ADVERTISEMENT

Florida @ KY

Comment meant for Mr. Arkansas, not you.

We are well-aware of our coaching status situation relative to other coaches we have had.

We are also well-aware that Kentucky has a “chance” in this game.

Don’t come here and try to educate the fan base of the team who “relatively recently” owned the 31 game win streak about the relative positions and capabilities of the programs.

You’re good.

• Haha
Reactions: CUJO_1970
yeah, eff that shite.... our place is what we earn and fight for, not what some other team grants us. 31 years straight was freaking embarrassing- and I witnessed that whole debacle as I was at the last UK’s win before that streak started. If UF doesn’t like the place UK is at right now, then they need to do something about it on the field

- out
Well said.... I was also there at the game in 1986 and for a while was wondering if I would ever see another UK win over the Gators.

By the way, from previous posts back in the past, aren't you a College of Engineering alumni like I am? The CoE is having a pregame tailgate per the attached:

Edit to add as noted in the Instagram post that Florida Engineering Alumni are also welcome..... It just so happens that the respective deans of the College of Engineering from UK and UF are close friends and football fans, and starting with last year, they have hosted a joint tailgate party. My wife and I were treated to great hospitality by the Gators at their Engineering tailgate last year.

Last edited:
Well said.... I was also there at the game in 1986 and for a while was wondering if I would ever see another UK win over the Gators.

By the way, from previous posts back in the past, aren't you a College of Engineering like I am? The CoE is having a pregame tailgate per the attached:

Edit to add as noted in the Instagram post that Florida Engineering Alumni are also welcome..... It just so happens that the respective deans of the College of Engineering from UK and UF are close friends and football fans, and starting with last year, they have hosted a joint tailgate party. My wife and I were treated to great hospitality by the Gators at their Engineering tailgate last year.
Thanks for the heads up on the shared CoE tailgates…. I would consider showing up for a bit if the game was later, but not enuff time for extracuriculars plus our groups tailgate with noon KO

Reactions: ghost_of_ukalum1988
Now this is what we want our KY brothers discussing in a thread, bourbon and what time to meet up to drink the bourbon...thank god IPD and Ghost restored some order to the universe!!
If there are any Gators from here coming up to the game - there’s bourbon available in the Orange Lot with the IPD group before the game …. And maybe after, but after a game, sometimes bourbon depletion has occurred

If there are any Gators from here coming up to the game - there’s bourbon available in the Orange Lot with the IPD group before the game …. And maybe after, but after a game, sometimes bourbon depletion has occurred
I tailgate with some folks in the Orange Lot. I noticed they actually put row numbers in the parking lot this year. Post your row number if known and other identifying information such as flags, banners, etc. to help locate you.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
I tailgate with some folks in the Orange Lot. I noticed they actually put row numbers in the parking lot this year. Post your row number if known and other identifying information such as flags, banners, etc. to help locate you.
The RV slot is 76 - a Pinnacle RV, tan. TV on side of RV pop-out and there’ll be several chairs arranged around TV. Ask for Matt or Tony…. They’re the only ones who’ll immediately know the moniker IPD

LSAO…

What does it say about us that the most aggressive smack talk we’ve seen on this Board I like the past 5 years comes from…a Kentucky fan?!?!?…

And sadgator didn’t say Kentucky had no chance to beat Florida this year…he said you are Kentucky…know your place…
Relax. It's football discussion. Nothing less. Nothing more. Here, this should make you feel better.

Sad Gator's posts are like a fine art
He is witty, bold, and incredibly smart.

Fellow Gator fans read his posts each and every day
They are very thought-provoking what can I say?

Sad Gator brings intrigue to the message board with his brilliant mind
He's as loyal of a Gator fan that you'll ever find.

Sad Gator proudly dons his UF attire.
And he fondly remembers those glory days with Urban Meyer.

Sad Gator felt like he died and went to heaven
When UF crushed FSU in the title game back in '97.

Reading Sad Gator's posts will never grow old
When it comes to sparking conversation he is message board gold.

All the words in this poem are accurate and true
Sad Gator loves the orange and blue.

I am a little nervous after watching the breakdown of our offense against Charlotte. Napier is very hard headed in his play calling. He loves to run the ball even when the defense is daring you to pass and playing the run.

I look forward to watching UK laying all over the field faking injuries so they can slow down the Florida offense. That seems to be their best strategy over the last 5 years.

Just a FYI --- From the official UF/Gator 2021 schedule site:

University of Kentucky Logo
Oct 2 (Sat) 6 PM SEC at Kentucky

I knew you would find it 😎

• Haha
Reactions: instaGATOR
LSAO…

What does it say about us that the most aggressive smack talk we’ve seen on this Board I like the past 5 years comes from…a Kentucky fan?!?!?…

And sadgator didn’t say Kentucky had no chance to beat Florida this year…he said you are Kentucky…know your place…
Yes, go plan your midnight madness already.

No, evidently you haven't been paying attention. The title of this thread is "Florida @ KY" not "Can Kentucky ever win a SEC Championship?" Work on your reading comprehension, stick to the discussion at hand, and quit trying to move the goalposts.
Look 6 posts guy, this is a FLORIDA GATOR discussion. We get to talk about whatever we want in here, and you know what, those are our goalposts, so if we want to move them, we will. If you don't like it, well, sux to be you.

Relax. It's football discussion. Nothing less. Nothing more. Here, this should make you feel better.

You have earned your place here my fine “Arkansas” Cat…

Your post is well done, and has ended our spat…

You have impressed ol’ sadgator and new friends have been made…

But your damn true fine words still won’t get sadgator laid…

The RV slot is 76 - a Pinnacle RV, tan. TV on side of RV pop-out and there’ll be several chairs arranged around TV. Ask for Matt or Tony…. They’re the only ones who’ll immediately know the moniker IPD
Excellent, thanks for the reply. The group I hang out with tailgates at one of those landscaped barriers towards the back of the Orange Lot; where vehicle traffic runs north / south. That being said, I shouldn't be too far from where you're at, and hopefully I can make it over there - if not for this game, perhaps vs UT or Bama.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
The Gators wield a 53-20 record against the Wildcats including a 22-11 mark on the road.
Florida has won 33 of the last 36 meetings in the series including wins in 16 of the last 17 games in Lexington.
From 1978-2017, the Gators claimed 31-consecutive games in the series against the Wildcats.

Reason to hope? === UF 29 - 16 #11 Tennis-sea
QB Graham Mertz leads the SEC throwing for 77.8% entering Week 5, ranking 4th in the FBS.

RB Trevor Etienne ranks 3rd in the SEC with 6.7 YPC and is one of 10 RB's in the country with over 300 yards rushing, 6.5 YPC and multiple rushing TD's, (min. 40 attempts).

Florida has 3 RBs with over 4.0 yards per carry and two-plus rushings TDs (Treyaun Webb, Montrell Johnson Jr., Etienne).

The Gators also lead the SEC in 4th Down Conversion Pct. (.200), ranking 8th in the FBS.

IF it comes down to making a long FG, Florida wins....

Reason to worry? === Last Week UF 22 - 7 Charlotte
The Gator Def. has 7 sacks, while the Off. has given up 9 sacks.
=====

More Trivia....
UF has already faced two Top 25 teams going 1-1 and 3-1 overall, while kensucky has faced zero Top 25's while going 4-0....

While playing 4 games, 2 vs Top 25's, Florida has only allowed 45 total first downs, which ranks 1st in the FBS.

In year one under new DC Austin Armstrong, Florida ranks 1st in the SEC, 4th in the P5 and 5th in the FBS in Total Defense with 244.8 yards allowed per game.

What all of that means come Saturday at Noon? NADA
For more 'smoke up the dress' type info, use the link:

Last edited:
Reactions: Nicktheslick
The Gators wield a 53-20 record against the Wildcats including a 22-11 mark on the road.
Florida has won 33 of the last 36 meetings in the series including wins in 16 of the last 17 games in Lexington.
From 1978-2017, the Gators claimed 31-consecutive games in the series against the Wildcats.

Reason to hope? === UF 29 - 16 #11 Tennis-sea
QB Graham Mertz leads the SEC throwing for 77.8% entering Week 5, ranking 4th in the FBS.

RB Trevor Etienne ranks 3rd in the SEC with 6.7 YPC and is one of 10 RB's in the country with over 300 yards rushing, 6.5 YPC and multiple rushing TD's, (min. 40 attempts).

Florida has 3 RBs with over 4.0 yards per carry and two-plus rushings TDs (Treyaun Webb, Montrell Johnson Jr., Etienne).

The Gators also lead the SEC in 4th Down Conversion Pct. (.200), ranking 8th in the FBS.

IF it comes down to making a long FG, Florida wins....

Reason to worry? === Last Week UF 22 - 7 Charlotte
The Gator Def. has 7 sacks, while the Off. has given up 9 sacks.

UF has already faced two Top 25 teams going 1-1 and 3-1 overall, while kensucky has faced zero Top 25's while going 4-0....

While playing 4 games, 2 vs Top 25's, Florida has only allowed 45 total first downs, which ranks first in the FBS.

In year one under new DC Austin Armstrong, Florida ranks 1st in the SEC, 4th in the P5 and 5th in the FBS in Total Defense with 244.8 yards allowed per game.

What all of that means come Saturday at Noon? NADA
For more 'smoke up the dress' type info, use the link:

Not sure what it all means but there are some things we are really lacking on in offense this year. Defense looks really strong so far though. KY on paper has an explosive play offense but they haven't really played a decent defense yet.

Hard to believe how many people are picking KY and they have a chance to beat us 3 straight years. No one would have believed this was possible a few years back. As far as KY having a low number of sacks that is due to Leary getting rid of the ball quicker than the QB they had last season and not really their O line blocking any better I think. Leary will throw into coverage down field sometimes instead of just throwing the ball away though. What scares me the most about the KY offense is the 2 WRs that were track guys. Hopefully our secondary is up to the task.

Mertz's Gators sitting at No. 22 in the AP Top 25 at 3-1 (1-0 SEC) and

Leary's unranked Wildcats receiving 41 votes in the poll this week at 4-0 (1-0 SEC).

This will be the SEC's first head-to-head battle between starting quarterbacks who
transferred into the conference this season.

There is always a trade-off in the QB stats:

Mertz - 78% completion percentage with a 6.4 Yd Ave depth of target, 951 Yds.
4 TD's, 1 Int, 9 sacks, while averaging 28 Pts/Gm. (-1.0 YPC, 2 TD's)
Receiver drops at ??% (I couldn't find it, anyone know?) 1 with a 40+ reception.
Key --
Has played against 2 Top 25 Opponents. QBR 66.3

Leary - 59% completions percentage with an 11.6 Yd Ave depth of target, 1,060 Yds.
9 TD's, 5 Ints, 4 sacks, while averaging 38 Pts/Gm. (-1.9 YPC, 0 TD's)
Receiver drops at 8.9%, but 5 also have 40+ Yd receptions.
Key --
Has played against 0 Top 25 Opponents. QBR 49.4

Hard to believe how many people are picking KY and they have a chance to beat us 3 straight years. No one would have believed this was possible a few years back. As far as KY having a low number of sacks that is due to Leary getting rid of the ball quicker than the QB they had last season and not really their O line blocking any better I think. Leary will throw into coverage down field sometimes instead of just throwing the ball away though. What scares me the most about the KY offense is the 2 WRs that were track guys. Hopefully our secondary is up to the task.
Our O-line is not we want it to be, but it’s better than last year’s group.

You’re correct that Leary is generally more poised in the pocket than Will Levis was, and he’s much better at just throwing the ball away than trying to be a hero and then taking a sack.

Coming in, Leary was hyped as a very accurate QB with a high completion percentage. That hasn’t been the case. He has sailed quite a number of balls way over the receivers heads.

From a UK fan’s perspective, my main concern is containing the Florida running game. If we can do that I feel pretty good about our chances.

Reactions: Gator Fever

Sheesh just finish him off and get up.

Now I remember why I dislike 11am games...taking an ambien at 3am after hitting the gin and tonic and a dozen shots of fireball for 11 hours makes waking up at 10:57am very difficult, especially to see the beginning of the game so far.

But, good news. I've poured a new drink and taken my blood pressure medicine (ironically I took it as the called Johnson's first down run back).

Gonna be a long day for Ol Danny boy.

Got lucky there

Or the defense settled down in the red zone.

See? It's called being positive when each team has only had one possession.

Try it out.

Or, try alcohol. Try something. I beg of you.

A final suggestion. Just shut the hell up until I start getting mad, then you have full permission to be a pissant.

But right now it's too early to make my eye twitch.

Or the defense settled down in the red zone.

See? It's called being positive when each team has only had one possession.

Try it out.

Or, try alcohol. Try something. I beg of you.

A final suggestion. Just shut the hell up until I start getting mad, then you have full permission to be a pissant.

But right now it's too early to make my eye twitch.

They had a WR wide open in the end zone on those 2 plays.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT