ADVERTISEMENT

Gators @ FSU...

200w.gif

Reactions: Razorback_Nole
True, fsu has a good offense this yr and most teams havent stopped us. UF played well overall, it's funny to watch both fan bases hate on the refs. They were bad overall both ways.
I just refuse to blame the refs when we lose. Bad calls go both ways and I never think there's some kind of conspiracy against certain teams. The really good teams overcome adversity, bad teams make excuses and look for scapegoats. FSU is the better team this year, but the Gators could have easily won this game if not for poor coaching to start the 2nd half and terrible execution from our QB. Travis > Richardson and for tonight Norvell > Napier.

Few quick thoughts…

1. It is game 12…defense still does not line up correctly on many downs.

2. Richardson should be developed better. He is far more capable of doing much more than what Florida is getting out of him.

3. sadgator gives Florida credit for actually having the heart to fight back after it was down by 14. Say what you will about the coaching, but this team never quit all year. That is one very positive thing. sadgator would love to have seen if they would have gone for 2 if they had scored at the end. We’ll never know.

4. Ricky Pearsall seriously needs to stop worrying about looking for flags after every missed pass and start focusing more on actually catching the ball.

All in all, a very mediocre year for this staff in year 1…but things could be worse…Hope year 2 is far better than what we just witnessed.

2. Richardson should be developed better. He is far more capable of doing much more than what Florida is getting out of him.
He’s not an accurate passer. He never has been. Typically that is something that doesn’t drastically improve just from getting good coaching. He has a QB trainer (Denny Thompson) who trains him all off-season and that didn’t even make a difference or improve his passing. ARs completion percentage was poor in high school as well. He seems like a good dude and plays for the team but unfortunately he just isn’t good enough mainly due to lack of accuracy.

He’s not an accurate passer. He never has been. Typically that is something that doesn’t drastically improve just from getting good coaching. He has a QB trainer (Denny Thompson) who trains him all off-season and that didn’t even make a difference or improve his passing. ARs completion percentage was poor in high school as well. He seems like a good dude and plays for the team but unfortunately he just isn’t good enough mainly due to lack of accuracy.
He's really bad on the short passes...he never hits the guys in stride...throws it behind players, high, where they can't catch it...it's crazy. I couldn't believe that we kept throwing the ball in the 3rd quarter. We were running it down their throats in the first half.

FSU's offense played a great game. Their QB is super fast and I'm convinced that they have him greased up before the game. Congrats to the Holes on a strong season and win tonight!

The play calling to start the 2nd half was odd. FSU couldn't stop our run game and yet for some reason 5 of our first 6 plays in the 2nd half were passes. Nole QB is fast for sure but candidly our defense made the Vandy QB look all world. Love that we didn't quit on the road. These two teams are fairly even in my opinion. Yes, missed face mask but there are missed calls that go both ways. If we had come out the opening drive and run it down their throat wouldn't have needed the face mask.

Few quick thoughts…

1. It is game 12…defense still does not line up correctly on many downs.

3. sadgator gives Florida credit for actually having the heart to fight back after it was down by 14. Say what you will about the coaching, but this team never quit all year. That is one very positive thing. sadgator would love to have seen if they would have gone for 2 if they had scored at the end. We’ll never know.

4. Ricky Pearsall seriously needs to stop worrying about looking for flags after every missed pass and start focusing more on actually catching the ball.

All in all, a very mediocre year for this staff in year 1…but things could be worse…Hope year 2 is far better than what we just witnessed.

The UF fan sitting next to me at the game was bitching up a storm about Pearsall doing this lol

UF fought till the end and almost won.

A few of my gator takeaways

1. O line is good, not many teams could bully us with the run like that and we have 2 or 3 NFL guys on the d line. Your interior o line was very good.

2. Etienne is better than his brother and I hope there are no more of them.

3. Gators need better tacklers, to be fair, Benson has the most broken tackles in the country so when he gets going it's hard to stop but too many missed tackles in space. Burney had a great stop on J Trav on the 2nd play and I went, uh oh. After that it seemed no one could tackle him

4. AR is a big dude and needs to run way more than he does, it needs to be in a power setting too, similar to Cam Newton.

5. Napier is a good offensive coach but tries to force his way of thinking instead of going with what's working (3rd quarter is what I'm referring to here). I still think he knows what he's doing

6. I see a bunch of close games happening between UF and FSU in the future.

Slightly more athletic Joe Milton

The UF fan sitting next to me at the game was bitching up a storm about Pearsall doing this lol

1. O line is good, not many teams could bully us with the run like that and we have 2 or 3 NFL guys on the d line. Your interior o line was very good.

3. Gators need better tacklers, to be fair, Benson has the most broken tackles in the country so when he gets going it's hard to stop but too many missed tackles in space. Burney had a great stop on J Trav on the 2nd play and I went, uh oh. After that it seemed no one could tackle him

4. AR is a big dude and needs to run way more than he does, it needs to be in a power setting too, similar to Cam Newton.

5. Napier is a good offensive coach but tries to force his way of thinking instead of going with what's working (3rd quarter is what I'm referring to here). I still think he knows what he's doing

Neither Napier or Norvell are ever winning anything of significance unless they both make some changes.

Fair summary. TN just completed his 3rd season. Most game changing coaches are winning big by 2nd year. In my opinion this is the ceiling for TN. Napier to me looks like Muschamp 2.0, but we will know after next season.

Fair summary. TN just completed his 3rd season. Most game changing coaches are winning big by 2nd year. In my opinion this is the ceiling for TN. Napier to me looks like Muschamp 2.0, but we will know after next season.

Hopefully he takes a look in the mirror about some of this stuff. I do think unlike Mullen he has a knack for finding talent and his recruits will be pretty talented. Mullen seemed to have a knack for finding the 4 stars that end up being busts.

• Haha
Reactions: NavigatorII
Agree - However, I do think Napier has the better shot of taking the next step in coaching than Norvell, who's been at it quite a bit longer.
Yes both Norvell and Napier are pretty similar when it comes to X’s and O’s Both likely have DCs that aren’t good enough. Napier recruits a heck of alot better so that gives him a fighting chance. And even as good of a class Napier may sign it still likely won’t be good enough with the way the rest of the SEC recruits.

Reactions: fsu939913
If I were the noles I would not feel great about escaping with a 7 point win at home against a first year coach and a team with very little talent.

If I were the noles I would not feel great about escaping with a 7 point win at home against a first year coach and a team with very little talent.
Why not? It's a rivalry game and $hit happens, man. A win is a win is a win.

This was the first year my son (age 9) has taken any interest in football. He went to every Alamo Seminoles game watching party with me this year and we both had an absolute blast. He's even excited for today's OSU vs Mich game. Watching him enjoy the [FSU] wins among other great games this year has made this the best season since our 2013 MNC run.

Last night we split the back room at the bar with the Gator club and it was a really great night. We all shook hands, hugged it out and agreed to do it again next year. It's just football...it's supposed to be fun (unlike @ih8f$u perspective)

This was the first year my son (age 9) has taken any interest in football. He went to every Alamo Seminoles game watching party with me this year and we both had an absolute blast. He's even excited for today's OSU vs Mich game. Watching him enjoy the [FSU] wins among other great games this year has made this the best season since our 2013 MNC run.

Last night we split the back room at the bar with the Gator club and it was a really great night. We all shook hands, hugged it out and agreed to do it again next year. It's just football...it's supposed to be fun (unlike @ih8f$u perspective)
Fair point Igloo.

sadgator agrees with the noles on this one…sadgator would feel awesome about any win over a rival…and he wouldn’t give a damn about how or why the win occurred…

I think in context it makes way more sense tho. Napier took over a team with way more talent than Norvell did. Our team was awful, he's had to build it, had a covid yr so he didn't get the recruiting bump that most 1st yr coaches do. Then NIL pops up out of nowhere and costs us Hunter and probably MJJ and some others because we weren't ready. So 2 yrs, 2 things that never happened before happened, so the delay makes sense. I have no idea if Norvell can win a NC, probably not, especially not with our current staff. Right now, I just want him to win the ACC and beat Clemson. He's beat Miami, now UF, and he dominated some bad ACC teams. So he's doing the right things to consistently go up the ladder, not sure how high he can go but I don't expect him to win a title with the current setup. We need a generational QB and a better DC, better recruiters all over the staff. Need a FOF that is being built starting in Decemeber, etc.

I think Napier showed last night that he's a gamer and can coach his guys up. Gators played hard and fought until the end, tried to make a great comeback on the road. Where Napier scares me is games like Vandy, that can't happen. However, on the flip side of the coin, it's his first yr, Saban and Kirby both lost to bad teams their first yr. Norvell won 3 games his first yr. I think cfb is changing and with ESD where it is and the TP, I don't think winning in yr 2 is realistic anymore.

Reactions: gatordad3
The only reason why last nights UF/FSU game as the highest scoring game in series history is because both teams defenses are crap. Neither that UF or FSU offense is anything like the days of Wuerrfel, Rex, Tebow, Ward or Weinke at QB with the weapons they had.

Wait, you have a son?!

I'm an UNCLE?!?!

MaxPreps HS Stats:

2020-21 Jr - 13 Gms
Passing - 88 of 121 72.7% for 1,666 Yds, 18.9 Ave, 27 TD's, 6 Ints, QBR 133.7
Rushing - 154 for 992 Yds, 6.4 YPC, 13 TD's, 1 LPF.

2021-22 Sr - 14 Gms
Passing - 167 of 235 71.1% for 2,750 Yds, 16.5 Ave, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
Rushing - 173 for 1,343 Yds, 7.8 YPC, 20 TD's, 0 LPF

Combined Jr/St HS - 27 Gms
Passing - 255 of 356 71.6% for 4,416 Yds, 17.3 Ave, 68 TD's, 10 Ints, QBR 141.3
Rushing - 327 for 2,335 Yds, 7.1 YPC, 33 TD's, 1 LPF

Total 2 Season Plays - 683 for 6,751 Yds, 101 TD's, 11 TO's

I think in context it makes way more sense tho. Napier took over a team with way more talent than Norvell did. Our team was awful, he's had to build it, had a covid yr so he didn't get the recruiting bump that most 1st yr coaches do. Then NIL pops up out of nowhere and costs us Hunter and probably MJJ and some others because we weren't ready. So 2 yrs, 2 things that never happened before happened, so the delay makes sense. I have no idea if Norvell can win a NC, probably not, especially not with our current staff. Right now, I just want him to win the ACC and beat Clemson. He's beat Miami, now UF, and he dominated some bad ACC teams. So he's doing the right things to consistently go up the ladder, not sure how high he can go but I don't expect him to win a title with the current setup. We need a generational QB and a better DC, better recruiters all over the staff. Need a FOF that is being built starting in Decemeber, etc.

I think Napier showed last night that he's a gamer and can coach his guys up. Gators played hard and fought until the end, tried to make a great comeback on the road. Where Napier scares me is games like Vandy, that can't happen. However, on the flip side of the coin, it's his first yr, Saban and Kirby both lost to bad teams their first yr. Norvell won 3 games his first yr. I think cfb is changing and with ESD where it is and the TP, I don't think winning in yr 2 is realistic anymore.

That 7-6 Bama 2007 team at least played good fundamentals most of the time. I think only one game did they get scored on a lot and they never lost by more than a TD.

That 7-6 Bama 2007 team at least played good fundamentals most of the time. I think only one game did they get scored on a lot and they never lost by more than a TD.

They also went 3-6 to finish the regular season after beating up their opening season cupcakes and then beating Colorado in the I dependence Bowl.

MaxPreps HS Stats:

2020-21 Jr - 13 Gms
Passing - 88 of 121 72.7% for 1,666 Yds, 18.9 Ave, 27 TD's, 6 Ints, QBR 133.7
Rushing - 154 for 992 Yds, 6.4 YPC, 13 TD's, 1 LPF.

2021-22 Sr - 14 Gms
Passing - 167 of 235 71.1% for 2,750 Yds, 16.5 Ave, 41 TD's, 4 Ints, QBR 142.6
Rushing - 173 for 1,343 Yds, 7.8 YPC, 20 TD's, 0 LPF

Combined Jr/St HS - 27 Gms
Passing - 255 of 356 71.6% for 4,416 Yds, 17.3 Ave, 68 TD's, 10 Ints, QBR 141.3
Rushing - 327 for 2,335 Yds, 7.1 YPC, 33 TD's, 1 LPF

Total 2 Season Plays - 683 for 6,751 Yds, 101 TD's, 11 TO's
Do you have a crush on Maxine?

It bothers me that Coach Billy NoWhere does not seem to be bothered by losing. I much prefer the Tebow type competitiveness when someone HATES TO LOSE. There is going to have to be big visible improvement next year or Billy NoWhere will be on the hot seat and looking at a possible 3 years and out. He also needs to hire an offensive coordinator.

Last edited:
1. Way too many bleacher coaches on this board who has never coached this game ever in their life nor most likely never played so they come here to put down players.

2. ABC has the worse commentators that I have seen. They were clearly FSU fans. I cannot stand one sided commentators. Hint that was in fact pass interference whoever the hero commentator was.

3. Many bleacher Coaches clearly done't know jack about this game because I've said all year that this team is young and if anybody goes look at the roster it's full of FRESHMEN AND SOPHOMORES. Etienne is a FRESHMAN and JOHNSON a SOPHOMORE, and Richardson a SOPHOMORE.
depth chart for yesterday consisted of only 1 SENIOR, 7 JRs, 9 Soph, 10 Freshmen just for the OFFENSE. On defense there was only 3 Seniors, 2 JRs, 15 Soph, 9 Freshmen. This is pretty much the same depth chart from all year. So all you bleacher coaches you don't know what you're freaking talking about if you all belie e this team is even ready. THEY ARE YOUNG.

3. Richardson is not ready for the NFL and does not stand a chance in the NFL. I do not care if he goes undefeated next year and wins a championship he still would not be ready. You must show TWO good years to NFL SCOUTS to even get any stock as QB. This is Anthony Richardson's first full year under center, not as backup. Let the young man grow into his position before beating him down. New HC, whole new staff = whole new system. You all do know every coach is different? One Coach may call something this while another Coach calls something that but they both are talking about the same thing...

4. I told you all if they are smart and stay together, the next 2 years they will in fact do something no other UF TEAM HAS EVER DONE and that is go undefeated. This year was an observation year for Billy Napier as his first year as HC.

5. I don't know who is worse, liberals who spew out climate change bull or Gator bleacher Coachers!!! Don't like what I say then don't read it. Just a couple of years ago you folks were screaming to get rid of the HC, you folks do not give time to any new HC before you call for his head. Stupid just stupid.

1. Way too many bleacher coaches on this board who has never coached this game ever in their life nor most likely never played so they come here to put down players.

2. ABC has the worse commentators that I have seen. They were clearly FSU fans. I cannot stand one sided commentators. Hint that was in fact pass interference whoever the hero commentator was.

3. Many bleacher Coaches clearly done't know jack about this game because I've said all year that this team is young and if anybody goes look at the roster it's full of FRESHMEN AND SOPHOMORES. Etienne is a FRESHMAN and JOHNSON a SOPHOMORE, and Richardson a SOPHOMORE.
depth chart for yesterday consisted of only 1 SENIOR, 7 JRs, 9 Soph, 10 Freshmen just for the OFFENSE. On defense there was only 3 Seniors, 2 JRs, 15 Soph, 9 Freshmen. This is pretty much the same depth chart from all year. So all you bleacher coaches you don't know what you're freaking talking about if you all belie e this team is even ready. THEY ARE YOUNG.

3. Richardson is not ready for the NFL and does not stand a chance in the NFL. I do not care if he goes undefeated next year and wins a championship he still would not be ready. You must show TWO good years to NFL SCOUTS to even get any stock as QB. This is Anthony Richardson's first full year under center, not as backup. Let the young man grow into his position before beating him down. New HC, whole new staff = whole new system. You all do know every coach is different? One Coach may call something this while another Coach calls something that but they both are talking about the same thing...

4. I told you all if they are smart and stay together, the next 2 years they will in fact do something no other UF TEAM HAS EVER DONE and that is go undefeated. This year was an observation year for Billy Napier as his first year as HC.

5. I don't know who is worse, liberals who spew out climate change bull or Gator bleacher Coachers!!! Don't like what I say then don't read it. Just a couple of years ago you folks were screaming to get rid of the HC, you folks do not give time to any new HC before you call for his head. Stupid just stupid.
I remember my first beer also…

What do you have against bleacher coaches?

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR

This $hit can happen in any rivalry game. 2006 Florida at 6-5 FSU. One of FSU’s worst teams ever under BB. That team lost 2 weeks prior to wake 30 to freaking nothing.

Florida won the MNC that year & beat FSU by 7. That game was in Doak, the same Doak Wake just won 30-0.

Florida had an undefeated season in 1911, just to set the record straight... 😜

Do you have a crush on Maxine?

Began going 5 of 7 (71.4%), then went 4 of 20 (20%) the rest of the way....
For a 9 of 27, (33.3%) game passing, with 151 Yds, 3 TD's and 1 Int.
Did not complete a pass in the entire 3rd Qtr.
Last 3 passes, Incomplete, Incomplete, Incomplete, game over.... 😏

VS

Throwing 13 of 30 (43.3%), but 270 Yds, 1 TD, 0 Ints.
While running for 83 Yds and 2 TD's.
And they scored 17 unanswered points in the 3rd Qtr.

As a 'bleacher coach,' I have no clue what any of that means....
🙄

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT