Reactions: Milkbone_Dawg
Keeping Jones in there is exactly why I think he's never getting rid of Grantham. I know Grantham wasn't terrible in this particular game, but has been known to be overall.
Actually I thought Grantham sucked in this game. KY is one dimensional, UF should have crowded the box and played press coverage. Maybe they break a long play on a shit pass play on occasion? They got that on a freaking wide receiver screen anyway, due to shitty tackling. With no apologies to Grantham, this game falls on the offense. UK only scored 13 points on offense, even though they controlled the ball on offense WAY TOO LONG. This one is on Mullen, Jones, and an undisciplined offensive line.

This loss almost feels worse than the LSU loss last year and makes the close game against Bama two weeks ago look like a fluke. This looks like an 8-4 team at best. I will be surprised if we come within 3 touchdowns of Georgia.

Actually I thought Grantham sucked in this game. KY is one dimensional, UF should have crowded the box and played press coverage. Maybe they break a long play on a shit pass play on occasion? They got that on a freaking wide receiver screen anyway, due to shitty tackling. With no apologies to Grantham, this game falls on the offense. UK only scored 13 points on offense, even though they controlled the ball on offense WAY TOO LONG. This one is on Mullen, Jones, and an undisciplined offensive line.

Perhaps, less terrible than usual. I saw less occurances of giving 5 yard gaps on the wrs from the line of scrimmage compared to other times, which was one of the biggest reasons for his nickname.

This loss almost feels worse than the LSU loss last year and makes the close game against Bama two weeks ago look like a fluke. This looks like an 8-4 team at best. I will be surprised if we come within 3 touchdowns of Georgia.

Yep

Even if UF wasn't penalty prone and won the game.....nothing in it showed that UF was gonna compete with UGA unless they have the worst game of the season and UF had their best.

Yep

Even if UF wasn't penalty prone and won the game.....nothing in it showed that UF was gonna compete with UGA unless they have the worst game of the season and UF had their best.
We still don't know if UGA is smoke and mirrors like always. Clemson isn't anything near what they were. Arkansas is a mirage. They've got talent as usual, but they have our secret weapon. Kirby Smart. 😂 We will DEFINITELY get an ass kicking if Jones is still quarterbacking. Defense didn't win that game last year.

Reactions: KingofHedgehogs
QB for Kentucky had 7 completions for 87 yards and we still lose.
At some point Florida players and coaches will realize this program needs to get incredibly better on the LOS on both sides of the ball and actually do something about it.
The toughness level isn’t measured on your mouth running, your pre game speeches, and yapping between plays.

Stop running your mouth, learn what discipline is, and learn what really being a tough guy is. Hint- you are no where near close to it right now.

At some point Florida players and coaches will realize this program needs to get incredibly better on the LOS on both sides of the ball and actually do something about it.
The toughness level isn’t measured on your mouth running, your pre game speeches, and yapping between plays.

Stop running your mouth, learn what discipline is, and learn what really being a tough guy is. Hint- you are no where near close to it right now.
The offensive line is light years better at blocking than 2 years ago. Hell, they even run block somewhat decently. The lack of discipline tonight with false starts was infuriating. I put that on coaching. It was loud, just snap the effing ball on the first clap in that environment. How many times does it take to get flagged to not figure that shit out? Even if KY knows that's going to happen, it's a hell of a lot better than an automatic false start.:mad:

I get the line is better but they can’t bully anyone. They can’t line up and run right at people. I’d love to see an I formation iso play right at a defense and see if that line is tough or if it is all smoke and mirrors and the backs making plays on their own.

I get the line is better but they can’t bully anyone. They can’t line up and run right at people. I’d love to see an I formation iso play right at a defense and see if that line is tough or if it is all smoke and mirrors and the backs making plays on their own.

Interesting that we ran for something like 250 yards against Bama and get dominated up front by Kentucky.

My 4 observations from the game:

1. AR 15 was the softest mother trucker playing tonight and I hope he reads this.
2. Dan Mullen called a scared game.
3. There is about 3 false starts where I'm still trying to figure out who jumped.
4. Why the Hell did we just let the clock run out in the 1st half?

Reactions: GordonGecko
My 4 observations from the game:

1. AR 15 was the softest mother trucker playing tonight and I hope he reads this.
2. Dan Mullen called a scared game.
3. There is about 3 false starts where I'm still trying to figure out who jumped.
4. Why the Hell did we just let the clock run out in the 1st half?
Number 4 is a head scratcher.

Because you are noting a different outcome if they didn't happen.
That's what a moral victory is.

Now, now temper temper....if you're gonna resort to name calling I might just have to point out the irony of your insult.

It will be ok. Perhaps you should cool your head and take some deep breaths. A brisk walk, perhaps?
You are a special kind of ginger

Breaking out the tired take a deep breath

You were trying to score points by needling someone as liking moral victories when NOTHING I said was anything close to that

You were busted, by many, and instead of indicating you recognize your mistake, you doubled down on your assholishness

Deep water son, learn to swim

Number 4 is a head scratcher.
With 1:56 left before halftime the Gators' offense trotted out to the field on its own 13-yard line. Florida had all three timeouts, which afforded the opportunity to be aggressive and at least attempt to get in field goal range to extend a 10-7 lead.

Dan Mullen sat on those three timeouts.

Emory Jones completed a pass to Justin Shorter for two yards.

Clock runs.

Jones completed a pass to Trent Whittemore for 14 yards and a first down.

Clock runs.

Malik Davis carries the ball twice for 10 yards and the team stands on the field watching the clock run out on the first half while taking all three of their timeouts into the locker room where they would be turned in like an overdue library book.

Dan Mullen was asked why he chose to go conservative right before half rather than pressing the issue and being aggressive.

“You're on the road, you're back to the wall, we we're making some errors right there. You get out, you know, in order to kind of … you're looking at the clock, you got about 30 seconds, I think it was. We got the ball on our 30-yard line. On the road, you're like, you know. Like I said, I thought we were playing, we're doing some good things, let's just go kind of settle everybody down and not create a potential issue right there.”

What it looked like from high above the artificial turf in Kroger Field was a coach that was scared and didn't believe in his team. The play calling was intentionally conservative and the excuse that there were only 30 seconds left when Florida was on their own 30 can only be made because Mullen was holding on to those timeouts with a deathgrip.

Dan Mullen is a great offensive mind. He didn't show it right before halftime and then balked at taking any responsibility when asked about it after the game.

Agree
Bad decision by Mullen before the half
Just horrific O Line discipline
Giving away a game 101 was displayed

With that, I do not think the Jean Shorts Warriors run us out of the gym. Yes, we kicked their ass last year but are likely less strong while they are stronger, but I would be very surprised if that game is not very close

With 1:56 left before halftime the Gators' offense trotted out to the field on its own 13-yard line. Florida had all three timeouts, which afforded the opportunity to be aggressive and at least attempt to get in field goal range to extend a 10-7 lead.

Dan Mullen sat on those three timeouts.

Emory Jones completed a pass to Justin Shorter for two yards.

Clock runs.

Jones completed a pass to Trent Whittemore for 14 yards and a first down.

Clock runs.

Malik Davis carries the ball twice for 10 yards and the team stands on the field watching the clock run out on the first half while taking all three of their timeouts into the locker room where they would be turned in like an overdue library book.

Dan Mullen was asked why he chose to go conservative right before half rather than pressing the issue and being aggressive.

“You're on the road, you're back to the wall, we we're making some errors right there. You get out, you know, in order to kind of … you're looking at the clock, you got about 30 seconds, I think it was. We got the ball on our 30-yard line. On the road, you're like, you know. Like I said, I thought we were playing, we're doing some good things, let's just go kind of settle everybody down and not create a potential issue right there.”

What it looked like from high above the artificial turf in Kroger Field was a coach that was scared and didn't believe in his team. The play calling was intentionally conservative and the excuse that there were only 30 seconds left when Florida was on their own 30 can only be made because Mullen was holding on to those timeouts with a deathgrip.

Dan Mullen is a great offensive mind. He didn't show it right before halftime and then balked at taking any responsibility when asked about it after the game.
Points were hard enough to come by without squandering an opportunity to score and it came home to roost. He has never been passive before.

Did look like the team was walking around in a daze? There was no passion outside of Damien Pierce.

The play calling at the end of the first half and the lethargic play of the second half are mind boggling.

It was like the score did not match the game I was watching.

You are a special kind of ginger

Breaking out the tired take a deep breath

You were trying to score points by needling someone as liking moral victories when NOTHING I said was anything close to that

You were busted, by many, and instead of indicating you recognize your mistake, you doubled down on your assholishness

Deep water son, learn to swim

By "many" was by one other person who elaborated...lizardgrad89 ....and I literally said "point taken" to him.

Instead of you elaborating why it wasn't a moral victory, like he did, when you had the same opportunity, you lashed out(calling people snowflake) and now calling me additional slurs in this post as well.

Frankly dude, the irony is staggering because your feelings got hurt by an opinion on the state of the uf program and you reacted a lot like a child does that doesn't get spankings in elementary school.

Don't talk to me if you can't be an adult, "son".

Last edited:
Reactions: 59coop
Sorry but I'm done with Dan Mullen and this team this year after watching him do NOTHING with 2 minutes at the end of the 1st half with 3 timeouts in his pocket. He literally just sat there looking at his playsheet and let the clock run out. 2 full ****ing minutes and all 3 timeouts and his offense on the field. He decides to do nothing and go to the locker room instead.

He is letting this garbage filth team beat us and Grantham isn't doing us any favors either. Selling the rest of my tickets for the season because if we can't beat the shit teams in the East by at least 50, we have no hope in hell against Georgia in 3 weeks.

So much for having the best coach in the SEC East. This namby pamby liberal bullshit lazy attitude is killing this team. We do our best when we are going for the kill and instead he sits back and lets garbage kentucky look like a real football team. This game should have been done by halftime.
Meltdown Much???? lol!!!

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
I also mentioned this in the game thread, but I was genuinely surprised that Mullen just let the clock run.
I can understand if you're turning the ball over a bunch and getting the ball back at the half...go to half time and regroup but had a lot of time and time outs. Maybe leave the half with 3 more points. Either way it's water under the bridge. Great win a home for you guys.

Reactions: ukalum1988
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT