ADVERTISEMENT

Early signing day thread....Steele announcement

OU played 2 top 25 teams the entire year and then a whole bunch of scrub team. What was OUs SOS? It couldn’t have been very good
According to this website, Oklahoma's SOS was #14. Alabama #2, Clemson #13, Notre Dame #25. Georgia is #1.
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other
But here's another ranking that seems to go more in depth that has SOS for Alabama at #17, Notre Dame at #61, Clemson at #76 and Oklahoma at #68. LSU is #1.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...ll-2018-strength-of-schedule-week-14-rankings

According to this website, Oklahoma's SOS was #14. Alabama #2, Clemson #13, Notre Dame #25. Georgia is #1.
https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/schedule-strength-by-other
But here's another ranking that seems to go more in depth that has SOS for Alabama at #17, Notre Dame at #61, Clemson at #76 and Oklahoma at #68. LSU is #1.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-fo...ll-2018-strength-of-schedule-week-14-rankings

Teamrankings is a joke. It tried to say we had one of the harder schedules just after the Colorado State game. A good one to use is the one ESPN lists with the playoff contenders during the season and is used by the committee.

It actually says after the championship games that Oklahoma had a tougher overall schedule than Bama but was behind Georgia and LSU's schedule. I think the Big 12 being balanced helped that out some as Texas is right near the top in it.

Last edited:
What does that have to do with SOS?

It has to do with both their SoS and their final BS ranking....
I'd have them ranked in the CFP poll in the 20-25 range.

Texass played over-rated #4 OK twice, 1-1
#16 WVa - lost
#24 IoSt - won
The rest were NR chumps, and they lost to 2 of the NR teams.

UF played 7 SEC Bowl teams, 5 that were in the final Top 25,,, for example.
And all 3 of UF's losses were to Top 25 teams.

It has to do with both their SoS and their final BS ranking....
I'd have them ranked in the CFP poll in the 20-25 range.

Texass played over-rated #4 OK twice, 1-1
#16 WVa - lost
#24 IoSt - won
The rest were NR chumps, and they lost to 2 of the NR teams.

UF played 7 SEC Bowl teams, 5 that were in the final Top 25,,, for example.
And all 3 of UF's losses were to Top 25 teams.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

*Fevered - Brain gets it ;)

( 5 ) of 3* Dans 9 vaunted wins ( sos ) against

FCS Charleston Southern 5-6 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
FCS Idaho 4-7 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Woeful Colorado state 3-9 :rolleyes:
Rubber Dollies 5-7 :rolleyes:
Free shoes 5-7 :rolleyes:

Choke-la-homo's wins:
11-2 Army lost by 7 pts to OK in OT, and by 20 to 7-5 Dukie o_O

3-9 UCLA
3-9 Kan
5-7 FAU
5-7 KSt
5-7TxT
6-6 Baylor
6-6 TCU
6-6 OkSt
That's 8 of 12 wins against teams that DID NOT finish with a winning season. And only 2 teams that finished in the final CFP Top 25.

mail

mail

FCS Charleston Southern 5-6 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You are lucky we didn't get the Sugar. We would have whipped your ass.

So tell us about your colossal victories against

Woeful across the board:

3-9 Kansas
3-9 UCLA
5-7 Texas Tech
5-7 Kansas State
5-7 Florida Atlantic

YOU PLAYED THREE TEAMS WITH WINNING RECORDS THIS YEAR! THREE!

GTFO with anything other than your team is the most overrated in the nation and gets a big dose of reality very soon.

So tell us about your colossal victories against

Woeful across the board:

3-9 Kansas
3-9 UCLA
5-7 Texas Tech
5-7 Kansas State
5-7 Florida Atlantic

YOU PLAYED THREE TEAMS WITH WINNING RECORDS THIS YEAR! THREE!

GTFO with anything other than your team is the most overrated in the nation and gets a big dose of reality very soon.
Wow. Even I didn’t know OUs schedule was that bad.

Choke-la-homo's wins:
11-2 Army lost by 7 pts to OK in OT, and by 20 to 7-5 Dukie o_O

3-9 UCLA
3-9 Kan
5-7 FAU
5-7 KSt
5-7TxT
6-6 Baylor
6-6 TCU
6-6 OkSt
That's 8 of 12 wins against teams that DID NOT finish with a winning season. And only 2 teams that finished in the final CFP Top 25.

mail

mail
Nail is showing up talking out of his butt...OU is about to get taken to the woodshed. No team will ever win if their defense sucks and Oklahoma has no defense.

Nail is showing up talking out of his butt...OU is about to get taken to the woodshed. No team will ever win if their defense sucks and Oklahoma has no defense.

Bama will be hard to beat but actually in about 1/3 of these college football games to date not much defense was played by either team (both teams scored at least 31 points or more).

If this was the Bama under Hurts I think Oklahoma would have a chance but its hard to see them beating Bama with Tagovailoa. Not 100% out of the question if they can slow down the running game a little however.

Never could not understand how our previous two coaches couldn't simply fill needs of positions. Insane

One cared only about one side of the ball, so much so he thought that terrible RB he took (name eludes me) was better than Derrick Henry.

The other never had a clue what he was doing, got the job off the back of an OC at CSU that he wanted to fire and Foley showed his true incompetence by evening considering the guy. Mac might literally be the worst P5 head coach ever

Mac might literally be the worst P5 head coach ever

Homer bias is clouding your view. :confused:
That is a very long list, and Mc is not at the top of it imo. :cool:

Other obvious candidates, just in the SEC... o_O
Goof at UGly
Dublows at Bama
Do-little at tennis-sea

Last edited:

Yikes. It looks like with all those great recruits OU you get destroyed when you play anybody decent. You’ll never win anything with Riley and his defense

Yikes. It looks like with all those great recruits OU you get destroyed when you play anybody decent. You’ll never win anything with Riley and his defense

Well Bama's defense didn't actually look that great either after the first few possessions. I doubt Oklahoma could have beat them but I think that game could have been interesting without that terrible start for them.

Well Bama's defense didn't actually look that great either after the first few possessions. I doubt Oklahoma could have beat them but I think that game could have been interesting without that terrible start for them.

Not really. OU had like 150 yards at halftime. It’s not a coincidence their offense got going when the game was already over. Bama spent the entire second half just keeping things in front of them on defense. OU just put up empty yards and points, Bama was never in danger of losing that game. Every time OU would score Bama would take the ball and drive it down their throat and add to the lead. They were toying with OU. Game wasn’t anywhere as close as the score would make you think. Bama took a knee on their goaline to end the game.

Not really. OU had like 150 yards at halftime. It’s not a coincidence their offense got going when the game was already over. Bama spent the entire second half just keeping things in front of them on defense. OU just put up empty yards and points, Bama was never in danger of losing that game. Every time OU would score Bama would take the ball and drive it down their throat and add to the lead. They were toying with OU. Game wasn’t anywhere as close as the score would make you think. Bama took a knee on their goaline to end the game.
Agree, but Alabama played sloppy the 2nd half with a lot of penalties and a few missed assignments. Saban was clearly angry several times with their lack of focus (probably from having the game so well in hand) and will be able to use that in preparation for Clemson. He's a perfectionist and loves to have some negatives to work on leading up to a big game.

They were never in the game. As long as OU plays defense like that your not winning any national titles.

I know they weren't in danger of losing but Oklahoma went up and down the field after getting in that big hole early in the game. You don't let a team do that you are toying with.

Clemson has a decent chance to beat Alabama. Not saying it will happen, but they're really good, too. It hurts that Dexter Lawrence isn't in the middle of the D-line, but Bama's defense isn't as good as past teams. Although their offense is more versatile and scores more than past Saban teams, Clemson has an equally good defense. I'm looking forward to a competitive game.

It should be a good game but Clemson hasn’t seen anything like they are about to see in Bama. Have you seen Clemson’s schedule from this past season?

Alabama is going to smoke Clemson. The ACC was terrible this year and then Clemson was gifted Notre Dame who should be in the same conversations as BYU from now on regarding bowl games.

Alabama is going to smoke Clemson. The ACC was terrible this year and then Clemson was gifted Notre Dame who should be in the same conversations as BYU from now on regarding bowl games.
Bama by 14

Bama got up 28-0 nothing in no time usual with a healthy Tua (what a joke that anybody thought Murray was better than him, playing in a joke conference and playing full 4 quarters without injury.)

They backed off after that and every time Oklahoma showed life, Tua marched down the field and put them away again.

I know they weren't in danger of losing but Oklahoma went up and down the field after getting in that big hole early in the game. You don't let a team do that you are toying with.

A lot of that had to do with how Bama started playing them. I'm not saying they let them score on purpose but they were content to keep everything in front of them and not give up cheap scores and let OU drive the field and burn up clock. They stopped blitzing as much as they were in the first half, stopped jamming receivers as much, and weren't getting upfield rushing but instead just playing contain.

OU's offense is really good. You really think it's a coincidence it took them a whole two quarters to get into a rhythm and it just so happened to be when the game was over? Put two and two together.

Clemson has a decent chance to beat Alabama. Not saying it will happen, but they're really good, too. It hurts that Dexter Lawrence isn't in the middle of the D-line, but Bama's defense isn't as good as past teams. Although their offense is more versatile and scores more than past Saban teams, Clemson has an equally good defense. I'm looking forward to a competitive game.
Clemson can play...Dabo has done a real good job with that program.

Steele saying people will be shocked with his pick but it sounds like he already signed with us. He probably just means leaving the west coast.

Paco or anyone that has a source even if they are not always right - has Steele actually signed the paperwork for us already like many people seem to think?

A few Oklahoma fans seem to think he is going to sign with them and hasn't signed anything official yet. I would put the odds of that at about 2% or less from what I am reading but just curious if there is any possibility of that.

They already have a bunch of DBs signed.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Paco or anyone that has a source even if they are not always right - has Steele actually signed the paperwork for us already like many people seem to think?

A few Oklahoma fans seem to think he is going to sign with them and hasn't signed anything official yet. I would put the odds of that at about 2% or less from what I am reading but just curious if there is any possibility of that.

You mean OU fans like nail? He’s not going to OU and he’s not a fan of how they play defense in the Big 12.

Reactions: Gator Fever

Everything I've read says that yes - he's already signed his LOI and is simply announcing the decision tomorrow.

The University and coaches from all schools are being really quite on the issue to respect his wishes...but most "insiders" have flipped their cap to UF. Also - if you look at USC/OK recruiting they have started pushing to other CBs.

I'm more than cautiously optimistic he's ours but that feeling is still reading tea leaves at this point. Hoping for a good weekend!

BTW - for all the BS Fever takes (lol and most is deserved haha) - nobody here will be more happy to start/continue landing this type of elite talent than that guy. Ultimately Fever is correct that we need top 5 classes to compete year in/out for natties.

So do the chokers, every time they bend over in a big game... :p

There's the Heisman pretenders, and then there's the one's that should have been awarded the Heisman. o_O

Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa had to settle for 2nd place in the Heisman Trophy balloting, but he delivered arguably the best bowl performance. Tagovailoa out dueled Heisman Trophy pretender Kyler Murray of Choke-la-homo in the Orange Bowl to 'earn' his spot as the QB of The AP All-Bowl Team. Tagovailoa was 24 of 27 (88.9%) for 318 yards (13.3 yds/comp) and 4 TD's in the playoff semifinal, another big performance in a big game. :cool:

So do the chokers, every time they bend over in a big game... :p

There's the Heisman pretenders, and then there's the one's that should have been awarded the Heisman. o_O

Alabama QB Tua Tagovailoa had to settle for 2nd place in the Heisman Trophy balloting, but he delivered arguably the best bowl performance. Tagovailoa out dueled Heisman Trophy pretender Kyler Murray of Choke-la-homo in the Orange Bowl to 'earn' his spot as the QB of The AP All-Bowl Team. Tagovailoa was 24 of 27 (88.9%) for 318 yards (13.3 yds/comp) and 4 TD's in the playoff semifinal, another big performance in a big game. :cool:

Well part of that problem is the Heisman voting occurring BEFORE post season play. In true spirit of college football, the post season is supposed to be a REWARD and stats for the longest time didn't count towards teams or players from bowl games. Now we have this new generation of fools who INSIST on there being a legit crowned champion, and thus the pageantry and history are tossed aside and all non-playoff bowls are now instantly "meaningless". The Heisman vote still gets it, anything past the regular season is a REWARD, not an official game or stat. College football is not supposed to have a TRUE national champion because the sport itself is so regional to begin with. Most teams will never play a school from a different geographical part of the country until bowl games. So it really comes down to what you feel is most important for the sport, because the only real magic that put college football up above all other sports was the fact that there was no playoff and it was all for the fun of it. Now it's been packaged and had a price tag slapped on it by ESPN and it's marketed to you in a multi billion $ industry. I'm ranting, but just pointing out why the Heisman vote still doesn't take into account any bowl game stats.

I'm ranting, but just pointing out why the Heisman vote still doesn't take into account any bowl game stats.

It also apparently doesn't take in the quality of the QB's opponents, 14 team SEC vs Big-12-10-whatever... o_O

Putting up big QB stats against Big-whatever is a lot different that doing it vs SEC defenses.
(just ask 54 pt/gm Sam Bad-ford -- 14 Pts vs SEC's #3 D) :rolleyes:

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
It also apparently doesn't take in the quality of the QB's opponents, 14 team SEC vs Big-12-10-whatever... o_O

Putting up big QB stats against Big-whatever is a lot different that doing it vs SEC defenses.

It's a glorified beauty pageant.

There's a reason NO defensive player is ever Top 5 (rarely) and will never be chosen again. I'm not poor mouthing it - that's just want it is.

The Heisman is essentially a QB award given out in large part to gaudy stat-types most often...at least it leans heavily in that direction. No other position on the field really has a chance and if they do, it's at a huge disadvantage.

Then how did the Big Twelve go 3 -1 against the SEC? The clowns are now running around saying the 13 other teams are just living off Bama's accomplishments. Bama's QB had Big Twelve passing numbers.

Then how did the Big Twelve go 3 -1 against the SEC? The clowns are now running around saying the 13 other teams are just living off Bama's accomplishments. Bama's QB had Big Twelve passing numbers.

13-0 #1 Alabama 45 - 34 Choke-la-homo #4 12-1(-11)

9-3 #10 UF 41 - 15 Mich #7 10-2 (-26)

9-3 #11 LSU
40 - 32 UCF #8 12-0 (-8)

9-3 #14 UK 27 - 24 PSU #12 9-3 (-3)

8-4 #19 aTm 52 - 13 NCSt 9-3 (-39)

7-5 Auburn 63 - 14 Purdue 6-6 (-49)

#1 beat #4
#10 beat #7
#11 beat #8
#14 beat #12
8-4 aTm took 9-3 to the -39 woodshed.
And the barn took PU to the -49 woodshed...

UGly was the only top SEC team that choked in a bowl, and even they only lost by 7 Pts.

thats great. When is the last time those clowns won a national title. How many different SEC programs have won one since then. Stop being so illogical.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT