ADVERTISEMENT

Feleipe Franks Officially Gator

GatorGray

Bull Gator
Apr 3, 2002
Feleipe Franks ‏@18franks 9m9 minutes ago
It's great to be a Florida Gator! #Committed
1f40a.png

Nice. Hopefully Trask gets replaced and we get two young QB's with big upside in the fold.

And apparently Chauncey Gardner predicted Haskins was gonna flip. Will be interesting to see that play out.

Huge get. Haskins is better than Franks now but Franks has the higher ceiling. He's an EE as well, which is great

Reactions: GatorNation79
Nice. Hopefully Trask gets replaced and we get two young QB's with big upside in the fold.
Trask just came out and said he's an EE as well. Him and Feleipe Franks are both EEs. We are likely done at QB for this class.

Serious question: has any QB Miles has gone after at LSU ever turned into anything?

And I really don't like the Mettenbergervexample considering the situation with that.

Not in his offenses they haven't

We needed a QB like this in the worst way. He's ****ing huge and has a laser

I betcha we won't have 500 batted balls at the line of scrimmage with this Franks kid like we do with our current midget! Thank god this post-Tebow quarterback disaster may be coming to an end.

Trask just came out and said he's an EE as well. Him and Feleipe Franks are both EEs. We are likely done at QB for this class.

Ugh. Baffles me they took a commit from this kid. And Nuss personally recruited him. His evaluations at three different spots have proven to be horrible. I cannot believe we're allowing a kid who can't start on his own HS team to not only commit but enroll early. Just wow.

Haven't questioned Mac on much but on this I will. Imagine if Muschamp took a commit like this, we'd rightfully roast him. This is questionable.

He's 6"5 and will only get bigger and stronger. I mean watch more of his film, he actually evades pressure and keeps his eyes downfield and feels the heat around him. I've seen people not as high on him but I've liked him since I saw his film the first time. He's an NFL body and arm from day one with nothing but room to grow. I think we are looking at our starting QB from game one in September

God we needed this so bad guys I feel like you have to understand this lol

Reactions: djegators
Yeah Trask is a real head scratcher. Makes little sense considering we need so much help at QB. I wonder if they don't want to scare away the Allen kid in the 2017 class. idk

it doesn't matter, we have Allen and Franks battling out for it. Nothing else matters

oozie have you looked at Franks film

Yes. He has talent. Big arm, nice over the top release, etc. He's not my preferred QB take though, as if that matters. He's just not athletic enough for my liking. I want a QB who is a passer first but can also make plus outside the pocket. They're much harder to defend and even the NFL is trending that direction with QB's. Guys who are primarily pocket passers put way too much pressure on the oline to protect them, also gives the defense and easy it when rushing because they know where he'll be every down.

I have no issue with Franks. It's just all a matter of preference. I'd like the commit a whole lot better if they were letting Trask go though and getting a second QB with some top notch athleticism. Then let them battle it out and may the best man win.

Another aspect of the QB recruiting is it looks like we are going to have quite a haul at WR.

Going from driskel, to treon..... to Franks

I like the odds here with an every year elite defense

"I'd like the commit a whole lot better if they were letting Trask go though and getting a second QB with sometop notch athleticism. Then let them battle it out and may the best man win."

Don't forget we still have Grier, and he is just as athletic as Treon with a much better arm.

Reactions: DLinOrlando
Franks is pretty athletic. Watch his tape. He can move pretty good for a big guy and can avoid a rush. He has some physical talents and one of the most pure talented QBs in the entire class. It's great that he is an EE. That will help him and the team immensely. Franks isn't their yet and needs some coaching/developing but his ceiling is very high. We are also getting some good RBs and WRs to enroll early as well.

We good at QB and WR for years to come already in my mind. Need a bit more from the OL and to keep signing elite defensive talent and we will compete for Championships. That is reality, look how bad we are and we are 10-2 right now and playing for the best conferences Prize in the Nation. We really aren't far away because the coaching is there. I think in 2017 we will be where we ought to be and for good again.

Reactions: GatorNation79
See and I forgot our RB's.. We got some beasts to run behind even a decent OL for the future and are stacking depth. I haven't even seen this other kids film that committed this week yet. Anyone seen any good tape on him? Just post it

What I'm curious about is what trend they're trying to go with the offense. We've been in basically nothing but spread formations this year, but we don't run many of the typical spread concepts, we're spread in formation only. Then you look back to last year and we recruited QB's like Lamar Jackson and Francois very hard, and they're both dual-threat, spread QB's. This year we chased/am chasing Haskins pretty hard and I know we were after Guarantano for a while who are also guys tailor made for the spread even though they have great passing ability and could fit other systems. Then of course we have Trask and Allen committed who are pure pocket guys. I can't get a read on what we want to do on offense at all.

And speaking of the backs, Taylor would have to be crazy to leave this year, right?

I mean, next year he will actually have a line to block for him and an offense that should move the ball pretty well.

He should put up 1000-1200 yards next year depending on how the carries are split.

Reactions: RD_Gator
What I'm curious about is what trend they're trying to go with the offense. We've been in basically nothing but spread formations this year, but we don't run many of the typical spread concepts, we're spread in formation only. Then you look back to last year and we recruited QB's like Lamar Jackson and Francois very hard, and they're both dual-threat, spread QB's. This year we chased/am chasing Haskins pretty hard and I know we were after Guarantano for a while who are also guys tailor made for the spread even though they have great passing ability and could fit other systems. Then of course we have Trask and Allen committed who are pure pocket guys. I can't get a read on what we want to do on offense at all.

Ponder this.

Perhaps, based on comments from Mac in the past, that's his plan.

Let the offense evolve with who we have.

Ponder this.

Perhaps, based on comments from Mac in the past, that's his plan.

Let the offense evolve with who we have.

That's probably it. Sounds good in theory, but its kinda hard to do from season to season because the other 10 have to adjust too.

Danny is spot on. Mcelwain knows he has the tools to fit any QB we have, that's what we are losing perspective of here because of who we were STUCK with the rest of this season. We made Grier look like Brett Favre in year one with all these issues. He's a good QB but not like the guys we are bringing in when it comes to just pure talent. Look at our earlier formations and plays with Will this year... that's what our offense is going to look like with whatever QB can handle it mentally. Mac has a great offense in store, we just don't have the head to run it yet. We will now no matter whether it's one of these top guys or Grier. The bad QB shit is done, even their learning curves can't look worse than what we are watching out there.

How doesn't he improve his draft stock?

He's on a team known for putrid offense that constantly stalls out.

Yes, he has been a bright spot in it, but he would have to make a bigger impact on film with a better line and offense in front of him.

Besides, I really hope the Taylor family isn't hurting for money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT