ADVERTISEMENT

GameDay Thread/Florida vs FSU

Chew on this for a minute. We had more yards and more first downs than FSU going into the 4th quarter. Kelvin Taylor had more yards rushing than Cook going into the 4th quarter. That tells me 2 things: 1) Our defense is fantastic 2) if we had a competent QB we win that game last night. Our running game would have been even better and our defense woukdnt have had to be on the field all night. We also would have been up 7-0 with a competent QB and that would have made it a different ballgame in itself. Unfortunately it is what it is and we have the QB problem that we do.

Actually the boxscore has UF winning TOP by 32:25 to 27:35 and total plays 79 for UF to 58. UF won the turnover battle with the safety.

Actually the boxscore has UF winning TOP by 32:25 to 27:35 and total plays 79 for UF to 58. UF won the turnover battle with the safety.

I always love the "if we had different players" we'd have won argument. If FSU had an O-line, it wouldn't have been close. See how that works?

One of my favorite BONG stances was his ascertain that it's up to the coaches to recruit depth and coach it....injuries, suspensions, etc. shouldn't be a factor. That said, Jim didn't recruit either of your QB's so he gets a pass in my book (for now).

I always love the "if we had different players" we'd have won argument. If FSU had an O-line, it wouldn't have been close. See how that works?

One of my favorite BONG stances was his ascertain that it's up to the coaches to recruit depth and coach it....injuries, suspensions, etc. shouldn't be a factor. That said, Jim didn't recruit either of your QB's so he gets a pass in my book (for now).
Grier was actually on the UF team. It's a little bit different of an "if". I agree you have to play with what you have. I believe I said "it is what it is".

Reactions: passoverGator
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT